Elon Musk - Planning to Bombard Earth With Moon Rocks?

This really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HkTeI7zcKo
encyclopediadramatica.se/Brianna_Wu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
breitbart.com/london/2015/02/13/the-wacky-world-of-wu-the-tortured-history-of-gamergates-self-styled-feminist-martyr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb tranny is dumb.

WTF I hate the moon now.

HOLY FUCK HE/SHE'S DUMB

embarassing

wtf I hate the moon now

sure wish it'd land on her

Girls + STEM = worst meme ever.

Wow, someone've read "Moon is a harsh mistress" in his 40's and tweeted about that.

Christ I wish that faggot Wu would just shut the fuck up and fade into obscurity.

Just how exactly do you "drop" a rock from the moon surface of the moon to earth?

"Rock" is so fucking mineralist.

As if all geodes are the same or something, or in this context all geodes are hyperviolent superpredators waiting to fall from the Moon and wipe out humanity.

>he didn't listen to JR podcast #911
>he doesn't know beneath the moon's surface is a large amount of water
>he doesn't know this water supply will give us the ability to travel to Mars and beyond

They would have to shoot it, otherwise if they drop it, it would take some extraordinary amount of calculus to accurately determine where it would drop as it entered Earth's atmosphere.

You need less energy to launch smth from the Moon than from Earth. Gravity well of the Moon is shallower.

We already have enough nukes to kill everyone 100 times over, why waste the extra money on moon base? Dumb cunt.

Don't worry, they'll only drop rocks that identify as feathers.

it just falls off the moon, idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=_HkTeI7zcKo

> dumb cunt
He wishes, newfriend. That's a man. John Flynt, son of penthouse billionaire Larry Flynt. I'm sure daddy is very proud.

That's some psychic vampires levels of insanity if he really did say/think that.

>not knowing there are aliens in the room you're in right now
>not knowing that you are the ayylmao

Fuck

Time to play some KSP

Let's be real here tho, if there was ever gonna be a rl villain that built a moon base to launch moon rocks at earth, Elon Musk is a great name for that villain.

>Girls

>the only people with space capabilities are the US and Russia
>Trump wants to put us on the moon on our way to mars
>we're probably going to weaponize the moon because America Fuck You

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

AAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>multiplies the kinetic energy

Shit like this gives me hope for my future because this person is obviously mentally retarded and they make a lot of money

It makes my future prospects seem brighter because I'm not as mentally retarded

>asteroids are being weaponized
>we're building moon bases
>military spending skyrocketing
oh shit we're in the starship troopers timeline

But launching something ain't the same thing as "dropping" it.

Exactly. You can't just "drop" shit from the moon. Just who is this bitch? I have to admit I havent heard of her before.

Kill your self lardass. Obiously you missed the sarcasm because you were too busy shooting the fucking bacon grease into your bloodstream.

That person is a college drop out (if you couldn't tell), a failed game designer, and a congressional candidate with very rich parents.
He is a professional victim.

Or Gundam, or Moon is a Harsh Mistress . . . this isn't an uncommon idea.

Oh my fucking sweet baby Jose. Who are you and why are you here? That's Brianna wu (once John flynt). He is from GG and is running for congress in Maryland.
Two threads a day, for the last three months.

>Kill your self lardass.

And obviously YOU didn't get my sarcasm. It's a fucking movie where they fall back to earth by jumping off the moon

This is the rock of Gibraltar with an estimated mass of 1.78 *10^12 kg.

The terminal velocity of a typical rock in Earth's atmosphere is about 300 km/hr.

If kinetic energy is calculated using 0.5*m*v^2, a rock this size was 'dropped' into Earth from space, the impact would be nearly equivalent to one typical nuclear bomb which releases 4.18*10^15 J.

Or, if you can accelerate a rock to Mach 10, which is about 12345 km/hr, you would only need a mass of 5.48 * 10^7 kg. Still a pretty sizeable rock.

>some fucking moonenite destroys your hometown
IM FROM BEUNOS AIRES AND I SAY KILL EM ALL

this, whos the hero tho

What did you do to me , you MONSTER

encyclopediadramatica.se/Brianna_Wu

Here's the cliff notes, newfriend. That dissent cover that he is blaming 4chinns for problems with his donation site. Accusing the evil hacker known as Sup Forums for all problems in his life, for almost a decade.

Some places would certainly look better after bombardment with moon rocks.

Princess Bubblegum is a Princess, and a Scientist. You can be both, faggot.

>firing missiles from the moon when you can just have satellites in orbit do it

im s m h t b h f a m

he isn't wrong, if you could somehow get a piece of the moon outside of the moons gravity well it would eventually hit earth and do massive damage.

>this faggot is still alive
It's almost like those death threats were bullshit

holy cow pol. as much as i hate wu she is pretty close. she just mixed up the moon with earth's orbit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

>The typical depiction of the tactic is of a satellite containing a magazine of tungsten rods and a directional thrust system. When a strike is ordered, the satellite would brake[1] one of the rods out of its orbit and into a suborbital trajectory that intersects the target. As the rod approaches periapsis and the target due to gravity, it picks up immense speed until it begins decelerating in the atmosphere and reaches terminal velocity shortly before impact. The rods would typically be shaped to minimize air resistance and maximize terminal velocity. In science fiction, the weapon is often depicted as being launched from a spaceship, instead of a satellite.

>Kinetic bombardment has the advantage of being able to deliver projectiles from a very high angle at a very high speed, making them extremely difficult to defend against. In addition, projectiles would not require explosive warheads, and—in the simplest designs—would consist entirely of solid metal rods, giving rise to the common nickname "Rods from God".[2] Disadvantages include the technical difficulties of ensuring accuracy and the prohibitively high costs of positioning ammunition in orbit.

i get that its fun to call her a tranny and point out how dumb she is but calling her retarded over this is just embarassing

Born late to explore the Earth
and born too early to travel the Space
But born the same timeline when Sup Forums discusses the future of Space travel, and the future of Human Space Colonization. Hmm. Works for me (Currently listening to Traditional Chinese Music, The Yellow Crane)

space gravity is exponential, faggot

Imagine if you could get a few pixels of this moon to break away from the moons gravity well and slowly fall towards earth.

We would see this massive rock go around and around, getting bigger and bigger, until it hit thick enough atmosphere to superheat and explode into a million little nuclear bombs.

except if you wanted to actually hit something from orbit you can just fire it from satellite from a much lower orbit than from the fucking moon you god damned retard

>he thinks we're native to this timeline

What if he peed on us?

The largest thing we have in space, the SS, would almost completely break up upon hitting the atmosphere. We're talking about a piece of the moon that is 10000x larger and 50000x heavier than the SS. A few pixels worth in pic related.

twitter banned me for this. My first and only tweet

Actually, that's wrong. I used 300 km/hr instead of 83.333 m/s for the velocity, which would be required for consistent units. The order of magnitudes are similar though.The energy released would be almost exactly the energy of one nuclear bomb.

And at Mach 10, or 3429 m/s, , the mass required would b 7*10^8 km. You would need accelerate 78,000 tons to Mach 10.

>mentally ill men in charge of understanding astrophysics

MEXICAN

INTELLECTUAL

Theoretically, he isn't totally wrong. A rock (we're talking kilometers of diameter) wide enough, at maximum velocity, hitting the earth would fuck up the whole earth.
Even if you took a penny and dropped it from a plane, it could kill people.

The issues with that theory are quite simple.
>1. The moon is far away, like really far away
>2. Atmosphere

They kind of come together, as you would need a rock small enough so it can be thrown from a long distance without costing too much energy, but big enough so it doesn't burn itself in the atmosphere.

Also, it wouldn't be practical for tactical strikes, as you would also need a guiding system once you broke the atmosphere. So you'd want to throw a few kilometers wide rock from the moon to earth, which is completely retarded as it isn't cost-efficient compared to a nuclear holocaust.

How, it would deteriorate in the atmosphere?

That would have to be a big rock

For you

>trannies are all 80iq and also insane
gee im shocked

>princess bubblegum
Want to share with the class what faggoty kids show you watch, user?

>it makes sense once you ignore the majority of his argument
that really gravitated my gravel

am I the only one who reads "BRAAAPPPP" like the sounds from Hans Zimmer movies

Without a warhead, I just don't see how the release energy could be equivalent to a nuke, see
A penny dropped from a plane might crush a baby's skull, but at terminal velocity it isn't deadly.

>yfw this is Trump's plan to defeat ISIS, using moonrocks as the same muslims workship in Mecca to kill them all

I bet it could be done using current technology and a shitload of resources. If you drilled a bunch of tunnels through a moon mountain and could create a fracture line a few kilometres long like you say, it wouldn't take too much delta v to get that floating mountain away from the moon. Although it's possible the explosion would sent the mountain a few feet away from the moon and then gravity would pull the two together blowing apart the mountain.

Never knew a tranny could be so enlightening.

>Multiplies energy
Wew lad.

There was an article printed several days ago about shooting tungsten rods from the moon, at earth.
HE read it and was drunk or high and went on a Twitter trump rant about it. He said "drop rocks". That's pretty retarded. Why all the sympathy for a professional victim, who has a ten year history of bullying people?
breitbart.com/london/2015/02/13/the-wacky-world-of-wu-the-tortured-history-of-gamergates-self-styled-feminist-martyr/

This isn't a class fuckboi

I don't know what to read it ass.
It's definetly not a fart sound.

Friction? Are you retarded? Have you ever seen re-entry or played any flight simulator? Ever stuck your hand out the window on the highway?

> Tranny logic

And my country just removed being a tranny from mental disorders.

but why bother with the moon if you could just shoot kinetic impactors from a space station. A depleted Urainium rod would have like 10x the impact of a meteor

Might want to reread that

I don't even get the debate. We have more than enough nukes to turn the planet into dust. Why is everyone concerned about reinventing the wheel?

>100s of nuclear bombs
he's a fucking retarded brain dead tranny
Most rock would burn up in the atmosphere unless they're the size of mt everest or something

Now a tungsten rod, that is a different story

Couldn't we just shut down the atoms on the rock before it hit?

Or we could drill a tunnel in the moon, set up some nuclear device at the end of it, seal it up with a rock, line up the tunnel's exit hole with the earth and fire up the nuclear bomb, thus creating the first death star.

>tranny space scientists

How do we stop him?

> Be indie game developer.
> Haven't played as much as 15 minutes of KSP, one of the most succesful alpha access indie games in modern times.

If you don't know how orbits work by now you need to play KSP or KYS.

so simple

it's like the energy crisis, we simply need to wrap the sun in solar panels. what are we waiting for??!!!?!?1

Not an uncommon idea but unpractical one. We still need tech more advanced to achieve this but do we really want that? I admit that it would be awsome to be the only fucking nation on the face of the earth who has a moon base and a fucking weaponised meteorites but in the end it would just fuck the shit up on earth. Would be a bitch to starve on the moon when the calculations of "how large meteorite can we send there at this speed without destroying the place" would be a bit off.

U wot m8? Snap out of it!

>55554
Damn... Just have to ignore you because of that.

Love your sarcasm but... just how does one manage to confuse the surface of the moon with earths orbit? "She" is a retard, agreed?

>say that Elon Musk will turn the moon into a military base with a superweapon that launches large parts of the moon towards Earth
>people call you crazy
>shriek that it's the straight white males trying to keep a """"woman"""" down

I swear, only in America could a crazy tranny like this run for a government position and have the media take it seriously.

You're fucking retarded. A tungsten rod accelerated to 1/2 the speed of light would generate less energy than the largest nuclear weapon.

A tungsten rod will lose almost all of its energy before it hits the ground. It will be travelling slower than modern antiship missile fragments. Even the modern meteoroids that have actually made it to the ground and done considerable damage were massive. The one in Russia that flattened all those trees was about 100x heavier than the space station which is more than 1000x heavier than the heaviest commercial satellite.

I'm pretty sure the USN has even got their electromagnetic supergun to fire tungsten/whatever rods at 3500m/s.

Without knowing the mass of the rod, how the fuck do you know?

With 12 year old faggots like you talking about their favorite cartoons, its understandable he thought he was in school.

he is wrong. Kinetic bombardments still wouldnt release as much energy as 1950s hydrogen bombs.

so his doomsday weapon is still less destructive and precise than what we can do now. Tungsten sticks, my ass.

Jose should stick to mowing lawns.

Why? This is way more interesting to talk about than bog pills and lame copy pasta. Plenty of threads about how we can't let trump get the nuclear codes, if that's what you prefer. This is real people, this one specifically is running for congress.
For a congressional seat in the U.S. Senate. I love this timeline.

I used the mass of the air force's designs for a space based memetic energy weapon. Google rods from god. The rods theorized were 1'x20' ~8000kg

>100s of nuclear weapons
>it is absolutely true
So in addition to being a mentally ill degenerate he is also a retard?

Who's the hero? I got the right men for the job.

>trump drops giant moon rock on china
>earth rotates and it hits the US instead

this
how big is the meteor and how big is the rod also what shape is it? you cant tell anything without that also stop being such an autistic faggot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE