Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

I was talking today with a friend at the uni cafeteria and of course the Oscars came as a topic of conversation. We exchanged our thoughts about the ceremony and all that bullshit and then I made a remark that made my friend really angry. I must tell you that studying in a german University, people have quite obvious liberal biases and the topic of the Syrian civil war is quite incendiary. I must say that I consider myself a hardcore leftist and what bogles me is that most of the topics regarding middle east and such I tend to agree way more with you guys than my actual "liberal" friends and that is because liberals are actually not leftists or right wingers they are as statusquo as statusquo can get.

Anyhow I told my friend that I am no longer surprised by Hollywood's hypocresy in awarding a film about some so-called "humanitarian activists" that have some shady ties with terrorist organizations and have made obvious anti-Assad statements when they are supposed to be neutral. He exploded when he heard this and said that I was talking like a fascist (which seems to be the go to insult nowadays when somebody doesn't agree with you). I wanted to ask you a favour and give me some links that you could provide me about the issue. I have looked for a while but the sources seem a bit biased. Please help me out, you are my only hope.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1VNQGsiP8M
twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/836244223049543686
twitter.com/DPRKJones/status/835932898662445056
twitter.com/timand2037/status/836504129304313856
twitter.com/Jakoben1789/status/836098969780568070
twitter.com/USAmericans1st/status/836076858261176320
twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/836076146282401792
twitter.com/sarahabed84/status/834794836297445378
youtube.com/watch?v=I8mA0h7dCKI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
youtube.com/watch?v=mgnTskvdYi0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
youtube.com/watch?v=n69dKhTZJXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
clarityofsignal.com/2017/02/27/massive-white-helmets-photo-cache-proves-hollywood-gave-oscar-to-terrorist-group/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Expand on your statement why liberals are not left, they are cultual marxist prove me wrong

Look out for RT sources, and also twitter sources from syria iraq, white helmets are fake, they even staged a maniquin challenge video, they are also helping Al nusra and Islamists, your liberal friend wont accept this facts anyway if he calls you facsist for this, top kek

Go ask /sg/ you dunce

Visit /sg/ they have links for that in their OP

Did you call him a double fascist?

Yes I have seen those sources already but I mean is there any hard evidence as for example documents from wikileaks, or videos of some sort from credible news organizations or actual journalists (not bloggers which is something that I have found the most)?

>Expand on your statement why liberals are not left, they are cultual marxist prove me wrong

I reject the term "cultural marxism" because it does not exist. It's a term coined by marxist critics whoch don't understand Marxist theory very well. I say they are not leftists because they reject the hegelian dialectics of history and focus only on the identity politics issue. By this I mean that if we were to take Marx's vision of the nature of the evolution of human societies they would rather reform and restructe what Marx called the "Superstructure" instead of the "base" which is what Marx says is responsible for the way capitalist societies are shaped, thus the base determines the superstructure and not the other way around so culture in Marxism is quite irrelevant.

Sorry I'm fucking new as fuck here I usually only browse /lit/ and Sup Forums what is /sg/??

/syria general/
the thread is kinda fun and comfy too

Oh shit, ok I didn't know thanks I will ask there.

Here are some entry level stuff you could digest.
youtube.com/watch?v=g1VNQGsiP8M

/sg/ is Syria General. It's a thread of people that have been following the war for years and would be able to better answer your question

To your question I'd ask him how he defines fascism and why he thinks a rebel group that believes is religious supremacy is not fascist whereas Assad welcomes all faiths

>I wanted to ask you a favour and give me some links that you could provide me about the issue. I have looked for a while but the sources seem a bit biased. Please help me out, you are my only hope.
do you seek this because you realy care or because someone called you, the so called statusquo of liberalism, fasicst?

>do you seek this because you realy care or because someone called you, the so called statusquo of liberalism, fasicst?

I really do care, I'm not gonna try to rub it in my friend's face cause he is beyond the point of having an argument. I just want to make sure I'm not falling into some cognitive bias because I havent seen any hard evidence on the matter it just seemed super shady to me.

Thanks guy

You disproved nothing, cultual marxists are Marcuse, Gramcsi and Lukacs, they reinvented marxism into cultural terms to achieve their marxist / communist utopia, you are obviously an economic marxist trying to deflect their roots to safeguard your own ideology, fuck off commie

White Helmets are just al-Nusra jihadists who stand around for photo ops. All our governments send them money and equipment (guess what happens to it) and it's fucking disgusting.

>RT sources
Dude what

Anyone in the US especially partisan Democrats will call you a moron for taking anything RT says as possibly legit news no matter how much other sources agree with it.

They think RT is pure lies and propaganda.

>Marcuse, Gramcsi and Lukacs

Neither of those three ever in their own philosophical works ever referred to their theories as cultural marxism. Cultural Marxism could refer to the general application of Marxist ideology, Critical Theory or the Theory of Negativity to the social sciences but mainly refers to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science and are engaged in a decades- or centuries-long plot to undermine western culture. The term was coined for the first time by Trent Schroyer in the seventies and is often thought to refer to the Frankfurt School in a pejorative way. If you read any of the works of any of these people (especially Theodore Adorno) you will see that while they all share a common hatred (in some cases borderline pathological like for example with Adorno) for fascism but also the capitalist media industry which manufactures what we know as art and entertainment in neatly ordered packages tailored to our needs. In the case of Adorno his hatred for Hollywood and celebrity culture was notorious and many of them were accused of being elitist and smug intellectuals. They were in fact against the industralization of art and culture as a whole but that doesn't correlate with what you call "cultural Marxism".

This is why it never ceases to amaze me that conservative analysts accept the idea of cultural Marxism. They go to the writings of the Frankfurt School to get footnotes to support this idea. The sharper analysts take it back to Antonio Gramsci's prison writings in the 1930's. He was officially a Communist. He was an Italian. He had spent time in the Soviet Union in the 1920's, and he believed that the Leninist tradition was incorrect.

He believed that the West had not proven to be a fertile ground for Communism, precisely because the West was Christian. He recognized clearly that until Christianity was broken as a primary commitment of the West, there would be no proletarian revolution there. History certainly has borne him out. It never came.

Gramsci argued, and the Frankfurt School followed his lead, that the way for Marxists to transform the West was through cultural revolution: the idea of cultural relativism. The argument was correct, but the argument was not Marxist. The argument was Hegelian. It meant turning Marxism on its head, just as Marx had turned Hegel on his head. The idea of Marxism in the earliest days was based on a rejection of the spiritual side of Hegelianism. It placed the mode of production at the heart of the analysis of capitalist culture.

You seem like a nice person user. Please visit /sg/. Plenty of stuff for you there.

>cultural marxism
Call it intersectionality then. It's pretty much the same thing. It is without a doubt marxist.

All you are doing is arguing what you think they are wrong about what karl marx meant. Sounds like you are a marxist. And that "this isn't real marxism" argument has been applied to every example of when those ideas have been implemented. Did stalin understand marxist theory well? Did mao? Does kim jong un? Did pol pot?

equality of outcome is unobtainable, and that flaw applies to neo-Marxist intersectional feminism as much as it did to orthodox communism

Actually no, I wasn't making that argument, I was saying that the term cultural marxism doesn't make any sense to me because it should be called cultural hegelianism like I said here I am a marxist but Marx was wrong in many things and some of them are completely outdated because its a theory that is almost 150 years old. I am claiming that they are not real leftist because they haven't read a fucking book or theory that go outside of what is deemed appropiate by this "liberal moralist" dictatorship of the "left" and thus we see the hypocrisy that is rampant in this so-called leftist movements like BLM (which for me is one of the most right wing groups there are) or the Hillary supporters (how anyone thinks Hillary is a leftist is beyond me).

Ask any so called "leftist" from my Uni if they have ever read Von Mises or Friedman and they would say no fucking way. If you are interested about it I recommend that you read "the myth of the left" from Gustavo Bueno its basically a deconstruction of the new left and why is obviously failing. I get called out in school a lot because I say that we have to learn a lot from the right. Just listen any Slavoj Zizek conference they will always berate him as a fascist or a troskist or some ridiculous name-calling.

tell your friend to accept some refugees, so they rape him and turn him into a racist and he will forget about this, and maybe the thought police arrests him

I don't think going on a tangent about refugees will help in any way into moving this argument forward. If you don't like refugees that is fine by me but it doesn't have anything to do with the conversation.

twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/836244223049543686
twitter.com/DPRKJones/status/835932898662445056
twitter.com/timand2037/status/836504129304313856
twitter.com/Jakoben1789/status/836098969780568070
twitter.com/USAmericans1st/status/836076858261176320
twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/836076146282401792
twitter.com/sarahabed84/status/834794836297445378

youtube.com/watch?v=I8mA0h7dCKI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
youtube.com/watch?v=mgnTskvdYi0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And the all time classic Aleppo redpil:
youtube.com/watch?v=n69dKhTZJXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

>And the all time classic Aleppo redpil:
>youtube.com/watch?v=n69dKhTZJXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BUMP

&

F

some good stuff here:

clarityofsignal.com/2017/02/27/massive-white-helmets-photo-cache-proves-hollywood-gave-oscar-to-terrorist-group/

True heroes until the very end. Dozens of similar stories throughout this war.