Red Pill me On Modern Architecture

What is this cancer? How can we stop it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually like it desu

reported

The fuck? It looks like they built a spaceport on top of a shitty old hotel.

it's like the louvre is birthing parliament

>redpill me on x
We are being spammed because congress found the three billion dollar slush fund set up by Obama's DOJ for activist groups.

They call this style 'parisitisim', the Jews fucking love it.

we must stop it

>how do you want your museum?
>JUST

we got this gem in Ontario

lmao looks like some shit a Belgian would think looks good

it is destroying my culture

oh fuck, the necromongers are invading

Jews splooge everywhere when they see these 'buildings with cancer/parisites'.

daniel libeskind
jewish musuem

Why are they so great?

a spaceship taking a shit on a building

my sides

>JUST

Looks like something you'd see on a Borg cube.

That looks like the architect forgot to blow on the cartridge.

i dont even mind brutalist looking stuff but the zigzag is over the line

Parisites
Giant ticks, fleas, leaches ect...
The kikes get off on these pozzed buildings.

>MFW my city is shitting out leagues of Tyvek wrapped shitboxes

I kinda like this one... I just don't think modern/historical should mix is all...

holy shit that is fucking awful

That building needs to see the architectural equivalent of an oncologist.

go to 6:10, and you will understand

youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c

I'll tell you what's wrong with the modern architecture... right after you let me know:
What is artistic about the "modern paintings"? And why (((people))) pay tens of millions of dollars for this wast of canvases?

Jews have no creativity. Jews have money. Jews are nepotistic. Morty Shekelstein wants to be an architect, so he is the first pick for Chaim Ovensberg's building loan.

WE WUZ WALKERS AND SHIIETTT

This one is pretty cool, TWA terminal at JFK airport.
I watched some documentary on PBS about the architect who designed it. interesting guy, Eero Saarinen

WE WUZ WALKERS AND SHIIETTT!

what? that's really cool. I'm pretty sure that's what we've been striving for aesthetically for the last century or so, pleb.

The interior

This monstrosity is at my city's airport :( it's actually quite nice inside but it looks Africa-tier from the outside

literally looks like a pile of shit
i want to see the interior

Its a fucking nightmare and I hate it. This shit literally triggers me to the point of no return because I can only imagine the poor engineer that had to design the interior systems for a building that some faggot snowflake nigger architect thought would be cute. Fuck modern architecture and fuck architects all to death.

Im fine with isolated super modern architecture, or is an area is already modernized entirely. I don't like when they build onto older structures in a manner that looks like the building is glitching out and its Nvidia GPU just overheated.

That looks like Mecha Godzilla took a big dump.

>tfw post-modernism turns even architecture into mental retardation

oh, neat!
yeah that does look nice

Cool. A bit too much white though. Could have used some greys or blues.

Who is behind this?

Who do you think could be behind this?

Guess we'll never know.

These would look okay...you know if they weren't just haphazardly plopped ontop of historical buildings.

Is the McMidgar?

Seems odd that in a corporate world where money is everything, they make buildings that literally hinder performance

Airports are one thing I think should get a pass, as long as it's that kind of futuristic style. Airplanes are one of the great technological innovations of the last century, so making one that looks like a medieval castle doesn't make any sense at all. Something that performs a 20th or 21st century function should have a 20th or 21st century form.

FERTILIZER TRUCK BOMB.

What I find REALLY ugly are those new trendy mid-size apartment buildings that seem to be popping up in cities and larger suburbs across the US. They're mostly made for upper-middle class people and hipsters. Some are built for poorer people and middle class people, and those tend to be a little less gaudy and out-of-place.

It's a distinct architectural style, but I don't think it has a name yet. They started building them in the 2000s.

Anybody know what they're actually called?

They typically look like this:
>4-6 stories
>big windows
>cheap vinyl siding and/or stucco
>loud, contrasting colors
>some of the more expensive ones will have weird, pointless shapes added to make it look "funky" and "modern"

I don't get it. It seems like every new apartment building is built in this style. It is not tasteful or aesthetically pleasing at all. They're like a cross between a 1990s McMansion, a 1980s Florida beach house and a Soviet commieblock.

you mean like this?

But its so beautiful

I need to see the base where it connects to the ground to know if I like this or not.

The worst part is that the people there are two different styles of architecture there and both would look very good in the company of similarly designed buildings, but when forced together like that, their designs mutually detract from each other.

Kinda like racemixing desu senpai

Does anyone have Hitler's ol' architectural plans?

Those buildings literally look like they have giant tumors growing out of them.

link?

>how can we stop it
>muh STEM
pick one

This is fine

I hate the big swoopy thing they do everywhere

cancer

Yes. Well, sort of. That's one of the nicer ones.

With the exception of the 1950s truck stop roof, that one is actually not too bad looking and it blends in well with the area. Plus the colors don't make your eyes hurt.

Dude you're describing an everyday commieblock. Here in Barcelona there's over six gorillion of those. How fucked in the head are you burgers that you think this is upper middle class housing? Around here wealthy folks either live in faggy burbs or luxury flats in the good parts of town, usually either very old buildings or modern, large apartment blocks with large balconies and surrounded by greenery and swimming pools and sheit. Burgerland seems like oppositeworld.

Pic related, lower middle class commieblocks.

heeeeyo

why thank you for noticing

Only actual Modern building in thread.

I used to work here. Took me the longest time to realize the buildings were supposed to resemble hard-disks / databases.

Califag reporting in. There is a method to this madness. They're inexpensive to make, have fantastic profit margin, and the land was all bought beforehand.

These sorts of properties are really only now starting to appear because a lot of property owners went chapter 11 during the '08 recession, and had to drop their formerly pricey real estate for bargain-bin prices. These pieces were picked up by enterprising developers, who have held onto them for the last 8 years (b/c white people weren't putting money into the real estate market since the crash, but it's noticeably picked up since the election). Now the owners figure there will be buyers for their land, so they'll build apartments quick and cheap.

A lot of Millennials are too debt-saturated to afford buying a house, but can easily afford a nice apartment, so they're the target audience here. The builders go for the trendy, hipster look, and in a few years, they'll tone it down and make it a little more austere. The prices will remain high to keep away niggers and poor people.

They're really popular in Huntington Beach and Anaheim (especially around Disney) because the owners can purchase old, decrepit properties, raze them, then build up these tight-built apartments. They typically have 400-500 apartments per block, with about 700-900 sq. ft. per unit. These developments are also self-contained; everything you want (supermarket, clothing store, hairdresser, medical center) are two floors down. You are still free to go to other places, but in theory you could live and die quite comfortably in one of these developments.

From a security standpoint, it's also ideal. You need keycards to open the gates, use the elevator, so it limits the upwards mobility of any trespassers. For the police, it's really simple to patrol, just drive around the exterior of the building, if you see anyone loitering, they don't belong there, arrest them.

No, this is what I said:
>They're like a cross between a 1990s McMansion, a 1980s Florida beach house and a Soviet commieblock

Pic-related. It's basically a smaller version of what I'm talking about.

just about to say this:
cancerous

wow... that is just... tasteless.

Ew I hate that shit

This is a much better and more uniform design.

ok im done. Seriously tho kid get bent with you make believe on line larping military fantasy you have. Since I don't play those video games I don't have a "rank". And you and I both know that is the only sort of rank you will ever have. Now go look in the mirror and cry like a baby because you will never experience what military life is actually like. Too fat? That's my guess, probably turned down for psychological issues. Or is it that you never actually really even tried to join?
Too afraid maybe, afraid that you would be rejected?
Oh I know! You like EMUs too much? Think they didnu do huh? Can't have that in the queens penal army now can we? No good to your forces if all you do is present your backside every time one of your feathered overlords comes by now can we. Watching Anime and fingering vegimite droppings out of your belly button while at the same time googling stuff about militaries is impressive in its own right, I will give you that. But being a weeb "officer" on an Emu castration and discussion forum does have its rewards too don't they. Especially an "officer" that is so well versed in Japanese cartoon girl characters... Boy I sure would be just thrilled to follow such a person out the door of a C-130 and count to 4. Just thrilled. So thrilled in fact I may give him a few of my rounds as a way to say thank you for being such a mature respectable ( and tottaly believable and way not a larping weeb faggot) knowledgeable fellow.

stupid high leaf, forgot reaction image

Hey man, I think you replied to the wrong comment.

My earlier comment was about cheap real estate development between the '08 recession and today in SoCal.

>lmao everything is subjective even art and beauty
>don't worry about it goy

heeeeey mannnnnn

The vortex rikers crashed on a building. what more do you need to know?

forgot pic

This library is currently being built in Helsinki. It's quite cool imo.

Grasshopper raping building

underrated post.
Fulton Sheen explains it perfectly.
I could say it as an expression of the jewish soul.

As much of a gaudy eyesore as this style is, there is also something incredibly bland and corporate about it. Maybe because the developers don't respect regional architectural styles at all, so they look exactly the same across the country.

I find the look incredibly depressing.

Also:
>For the police, it's really simple to patrol

Something about this is even being a factor in the design just seems so wrong.

Those weird metal bars completely ruin what would otherwise be a nice building.

I fucking hate how they shop people into these architectural concept pictures. Idk what it is but it makes me irrationally mad.