Reporting on Fake News

Hi Sup Forums I am writing a cause and effect paper on Fake News. Do any of you anons have pics or talking points about the cause (fake news) and the effect it will have or is having on the world (Donald Trump being prez)(pewdiegate).
Also fake news general I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ywsz4ozvo48
youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dduqy0)
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-vpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Note I am also trying to not drop all of my spaghetti out of my pockets here. I am in a university, after all.

WeW Lad. Nobody is home?

last bump before i cry.

kys

only joking.
the news isn't really fake per say, thats the deception. you need to write a paper on propaganda and how the media is there to sway opinions rather than inform.

Title it - The MSM Wants You Dead

Enjoy failing college

>The MSM Wants You Dead
It's the fringe outlets that put out these fake stories that get picked up by the MSM. I've even seen them fall for the Onion, for fucks sake.

Putin keeps bombing the same girl

>news reports using feeling over facts
>news cookiecuts statements to get good headlines
>news doesn't need actual evidence or sources
>news can sit on stories until its convinet.

First off people need to stop taking "fake news" so literally. It's a catch all hyperbole used by Trump to mock Hillary for trying to attribute her loss to it rather than her own failings. Buzzwords/nicknames are his thing.

When he says "fake", he doesn't mean every single news article is literally fake. He means it as a term of disparagement, such as "this article is very bad reporting". He has this opinion because most articles today are written to sway the reader's opinion on a topic, not simply deliver the facts. They do this not only with how singular articles are written, but by the volume of them. You ever notice how many anti trump articles there are, even for innocuous things like him eating his steak with ketchup? This is to keep the idea of "Trump is bad" in your mind. Now tell me, how many positive Trump articles have you seen on the MSM (ABC, NBC, CNN, WSJ, NYT, etc)? Not very many. Now this could mean he just isn't doing anything good, but do you really believe that? I mean statistically he has to be doing at least some things that most people, even the left, would consider good. But you never hear about them from these organizations, or if you do, they are downplayed, attributed to someone other than Trump, etc. This is to keep you from thinking "well he's doing some good things and some bad things, pretty average" rather than "HE IS LITERALLY SATAN AND CAN DO NOTHING GOOD".

Example: youtube.com/watch?v=Ywsz4ozvo48
@1:10 - "Why these certain countries are on or off this list is truly mysterious"

Its not mysterious at all. As we all know, these were countries that the Obama administration had placed lighter restrictions on due to being "countries of risk". Trump simply strengthened the restriction. Why are they omitting the very likely reason why these were chosen? Because that would make his decision to do this more acceptable to people, especially liberals who may think "Well at least he's following in Obama's lead on this"

Another easy example is the "mexicans are rapists" thing. The truth is that was part of a speech on illegal immigration. When he said "they" he was referring to illegal mexicans and even cited the study later on where he got that information. But it was commonly reported as "Donald Trump says Mexicans are rapists". Its been repeated so much that this is what the common man now thinks he really means. They are continuing this thread with the whole immigration ban. The truth is its only 90 days for a few countries. But its reported and now widely believed that "Donald Trump is against immigration".

Last one I got is the whole "Russian whores peeing in the bed" thing. CNN claims it was ok for them to run this story because they were just informing the public of its existence, not that they were saying it was true. Why exactly does the public need to know about an unsubstantiated story? To push the narrative. There are still people today who think this story is true, which was the entire point of them running the article...gotta keep feeding people new negative stories about Trump.

This push for a biased narrative is what he means by "fake"; it may be real stories, but they are presented or hidden in such a way as to lead you to a conclusion rather than simply presenting the facts and letting you come to your own. Good reporting should be just a presentation of all the facts of an issue, with little opinion involved. Trump himself even said recently at a rally that "Bad stories are fine as long as they are fair". He means not only in that particular story's presentation, but he also wants the good things he does to be reported as well as the bad, which is currently not happening.

Real life results? Take a look around you. People are whipped up into mass hysteria over it ("literally shaking") and destroying property in riots and physically attacking their neighbors. Friendships/marriages ended. Some have even attempted to kill him, possibly spurred on by news segments like this (youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dduqy0) which detail exactly who needs to die for Obama to remain President, aired mere days before the inauguration. I'm sure there's a TON of people out there, who if you gave them a gun pointed at his head, would pull the trigger without hesitation or remorse because they truthfully believe they are averting the 4th Reich. Hell, they would probably do the same to anyone you said is a Trump supporter. All this because of the MSM """""""""""informing""""""""""" them.

Here's a Molyneux video that details a lot of the earlier "fake news" (last year's) with citations in video description: youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-vpg

All news must have either a video or a picture these days or nobody reads it. Newspapers are dead and the young can only comprehend 140 characters at a time. For these reasons mainstream news media often substitute a poorly sourced image or even video with a story, just because they feel they need SOME picture and do not have a properly attributed one to hand.

Now, since nobody reads the words (besides the screaming headline) you get stuff like:

!!!Donald Drumpf Eats Babies Blood For Breakfast!!!
Posted next to a picture of a baby having blood taken.

This is fake news since 1) The headline is almost always fake on most stories, or exaggerated, and 2) The baby pictures is just stock footage of a check-up or something.

The news media wants to delegitimize the election of donald trump because he wont bow to them and they cant control him and he calls them out on their bullshit. This is the first time in over 3 decades that a politician has stood up to the media and gotten away with it. in that time the media has become very entitled and like to think of themselves as kingmakers. With the ascension of internet information, the people dont need to watch cable tv or buy a newspaper to figure out whats going on so the media is grasping at straws and frothing at the mouth while screeching autistically to try to remain relevant. In the end this is causing the common man to become even more disgusted with their extremist tactics that he abandons them completely. You are witnessing the downfall of an entire industry.

I got my whole friend group saying fake news now and hating CNN. One of them is a qt Brazilian girl.
>feelsgoodman
Pic related brazil gril sent it to me

Just point out Trumps conflicting statements, ez pz