African Sup Forumsitics

This was popular for a few days some time ago. Let's get it started again, since it was very fun while it lasted.

>South Sudan and the lure of a gleaming new capital
csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2017/0226/South-Sudan-and-the-lure-of-a-gleaming-new-capital

>As South Sudan refugee flood continues, so do tales of abuse
washingtonpost.com/world/africa/as-south-sudan-refugee-flood-continues-so-do-tales-of-abuse/2017/03/01/ddb615f2-fe6d-11e6-9b78-824ccab94435_story.html?utm_term=.9ef7ce23ad31

>Boeing expands its aerospace business in Africa
africanbusinessmagazine.com/sectors/technology/boeing-expands-aerospace-business-africa/

>Zimbabwe: Mugabe 'Won't Surrender Power to Anyone, Not Even to His Wife Grace'
allafrica.com/stories/201703010671.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-africa-39119955
qz.com/921748/china-isnt-displacing-traditional-aid-donors-in-africa/
fronteranews.com/news/africa/why-you-should-invest-in-somalia/
allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00049825.html
newsweek.com/nnamdi-kanu-biarfra-nigeria-562438
vanguardngr.com/2017/02/biafrall-actualized-without-gunshot-uwazuruike/
newsweek.com/kremlin-condemns-natos-barbaric-libya-intervention-ahead-pm-visit-562507
radiotamazuj.org/en/article/south-sudan-admits-difficulty-paying-diplomats-abroad
allafrica.com/stories/201703010280.html
thediplomat.com/2017/03/morocco-chinas-gateway-to-africa/
newsweek.com/hassan-ali-khaire-somalia-prime-minister-farmajo-561723
aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/blast-mogadishu-hours-al-shabaab-vows-attack-170227130431392.html
allafrica.com/stories/201702240588.html
awate.com/ethiopia-kills-13-rebels-near-assosa-and-the-renaissance-dam/
news24.com/Africa/News/ethiopian-schools-linked-to-turkish-cleric-are-sold-20170301
standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001231157/report-quality-of-kenyan-graduates-from-public-universities-wanting
nan.ng/news/farmajo-sworn-somalias-new-president/
nairaland.com/611102/biafra-war-chronological-order
history.com/this-day-in-history/civil-war-in-nigeria
buzznigeria.com/the-truths-you-should-know-about-biafra-and-the-biafran-war/
euronews.com/2017/02/27/pope-to-visit-south-sudan
cruxnow.com/vatican/2017/02/27/ecumenism-quest-peace-may-carry-francis-south-sudan/
bbc.com/news/world-africa-39095413
sudantribune.com/spip.php?article61767
moroccoworldnews.com/2017/03/209812/royal-visit-south-sudan-opens-wide-prospects-bilateral-cooperation-vice-president/
soschildrensvillages.ca/news/food-costs-threaten-survival-in-south-sudan-687
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emin_Pasha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emin_Pasha_Relief_Expedition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_George_Gordon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ahmad
vanguardngr.com/2017/02/sanction-cameroon-niger-chad-boko-haram-ex-senate-president-tells-un/
irinnews.org/analysis/2017/02/28/countdown-amisom-withdrawal-somalia-ready
nation.co.ke/news/KDF-makes-money-on-illicit-charcoal-exports-from-Somalia/1056-3442062-dhar8ez/
youtube.com/watch?v=K5tVbVu9Mkg
youtube.com/watch?v=oMDn4UhzD4g
youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Organisation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More links to keep the discussion going:

>Xenophobia in South Africa: 'We Nigerians are not all criminals'
bbc.com/news/world-africa-39119955

>China isn’t displacing traditional aid donors in Africa
qz.com/921748/china-isnt-displacing-traditional-aid-donors-in-africa/

>Why You Should Invest In Somalia
fronteranews.com/news/africa/why-you-should-invest-in-somalia/

>Gambia's President Cleans House
allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00049825.html

>NIGERIA: EX-CENTRAL BANK GOVERNOR CALLS FOR RELEASE OF BIAFRA SEPARATIST NNAMDI KANU
newsweek.com/nnamdi-kanu-biarfra-nigeria-562438

So what will happen to south sudan? I read somewhere a million could die!

>tfw based Yammeh got ousted by (((them)))

>Biafra’ll be actualized without gunshot — Uwazuruike
vanguardngr.com/2017/02/biafrall-actualized-without-gunshot-uwazuruike/

>KREMLIN CONDEMNS NATO’S ‘BARBARIC’ LIBYA INTERVENTION AHEAD OF PM VISIT
newsweek.com/kremlin-condemns-natos-barbaric-libya-intervention-ahead-pm-visit-562507

>South Sudan admits difficulty in paying diplomats abroad
radiotamazuj.org/en/article/south-sudan-admits-difficulty-paying-diplomats-abroad

>South Sudan: Ethiopia and South Sudan Strike Link Roads Deal
allafrica.com/stories/201703010280.html

>Morocco: China's Gateway to Africa?
thediplomat.com/2017/03/morocco-chinas-gateway-to-africa/

>

When will Mugabe finally die?

Will South Sudan become Rwanda 2.0?

Libya will be invaded again? Wtf?

And how will Trump's foreign aid removal affect african politics? More war and starvation?

Rhodesia and the old South Africa are well known to Sup Forums, but you guys should look into Biafra. They were nogs, but at least they were based and many Western volunteers aided their insurrection.

P O S T M O R E
O
S
T

M
O
R
E

South Sudan will likely go the way of all other nascent African states; it will fucked for the foreseeable future, and it will be fucked a century from now, too.

At the immediate level, though, many more people will die. Only certain areas in the country's center have reached famine status, but the war's not going to end now and more are likely to follow. More than a million could die, yes, but there's nothing we can do.

Tbh, America supported the SPLM to fuck Sudan over, but it's not really all that interested in supporting an independent South Sudan with all the aid -- economic, humanitarian, educational, military... -- that it would require because that's too much work with little or no reward. I did hear French oil companies are interested, though, so we'll have to see.

Yes, (((they))) ousted based Jammeh, but he's living pretty well in Equatorial Guinea, so there isn't all that much to lament for him personally; the Gambia was, is and will continue to be shit-tier like most of the continent.

I'll add East Africa.
>New President of Somalia appoints a former oil executive and noweigan citizen as his Prime Minister
newsweek.com/hassan-ali-khaire-somalia-prime-minister-farmajo-561723
>Major blast in Mogadishu wounding four soldiers
aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/blast-mogadishu-hours-al-shabaab-vows-attack-170227130431392.html
>Newly inaugurated President Farmaajo appeals to Saudi Arabia to stop an "unfair deal" by the UAE to build a military base in Berbera.
allafrica.com/stories/201702240588.html
>Ethiopian Military clashes with rebels and kills more then a dozen.
awate.com/ethiopia-kills-13-rebels-near-assosa-and-the-renaissance-dam/
>Schools in Ethiopia funded by the exiled Turkish Cleric Gulen have been shut down and the schools have been turned over to the Turkish Government.
news24.com/Africa/News/ethiopian-schools-linked-to-turkish-cleric-are-sold-20170301
>Heavy unemployment faces Kenyan Graduates in Kenya.
standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001231157/report-quality-of-kenyan-graduates-from-public-universities-wanting

>President Farmaajo estimates it will take 20 years to fix Somalia
nan.ng/news/farmajo-sworn-somalias-new-president/

>When will Mugabe finally die?
The fucker is obviously immortal. It doesn't really matter. After Ian Smith, the country's only chance at peace and relative prosperity was the Internal Settlement, but that went to hell.

>Will South Sudan become Rwanda 2.0?
Unlikely. It will be a slow death, not a quick affair.

>Libya will be invaded again? Wtf?
Libya was never "invaded." The West was careful to note this since there was no popular appetite for boots on the ground; it was limited to air strikes and ridiculous amounts of aids to the rebel, who showed their true (((moderate))) colors in Syria.

>And how will Trump's foreign aid removal affect african politics? More war and starvation?
Ehh... at this moment, we can't really say. Trump hasn't shown a clear line in African affairs, and I doubt he's interested or well-versed in the dark continent's affairs. More of the same, i'd bet.

Thanks.

>Schools in Ethiopia funded by the exiled Turkish Cleric Gulen have been shut down and the schools have been turned over to the Turkish Government.
This is interesting, but not surprising. Mogadishu has shown its fondness for Ankara in the past, and this is a good way to secure a bit more of that juicy aid. It also goes with Turkey's aim of being an important player in the Muslim world.

>President Farmaajo estimates it will take 20 years to fix Somalia
>20 years
lol. Heavy optimism to sound a bit less depressing in front of the media.

I've been predicting/hoping for him to croak for sometime. Every year he lives on making me look like a bitch. It is a powder keg of happenings waiting to happen. Robert Mugabe will die, triggering a bitter civil war between Grace his wife and Morgan Tsvangirai.

What will happen in Nigeria? They are fighting wars on Boko Haram, Fulani herdsman, Niger delta raiders and others, and they are putting themselves in serious debt from buying white SA mercenaries and weapons. Collapse imminent?

Some Biafra info which may be of interest to you Sup Forumsacks:

>nairaland.com/611102/biafra-war-chronological-order
>history.com/this-day-in-history/civil-war-in-nigeria
>buzznigeria.com/the-truths-you-should-know-about-biafra-and-the-biafran-war/

If he can get that oil drilling he'll have a chance but it sounds like just words right now.
Somalia has already closed Gulen's schools and it looks like Ethiopia is also bending to Turkey's demands.
I don't know how involved China is in Ethiopia but Turkey has close ties with Somalia.
Kenya seems to be licking their wounds after they attempted to grab for Somalia's maritime coastline but lost the case in the International Court.
It seems like there is a major re-alignment going on in East Africa.

Who else here still /Jammin4Jammeh/

>Morgan Tsvangirai
Tbh, I doubt he would be able to mobilize sufficient forces against Mugabe's heir. No one rose in his favor at other moments, so I doubt they'll do it afterwards.

Continue posting, please.

>What will happen in Nigeria?
I am by no means an expert on Africa; I just started this thread because I remembered the glory days under Jammeh.

That said, the economy gets shittier by the day and tensions will continue rising if Kanu is not released. No Biafra in sight, unfortunately; it's too big for a collapse to be allowed. We're not in the 60's anymore; decolonization is over.
:'(

My knowledge extends to the Middle East and East Africa.
I'm kinda clueless when it comes to other parts of Africa.

It's dead, man. Jammeh's in a very, very comfortable exile, and it's more of the same for the Gambian people.

>If he can get that oil drilling he'll have a chance but it sounds like just words right now.
1) He won't get it. No one's going to jump into Somalia at this moment. Oil companies are hardly investing in developed countries like Canada or even stable, developing countries like Nigeria. What makes you think they'd invest in an unstable, shithole like Somalia?

>Somalia has already closed Gulen's schools and it looks like Ethiopia is also bending to Turkey's demands.
Not surprising either. Ethiopia has a significant Muslim population; I don't know much about them, but the gov't wouldn't want to cause trouble and incite them.

>I don't know how involved China is in Ethiopia but Turkey has close ties with Somalia.
Yes, Turkey is very involved with Somalia; they build lots of shit there, and they're quite popular. The Chinese are very, very, very involved in Ethiopia; they've built a ton of highways there, but it'll probably bite the Ethiopians back one day.

>Kenya seems to be licking their wounds after they attempted to grab for Somalia's maritime coastline but lost the case in the International Court.
Kenya has internal issues, too. Their economy, for instance, has gone to shit; unemployment is incredibly high, and inflation isn't excellent either.

>It seems like there is a major re-alignment going on in East Africa
Go on and expand.

I understand. Tbqh, I'm more interested in Europe and the Americas, but I have an occasional urge for exotic places, if you know what I mean.

P R AI S E
R
A
I
S
E

Is an Islamic-christian separation more likely?

More pics, please. Just spam them senpai

I think separation in general is unlikely, but I do think tensions will continue rising in view of the current situation with Kanu.

I just don't see how Biafran separatists could obtain the necessary brute force (not bs humanitarian or media support) to secede. This also applies to Christians as a whole.

More on South Sudan:

>euronews.com/2017/02/27/pope-to-visit-south-sudan
>cruxnow.com/vatican/2017/02/27/ecumenism-quest-peace-may-carry-francis-south-sudan/
>bbc.com/news/world-africa-39095413
>sudantribune.com/spip.php?article61767
>moroccoworldnews.com/2017/03/209812/royal-visit-south-sudan-opens-wide-prospects-bilateral-cooperation-vice-president/
>soschildrensvillages.ca/news/food-costs-threaten-survival-in-south-sudan-687

The re-alignment has been gradually occurring over the past few months and has resulted in a weaker Kenya and a larger Chinese presence in Ethiopia and Djibouti.
The Somali elections this February also broke precedence because there wasn't a bunch of corruption like the previous elections and Farmaajo didn't win by using clan politics and instead appealed to the populace.
Somali Presidents would normally travel to Ethiopia but Farmaajo refused to do either and traveled to Saudi Arabia to ask them to lift the embargo on livestock.
What we are basically seeing is a weaker Kenya which was normally a strong western ally.
That oil drilling won't be done especially because Saudi Arabia doesn't want a competitor for it's oil and will go to massive lengths to defend it's oil monopoly.

Historical note and characters of interest:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emin_Pasha
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emin_Pasha_Relief_Expedition
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_George_Gordon
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ahmad

vanguardngr.com/2017/02/sanction-cameroon-niger-chad-boko-haram-ex-senate-president-tells-un/

I was thinking a radical Muslim separation up north from the regular Christians and Muslims in the south. When the funds run dry they won't be able to hold them off. Plus some people suspect Nigeria's neighbors are funding Boko Haram, if this is true Nigeria is fucked.

Interesting. We have a Somalia distancing itself from Ethiopia, a country with a significant Somali minority, in favor of Muslim countries, and we have a weaker Kenya that allows governments not as friendly to the West to "flourish," right?

Could this be an East African extension of the Middle Eastern trend of growing closer to the Kremlin? It's certainly an interesting phenomenon, although I'm not sure if it'll last.

You forgot the pics!!

>I was thinking a radical Muslim separation up north from the regular Christians and Muslims in the south.
I don't think so. Boko Haram might try, but it's not going to work out for them as anything more than what's going on atm.

>Plus some people suspect Nigeria's neighbors are funding Boko Haram, if this is true Nigeria is fucked.
Nigeria's neighbors are shit-tier, too; they're even shittier than Nigeria. They can't challenge Nigeria. Even if they were "funding" Boko Haram, it would by no means mean Nigeria's fucked.

don't let it die

Uninteresting continent, tbqh, senpai

>Nigeria's neighbors are shit-tier
Basically this.
Nigeria's neighbors are having major economical problems and they wouldn't be able to pull off a funding to Boko Haram.
Somalia seems to be pushing towards Turkey while at the same time increasing relations with Saudi Arabia by cutting off ties with Russia.
Ethiopia wants access to the ocean and has already begun constructing a railway to Djibouti City.
Kenya's economy is basically failing and they won't be able to project as much anymore and their allies are already pulling out of AMISOM in Somalia.
irinnews.org/analysis/2017/02/28/countdown-amisom-withdrawal-somalia-ready
AMISOM is well known for having corrupt troops.In some cases they pulled out battles while they were raging and forced the Somali National Army to take heavy losses for them.
Kenyan troops for AMISOM are already under scrutiny for burning down trees and selling them to the UAE.
nation.co.ke/news/KDF-makes-money-on-illicit-charcoal-exports-from-Somalia/1056-3442062-dhar8ez/

*I meant Iran not Russia.

absolutely not, lol. It's chaotic and poor, but it's not uninteresting at all.

I don't see the fun in a whole continent that just can't win. That's just me, though

youtube.com/watch?v=K5tVbVu9Mkg

It's the only place now adays other than the ME where wars, genocides, and other interesting things like that still happen.

Fair enough. Thanks for passing by.

>Nigeria's neighbors are having major economical problems
Exactly!! Even then, only Cameroon would be able to do anything deserving of a footnote in an unread newspaper; the rest are just too small or unstable, really.

>Somalia seems to be pushing towards Turkey while at the same time increasing relations with Saudi Arabia by cutting off ties with Iran.
Makes sense. They're "coming home" to their Sunni brothers.

>Ethiopia wants access to the ocean and has already begun constructing a railway to Djibouti City.
Also makes sense for both countries. Djibouti, which is only sustained by bases and Western militaries, is anxious to become a "poor man's Dubai," so to speak, while Ethiopia lost its coast along with Eritrea.

>Kenya's economy is basically failing and they won't be able to project as much anymore and their allies are already pulling out of AMISOM in Somalia.
For a nonexpert, this is very interesting to hear. I'll look into it a bit more. Thanks.

^
THIS

don't forget the pics you forgot to post

Wtf is this

youtube.com/watch?v=oMDn4UhzD4g

> Zimbabwe: Mugabe 'Won't Surrender Power to Anyone, Not Even to His Wife Grace'
> His Wife Grace
I am becoming increasingly sure that if Africans started to "get" ironic humor (And dubbs praise kek) a lot of problems would start to resolve themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A

MOAR

Having more ironic African shitposters would help my /rareflag/ collection for sure.

There was this former Somali pirate on here around a few month ago.
There's also an Ethiopian on Sup Forums and a Sudanese Doctor who posts on both.

any screnshots? I remember a Somali English teacher poster.

B A S E D M U G A B E

Share your best rare Mugabes

He was also a former pirate.
Ethiopia here.

Look, the CIO has discovered proxies!

Thanks. Do you have any screenshots for the pirate?

bump

What's CIO?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Organisation