What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/gaming/brianna-wu-is-running-for-congress-to-defend-earth-from-falling-moon-rocks/
youtube.com/watch?v=s4JW7VF7lyk
youtube.com/watch?v=2_s5Kv3hs68
youtube.com/watch?v=nr-b_07TMSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>she
It means John Flynt doesn't realize most rocks that enter Earth's atmosphere are incinerated before they hit the ground

>she

>she

Just like his knowledge on game design and genders, John Flynt doesn't know anything about the space program.

ban assault rocks

>she

She's thinking of the Rods from God concept. But she still got it wrong, since it would need to be a piece of tungsten the size of a telephone pole fired at Mach 10 to do the damage of a small nuclear bomb (not hundreds)

>she

For an extinction level event, you'd have to accelerate a massive rock, roughly 6 miles in diameter, composed primarily of iron, to speeds in excess of 25,000 MPH.

I hope you have a lot of rocket fuel.

Char the red comet

He was talking some bullshit about thinking people will fire rocks from the moon at Earth

If anyone developed kinetic weapons, they wouldnt be on a the moon, they would be satellites

heatst.com/gaming/brianna-wu-is-running-for-congress-to-defend-earth-from-falling-moon-rocks/

>she

Don't worry

I'm coming to protect us all from the rocks

Isnt this true though? Maybe not the distance from the moon, but an asteroid can obviously be far far more powerful than any weapons we currently have

get fucked rocks

What the fuck i hate space now

Rocks killed my great great half-grandpa don't take them lightly

BASED GAPPY

Why the fuck are following, therefore enpowering and enabeling retards

if you were to direct a multiple mile chunk of rock it might have different results

But what would happen if a 1000 degree moon made of lava collided with a -1000 degree moon made of ice?

youtube.com/watch?v=s4JW7VF7lyk

Mustard gas

Kinetically yeah, but the main deterrent of nukes was always the poison cloud, not so much the direct hit

>-1000 degeees
>possible

American education

Can we stop having threads about this disgusting and irrelevant piece of trash? Thanks

It would be significantly cheaper just to make hundreds of nuclear weapons.

He's right. I don't think he quite grasps just how large "large" is and how much "propellants" you would need, but it is still technically true.

That or... "She"s been watching a lot of The Expanse recently. Just take some of the existing rocks out there and throw em on a trajectory towards earth. I'm not sure why it's injecting the moon into the conversation though.

by a large rock does she mean a planet?

Who the fuck is that with them bongos?

see what Diego said Something fascinating about space is that the lowest POSSIBLE temperature is 0 kelvin (-273 celsius).

This is because heat is essentially particles moving - how can you get slower than particles coming to a complete stop?

It's fascinating because Earth has reached levels like -82 degrees.

Pluto goes to around -160.
So even though it will kill you, it doesn't even sound that terrifying.

Space would be habitable if it wasn't for all the atmospheric pressure, black holes, lack of atmospheric pressure, etc, etc.

Yeah this is basically just a more expensive version of rods from god.

Still "more powerful" isn't exactly right. What makes nuclear weapons so dangerous isn't just the impact and explosion, but rather that it makes areas unlivable for decades. An asteroid hitting somewhere is bad, but it's not as though it's going to poison the earth for years to come.

try to get a fucking huge rock into space from the moon and make hit it the earth. Nukes would be cheaper.

>she

She's been watching too much gundam

>What is terminal velocity

Real Zeon has never been tried!

The size of said "rock" (see: asteroid) would have to be so fucking huge that it'd be easier just to fire 100 nukes.

Test

Kelly Brook

Maybe it needs some nuclear-HRT

>extinction level event
you are aware that we're in the middle of the most massive and fastest moving extinction even in earths history?

humans are worse than armagedon-asteroids

we need to make it illegal for the moon to own rocks

it's 2017

This is an email I got today.

Establishment Democrats like Lynch won't fight Trump, but I will.
I am part of a new generation of progressives who have had enough. I want to make our party a truly progressive party. They've had their chance, and our political system is broken. It's time for new ideas.
I believe in single payer health care. I understand that access to higher education is a right. I understand that climate change is a huge threat to American security. I understand we need bold new ideas.
I cannot take an establishment politician like Lynch on without your help. I must grow my staff, adding a campaign manager and a communications director.
You can be part of a revolution on the left. By getting rid of Lynch, every Democrat in Washington will understand that same old same old won't cut it anymore. Please donate to our campaign today.

What particularly helps us are recurring donations, because then I know we'll have income to pay staff with. As little as $20 a month makes a huge difference.

>The Moon is a Harsh Tranvestite

>Space would be habitable if it weren't for everything that kills you there
that really rattled my almonds

He has such a tiny little fish mouth, god damn

are you an azn qt

youtube.com/watch?v=2_s5Kv3hs68

Actually, velocity counts for a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=nr-b_07TMSk

childhood faps

She looks like a fucking McPoyle

Ouch, Hans.
Be careful with all that edge.

>this thing is running for congress

This. Why the fuck would I put it on the moon just to have to escape the moons gravity to fire?

I don't think modern technology has come near that point.

chaos is here

we literally asked for this

Yeah, the damage done by that meteorite 65 million years ago sure wasn't massive nor fast moving...

We're in an extinction event, yes. But there have been quicker ones, and more thorough ones.

I hope we do what humans do best and fuck everything up though.

Brianna is not only sexy, she is also clever as fuck. Hot damn!

Flynt is adopting Trump's strategy of saying stupid shit on twitter with great efficacy I see,

NUCLEAR WEAPONS BTFO

To anyone who is curious, the dude's absolutely right.

Look up "Rods from God" for a similar idea. A large metal rod dropped from high earth orbit would deliver 10x as much force as the bomb dropped on hiroshima.

It is a legitimate concern, we have next to no methods for defense against such an attack

cast iron umbrellas.

Kinetic weapons are dangerous yes, but unless you want to tug asteroids towards earth we need to get the tungsten projectiles up there. Now that's a fucking nightmare.

We all know about kinetic weapons dude, even normies know about it thanks to COD. This isn't even trivia at this point. You're like one of those nerds that only managed Cs in high school and then went to community college.

>she

This man is one of the most retarded creatures to exist.

You guys aren't exactly right.
The radiopoison typically isn't the reason for the deployment of nuclear weapons.
If it was, you would simply build dirty bombs instead, which is much easier.

Also the radiation isn't the biggest thread by nuclear weapons.
The destruction by the thermal shock wave of modern thermo nuclear weapons is much greater than the damage by radiation, which is even tried to be minimized in this kind of weaponry.

The greatest dangers to our population by nuclear weapons are athmosphere EMP and nuclear winter, both not in any way related to radiation or fallout.

Depends on how long you're willing to wait on the projectile hitting.

You can launch a large tungsten object in space and have it use the moon a gravity sling back to earth. Takes a month or so, but it it's basically a guaranteed hit

>nuclear winter
so to fix global warming the jews are just going to start a nuclear war

great

Holy fuck at that point just manufacture 100s nukes.

What did she mean by this?

Not at all, he's just getting a lot shit for talking about them; it's a safe assumption that not a lot of people know how dangerous they can be.

But keep projecting

True, but the proposed telephone pole like rod proposed is about 1.5 cubic meters of tungsten, that's 20 tonnes for one rod.

It means he's a flamboyant lady boy faggot that's trying to be stupid but cute to get attention.

I thikk the HRT is starting to melt it's brain again.

unless extremely large, her rocks would burn up in the atmosphere for starters.

perhaps she speaks of the rocks in her head.

[spoiler]LOL[/spoiler]

Luckily, there's tons of scheelite in space.

YES FILTHY HU-MANS.
STAY IMPRISONED IN EARTH QUARANTINE
HOW DARE YOU ESCAPE
HISSSS

Since we are in the topic of stupid bullshit that will never be attempted...

Dear science people, how possible would it be to place an underground nuke (and you know like you drilled a significant depth, lowered a nuke, and then filled the hole with concrete) into the crust of the earth around the magma chamber of an active volcano, with the effect of triggering an eruption? Perhaps even for the purpose of releasing the stress of the volcano with an earlier less catastrophic premature eruption?

Now obviously something giant like Yellowstone wouldn't be feasible, because of the depths involved, but what about something like Mt. Rainier?

A rock broke my shoulder once. And a rock killed my ancestor.

True story.

>should give you pause
You mean it should really make you think?

>she

Are you trying to create some Thetans?

Am I the only one here who's read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"?

I'm just so glad he's spouting this ridiculous shit. Massachusetts already elected Fauxcahontos Warren. A trans SJW is right up their alley. But Moonrocks should be just a bit much,

She meant only really, really stupid people are into running for political office.

You guys know there's literally no evidence she's transgender, right?

yeah obviously

Orbital kinetic weapons are a meme. ICBMs are much more practical.

>Am I the only one here who's read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"?

I only read most of it and then skipped to the end.