How do we fix Japan? Even their writing system is laughable

How do we fix Japan? Even their writing system is laughable.

Other urls found in this thread:

track3.mixtape.moe/mmlxdz.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japan is fine
Stay away white piggu

Spaces between words would be a good start.

A couple more atomic bombs might do the trick.

Weeb faggot

For anyone not in the know, this is an Sup Forums meme. Only three of those kanji are real. And if you think it would still be impossible to tell the difference between those three, how do you know the difference between Q and O? Or what about the difference between an upper case i and a lower case L?

>akshually.tiff
A writing system that requires 90+ IQ and perseverance to gain even basic literal competence in, would be even more Sup Forums than voterID laws.

That's only used when teaching children, you don't see spaces in textbooks generally from grade 3 and up.

I know. It's pretty essential if you don't use many kanji but I never understood the argument that it won't be a readability benefit even if you use kanji.

>A writing system that requires 90+ IQ
citation needed

They will cease to exist on their own so there's no need to intervene

>an honest german

Because the nips are too patrician to sacrifice aestetics in order to cater to the downtrodden.

Also Kanjis do stick out visually quite a bit and give good hints towards word boundaries.

>learning jap
>astounded daily by how weird some of it is

Are all other languages like this? Is learning English the same way? Was language a mistake?

Two is not enough amiright

also why not nuke a country which has already been nuked, nothing bad can happen

I can't imagine a scenario where you could confuse I and l unless they are written individually like that. Same goes for 大、犬、太, except those are obviously written differently

It's not a benefit. Koreans dumped their hanja and started using spaces with zero problems and it's both similar grammatically to Japanese and has homophones out the ass too.

The Japs don't change their writing not because it can't be changed, but because they don't feel like it. It's a part of their culture they don't want to let go of for shallow convenience reasons. Still, their other rationalizations for why they keep it are just silly.

Let China annex them.

what did you find so weird about it?

I don't have an exact number on me.
But you would agree that it takes substantially more effort than latin derived alphabets?

I pick up new programming languages over the weekend but i don't think i will ever have the time needed to not suck at reading japanese

>They will cease to exist on their own
Why would that happen?

*Is a benefit. Not sure why I made that negative.

How do you knowant to describe something like "numerous cheap tiny red circular Indian berries" rather than " tiny circular Indian red cheap numerous berries".

They both sound stupid, but if u had to say the sentences out loud, which one would u use? Why?

The way numbers are said and the fact that some of the Kanji have like triple the strokes of just writing the syllables in hiragana or katakana, mostly.

>But you would agree that it takes substantially more effort than latin derived alphabets?
Of course, but it's not as bad as it seems.

>kana is like cursive and non-cursive
>kanji are just ideas represented as pictures
For example, the average brazilian shitstain easily learns 5,000+ names and skills in Dota 2 just fine. If he can do it, anyone can.

>restore right to have a full on military
>start a draft
>send all the NEETs to nearby islands and smaller countries to conquer them for resources
>soldiers come back home chock full of testosterone and start fucking bitches and making babies

Make Japan great again.

They have three, which system are you talking about?

pretty sure he means kanji, no one would complain about their double syllabaries other than the existence of two in the first place instead of one (even if both serve a unique purpose that helps readability)

>kanji are just ideas represented as pictures
True.
But also grossly oversimplified.

Their current shape has morphed again and again over several centuries and most, you could never identify them without looking up in an etomology dictionary.

The compounding of radicals does have rhyme reason and system to them - in some ancient dialect of chinese, that noone speaks anymore.

Then add in that every kanji has 2-3 different readings and now you try to read a compound of 2 kanjis with 5 possiblities to choose from.
There are rules for this, but all of those have exceptions.
The only way to be sure is MEMORIZING EVERY FUCKING WORD IN THE DICTIONARY.

Did you know they have gameshows on TV where grown ass japanese are tasked with reading a text fast?
They usually fuck up about 5 sentences in.

Only one of those is an actual character.

>with zero problems
Yeah, that's why they have to use hanja in any text slightly more complex than a tweet.

Would you say that Japanese rarely speak other languages because they never fully master their own?

only takes a year to get the kanji down with pronunciations

Can the mods ban this shitposter already?

Na.
I'd say it's just because it's a lot harder to get good in a language that is from a entirely different family then your own.
Relative to the difference between indo european languages and east asian ones, the diffrences between two individual indo european languages start to look more like dialects.

>in any text slightly more complex than a tweet.
[citation needed]

They hardly use Hanja at all in everyday life and there's most certainly no "have to".

this level of hardness isnt even near Hungarian levels of hard

Have them jump kanji. It's a nice idea but it so outdated and tied to centuries old chinese writing rules. Phonetic spelling with clear rules is superior to memorizing a couple thousand pictographs various readings. The fact that furigana needs to exist at all is proof that kanji it clunky.
Use hiragana or katakana (since they're the same goddamn sounds), start putting spaces between words. Done.

Basically make it more like latin/germanic languages.

t. never tried to read full-hiragana text

>one

Dog and fat. But yeah otherwise the diagram is a bit deceptive.
I wouldn't even put the kanji as the hardest part as it's just a grind. It's the dictionary. The sameness of everything and the gorillion synonyms and homonyms.
It's a pain.

They have too many homophones for that to work. Its a total nightmare to try reading things in only hiragana or katakana

Protip: there's no 太 on that chart.

>how do we make Japan more friendly to shitskin immigrants and white cucks

fuck off

Isn't it on the left?

ALLOW FUCKING IMMIGRATION

Wrong stroke angle. :^)

Thight pussies

>learning stroke order

This is suicidal.

It mostly follows few basic rules.

There's a uniform pattern to it so if you understand the basic ones you learn in 1st and 2nd grade, you can write most kanji in the right order

track3.mixtape.moe/mmlxdz.webm

horizontal lines first, etc etc it's pretty intuitive, i wouldnt stress over it

Romaji exists, OP

ハハハ

ジジジジジジ

ジジジジジジ

ジジジジジジ

世界

The stroke order of radicals is largely constant for all characters and fairly intuitive. If you know all the pieces of the character then you probably know the overall order.

The joke is that they're all forms of the same Kanji in that picture.

>D B P R
>Q O C U
>I L
>E F
>W V N M
>X K

>Implying English letters don't look similar as well

These are two different characters

These are two different characters.
E
F

These are two different characters
l
I

POP QUIZ:

Name this kanji: 卍

Kun'yomi: nachi

Manji.
It denotes Buddhist temples on some Japanese maps.
Also 10,000, or a myriad of something.

On'yomi: puu

There are other countries that need fixing a lot more, mainly in Europe. Leave Japan alone.

The solution is English. It is objectively the greatest organic language mankind has ever created.

>卍
10000 in number