Oldest fossil ever found on Earth dating back 4.2bn years shows alien life on Mars is likely

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1dOUUWiFbk

telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/03/01/oldest-fossil-ever-found-earth-shows-alien-life-mars-likely/

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/global/video/2017/mar/01/worlds-oldest-fossils-discovered-in-canadian-rocks-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>its a lets just make up a bunch of shit episode

why are all scientists just click bait artists now

>carbon dating
>accurate

They really need to stop passing off theories as facts. I'm not even convinced the earth has a molten core. There's no proof, yet it's taught as fact In schools.

>the media sensationalizing scientific findings to get more ad revenue from dumb brainlets is somehow the fault of a scientist.

>carbon dating

the half life of carbon doesn't come close to just a billion years kiddo. If it's in quartz I'd imagine they used electron activation, maybe thermo-luminescence.

carbon isn't used for things older than 18k years typically. Heavier elements with much longer half lives get used.

Radioactive dating is your friend :^)

If a half life is longer than the existence of humanity how is it determined?

>There's no proof
what is earth's magnetism, shit even volcanos
t.eletrical engineer

>American education

AYYY

By comparing the amount of a radioactive element/isotope present to the amount of the daughter-or element/isotope that it decays to.

Unstable forms of matter will shed subatomic particles to become another element to reach stability. Uranium will actually decay into lead.

That's evidence, not proof.

The deepest hole dug into the earth was only 12 kilometers. Any deeper than that we have no idea.

Wrong, friend. We have a lot of insights into the structure of the earth thanks to seismic waves.
By studying changes in wavelength, reflections /refractions of the waves, different types of seismic waves, and most importantly what they will and won't pass through, we can learn the states of matter of different layers of the Earth!

Just because we haven't 'dug a hole' to the core of the Earth doesn't mean we can't determine what exists at the core of the Earth.

Again, that's all evidence, not proof. I'll concede it SEEMS to be as they say it is based off evidence but there could be some kind of unknown element under the earths mantle we can't detect.

Therefore there's no proof yet.

This would be huge if i trusted this.

Friend, facts are confirmed to be fact by evidence. rejecting evidence without providing reasons for said evidence to be falsehood or providing another explanation just makes you look ignorant.

Even on a mongolian backgammon forum.

Perpetuating cycle.

STOP GETTING YOUR SCIENTIFIC NEWS FROM MAINSTREAM MEDIA

READ A FUCKING SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL

RESEARCHERS THAT GO STRAIGHT TO THE MSM MEANS THAT THEY COULDN'T GET THEIR SHIT THROUGH PEER REVIEW BECAUSE IT'S FLAWED GARBAGE

You anti science moon denying flat earthers need to be gassed with the rest of them.

I honestly think most of you are shills trying to make Sup Forums int a retarded sack of potatoes.

>scientists having anything to do with journalism or media

How can you be this retarded?

>fossils
>carbon dating
pick one and stop being willfully retarded.

Science works off of evidence, math works off of proofs. There is no proof in science. Maybe you need to repeat elementary school.

They are probably shills for the big conspiracy youtube channels. It's all an ad revenue scheme. That is my hope anyway, and I am most likely wrong.

theguardian.com/global/video/2017/mar/01/worlds-oldest-fossils-discovered-in-canadian-rocks-video