Was the Iraq War justified?

I realize the WMD bullshit was just an excuse, but hey, we can get cheap oil, and 60% of Iraqis approve of the invasion.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised
ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-system-part-1/
ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-part-2/
ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-system-part-3/
ftmdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Preparing-for-the-Collapse-of-the-Petrodollar-System-Part-4.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>waste money with no clear goal in the wrong country so you can feel better about the Saudis knocking over two of your favorite buildings

but what about the oil?

We're not even getting it.
npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

It was a $3 trillion disaster for the US. Who cares if it was "justified"? It was still a horrible idea.

It's not about you getting it, but about what currency it is sold in.
You don't stand to benefit from America selling oil in dollars.

The United States put Saddam into power. Who better to take him out?

And through that, we destablized the region and helped create this new boogeyman of ISIS. Now we can point to these even worse Islamic extremeists as a reason to drive up our defence budget.

No

The islamic state and by extension, the fucking migrant crisis killing Europe would've never happened

is there anything dumber than a fucking neo-con

It's called wealth redistribution.

We redistributed the wealth of the American taxpayer to government contractors. We like to call them job creators. I am sure the money spent on these wars will trickle back down to the American taxpayers. Just ignore how many foreign companies got in on it and all those offshore accounts and that many defence contractors pay jack shit in taxes.

REAGANOMICS!

>You don't stand to benefit from America selling oil in dollars.
could you explain this? i'm really bad at economics

When the oil is being sold in US dollars, that means all other countries basically has to have US dollars in order to buy the oil.
In order to buy US dollars we export our goods to them at a very low profit rate, which is why shit is so cheap in America compared to Europa.

okay, thanks for the explanation. but we still have to import our oil from somewhere, don't we? and if the u.s. can get oil more cheaply from iraq, aren't the savings passed on to us?

Again, the oil doesn't get cheaper just because the US has control of it (See OPEC).
One of the reasons for the invasions of Iraq, Libya and now Syria is because these countries did/do not wish to sell their oil in US dollars any more, but wished/wishes to convert to a gold standard.

I believe Syria has actually switched to sell their oil in euros now, which seems to me, to be more beneficial to Europe.

thanks, that was very helpful

>The United States put Saddam into power
You're a fucking idiot lmao!

glad I could help

>we can get cheap oil
Then why did oil prices spike every single time a new conflict started?

And why did prices of oil plummet after the US pulled out?

>And why did prices of oil plummet after the US pulled out?
Fracking and other methods suddenly became profitable and the market was flooded.

No, end of story

afghanistan wasnt too!

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddd here comes the red pill:

ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-system-part-1/

ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-part-2/

ftmdaily.com/preparing-for-the-collapse-of-the-petrodollar-system-part-3/

ftmdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Preparing-for-the-Collapse-of-the-Petrodollar-System-Part-4.pdf

The iraqi war is still plaguing us.

Yuuuge mistake.