>Europeans and Asians shit on English for being the easiest language to learn

>Europeans and Asians complain that English is the international language

Explain yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IIo-17SIkws
ithkuil.net
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm wondering why everyone in my country says Spanish is so difficult for foreigners.

They just don't want to sound dumb.

Le Lingua Franca aurait du rester le Francais desu.

It's really not. I haven't taken Spanish since middle school and I can at least understand it. Maybe not speak it, but once you realize that all Latin based languages share many common traits you can just about read any European language.

the rolling R is a grave impossibility for many native Anglophones

Spanish isn't exactly an easy language...

never seen this, does it actually happen?

also in my experience very, very few people are actually good at english i.e. can go a single sentence without making an error. this board's posters are better than most. stray over to youtube or faceberg or other normie sites and you'll see what i mean. shit, even other boards on 4chums have people posting in garbled english. i guess they're embarassed to do it when you can see their flag or something. personally i find you coming here without being fluent offensive. it drags down the level of the whole discussion regardless of topic. these people should fuck off.

>shit on English for being the easiest language to learn

maybe retards do that

french, spanish, etc. are vastly easier to learn than english

>I learned American (fukk Engcuck) and that's all I need.

Bow down Eurocucks

>pic
kek

How can you native english speakers even understand really thick accents like Pajeet accent??

I guess that what makes it international.

> English is easy to learn

Then why can't Europeans master prepositions or Asians pronounces "Rs?"

I'd say it's genders. Going from a gendered language>non-gendered is like running to walking.
Spending 20+ years in a non gendered language and trying to comprehend genders is pretty intimidating.

To be frank, there's a cultural aspects that most Americans are indoctrinated in. An average USA citizen can drive travel 500 miles from their birthplace and still speak the same language. That's unique in the world, apart from Siberia and parts of the Gobi

In comparison to what? Baby sounds?

Really? I speak it fluently and thought it was a breeze to learn
Relatively speaking it's extremely easy to learn for most English speakers. Probably one of the easiest non-English languages to learn IMO.
It's actually very easy to learn how to pronounce, the English odd semivocalic R is way harder to learn how to pronounce.

Because the trilling Rs aren't part of most asian phonology.

They can, a lot of Europeans on Sup Forums write English fucking flawlessly.
Genders are literally nothing, you don't attach much significance to them, it's just learning what each object is arbitrarily gendered as, it doesn't affect the langauge in any major way, just imagine English if there were two words for the and a and some more minor changes.

Nah non-native spanish speakers sound really fucking weird. People may understand you but it sounds so fucking unnatural and with weird phrases construction. Whereas english after years of training on an English country you may end up sounding like the natives for some cases, Spanish this never happens.

What are you trying to imply.

> Asians can't pronounce "R's"
The English R is notoriously difficult to learn how to pronounce. Chinese people can actually pronounce the English R fine, but they're in the minority. Besides pronunciation is an extremely small part of a language, considering you can just learn to make a sound similar to a lot of the sounds anyway, if they can't produce an exact r they can roll one like in Spanish, tap one like in Japanese/Korean, do a deep one like in French/German, etc. Most people can't pronounce th sounds and yet you can understand their speech just fine.

>imblying
I'm asking what you are comparing Spanish to?

But one of the strengths of English is that you can fuck it up quite bad but still be pretty understandable (barring strong accents)

Don't know, Esperanto? I really depends on your native language and the language you plan to learn.

>a lot of Europeans on Sup Forums write English fucking flawlessly
>can't spot Google Translate users

I'm asking what language YOU are comparing Spanish with not what some random people who would say such thing would compare it to.

Fuuuuck that's a good point. Does the shithead Serbian shitposter use Google translate?

Wouldn`t you know all about that eh cunt? haha!
Probably to what mejicans call "Spanyol"

> Europeans write using complicated sentence structures, make useful idioms, metaphors, and analogies, write long sentences using constructions which are still readable even as run-ons and not a jumbled mess
> Google Translate can do any of this
Spanish has a ton, possibly the most shared vocabulary with English of any major language, the spelling is almost universally phonetic, the pronunciation is simple and easy, and the inflections and rules are pretty consistent. It's probably even easier to learn than German or any Scandinavian language even though English is from the same language family as those.

I think English is an easy language to learn but a hard one to master just because of the sheer amount of words and slang and also because of words like where,we're,were.

>learning Portuguese for 8 months
>can have full conversations with people through text
>can read newspapers with no minimal problems
>can't understand anything because they speak too fast

Why do latinos speak so fucking fast. I don't understand

i honestly don't know if that's the case or if people have just gotten so used to hearing it spoken with various accents and errors and that's why they understand it.

i don't know, personally i hate reading some discussion or argument and in the middle of it some retard that sounds like an excited 9 year old joins in and forces others to dumb down their dialogue to refute his points or ask him to clarify.

>words like where,we're,were
i think it's just native speakers who have a problem with those most of the time.

It's because you aren't used to speaking it. Watch HolaSoyGerman (Spanish so similar but not the same) and try keeping up and having conversations with people and you'll catch up pretty quickly. Also written language isn't really language, language is pretty much based on what is spoken, and that's a lot harder to learn.

The issue with Rosetta/babelfish/Duolingo in a nutshell

To me English sounded like a joke, no distinction between a dubbed video game and normal speech. Then I learned that`s just how it sounds.

I am assuming that you meant to write that "Google can't do any of this."

>idioms
Just don't use idioms

>complicated sentence structures
You are really giving foreign shitposters a lot of credit.

>Spanish has a ton, possibly the most shared vocabulary with English of any major language
This is true I guess it helps a ton. What kind spanish lingo do they try to teach at Murrica? Mexican? They try to keep it neutral?

Some told me that some cucked teachers have stopped teaching "negro" as a way to call black people because they think it's racist (it's not when talking to another spanish speaking person). They are using "moreno" and "prieto" I found that fucking hilarious because, moreno is for mixed people, and "prieto" can be really fucking offensive in some countries (thug).

You aren't used to speaking / hearing it enough. You may want to try listening to TV series in Portuguese.

english is like skiing. easy as fuck to learn on a basic level if you just need to communicate but extremely difficult to master

There are foreign people here who actually write well and write insightful things instead of just shitposting 24/7, albeit they're the minority.

I'm trying to talk to people online through different language apps, but its still insane. I try to listen to some sentences from Brazilians and they say 10 words in a matter of 2 seconds.

Spanish isn't as bad to me as Portuguese in terms of being able to differentiate different sounds. The speed and carelessness they have with with their speech blows my mind, I have no idea how you fuckers understand each other

>Whereas english after years of training on an English country you may end up sounding like the natives for some cases

You never sound like the natives unless you're Jose Diaz-Balart

Wouldn`t know about that since I learned it as I grew up, English clases were free time basically (and a bad joke...)

Watch tv shows and movies in Portuguese, even if it means that they're dubbed from English, and keep the subtitles on.

Spanish isn't too difficult. I lived and worked in Spain for four years.
I picked it up as I had to. I still fuck up the verbs, though. The tenses are more complicated than English.
Also the dialects in Spain are confusing.

I concede that point.

> What kind spanish lingo do they try to teach at Murrica?
You don't really learn deeply enough without speaking with natives of a place to develop a particular dialect, there were some Mexicans in my area so there was probably some influence there, we learned some Mexican slang like the word for weed/cigarettes. Also we didn't learn Galician/Castilian because we weren't taught to pronounce c/s and z any differently, whereas in Spain they pronounce c and s like normal s whereas z is pronounced like th.

Our style of Spanish is fast too, resembles Italian but not as fast. Spanish from spain seems a good alternative compared to the disgusting Spanyol mexican teachers teach (so I`ve heard)

Some get pretty close though. But just never do, indians are the worst for example, 30 years living in the US and they still sound like Pajeets. Russians lose a bit of the accent. Germans really end up sounding pretty close to natives, some hispanics do, some don't.

>i think it's just native speakers who have a problem with those most of the time.
Yes true but i think most people know the difference but just cant be arsed using them correctly.

I see. Is it that much of a difference?

But some*

Mexican's spanish sounds like they are tired all the time.

This, I also recommend finding an online stream of Portuguese radio specifically talk shows. I did this with French some and it helped a lot with listening comprehension.

Two bad semesters of Spanish in uni was a good basis to learn the moon speak. It's easier to conjugate, only 2 irregular verbs plus the ten keigo verbs that have a different pattern.

I can't pronounce it, the best I could do was basically a Japanese R long before I encountered that language.

Then there are the stories of women from Latin America who go to Japan and try to learn the language and end up sounding like tough street punks from their Rs.

Spain`s Spanish and mexican Spanish? yes
Yep they sound like lazy assholes.

Try Anglish you'll be surprised how easy it will be to understand it.
youtu.be/IIo-17SIkws

>Europeans and Asians shit on English for being the easiest language to learn
Says who?
Frenchies and Germans, sure

>english easy

looking at it from outside the box, it's hard as fuck and retarded

I'm an adhererant to the concept of immersion. I'll admit I was a middling student. I took three years of German in middle school. During which, I took part in a three week exchange program into Germany.
I learned more German in the three weeks there, than I learned in three years of education

Middle school=high school

No, it doesn't have ridiculous cases, genders, is relatively uninflected, pronunciation is simple even if spelling isn't and it has a lot of other features which make it pretty simple to pick up. Afrikaans is probably the only easier Germanic language to learn.

Nah dude it's fucking ez, other languages have a lot of requirements as to how things are conjugated and tense, and all that and sentences fall apart if you do it wrong take this sentence in english.

"Me love he long time." Any English speaker can get the gist of this sentence despite it being incorrect in every way. So sure, maybe we could consider it easy to learn hard to master, but you can reach a competent level pretty easily.

Japs probably think English is hard and retarded, so no matter what language you try to learn you always need to be prepared for moments like this, to just accept it and move on with the learning process.

Sorry meant for

I have studied Spanish for almost a decade and Mexican Spanish is one of the easiest dialects to understand.

European Spanish is quite diverse in pronunciation. Spanish from Madrid is very easy to understand but lots of rural areas can be quite tough.

>Mexican Spanish is one of the easiest dialects to understand.
Yeah no shit when Mexico is right next to you

You should try chilean "spanish"

Dat is a mighty bulge mon

Ay no deus mio, why would you summon Chile Bob.

Those hips have got to be shopped.

you can see the counter behind her warping indeed

I don`t see it, you can tell by the pixels or something?

But the bulge lads

PUFFY VULVA CUNT!

BIG, MEATY VAGINA
ARBY'S ROAST BEEF DELUXE

>googling
stand by for results

K. Keep me posted.

Did somebody take intro to language hmmm?

posting

puffy

What are you talking about? I can speak Spanish and have talked to quite a few non-native English speakers about English and what it's like to learn how to speak and pronounce.

Looks like Party Slug`s mouth sideways

What was this thread about again? くそ ah дa languages.

E S P E R A N T O

lost it

Funny

Everybody knows that Ithkuil is superior to Esperanto.

Is that the Predators language?

lmao no it's a pet project this amateur linguist developed over the course of 30 years or so. It's actually extremely fascinating.

ithkuil.net
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil

I see, kek.

So is your TH - one of the most difficult sounds in the world.

esperanto is made to be easy to learn
ithkuil is made so that aliens have a way to thoroughly describe how pathetic we are in a language humans are technically capable of pronouncing

how is blowing air between your tongue and upper teeth harder than learning the secret spanish blowjob technique

Lojban is way easier to learn than Esperanto.

why do you say that?
it strikes me as a language with so many rules to prevent vagueness you end up talking like a guy at a conference instead of a guy talking to your friend
also way fewer cognitives as far as I can tell

It's rules are perfectly consistent with no exceptions, its grammar is extremely easy to understand and based on simple repeatable predicate logic, it's spelling is perfectly phonetic. The only difficult thing is potentially the pronunciation. It's by far the easiest langauge to learn.

but what makes it easy-er?
consistency for artificial shit is pretty much mandatory, but just because the grammar is consistent doesn't mean it's easy to learn
like are the vocab roots more consistent or something?
it really doesn't seem very easy to learn at all

Just try to learn it, it's extremely intuitive, you just need to memorize the grammatical structure and the word roots. It's basically like learning a programming language.

yeah I know some programming languages, I just want to what makes it "by far the easiest" because consistency alone is simply not uncommon at all in artificial languages, and aspie-ranto especially is made to be some basic shit

want to know what*

>he does not speak at least 4 languages

if this is you, you should end yourself

lel