Minimum wage

>minimum wage

>Set minimum wage high
>suddendly there is no more unemployment

Libertarian memes suck just like their ideology

you gotta type more than that you fucking faggot OP
this is Sup Forums not some twitter feed
fuck off and try again

I wish I had a job that had more hours. Only jobs I can get are part time, and they're almost always conflicting with each other so I can only get about 20 hours a week.

Maybe you should acquire in demand skills that actually allow you to work full time instead of bitching about it on the internet. Assuming your IQ allows for this.

I swear, modern America is an IQ sorting test, with the cream rising to the top and the shit floating to the bottom.

many keep hours low so as not to pay for insurance

>tfw make 45k/year buying and selling shit on ebay
>tfw never worked a day in my life

I believed there are minimum wages of 8.25 in some places. It's outrageous bullshit.

Oh shit, that's a good idea. Thanks.

Give me one reason why the minimum wage shouldn't be $30/hour. It would allow McDonald workers to provide for their entire family, unlike presently.

>implying McDonald's should be subsidized into a artificially viable career path.
Wew lad. I'm sure all those entry level IT workers making $25 an hour will be happy to find out that they could have made way more money not learning a skill, not going to college... all they had to do was apply for a shitty job at McDonalds and force the productive members of society to subvert the free market and demand a ridiculous wage for their mediocre services. Brilliant!

Daily reminder that anime posters should be rounded up and executed. Also was a mistake.

>pay worker $30/hour
>worker now able to feed family relatively easily

you're an idiot

minimum wage should be set to around 15 dollars, given inflation and all.

Money comes from somewhere, asshole

>being this economically illiterate
Where is your argument? All you did was repeat the same emotion-based drivel.

People who work for $9/hour minimum wage are not the same people who would be hired to $30/hour minimum wage jobs.

There labor is not worth that much. You're just going to make them unemployed.

Yeah, the owners of the businesses. The owners can take the loss.

>minimum wage
>minimum effort

There shouldn't be a minimum wage, but since there is, I agree that it should adjust for inflation. However, arbitrarily demanding $30 an hour is fundamentally absurd in more ways than one.

The people that are working at McDonalds aren't capable of being worth $30/hour. There is nothing that they can do, there is no skill that they have, that is worth $30 an hour. By working the register, they are generating $X/hour, and their pay must be less than that, otherwise the whole system falls apart because that's how math works. If you force employers to pay $30/hour, then everybody who is not capable of creating >$30/hour in worth to the company is out of a job, and they are now making $0/hour and taxing our safety net.

>The people that are working at McDonalds aren't capable of being worth $30/hour

They are worth it, and so is their family.

15 dollars would be the price adjusted for inflation

Except they can't you faggot. Owners have bills to pay and mouths to feed just like everybody else. You seem to be under the impression that every business owner in the world is as wildly successful as multi-million dollar CEOs, but that's not the case. They can't just eat losses indefinitely. Eventually they'll run out of money and have to close shop, and then everyone who worked for them will be out of a job.

>Owners have bills to pay
Yes, and they are making BANK.

>german logic

You're making an appeal to emotions and I'm making an appeal to math. One of them holds more relevance in the world.

t. my daddy went to a good school so i got in despite my mediocrity

Why not make the minimum wage $500 an hour then? Then you can work at mcdonalds and not only take care of your family, but be super rich too!

Oh yeah, it doesn't work that way.

what sort of stuff?

Ahh the wise teenaged central planner. You oh so wise are enlightened above the ape brain masses that you have some authority to use violence against people to steal from them to give to others who are more deservingTM.

Someone who gets hired at 9$/hr is hired at that because that is what their labor is worth. Setting the minimum wage higher just makes them unemployed

>Libertarians

Actually, given current events, I'd say they probably are equally relevant.

>germans actaully believe this
lmaoing at ur lyfe kid

but you already bit the bait 3 times

you didn't get sashimi'd, or seared, but full-on pan roasted

You get paid what your worth, dipshit. The only exception is if you failed to negotiate a proper salary. Both cases, the employee is at fault for not getting paid what they want.

>force McDonalds to pay their workers $30/hour
>it is now finally worth the investment to install those ordering kiosks and burger robots in all their stores
>all McDonalds workers get fired within a year

>suddenly the unemployment skyrockets because businesses cant afford to hire people

>implying

>...
>all kiosks get kicked over and broken

I can't tell you. Took me a over a year to figure out what is or isn't profitable. I lost about $1000 in my first few months figuring it out, then broke even the first year. Didn't start making 5 figures until recently.

>robot takes my order
>don't have to interact with stupid McDonald's workers

I call that a win. I can finally live my life without interacting with stupid ghetto trash.

>people get charged

No, it is dependent on order situation and demand.

>getting arrested stopped niggers
>ever

What is the underemployment rate, you imbecile? You're so fucking clueless. How about reading up on some basic economics before you spew such pablum.

Used sex toys.

>set minimum wage high
>small business can't afford to open and then close
>large businesses can afford to replace workers with robots or take the hit
>even smaller number of companies and corporations employing everyone

>tfw you actually helped make predatory capitalism even worse

>muh universal healthcare

actually why the fuck not.

Im ok with inflating the shit out of everything ill pay off my house just before the prices match and i have food enough for years. inflate it so big the fuckers who are screwing us cant tell by how much and let the fucking stop for a few years.

>suddenly Wendy's wants more machines

Really activates the almonds

I think we should have a maximum wage, and if someone want to pay someone more than that then they need to use cryptocurrencies.

good