Were "Newly Arrived" European immigrants treated as bad as Hispanic Immigrants?

Were "Newly Arrived" European immigrants treated as bad as Hispanic Immigrants?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams–Onís_Treaty
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes the Irish, Italians, Jews weren't even considered white they had to forge their own paths in the U.S. probably harder than any Hispanic or other immigrant has had to there were no handouts.

Depends on what time period. Irish amd italians weren't even seen as whites originally and catholics in general were frowned upon.

There were no gibs to help out and they lived in shit conditions. You won't see signs saying 'hispanics need not apply' or 'no hispanics', the way the Irish or Italians did

Back in the day European immigrants had to come in through something representing a scene from Papers please.

Hispanics on the other hand just hop a fence then wait for a democrat to get elected.

Depends on where in Europe, but yeah generally they were treated way worse. Irish were shit on as soon as they stepped off the boat. Italians too. Probably why you don't see many of them asking for handouts today, because they had to earn everything since day one.

Fast forward to 2017, where anyone with brown skin is entitled to everything I own whether they're a citizen or not...

Honestly, the worst part of living in canada is leaning the history of this country

Well that's because hispanics were straight up segregated at that time

Yes, Germans, Hungarians, Spainish, Irish, French, Romanians, etc. many were not even seen as white for about a generation. The Irish and Italians got the worst of it. I do recall Germans be lynched during WW1 and WW2 here in America, that and Roosevelt having death camps for German POW...or something of that nature.

They weren't immigrating en masses the way others were at that time

No. Hispanics lived in The spanish states like Florida, Texas and California, Nuevo Mexico etc.

What are you, 12? Skipped every history class huh?

Because they lived in Spanish America.

Are you people just stupid or really never went to school?

Why would a Spaniard go to the English part of the Americas, when they 75% was Spanish?

>Spanish states
???
Tell me more about my history please

fpbp

You people are fucking retarded.

That became American and run by masses of white immigrants. Those territories were hardly settled at all by Mexico and were mainly Indian. wewlad you are dense

You obviously don't know shit.

You're probably one that thinks white people sold slaves to the americas.

lol

Sure thing.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams–Onís_Treaty

Did you ever attend a history class?

The Mexican independence doesn't have anything to do with this.

Amigo you are fucking retarded
Stop making yourself look bad and stop posting

No they were not, because they came here legally.

Those territories were Spanish missions and Indian heathens. By the mid to late1800s when European immigration spiked, there was a rush to the west in homesteading and mining. So what was once sparsely populated became overran by white settlers. Mestizos were thus discriminated against

They were threated infinitely worse than spics, didn't get walfare or any kind of support, just the shittiest jobs immaginable. Also, they were not illegal.

>almost half of America was Spanish in the 19th century
>asking why Spanish people didn't emigrate to America

During the highest waves of immigration during those times, much of the US years still Spanish and parts Mexican in later times.

So Spanish settlers would have settled in Spanish regions, yes?

Yes. I'm not saying that is wrong

What I'm saying is, these mestizos were already there.

This guy asked if Spanish immigrants in the 19th century were treated badly.

No. They could enter and leave as they willed, it was a Spanish territory.

Spanish citizens were treated badly by the American/British citizens moving west annexing the country.

So they didn't discriminate against newly arrived people.

The newly arrived people discriminated against the settlers already there.

Well people used to get called micks and wops a lot, so I guess they weren't too respected when they first showed up here.

They were already there.
Americans showed up.

What is so hard to understand about America annexed the Spanish territories with Spanish people in it?

OK so it depends when op is talking about. We can agree a Mexican immigrant today is treated better than an Irish one back then, but the Irish is treated better than the Mexican back then

They were treated much worse, and were expected to assimilate or die. Immigrants that didn't learn English and work nonstop literally starved. Many were conscripted into the military against their will because they had no idea what they were signing up for.

He said European, not Spanish, you autist.

They were treated worse you dumb ass spic

much MUCH worse, it was a nightmare, but unlike home it was a nightmare that you could fix

Worse, no faggot libcucks defending them

They lived in crammed shitholes

They would check you at Ellis Island and if you were sick you'd get sent back to your home country to die

This. The Spaniards that were living there were white not mestizo shit skins

They didn't send the ill back, would have been a waste of time and money. They put them in camps until everyone died or recovered. Probably contributed to immigrant descendent populations resistance to disease tbqh.

They were treated way worse

They were very remote, far flung parts of the Spanish empire and Mexico. The border with the US wasn't delineated. Most of it was vast landholdings held by the nobility in Spain or Mexico who had never lived or been there.

Aside from the odd gold or silver mine, it was empty desert.

That territory was simply delineated and granted by the Pope. It had no bearing on reality or how much it had been settled, or even explored.

Pretty sure he is a delusional Mexican on a proxy