High school junior 17 years old here. I want to get your opinion on this...

High school junior 17 years old here. I want to get your opinion on this. I was awarded this for scoring highly on the PSAT and I'm pretty happy about it, but I have mixed feelings on the legitimacy of the award. I know it's massively beneficial to me, but the exclusivity of the award means that none of my friends would be able to attain it (I'm half Mexican and half Vietnamese, go to school in 80% white area) despite them being in just as many advanced classes as I am, and I do not believe that is "equal opportunity"

TLDR: Mexican high schooler wanting opinion on an award I received based on ethnicity

honestly just accept it, it couldn't hurt your job prospects once you finish school. I understand you may not want the extra privilege or leg-up for minority preference, but they are offering it to you not you looking to take advantage of the system. it may make a big difference when you start your career.

tldr: just take the award, couldn't hurt

AAAHAHAHAHAAH GET BANNED

>inb4 (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

You're both a spic and a gook, so that makes you a spook. Looks like you're a double nog

That's just bad luck

>underage
>not related to politics at all

Hope you get permabanned

You'd think /r/Sup Forums would list the rules as well before underage came here.

The legit missing-chromosome racists will hate you for it, but for me it's all about culture. If you're being a decent and civilized human being good on you.

I got that exact same scholarship. It was money, so I took it.
I didn't ask to be born a Mexican and I didn't ask to receive special privileges because of it, but I'm not gonna turn down cold hard cash.

>17

Let me get this straight, you're half midget chink and all you could do was top 2.5% of Beaners in your REGION?

Kys

Congrats! You qualify for affirmative action.

>Be me
>Straight White Christian Male
>Good SAT scores
>Applied to colleges I wanted and got in

My advice, scam the system for all its worth. I know this Cuban adhd kid who's a future rocket scientist and he's doing the same for scamming with affirmative action.

I beg to differ. If anything, the political environment on Sup Forums is always full of discussion about identity politics. I just wanted to know if I could contribute to the discussion

>Top 2.5% of Hispanics and Latinos
Not much of an achievement, Jose

How did you do overall? Seems a bit insulting to group you up with "Hispanics/Latinos." Are they saying you guys aren't in the same league as whites?

Alright. Yeah why wouldn't you take it? You didn't choose to be born with your ethnicity nor did you choose such a shitty affirmative action system. Don't take an honorable defeat, get any leg up you can.

Once your not an underagefag you'll understand

Basically a participation trophy. If I was some kind of minority, I'd be fucking outraged by this kind of patronizing bullshit.

I'd suggest shooting yourself, you piece of shit.

MODS
O
D
S

MODS DO YOUR JOB

>17

Global Rules

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Free gibs
Take it

I'm 2 years old.
Can I not use this site?

>top 2.5% of all hispanic students
Congrats on your 95 IQ

MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Fuck it. Life is harsh. Grab whatever advantages the system is willing to give up. I mean, it's probably a bogus award, BUT it's the kind of thing that looks good on a college application or resume. So go for it.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

JUST DO IT

Take it and infiltrate their power structure, then burn that mutherfucker to the ground.

Ban this faggot

Ban toddler boy too Way too young for Sup Forums.

WHAT IS YOUR SCORE
>tfw top 2.5 percent of whites is all 1600's

durr hurr mods am i cool yet?

Its good for you trust me. I had a beaner friend who was offered a place at Yale early on for her psat score.

>inb4 jews

>17 years old here

Use the things of the Devil for good. Take the award. Money is money. Maintain and build your own moral standing, though.

I got 1550, didn't study bc I had other shit to do. My friend who studied almost earned a perfect score.

Underage B&

Take advantage of it you dumb fuck and stop worrying about shit you can't change.

You stupid meatball you're gonna get banned forever for this

You think a toddler with perfect grammar doesn't know how to change his IP???

HA!

>I'm half Mexican and half Vietnamese
How does that happen?

DO IT

I got some stupid high score on the PSAT (and then a 2340 SAT), which made me a national merit finalist, and BOOM, instant full ride to a fuckton of universities. The scholarships stacked up so much I was getting paid $3k at the start of every semester in addition to having tuition covered.

Go full fucking ham on anything like that, milk it for everything my burrito loving friend

Great job, I am proud of you, but you must be at least 18 to post here.

Also: MODS

BAN HIM YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS FAGGOTS

I'm disabled

I get into the trap of "oh no, I didn't deserve this :(" all the time because people throw gibs at me.

If you feel bad that people are giving you too much, do some fucking volunteer and charity work. Don't shoot your own prospects in the foot out of some misguided sense of guilt.

If you cripple yourself, and then succeed, and don't get an education and job whereas others do, are you going to be happy because of the great morality of what you just did? No, you're fucking not, trust me, don't try to do moral goods by crippling yourself, it sounds good on paper but you will regret it. If you don't take advantage of this, somebody with different moral convictions than yourself will take your place, and the world will be no better, but you will have crippled yourself in the process.

If you're grateful to the opportunities you're being given, pay it forward. Don't find excuses to turn down opportunities.

go for it, i regret not using my heritage to get into a better college/program/job

also enjoy your b&

these

People are misunderstanding the point of this thread. I'm gonna take it, I just don't think exclusive awards like this are beneficial to our society. I want to know your opinion

This
Don't think your being honorable or whatever you think it might seem like in front of your peers for turning this down.

no one cares, cant put any of that hs bullshit on a resume

lets see how smart you are with the big dogs in college

I regret not pulling an Elizabeth Warren.

Just gotta feel like a Native American and be myself

maybe it just means you are smarter than the other non whites

>top 2.5% beaners

lel. That's like winning a dollar at a game of Go Fish. Get that shit out of here. Sage.

Take every advantage you can, op. Go after it and make the most of your life.

Also
>17 year old
MOOOOOOOOODDDSSSSSSSSSS