>>114822987

>Sup Forums behaves in a way that only people who have never really suffered can

Funny how the author could know so much about us given our anonymity. I imagine for many of us it's the exact opposite.

We've suffered so much life itself has become a cruel joke. The only thing that makes me laugh anymore is others misery.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7oAnk
medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/10/151014084955.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This guy should run with Bernie in 2020.

Despite that, he actually made a lot of points that I can't really find myself to argue with. For example:

"Breaking down the barriers of acceptability through humour is now a deliberate tactic of the far right. PewDiePie might see his “jokes” as harmless and fun, but they mesh with agendas that are neither."

>a deliberate tactic
>tactic
Are you new here? Sup Forums has been using the same kind of dark humor loooong before it was effecting mainstream culture. We don't troll to prove some kind of political point. We do it because it's funny.

Well shouting "THIS OFFENDS ME" to shut down any argument they want is a common tactic of the far left.

I'll take the humor. As we've proven, humor is a tad more effective at turning people to our side of things.

Two men in a room, one is laughing and one is in hysterics telling the laughing man to stop laughing because his feelings are hurt

which one are you drawn to?

>posting MSM article
>not posting archive link
When will you niggers ever learn.

archive.is/7oAnk

>Breaking down the barriers of acceptability through humour is now a deliberate tactic of the far right
Mate, this tactic isn't new. Leftism has simply has reached the point where its easier make fun of.

This. We haven't became any edgier. They are just more easily offended.

No shit its called expanding the "Overton Window". Something which the Left keeps trying to shift and control with news -isms and microaggressions and no platformings and censorship. We just started fighting back on this battlefield. And we are doing it in a much more fun way

>We've suffered so much life itself has become a cruel joke.

Pretty much this. I've been through a lot of shit and I've gotten over a lot of shit and I understand that more shit will happen. Saying that we've never suffered casts a huge blanket over us and minimizes the struggles some of us might face individually.

Fuck that author. He doesn't understand lulz

>WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE FEMALES ;_;

Funny how these articles never portray us as anything other than 'weirdos and loozers xD'

Because that's really going to bring us back into normie society, fucking idiots

>Breaking down the barriers of acceptability through humour is now a deliberate tactic of the far right.
This has always been a part of humour. Telling offensive jokes lets us talk about things that we otherwise wouldn't be able to. It helps us bring forth the ridiculousness of taboo subjects and uncontested beliefs. People who say that you shouldn't joke about "X" thing are just scared because their worldview is being challenged.

Double post, but it's the hypocrisy that infuriates me, the utter lack of self-awareness, that smug, contemptuous attitude, that determination to place themselves above the 'losers' that browse this place, to paint everyone on this site (there are many females here btw) with a single brush. The motherfucking arrogance of it.

Not a shred of empathy. Most people on this board have far more of it than this normalscum.

In this episode of Leftist Empathy:
still none

medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup Forums-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.xfuv1yshw

Monbiot is a know-nothing fraud. This is the article he is interpolating and cites:

>Also like adolescent boys, Sup Forums users were deeply sensitive and guarded. They disguised their own sensitivity (namely, their fear that they would be, “forever alone”) by extreme insensitivity. The rules, like everything else, were always half in jest. Everything had to be a done with at least a twinkle of winking irony.

>This was an escape route, a way of never having to admit to your peers that you were in fact expressing something from your heart, in other words—that you were indeed vulnerable. No matter what a user did or said, he could always say it was “for the lulz” (lols).

>Sup Forums is one person

this is day one lurking shit come one guardian

You understand that attitude you're referring to is them compensating for the fact that deep down they know they are subhuman cucks with defective instincts and no self respect right?

>Is Sup Forums a clever invention from a group of fascist conspirators? No. It evolved organically among young, often jobless, often sexually frustrated men, who sought refuge in a world of their own making, and live there through almost every waking hour. As their online world of ironic self-reflection expanded, their contact with the real world shrank, until nothing was serious – except their hatred of women. Depicting their mascot Pepe the frog in a Nazi costume, giving the finger to liberals and people of colour, is just a joke. So was the rise, on their shoulders, of Milo Yiannopoulos. So was the election of Trump.

>“for the lulz” (Sup Forums’s word for laugh out loud).
do they not know what kek is

>Beran explains that Trump perfectly encapsulates the Sup Forums ethic. A loser who miraculously wins, a great spiteful prank on the world’s people, he brings its fantasy world to life.

"Sup Forums is fuckin' white"
t. George Monbiot

My favorite part:
>This is the forum in which many of the far-right’s toxic memes grew, and whose vicious pursuit, through Gamergate, of women who have dared to develop videogames rose into a new wave of misogyny.

As if gamergate was literally because Sup Forums was mad women were making video games.

This faggot got all of his sources from other articles about Sup Forums, that were also flawed.

>caring about what Sup Forums has to say.
>"discrediting" them time and time again

These people talk to us as if they are adults.

man you should see some of the pictures coming out of GDC - they are full blown marxist faggots and they are trying to sabotage the wave of indie devs that are coming to fuck them in the ass - shit like "share your ideas embarrassingly early. the idea doesnt matter, what matters is the execution. your idea isn't important, no one is going to steal it"

translation - share all your ideas before you are able to make a claim on them or monetise them! no one is going to be farming ideas from you, ideas don't even matter! what matters is being able to create the idea. And all you are good for is ideas, don't bother working on it seriously, just give us your ideas!

another was "don't spend all your time on it"
"games are political and should be political and like, we should be teaching out students that they have this power and they need to use it"

bunch of fucking propagandists

>linking the guardian
does no one pastebin anymore

op wrote the article.

No surprise there

Another quote - "end white cis gendered able bodied man as the default"

>Breaking down the barriers of acceptability through humour is now a deliberate tactic of the far right.

It's always been a deliberate tactic of every group. That's the whole fucking point of satire and always has been.

I made a thing.

more like t. modern journalism

The irony is you can't coexist in this place and remain naive for very long.

Given what we know about the media in the case of the misrepresentation of Sup Forums and Sup Forums I think we can make the jump from "incompetence" to "malice".

Over and over they claim we are nothing but sexually frustrated virginal teenage white boys who live with our parents (as if teenagers would live anywhere else). obviously they don't believe that or they wouldn't be fighting us so hard.

Why do they feel compelled to tell their followers and the world that that's who we are? We scare then, that much is certain, but why paint us as troublesome teenagers? What advantage does that give them?

>the irony of a guardianista liberal accusing others of screening themselves off from reality

Sup Forums is arguable the most diverse place you'll find, with people from all over and all walks

chan behaves in a way that only people who have never really suffered can

That made me genuinely angry when I read that.

probably what scares them, they think lying about us will stem the flow of new posters.... too bad they exist in a dying medium and it just fuels the fire

>american culture has evolved to include humour
better late than never

>Must not screen ourselves off from reality
>Islam is a religion of peace and jews have not been kicked out of every single country they have ever inhabited since the beginning of time.

Really makes you think.

>gone from incompetence to malice
Good point. The media has been calling us edgy teenagers for over 10 years now in a futile attempt to discredit a group who doesn't want credit.

The ironic thing is that by linking Sup Forums in his article the author is proving how wrong he is to his readers when they come here simultaneously discrediting him and adding to our numbers. They'd do better to ignore us, but they can't.

>I imagine for many of us it's the exact opposite.
This desu.

>mfw someone says they read the guardian

Yep, more new recruits to play with.

>by one of its former inhabitants, Dale Beran

As I was reading this, it changed from Pewdiepie to Dale Beran. wtf

This guy and his lefty journey friends call everyone slightly to the right of centre "hitler, racist, monster, anti-semitic, etc".

Yet blames Sup Forums for normalising extreme views.

You can't make this stuff up. How deluded can you get, fucking commie, child-rapist, blood drinking, Stalin-fanatic.

check'd

jeez user post the pic

Dude's a fucking retard pandering to his audience that doesn't mind his excessive thesaurus use.

Take the south park model: either everything is funny, or nothing is funny.
Everything is fair game, or nothing is fair game.
That's free speech, which is the hallmark of all freedom. Not just freedom of speech but if thought. If you are not "allowed" to make jokes about certain things, that's a form of mind control - someone else seeks to have power over how you view reality.

Humor is important for many reasons but relevant here is that it teaches us what is important to us. If I make a joke about Jesus and everyone but the priest laughs, it is revealed to both parties that Jesus is important to him. If I draw a cartoon of Mohammed and someone tries to shoot me for doing so, that tells you something about that person.
When someone DOESN'T think something is funny, or an acceptable topic for humor, you have found a way to have power over them by making them react a certain way whenever you want. We all know someone who, when teased about a certain topic, gets mad. Maybe violent. And if you can control who and when and why people get mad, and to what degree, you have mass mind control.
Pushing humor into ALL areas, ESPECIALLY ones marked as "not funny/allowed" by people in power, is a direct threat to their power over society. And vis a vis also a direct path to greater freedom for all people.

Everything is funny, or nothing is funny.
Freedom or no freedom, there isn't a middle ground here.

The number of people influenced by this type of article gets smaller every day.

any article that refers to Sup Forums as having "members" doesn't get it

and they closed the comments section on the article pretty quickly didn't they

this

this is some serious unironic cringe

>We've suffered so much life itself has become a cruel joke. The only thing that makes me laugh anymore is others misery.
>*cracks forefinger against thumb*

Nice edge there, autismo, seems like you've forgotten this is Sup Forums and not Sup Forums five years ago.

If anyone can spread information, regardless of validity, how does the voice of a journalist become any more distinct than that of an anonymous poster on the internet? They want to paint Sup Forums and Sup Forums users as necessarily adolescent so their audience can "other" Sup Forums and its numerous communities. This is the oldest meme in the book, "hackers on steroids," blowing up camping vans, etc. I thought that people realized Sup Forums doesn't necessarily cater to any one audience or exclude anyone from posting, but apparently I was wrong. The lesson to take away is that smear campaigns remove obvious truths. The obvious truth about Sup Forums is that it has no limitations really, anyone can post or make a thread. The news media is terrified of the internet and its capacity to delegitimize news as a business. It doesn't matter to these businesses, they want money and they control. If they can control the flow of information, they can control the minds of people. As long as a journalist filters their primary source of information to fit into their own rhetoric, they have the capacity to change the perception of subject at hand. This is the real reason why these news outlets will do nothing but spend the next 4 years attempting to remove credibility from Sup Forums, Sup Forums, the republican party, the United States, etc. To them, this is the last battle for their jobs.

This means the author is actually a child-rapist. Kek has spoken.

Another love letter from the Left. They can't stop writing about us lol

They are OBSESSED

This whole thing is just a rehash of what everyone has been saying for a decade now.

My point was it's incorrect to apply one label to everyone who lurks this cess pool. For example, I'm a cringe worthy, autistic, faggot and you're not.

Thanks. Now I have brain tumor. And those comments... good lord. I've come to the conclusion that leftism is a cult. If it feels good, it's true.

>STOP USING WEAPONS THAT ARE TOO EFFECTIVE AGAINST US IT'S NOT FAIR
t. the limpdick leftist parasites at the guardian

The left has spent the last two decades doing the exact same thing, with a lineup of faux-news shows dressed up as satire, with the intent of making an increasingly marxist agenda acceptable to the public. Only difference is that they have better funding and a wider audience. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

This. They don't understand that their views and their treatment of people is pushing people away from them. They're making their own enemies. It's a fucking full-on Hegelian dialectic at this point.

>It is no longer rare to meet adults who have never swum except in a swimming pool, never slept except in a building, never run a mile or climbed a mountain, never been stung by a bee or a wasp, never broken a bone or needed stitches. Without a visceral knowledge of what it is to be hurt and healed, exhausted and resolute, freezing and ecstatic, we lose our reference points.

Why do silver spooned liberals get to talk about life experience and hardship?

don't you have a monty python marsthon to be running, you cheeky cunt

And the left has comedians that disguise their propaganda with cheap jokes.

I really fail to see how someone saying, "THEY'RE MAKING FUNNIES THAT I DISAGREE WITH" is insightful.

I hate those assholes.
Always creating a way to insult people who don't agree with their liberal viewpoints

>Smart people are liberal
>Educated people are liberal

And now this shit.

Fucking hell. This fucking guy. Hurrr, I was a 4channer (but didn't really like it because I'm superior) but then I grew up.

"primarily young males who spent a lot of the time at the computer, so much so they had retreated into virtual worlds of games, T.V., and now the networks of the internet. This was where most or all of their interaction, social or otherwise took place. The real world, by contrast, above their mothers’ basements, was a place they did not succeed, perhaps a place they did not fundamentally understand."

Fuck. Off.

Yeah, my dad died when I was 8 right after getting out of prison where I hadn't seen him for like a year. My mom raised me single, thus, and I grew up as a white kid in the fucking hood, and only escaped my fate via the military. I even deployed to combat.

>Sup Forums behaves in a way that only people who have never really suffered can
lol
Living in lalaland

Because someone didn't use the pronouns they made up that morning.

Nothing to see here.
Just another faggot trying to give a (((psychological))) profile of anons instead of engaging the actual discussion.
Some of us have had very though lives. Some have had it easier. The most important part is that it is irrelevant. Briefly, not an argument.

>theguardian
Nah m8.

This is actually funny because he is actually describing the SJWs

not on my usual pc, internet is fucked, perfect storm to make me not give a fuck, thank you for posting the pic.

George can go fuck himself. We're anonymous, the elite hacking club. He better recognize.

kek

Why don't they use something like Steam to find out what the most popular profile of player is, and make that the default?

dude, the media is just a huge lolcow. the biggest one that ever was.

the funniest thing is, there were some experiments done with magnets to suppress certain higher mental faculties (problem solving, identifying threats) that resulted in atheist and pro immigration beliefs
triggers the fuck out of them. Hence a new pop science article every few months about how they are actually smarter because a web of citations that ultimately leads to opinion based on political ideology.

Someone should tell George that Nazis don't actually exist. 75 years later, they are just a meme. There is a political agenda, but he's blind to what it actually is, or how legitimate that agenda may be. The message to George: LURK MOAR FAGGOT.

same
my life is complete shit and has been for as long as i can remember

the most egregious thing the left can say is to assume their enemies believe the things they do because they haven't suffered

i doubt these cunts have suffered half as long or as harshly as i have

Why can't they just accept that games either tell a story, and therefore should be exempt from diversity quotas, like all other art forms outside of ((hollywood)), or that players should be able to choose what they want to play?

its because they are pushing a political agenda and see the games as a tool to push their ideology - innovation only existing in visuals and other bells and whistles so that is attractive and ingested by the mass market

bunch of dyed hair freaks. i hate these no talent losers, majority of them could be and will be replaced by automated systems that further enable actual creatives.

>and pondering whether Leslie Jones (the actor who was brutally bullied by Yiannopolous and his followers for the crime of being black and female in a public place) should be compared to Harambe the gorilla.
>Leslie Jones
>Actor

kek

You bastard. No bully pls

Sauce on the magnet thing?
I remember hearing about it from a based coworker but that must have been one year ago.

Because the average gamer is a white cis male

Women don't really play videogames. Even minorities don't really play them.

For whatever reason, much like literature and comics, and very unlike TV and Movies, videogames are a very white-male dominated hobby.

>internet journalists
>bitching about anyone screening themselves off from reality.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/10/151014084955.htm

Kek at the journalist trying to spin this in a good way for the cucks.
>frying people's brains leads them to my opinions
>this is great lads
If only they knew how great electric stimulus can be.

I remember people trying to frame it as a "mind hack", an "upgrade"

>suppressing brain function
>upgrade

kek

He is mostly right, but very wrong on the "people who have not suffered" part. I can assure you I've suffered tremendously, and it makes me highly aware of how pethetic most of the posts here are. What little good might shine from its odd nature, either self sabotage, or outside forces kill off.

We meme together under one flag

Y-yeah haha

;__;

The left are the ones living in a bubble of welfare, safe spaces, and coddled upbringings. The "trauma" and "suffering" they spawn is usually literal teenage angst. "woe is me, yet look at how altruistic I can be"

I dont understand how these people can be so deluded to acknowledge or accuse the majority of the user base to be kissless friendless virgin social outcasts yet then also say they have never suffered

likely the same type of cunt that was writing articles about how "we should be bullying people" because gamers didn't accept their obvious political bullshit without making a fuss

Apparently inability to assess threats or to perform a cost/benefit analysis is progress.

>At least 2 Venezuelan anons are going to starve to death in their commie shithole.
>Meanwhile some fag sipping an $8 Starbucks writes about how they have never suffered.

It would actually be pretty scary to consider how it will be eaten up by millions of impressionable retards - we're surrounded by idiots - had I not given up on mainstream plebs a decade ago

>Go outside
>Explore the world
>Break a bone
>Get offended by words

Seems like one of these isn't like the other, especially if the author is expressing not just manliness but human experience.

They probably pretend that everyone here fits their strawman of white male able bodied cis scum whatever...
Among other things they pretend not to see that a good third of the posts are made from the third world. That is, if they even bother coming here before writing about Sup Forums.

Mainstream plebs are gonna pleb, but there's pleb and pleb. I don't think most people would consider lobotomy leading to leftism as an argument for the latter.