Mosul liberation

How long will isis last after the Mosul liberation? Id say like 3 years

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5
longwarjournal.org/archives/2017/01/russias-new-favorite-jihadis-the-taliban.php
syria.liveuamap.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends what you mean as last. Technically, Al-Qaeda is still around fucking around in Yemen, but they have barely any influence. Similar thing happens with ISIS. They keep a little land in bumfuck nowhere Syria and Iraq for couple years, but nothing major at all.

just one fucking city how have they been trying to this

If they lose Mosul it'll be a financial disaster for them

They don't really have any other cities of Mosul's scale under control

Oh they wil hang around. They will compete with Al-Qaeda for the mantle of world jihadi leadership.

How the fuck did ISIS even lose Mosul? Seems like a catastrophic fuckup on their part.

I think they're boned either way. They've lost all of their offensive capabilities. At this point they're just trying to hold on for as long as possible, hoping that something happens in the conflict that reinvigorates their factional strength.

Because they are a bunch of towelled fuck heads and while the Iraq army is also a bunch of towelled fuckheads, they have more people and Western support

Don't forget everyone's favorite Taliban

They've got tons of gold. Also remember they took Mosul before. I say they'll take it again.

Kek

Aren't the taliban part of al qaeda?

>half of the world bombed them
>muh how did they fuck up
The defense of mosul was actually impresive, you clearly didn't follow the battle. They took out half of the Golden Division and delayed the Iraqi victory several months (it was planned to be completed before Obongo stepped down).

Just to recap, the reason we cannot drop a thermonuclear weapon on the area is:

I don't see how they can it back now they lost half of their land

And they lost a bunch of there oil fields too

ISIS controls a shit ton of oilfields

No. Taliban are pashtun nationalists of afghanistan. They are allied with al Qaeda and other jihadists like the Uzbekistan islamic party. The taliban are the leaders of the guerrilla, thats why they are at odds with ISIS, because ISIS wanted to be the new leaders of the Afghanistan jihadi movement, so the Taliban cracked them.

That would be the worst war crime of modern history.

No, they just harbor Osama. They are the sons of the Mujaheddin, those who fought the Ruskis in the Soviet/Afghan war. They care less about western powers (they still do) and focus on controlling Afghanistan

Okay thanks for telling me

What if it was like 'murder on the orient express' where we, the west, drop a bomb but we all just agree that we witnessed a bunch of terrorists build a bomb, place it and set it off.

Talibans are a bit different. They are in essence a nationalist armed group (Pashtuns ) with big religious fundamentalist component. They have no interest in acting beyond their regions and reconquering Afghanistan.

They even made a deal with Russia for fighting IS in Afghanistan in exchange for money & weapons so IS can't spread north to Central Asia.

Are the ruskies really supporting these goat fuckers? Could give me some sources to red pill me?

I'm suprised they held it as long as they did

Since summer 2014

Raqqa?

That's probably the only other major city they hold

Yeah even when half of world is bombing them

The taleban were actually happy to hand over Osama so the US didn't invade.

But obviously that wasn't the point

theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

As far as I know, cooperation between Russia and Taliban is only about intelligence, not weapons. And only limited to fight ISIS.

As long if it's only against isis then I'm cool with it

longwarjournal.org/archives/2017/01/russias-new-favorite-jihadis-the-taliban.php

There was a good article some months ago also how Russia has been giving them supplies and occasional training in their army base in Tajikistan, right across the border.

That could be fake news I mean until I see some photos of them in the act then I'll believe it

What app is that?

LiveUAMap

syria.liveuamap.com/