Hatred for Bush compared with hatred for Trump

I'm 22 so my perspective might be a bit skewed, but....,

I've seen many who aren't just severe Trump haters, they're fucking autistic about it.

Many claim that they would do anything to have Bush again. Many also have this narrative that "politicians like Bush and McCain are decent people at heart, just misguided, but Trump is a horrible human being true and true."

They're the equivalent of fundies in 2009 who claimed Obama was the Antichrist. It's like a LGBT friendly businessman from Queens, NY is somehow the embodiment of pure unadulterated evil to these nuts.

I'm sure Bush had similar haters, but never on such a massive scale. I don't think the other Republican candidates would have garnered such autistic rage.

Can oldfags confirm if Bush and Reagan and other prior Presidents got the same thing? Is Trump getting a lot of manufactured autistic rage because he's the first President (aside from maybe Carter) who isn't a trumped up (no pun intended) shill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Be6tunbRcs8
youtube.com/watch?v=6bdr_2IAJWU
youtube.com/watch?v=MuZhnNR6vzc
youtube.com/watch?v=rfRF2i6bOBo
youtube.com/watch?v=gdBkWQwP9pk
youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0mSo
youtube.com/watch?v=5odPAK17hOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bush got a lot of hate, but nowhere near the scale seen with Trump.

Bush was usually just laughed off as some country bumpkin, but people didn't actively protest against him like you're seeing now.

McCain is a piece of shit. Bush isn't a terrible person, he's just incompetent.
Trump is the real deal. Stay mad.

>McCain is a piece of shit.
how?

McCain is a babykilling monster, who the fuck wants him?

Bush was legitimately a horrible president, so it was hard to distinguish those who hated him justifiably and unjustifiably.

That's what I thought.

I think "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is a truly unique thing. Cruz, Jeb, Rubio, and the rest all just had the standard type of hate reserved for generic Republicans.

Yeah. He's the "real deal." He's also America's last chance which makes me sort of disturbed he's getting this level of hate.

I wonder how Obama will be perceived in four years.

The Trump hate is far beyond Bush Derangement Syndrome, even after Bush had earned his hatred by actually fucking up.

Was having lunch with a couple of middle aged dudes the other day and everyone was stunned by the reaction we've seen.

Globalist shill. Won't work with Trump. Was talking shit to Trump even when he was the presidential candidate for the republican party.

McCain was for every single middle east conflict and keeps hounding Trump for not being enough of a war mongerer.

Hey Jordan it's pretty hard to venerate my father when all he does is smoke weed and act like a degenerate all day.

>All these underageb&

Bush got a tremendous amount of hate. He was legitimately awful, but he got some serious hate.

Bush was vilified. Im sure there were even Hitler comparisons and all of that. I mean just think of what they did to Romney and Romney was a goody-two shoe square of a cuck. The guy couldn't have been on the more straight and narrow but that didn't stop them from trying to turn him into a monster.

That being said it all got ramped up an order of magnitude for Trump it really has never been worse.

pff want to be under bush, I recall the bush era, he was the devil incarnate and the dumbest person on earth at the same time, they are doing the same to trump

I don't identify as a "conservative," and I do think Bush deserved the hate to an extent. Funnily enough, I also remember seeing a website back in '05 as a 10 year old about how he was the antichrist.

Pretty much.

It's ridiculous how the left has been praising McSame for that bullshit.

Haha, I've only been underageb& in the Bush Administration and Obama's first term.

Oh God...that reminds me. Underage users born after 9/11 are using this site right now. Some are even reading this thread.

I think they didnt protest because 9/11, gov went very (actually) authoritarian, so people shut up because they would have been branded terrorists and sent to gitmo

protestors are ballsy ow because they expect trump to be weak (no major party unconditional support)

I've had several close friends, decent, intelligent, educated and successful people, chimp the fuck out about Trump. I've gotten at least 500 texts about what a monster and racist Trump is and how he's going to ruin the country.

Liberals legitimately believe their morality and beliefs are the "right" way and everyone who disagrees is actively trying to destroy society and enslave all nonwhites.

Unironically treasured the Bush presidency. when he got on that bullhorn after 9/11 and said the terrorists were going to fucking pay it made me proud to be an American. Flew the flag at my college dorm and had a few friend sign up right after 9/11.

>Leftist at a college football game openly called for his assisination and I kicked his ass.
>Didn't even get thrown out because other people told security what he said

You could hold right wing views in college and get laid hell even have civilized dialogue with leftist chicks because after all they were Americans too. Fuck the early 2000s were basically the fifties compared to today being the 60s

That pic made me rage. I lost.

nice work, you make that today?

neck yourself faggot

>I wonder how Obama will be perceived in four years.
Same as Bush, since their policies were functionally identical aside from a bit more virtue signaling. This is assuming people stop listening to the (((media))), anyway.

SJWs/modern liberals whatever you want to call them are a product of the CIA. They're basically brainwashed into doing/hating whatever the CIA wants. The CIA absolutely fucking despises Trump because he's not their puppet like our presidents have all been for decades.

Bush never tried to take on the Deep State because he's part of it. That's the difference.

He doesn't have an army of angry entitled govt shitfucks trying to undermine everything he does.

There is a difference in the type of hate, certainly.

If you wear a MAGA hat in certain areas, it might trigger liberals into actual violence.

If you wore a Bush/Cheney hat, most people just thought you were a sad retard and left you alone.

BDS was a real thing. We used to go up to liberals at parties when they were just hanging out and just say "Booosh" then walk away, you could see their faces immediately melt down then the rest of the night they would just be arguing about politics. The main the difference was that their wasn't as much overy media hatred. Even when it got real bad after he won re-election it wasn't full pants on head retarded pravda edition that we have now. They at least pretended to be impartial in the 00s

That's from my Bumble profile. Keep working out, and you'll get similar reactions. Don't worry bro.

I was a child in the 2000s, and came of age in the Obama administration. Soon enough the 2000s will be "20 years ago." Jesus....

That's the fucking thing. I wouldn't be so concerned about your garden variety leftist prole, but intellectuals and otherwise chill people (I live in NYC) chimp the fuck out about Trump.

Hmmm.....

> Can oldfags confirm if Bush and Reagan and other prior Presidents got the same thing?

Oldfag here. Can confirm.

Bush wasn't even that bad. Cheney was the villain.

9 months after taking office 9/11 happened and the country rallied behind Bush, he got a standing ovation when addressing congress. No comparison.

>Can oldfags confirm if Bush and Reagan and other prior Presidents got the same thing?

everybody hated those cunts but it was different, the news loved them and popular entertainment hated them, now everybody hates Trump

Bush did terrible shit all around, said stupid shit but had this kind of charm to him. if 9/11 hadn't happened, the press probably would have gone after him harder

however twitter and facebook werent huge yet and also the MSM wasn't far left yet either. it was a bit left but pretended to be unbiased

google didn't own youtube

the thing is, after 9/11 Bush had tons of support so it would have been political suicide for MSM to outright go after him

they really made their move during the obama years, however, if they were intelligent, they would return to being slightly left of center and at least pretending to be neutral. their credibility would go way up.

also back in the Bush years we had Jon Stewart on the Daily Show calling out all the bullshit of the mainstream press, both CNN, MSNBC, ABC, Fox News, he would blast all dishonesty and stupidity and hypocrisy and double speak in the press. and it was fairly popular among college students, whether left or right

thats gone now and theres some talentless hack/shill trevor noah in there, disgusting I dont care about your skin color JUST HAVE TALENT.

A common phrase used with Dubya was that he's the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Most of his critics thought he was just stupid and reserved the vitriol for Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Most people's views are completely driven by the media they consume. Media went after Bush, but most of it still treated him as legitimate opposition. He wasn't a threat to the real power structure. Trump threatens to destroy the entire international order. God bless Trump.

dumb puppet was dumb

The average public grew to hate Bush. Large %'s of people who voted for him thought he was a moron, but didn't want the alternative.

Trump is hated by talking heads paid by big business and political groups. The average public doesn't mind him that much.

it's the same playbook, just heavier on the 'racist, bigot, anti-gay' stuff
it's eerie how similar it is
bannon=cheney
they are calling him a war criminal
he doesn't care about black people
and when he gives a good speech they say yeah but look what he DID
and when he does something good they say yeah but look what he SAID

just remember this next eight years as a reference and you'll know the whole game for the next republican president.

This kike ruined George Bush's legacy. He is a good man who made some mistakes.

He was a far better president than Barack Obama.

That being said, wtf is his problem coming and and speaking politics again? I thought he was gonna stfu about it and stay out of the way and not criticise future presidents? What kind of cuck shit is it to not criticize liberal Obama but come out and put your opinion out there for Trump?

>CNN
FAKE NEWS
A
K
E

N
E
W
S

forgot:
anti science
LMAO HE KEEPS LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING
#presidentsowhite

youtube.com/watch?v=6bdr_2IAJWU

Are you fucking kidding me?

The Left HATED Bush. It was under Bush that being a Republican or Conservative became a big time taboo.

Everywhere you went, there was anti-Bush rhetoric, media and even merchandise. You literally could not escape it.

Id argue it was even worse than Trump, because people back then were far more naive and ignorant when it came to the media, the establishment, liberals and the Democrats. Now many people have wisened up and are calling out the establishment Left on its bullshit. The media and the establishment are.trying so hard to bring back Bush-era lampooning against Trump, but its failing. Theres a push back now, where as back then there was none, and the Left had free reign to tarnish Bush and Republicans, ushering in 8 years of Obama.

I didnt pay much attention to bush as it was a while ago but i remember every show on tv talking shit about him.

Late night television saying he looks like a chimp every night, which he does, but you get my picture.

Guess he misses the spotlight. I do prefer him over the hack that occupies his position now though.

Yeah, there certainly are parallels. It's just so much more intense. I think part of it is the fact that a lot of the haters come from my generation, which is heavily occupied by what I think of as Buzzfeed and Tumblr liberals. The main distinction is that they are the type who essentially live alone in their dark rooms on the Internet, and they heavily influence the discourse of the left like we do on the right.

Youre fucking retarded.

There were massive protests in Chicago against Bush and.the Iraq War back in 2003, they blocked off Lake Shore Drive and everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=MuZhnNR6vzc

>true and true
If subtle troll, 10/10

Bush didn't get as much hate as he did ridicule for his sloppy speech and stonewalling at every turn by the Dems.

His staff essentially pioneered murrican dismediation, and bullshitted the public, the media, and the entire world into justifying the Iraq War and the post-9/11 rights grabbing.

His presidency was also the litmus test for neoconservativism. It failed miserably. Iraq is still a mess, and the bill we have to pay to vets will only get bigger as they attempt to cash out their medical benefits later in life. Turns out military isn't magic, nor can it build nations, two major unpinnings down.

It didn't help that Clinton's sinkhole economics came to term while he was in office. Billie's gutting of the defense contractor industry has resulted in a consolidation that creates the absurd prices we see today for gear. Go ahead and explain how military procurement costs exploded during the Bush era. Then all the shit created by the Dodd-Frank repeal nearly tanked the stock market while everything else was exploding.

Trump has plenty of time to turn out a good presidency. He just needs to stop flapping his gums at every stupid quip that comes his way.

Reminds me of the "orange skinned orangutan" bs with Trump.

I remember all that, but I would argue that it's taken a more 2010s flavor. Keep in mind that Web 2.0 and internet slacktivism wasn't nearly as big of a thing back then.

Can confirm. I hated Bush. But I hate Trump prolly 4-5x more

He was hated, but it wasn't nearly as intense as with Trump. It was more along the lines of "this guys an idiot".

The left also owned comedy in the Bush years, whereas now it's the exact opposite. They were actually funny and edgy and the Republicans were the prudes.

The biggest difference I've noticed is that Trump actively trolls, whereas Bush NEVER stood up for himself.

The left simply is not used to their own medicine and it's making their masks come off. They're working themselves up into a civil war footing and it will be their utter demise.

Bush was far better at maintaining his image but was far more evill. They literally made up a premise to invade another country so they could keep oil prices down and sell weapons.

The hate for Trump is the worst in my lifetime, and I'm old. Closest to it was Reagan. The difference was there was no 24 hour news cycle, we had 3 networks devoting 30 mins a day to news. No internet news. All they had was newspapers.

Now if you go back to Reagan's run for the nomination you can find tons of Op Eds using the same attacks word for word as they used against Trump. Dangerous, inept, b movie star, heartless you name it they threw it at Reagan too.

This.
Red evangelion is best btw.

Jesus. I completely forgot what life was like back then. I joined the Army right out of high school in 2002 but you're right, there was more of a sense of being "American".

I prefer where we are now because we're getting closer to pulling down the curtain and revealing the evil orgy behind it

>I thought he was gonna stfu about it and stay out of the way and not criticise future presidents

Because Hillary was supposed to win and due to "muh demographics" there would never be another Republican President ever.

Plus he's most definitely compromised in the pedogate scandal. He's tied to a number of human trafficking orgs that are tied to the Clintons. Plus his willingness to arm muslims to destroy Syria indicates he's either blackmailed or complicit in whatever schemes Hillary had in the works.

W was the actual devil for about 15 years, no joke. He did the right thing sometimes, maybe not pften enpugh but his greater problem was never defending himself and letting the media fuck him day and night.

We're talking about during campaigns, transition and first year dickhead

Wrong Asuka, get your shitbuild girl out of here.

Bush got a ton of hate, but time has somehow mellowed that out (a bit). It made a comeback with Trump demolishing Jeb during the primaries.

Hatred towards Trump is reaching unprecedented autistic levels.

>Bush
>Mccain
youtube.com/watch?v=rfRF2i6bOBo

Bush did get equivelent, yet less vitriolic amount of hate,

Bush just hid away like Obama for the most part. Trump actively pushes back against the jewish media and they collectively lose their shit over it.

"THEY" never needed the normies to hate bush. He made for good satire, but Bush was one of them.
Trump is the first threat in a long time to end the people who have been ruining the country. Their only job is to stir up as much rage as possible against trump.

I wonder if Trump will start a trend in political figures striking back at the opposition.

Bush and Obama liked to play if off as if they were "above the fray." I think it sort of backfired for the both of them.

The more I look back, the more I realize how Obama, Romney, McCain, Bush, Kerry, Gore....were all shills working for the same side.

Glorious.

Have you heard of Dave Rubin? I wonder how many former leftists will join the Trump camp.

>tfw

I'll take a look at it using Google News, thanks. How old are you user?

Yeah, I don't think the 'above the frey' act really works anymore.

This is part of why I sympathize with the right ar more than I do the left these days. They're the humorless fun killers now.

youtube.com/watch?v=gdBkWQwP9pk

I miss those old days. Best times of my life.

Bush hate mellowed out after the Harold and Kumar movie.

pun wuz 100% intended

Democrats have called every President since Eisenhower "literally Hitler."

oops. typo

youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0mSo
youtube.com/watch?v=5odPAK17hOI

Meaningless. It's virtue signalling. None of these people will pick up a gun or move to Canada. They are demonstrating the power of social media mind control.
Meanwhile Congress has found the slush fund Obama set up at the DOJ to funnel three billion dollars of government money to political activists.

Bush was like an annoyance. They poop in his mouth, he just laughs along with them.

To most Libshits, Trump is like their worst nightmare brought to life and they cannot comprehend that such a world existed after 8 years of paradise with Obama. He's constantly picking fights with all the celebrities figures, politicians, etc. that Libshit culture worship, since he doesn't give a shit about being politically correct. He's pretty much tearing reality apart for them.

Well youngling, you missed out on all tje bush hate. He got plenty of attention from lefty faggots. The difference is he didn't gave Soros, the deep state, and treasonous remnants of the last administration to deal with. Trump is crashing this plane with no survivors and all those slimy fucks want to stop him.

Holy shit thats not healthy to have all those clots or is that...

>People didn't actively protest bush

Oh my sweet sweet summer child

It is hilarious that people thought he was and think he is a bumpkin. Three generations of the Bush family have been Bonesmen at Yale.

>so people shut up because they would have been branded terrorists and sent to gitmo

This did not happen winter Canada.

Trump hasn't done anything to warrant the hate he's gotten. more like people don't understand how it happened, but it's so much easier to blame others instead of looking at why they lost

there was plenty of hatred against Bush, and yeah a lot of it was unjustified anti-conservative whinging that you'd expect regardless. but Bush started a major war based on misinformation so you can't say he didn't draw huge amounts of justified fire on himself either

his administration also went back on the Nuremberg verdit by having John Yoo and Jay Bybee make torture legal. the U.S. military executed Japanese soldiers after WWII because they waterboarded POWs, and now the U.S. military openly does the same. the west as a whole lost unfathomable amounts of international credibility and moral authority when that went through

I can't stand that Trump has said he supports waterboarding, but Bush opened that door.

Trump has done nothing near as bad as Bush.
truth - it was seen as beneath the dignity of the office for a president to defend himself from every criticism and insult. so lots of damage had to be passively accepted from every administration - until this one!

they can dish it out, but they can't take it

This. He was hapless.

Part of me doesn't like how Trump feels like he needs to defend himself on every point that comes up against him, but then again I see that it may be the only effective mitigation tactic against a constant media onslaught.

Fuck, Obama had it so easy.

Trump is the first social media-era president

this

The media focusing on everything stupid a Republican does and trying their hardest to make them out to be retarded

sounds so familiar

wow you probably didn't live during Bush era, after the Iraq war and knowing that Saddam didn't have nukes, almost all the world hated bush and the war led moderate american to vote against him, which was why Obama the won because he promised "CHANGE" (and false one indeed).

what about Obummer? Isn't the media saying he was the first to use twitter, facebook and jewtube to win votes?

I grew up, partly, under Bush.
I enlisted under Bush.
I supported Bush as our U.S. president.

I like Obama (didn't vote for him).
I supported Obama.
I believe Obama did an amazing job with the do-nothing Congress and the Great Recession he was handed (look how many people actually appreciate ACA) and doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I think Trump is bad for our country.
I think America has lost something great that we had even in trying times.
I feel we have made several of the worst precedents ever by Trump being inaugurated.
I have spoken to many of my friends still in the service who are uncomfortable retiring with Trump's name anywhere on their paperwork.

I truly feel Bush and Obama (and Clinton and Reagan) actually cared about America, though they had different ways of approaching the problem. I and many others don't feel that way about Trump. He, and those he surrounds himself with, terrifies many Americans, businesses, government employees, and military members. The Intelligence Community does not feel they can entrust him with vital American secrets.

There are numerous warning signs that Trump was a mistake and more people are slowly coming to that realization.

This isn't about racism, immigrants, women's rights, party ideologies, etc. It's about someone who is fundamentally broken and unfit to be President of the United States of America.

Don't compare Bush with Trump. Even with two terrible wars and all his stupid fuckups, Bush is leagues ahead of Trump when it comes to intelligence and patriotism.

It was called Bush Derangement Syndrome. Holy shit dude, people claimed he created Katrina just to fuck with blacks in New Orleans. That Bush somehow masterminded the twin tower attacks just 10 months after taking office. Everything he did was racists. The dems took Cindy Shehan and paraded her around where ever she wanted to lay down to block traffic (until Obama was elected then they threw her in prison). Code pink was on the air daily.

Just buckle up, what you have seen in the past month is just going to intensify over the next 8 years. What you are seeing is typical lib hate.

fuck bush

Ol' georgie boy looks like Jabba the hut in human form. Cold light of day is a cruel mistress to him. Must need to eat so many babies to keep his pacemaker going

its the vocal minority

Most people give 2 shits who the president is as they rarely effect daily life. You get a bunch of SJW online in a hugbox and you get a shitstorm. The delicious irony is the democrats had the election in the bag if the SJW had kept their mouths shut they would of easily won, but no they freaked out the independents with all the kill all white male speech, blocking roads, and chimp lives matter. The best part about this is they will continue to do it and scare people away from the democrat party. I cant wait for the 2018 elections and the republicans take a super majority in the house and senate.

>22
>commenting on Bush

Grow up, kid.

I lived through Bush. It was scandal after terrorist attack after scandal after war after war after scandal after financial collapse.

Nobody paid attention to the signs that Trump was crooked and retarded. The faggot cheated during a debate and had an earpiece, for fuck's sake, and people let it slide. He misspoke a lot, he said stupid words sometimes, and people let it slide. Then look what fucking happened. He was a national embarrassment.

I'm sad that America will begin World War III in my lifetime, and in the next 4 years at that, but that's the price that I have to pay for being part of the human race, which is inevitably stupid and doomed to destroy itself.

liberals are used to do nothing cuckservatives that just sit and take all the bashing and vitriol. Trump is making changes quick and fighting back. They don't know how to handle it so they have a complete meltdown.

The Media sucked Bushs cock for the entirety of his term with few exceptions.

Bush got similar but it wasn't so unhinged from reality.

He was a shit neocon. He

All that is wrong with America today is this fool's fault. He has maimed and killed more people than Kim Jong Il.

There wasn't as much paranoia and internet screed going on back then. Bush was widely disliked. He was seen as weak, and possibly stupid. Carl Rove was widely believed by many to be running the country.

However, in the wake of 9/11, Bush was seen to have "found his voice" and show real leadership. His "you're with us, or you're with the terrorists" will likely be seen as the start of the endless "War on Terror".

I didn't vote for him. Don't for a second think he was stupid though. You don't get elected president by being a dummy. He was connected and he was shrewd. I highly believe that his drawl and aura of stupidity was a Texas 'aw shucks" kind of humility that worked for him in political circles, but made him look bad in front of the press.

>It's about someone who is fundamentally broken and unfit to be President of the United States of America.

That position has been occupied by empty suits for as long as I've been alive.

You're right, in a way.

The thing is, this is the first major positive turn the USA has made in my lifetime. Trump represents a truly liberating and raw masculine leadership that this country has not seen in decades.

Considering the disastrous foreign policy and housing market crash that occurred under his presidency, its apt to talk shit about Bush and his work as President. Liberals harshly criticized him and for some major points they weren't wrong.

However its funny now that I have seen liberals talk about Bush with reverie, like they would rather have his type of republicanism back in the white house, rather than Trump. Its like they forget that Bush lied to the American public to get us in a war that caused the deaths of over a million people and got us stuck in a quagmire in the middle east, and sparked far more radical Islam groups to fight over the power vacuum created by our actions.

They would actually rather have a war criminal in office than someone who said mean things.