The neet lifestyle

What recommendations or words do you have for the neet, Sup Forums?

I'll paint a picture for you. This neet is male, 18-25yo, has no driving license, has a criminal record for violence but is not a violent person as their charges were part of the abuse found in households on welfare. The neet lives alone or in a sharehouse and has an IQ of about 100.

I would say to this person that they should learn the definitions for the following terms:
Cost of living, expenses, assets, liabilities, and income. They should then measure their cost of living and look for options to reduce the cost, such as switching some of their foodstuffs to generic brand.
I would also recommend church as it gives the neet an excuse to leave the house and an opportunity to enter a social circle.

What advice or instruction do you have for the neet to move towards becoming a more productive member of society?

never get a tick right after payday

NEET here, AMA

Get a job?

My neethood was completely different, never any criminal record, STEM graduate but no job because filthy middle class white male. You're a NEET because you don't believe you can improve yourself, our brand of NEET is NEET because a feminist hiring system rejects you.

If you're the former, you can't be part of our revolution. You don't understand the anger.

dont be a neet its shit
my first year earning 80k after being neet and living off fuck all for 6 years was the best year of my life

How'd you become a NEET, I literally failed out of college twice in 2 years, kept going to summer school, now I have all A's. Thanks antidepressants!

Get a shitty store job, somewhere behind a counter scanning items or out the back stocking shelves.

Use shitty store job to save money

Over a period of 5-8 years get a deposit for a house

Use house deposit to buy two-three bed one-one and a half bath house

Rent spare rooms to random uni/college Fucks for cheap (only do to like science/English/math/comp sci/engineering kids

Pay off mortgage

At some point move on from store job to managing job using experience

Use house as an asset to buy another similar house and rent the rooms out same deal as before.

Repeat till you essential own a business and have property out the wazoo

Should take about 20 years if done at a mediocre pace

ITT: my plan for the next 20-30 years

I'm 18

shit house costs 500k
good luck with that 25k store job

>shit house costs 500k
wrong dummy

>How'd you become a NEET
I was a wageslave for several years and decided it wasn't for me. I didn't enjoy work so I just quit my job.

unless you want to live in shits ville ans go from middle class to lower class

wrong dummy, many such such cases from this ID, sad!

That's a good one. I would also encourage neets who smoke, but want to quit, to pick up used cigarette butts and smoke them instead. There is a possibility of getting seen but this is the whole point. You're still smoking but you've changed the game regarding the habit and will move to quitting much quicker.

Would you say that you spend a majority of your waking hours on the PC? If so, how do you alleviate boredom or compensate for lack of accomlishment? What I mean is, how do you maintain interest in activities you do to pass time?

This is defeatist and I'm not buying it. This is a thread for self help.

That's what I like to see. Could you please give us a basic play by play as you moved from 100% free time to full time gainful employment? Any tips or things you noticed.

1) How do you get money
2) don't you feel an urge to develop a skill and be valued by the community

happiness is found in feeling a sense of meaning

Accidentally bump into a qt girl that actually has it worse than you
I dunno, even though I'm kind of like a NEET I can't really say I have the best advice for it other than maintaining your happiness. Don't act like a victim of circumstance. Exercise, try getting to know people in your area, so Church is a pretty good option for that. Get a simple job that allows you to work at hours that fit you. Seeing he's a NEET, maybe a servo?
Just care about yourself. As for cost expenses, don't live off noodles. Eat more stimulating food like tuna, fish, nuts, etc.
I know a lot of the muh testosterone goys will say otherwise but the most important thing in a bad situation is maintaining your sanity and happiness.

I think this is a horrible idea and will require a godlike discipline on that income. Not saying it's not possible but I will say that you're quite open to unexpected expenses.

While female candidates are obviously favoured in STEM, there is not some 'feminist hiring system'. Given how few women are in STEM you must still have access to positions, but are unable to secure them due to the competitiveness of roles.

I think it is best to lower your expectations regarding work and break out of NEETdom.

>Would you say that you spend a majority of your waking hours on the PC?
Yes, but I did that even when I was working.

>If so, how do you alleviate boredom or compensate for lack of accomlishment? What I mean is, how do you maintain interest in activities you do to pass time?
Well, I don't spend my EVERY waking hour on the PC.

I spend about as much time in front of my computer as I did when I was employed. Probably less.

I keep active. i go to the gym, go for bike rides around the city etc... Keeping physically active is essential for wellbeing.

>1) How do you get money
Well I'm fortunate in that my family is reasonably well off. They bought me a place of my own and I have enough money in savings so that I'll never have to work.

>2) don't you feel an urge to develop a skill and be valued by the community
I do develop skills. I play guitar (cliche I know), I write, I occasionally help out friends and family with web design (I used to be a web dev).

Im neet but my family is rich. I live at home because there is a pool and tennis court?

I do what ever the fuck i want and have a gf.

I could move out and get a job but that would mean sacrificing my life for a shitbox flat and wage slave wages.

Somethings missing in my life..

>what do?

yeh i was never actually that bad off
actually passed find year highschool
not socially awkward
first sex at 13
did NEIS which looks good on a resume
worked as a cashier / night fill from 14-18
played team sports
gym 5 days a week from age 16 on
high baseline intelligence score well on aptitiude tests
good at public speaking and leadership stuff
dormed at uni got bored 1 year in and got employed instead

i just wanted to chill , do meth and watch anime for 5 years

There are any roles which are diversity or nothing, the others are usually senior or nothing if they actually matter. It's very feasible that there's times the job market outright won't hire white male STEM graduates.

You're doing an incredulous fallacy.

Yeah, get some skills and get a job.

I'm doing this currently but I bought at 29, feels good.

Well you keep active and have hobbies, so you're not as bad as I thought. I mean I'm well off too, but my parents would rather skin me alive then let me be a NEET

Good to know the plan works

Gl dude

Lol @ these "neets" living with their rich parents. This thread is not for you, you're essentially just lazy.
This is for the neets who've had it thrust upon them.

Nah dude you just need like a 50k deposit for the loan and find the right house

Thanks cob, just save for that deposit and don't stop working, even when you buy your first house.

> do meth
Real neets just drink and smoke weed
Whats your IQ, before and after 5 years of meth

You can get a 5% down loan as a first home buyer which is at least 10k.

It's a better idea than being a neet and even if it there's some unexpected expenses you'll have savings before you buy the house and the loan will be more than the houses value meaning you can leverage debt against the mortgage

Yeh dude first home buyers grant is going to be a lifesaver in this economy

I was forced out of home and forced to move closer to work because I lost my license due to accumulation of demerit points.

Currently earning 47.5k per year and I'm 27. I basically will never have a chance to put a deposit down on a house.

I usually tell my parents that I'm running my own business or doing some freelance work here and there. Which isn't entirely false.

I've told them unequivocally that I will never be a 9-5 wage drone.

Being a NEET is a choice. I think you're just talking about unemployedfags who can't find work.

Being a NEET means that you don't want to work.

dropped from 140 to 120 ay
the brain damage cured my depression

>implying
Any and all tax breaks, Gibs etc etc related to the housing market are the problem, supporting the market artificially instead of letting it crash is all that holds it together.

>switching some of their foodstuffs to generic brand
just don't be one of those guys that buy the cheapest, lowest quality of every food to save a few cents then blow a month's worth of food's price on some useless gadget.

Well you can pretend you're an authority on laziness all you like but ultimately the pathway you'd need to take to get from 100% spare time to full time work is much simpler than the neet who does not seek to live the lifestyle of a thief.
This is a thread for self help and that's not what you're here for. You're here to try and rationalise your retarded choices.

oats are oats mate
u can buy uncle toby for 10 dollar
or generic oat for 2

lmao

Claiming to be one of the 5% of humans with an IQ above 130
> decide to do meth and be NEET for 5 years

I smoked some really green grass when I was 15-16, I quit when I was 17 for the foreseeable future.

I've probably ruined some neural connections but Goddam if I'm not as depressed and anxious as I was

Imma neet. I dropped out of work in 2004 and went back for 6 months in 2008 and never worked again. My mom died so I got an inheritance so I might never have to work again either. Days go by really fast, it's a goodlife, except that my social interactions have become really awkward as I spend 99% of the time on my own. Other people are really dificult for me.

i dont think you realize
how good 5 years of doing meth is mate
like i could die a happy man and i am only 24

My choices aren't retarded.

I have enough money not to need to sell myself to an employer for 8 hours a day. Why would I do so?

Guys so like apparently if you blow 5 years of your fucking life on meth apparently you're like better off like legit m9 OK you & half the UK

join the national guard

I'm not talking about 2 dollars vs. 10 dollars because that's not even a decision. But I've seen young guys make the mistake of doing
>look I bought the lunch meat for .79 instead of the one for 1.69 I'm saving so much money
>buys snacks every day that cost twice as much
>buys a PS4 game for 50-70
>throws out food because too retarded to only buy what he's gonna eat
>b-but why am I broke, I always go for the cheaper lunch meat
don't be this guy

fug boipussy online for money

>not spending less on things you kind of enjoy so that you can spend on things you really enjoy

i have an near infinite pool of joy and confidence to draw from for the rest of my life. so yes.

This is brilliant advice. It is not enough for the neet to control their cost of living, they need to direct their spare money towards something that will increase their income.
The neet who lives paycheck to paycheck and has dicipline with their money could look into classifieds for second hand goods to flip. Example: Purchase a TV for $80, sell for $120.
You've not created any GDP but you have got more spare money than you did before which will move you towards generating GDP/Jobs at a faster rate.

Are you in the national guard? What opportunities can the neet find in the national guard?

You're missing his point.

Well i was forced to take amphetamines for over 10 years, and it wasnt a positive experience

once you make it a lifestyle you are a [spoiler]l[/spoiler]ee[spoiler]ch[/spoiler], not a [spoiler]n[/spoiler]ee[spoiler]t[/spoiler]

>spending less on essential things so you can spend more on non-essential things so you can waste more of your time entertaining yourself
degenerate consumer detected

there is a reason one is illegal.. because one is euphoric and one isnt

>spending less on essential things
but it's not essential that I buy wagyu as opposed to some sort of meat
it's not even essential that I buy meat, that's a slightly luxury that I choose because I don't like tofu in fucking sandwiches

You're retarded lol
Meth lowers the pleasure receptors in your brain, it definitely doesn't increase their amount

You're talking about Sudanese on welfare? They are violent. You're wrong.

yawn
i have 5 years worth of memories
its like banging a different 10/10 everyday for 5 years

do you think after you have experienced that anything else is difficult anymore? everything becomes a fucking joke mate.

Have you ever taken adderall or Ritalin?
> honest question

Pretend to have autism so you can get labelled disabled by the government and get 600 bucks a month. You can totally do whatever you want when you have that much! Plus, if you ever get the crazy idea not to be a neet, you won't be able to do anything serious because you're permanently labelled as disabled! It's great

>people actually do this here

Yes I can see that, your opinion is a good example of "a fucking joke mate"

These retards don't actually make games you know.

Postdoc USC Interactive Media & Games @USC_IMGD. Incoming Assistant Prof UCI Informatics @UCI_Informatics. Queerness & Games @QGCon lead organizer. Sea creature

Professional student.

Where are you getting 600$ from..source?

They do it here too, it's gone intergenerational so they're bringing down the hammer on them.

>23
>NEET
>never had a job
>never had a gf
>no friends
>shitpost and play video games all day
>dropped out of school and multiple TAFE courses
>rejected by the army 3 times
>only time i leave the house is at 3am to go to the gym

All i want to do is join the army but they don't want socially retarded virgin NEETs

yeh

not an argument

Don't think too harshly of yourself, the army needs to turn down fit young men to pay for all the female officer wages

this is me ,

Purely anecdotal. Good friend of mine gets this from ontario disability benefit fund.

m8 food is essential, your eating habits have a huge impact on your life. my point is a lot of people buy the cheapest possible version of everything they eat and also skip the minimum of one daily hot meal, subjecting to themselves to some terrible diet of sandwiches, instant ramen noodles, frozen pizza and cheap soda.

I've been there, done that, and found that I can save way more money by simply not buying retarded shit I don't actually need, and I can easily afford to eat well.

i passed on the first go into officer school while admitting to meth, mdma and ecstacy use

Well i did blow once, and it was indistinguishable from adderall.
Never done meth though..

>frozen pizza
>not a hot meal containing meat
it's not about saving money, it's about spending what money you do have on things you like, and spending less on things you don't appreciate as much

If I was 18 again I would've worked until 30 living for free at my moms house and just bought a fucking house and car and banked the rest while settling down with some Filipino broad and living my life as a part timer in a warehouse.

This is the true redpill. Go from being a waste of space to a real contribution to society. It feels so much better. I literally work overtime just because it's better than doing most anything other than family stuff.

There is a big difference between 18 and 25, firstly. Job market is shit, I get that. I graduated uni right in time for the financial crisis in 2007. Biggest tip I could give some young grasshopper is don't stagnate. You have at least 15 hours of time awake in each day. Spend 2 hours applying for jobs, an hour a day exercising. Not bullshit exercise, thrash it out on a mountain bike hard. That hour of exercise is the biggest investment you can make at this point, keep the brain chemistry balanced and you won't become a slob. And the 2 hours job applications, don't half-arse it. It is YOUR time you are wasting if you pissfart around surfing the web doing 10% actual jobs. Sit down and grind it out. Stay away from drugs and alcohol, that is a path you do not want to go down. The criminal record is not good, but get your foot in the door with any job you can and work from there. Don't bother with church, you have enough problems without inviting more into your life.

I shit you not, I was planning to read up on culture, history, religion, and ideologies and their origins, write up a book and some papers
then possible get some Uni to give me a "Ideologies" or "Ideologies and their Origins" subject in one of their Philosophy courses
but that'd take a couple years, and I am a horrible, sweaty spaghetti public speaker

that's something you can do right now with a computer and housing with internet if you're dedicated and can speak (lecture) publicly
you can even redpill the masses and not "hold back" any details of (factual) history, the origins of ideologies or on religion

meth has an extra mechanism of action over dex
multiplies the effect substantially

But how did you get there, that's what the focus of this thread is.

>Tfw my work cut tons of hours so at most I work 25 hours a week

I feel like a NEET honestly. This week I'm working 18 hours and I'm going to wind up working two jobs.

It's better than making nothing and doing nothing.

I'm exactly that kind of NEET at the moment. Any tips if you are still here?

he is actually fucked with a criminal record mate
he cant even do volunteer work

>frozen pizza is a real hot meal
top kek how old are you?

>it's not about saving money, it's about spending what money you do have on things you like, and spending less on things you don't appreciate as much
and what happens when you want to buy something you can't afford? suddenly it's about saving money. also, did you even read the OP?

spending $5 less a day on food means an additional $35 a week that you would not have had otherwise
it's the same reason buying your lunch is a bad idea financially

Dex is not adderall, and Ritalin is neither.
Vyvanse is the most euphoric, but anyone can take stimulants and "feel an improvement".

Yeah it isn't ideal. You have to work with what you have. Cash in hand jobs like brickies labourer and construction, they don't care if you were a serial murderer as long as you turn up and see the days works out. Been there, done that. Depends how much he wants an income.

yeh i dont memorize weak useless shit
all the same to me

You sound like you know what you're talking about with the exercise.
What makes the exercise the best investment of time?
Obviously you'll get a more attractive body over time, and you can practice pushing yourself beyond your percieved limits.
Is it that it's an avenue for serotonin and dopamine, or that pushing yourself beyond your percieved limits is a good "skill"?
Please elaborate because it sounds like you're onto something brilliant.

Yes. This is the purpose of the conundrum. Any viable advice given will not only be effective, but will apply to neets who are better off.
An example of this would be a neet with a drivers license learning a method that a neet without their license can undertake.

yeah you're "saving" $35 while ruining your body and brain chemistry, sapping your energy and productivity. I used quotation marks because you're not even saving that money because a) you're not investing it into anything worthwhile and b) you're not putting it away. the $35 you "saved" will be spent on useless consumer shit that doesn't improve your life in any way.

Me to, and all are terrible drugs witn detrimental effects
> doctors are more trustworthy then idiots who mix chemicals in a bathtub, but only slightly.

Watch out for emus fellow anglo

Yes there is a fine, albiet a little blurred, line between maintaining variety in nutrition and living beyond your means.

>op matches me to a t except for criminal record
>almost 23 and living with my parents, ha dropout, only job experience is being a custodian but damn fine experience for it
Welp, guess i should keep smoking weed until i can never recover

The welfare NEET is a superior being.
He does not slave for his money, like ordinary peasants do. His money is brought to him, and placed at his feet. A gift from peasants to their superior.

Just to add to this, in the UK you can make almost a full time income by matched betting in your spare time. You can use this income to save for a housing deposit. It's legal and the money you make comes from bookmakers that make fortunes exploiting gamblers.

Most people won't try it because they think it's gambling but there is essentially no risk to it.

Matched betting goes like this.

Place opposing bets which cancel each other out to get free bets
Hedge the free bet to guarantee profit
Use a Matched Betting service to find offers
Read the offers carefully
Do sign up offers first
Do reload offers after the sign up offers
Bet on high profile games
Find low odds matches for qualifying bets (for lower losses)
Find high odds matches for free bets (for more profit)
Place matched “mug bets” to look like a normal punter and avoid being restricted

It's really not that difficult.

I have a self-employed job now but my lifestyle is still screaming NEET. pretty chill actually.

Pays more than enough for me, but not enough that the "tax police" would actually bother coming here. I have all the time browsing the internet and vidya and steam, supporting the devs who deserve my money, have a maid to clean every week.

In the end the NEET lifestyle never left me. And I don't plan to marry myself anytime in the future. I'm more than happy everyday and there's literally nothing that I'd want to change.

You don't have to earn 5 digits or "save the white race". Find Christ in your heart and everything shall fall into place.

>custodian
You were a janitor. Don't sugar-coat it.

well yeah. my point is though that a lot of guys to the "buy absolute shit food to spare some change" route when there are better ways to save money:
- buy proper food and learn how to cook
- keep track of your spending
- don't buy shit on impulse
- before buying something expensive, ask yourself: do I actually need this? can I do without it? how is this gonna improve my life?
- DON'T SPEND FUTURE MONEY, aka don't plan your budget with money you don't have yet. this last one is very important, "fuck it imma buy this I'm supposed to get money next week/some future date anyway" is how you end up broke.

give him a society worth producing for. No one is going to engage in this slave shit