World war 1

France and England need to admit that they did nothing but fuck Europe and ruin the middle East at the end of WW1.

Also world war one photos and art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFMT_BVBBsA&index=3&list=PLIJumiHv10VhoiQHAahw2E9ErgZ-jc0tC
legallegacy.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/december-11-1899-germany-will-be-either-the-hammer-or-the-anvil/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_the_Piave_River
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravished_Armenia_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_Crisis#Content_of_the_Austro-Hungarian_ultimatum_to_Serbia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

citation needed.

>pot calling the kettle nigger

Sykes-Pico and Versailles

Starting a war with the Entente was literally Germany foreign policy, they pressured Austria-Hungary to exploit the death of Franz Ferdinand accordingly.

>need to admit
Fuck off. Germany armed their navy to rival ours and they wanted a larger colonial Empire. Conflict was inevitable.

Germans started it. Like every war

Literally drew a diagnol line across the middle east ignoring all communites in the area, france basically begged the uk amd russia to gang up on germany because of the franco-prussian war and the frogs getting their asses kicked

youtube.com/watch?v=YFMT_BVBBsA&index=3&list=PLIJumiHv10VhoiQHAahw2E9ErgZ-jc0tC

really good series. Dense but entertaining telling fo the events leading up to and during the Great War. It's got me thinking that we've forgotten what a pivotal moment it was in European history.

Everything Changed.

The numbers are simply staggering. 30,000 French died in one day. 8,000 British on one day, comaparable Germans and Russians. All those lost fathers and more, lost children of the Men of Europe. Fucking heart breaking.

It isn't the niggers and the pakis that gave us modern Europe, it was Europeans.

Ostruda in Poland, formally German territory and you can feel it.

The uk and france owned the whole world basically and youre crying about a country formed in the late 19th century colonizing like 2 countries in africa and some asain islands? Uk should have let france get its ass beat by germany

This, they alredy paĆ­d WW1, now they should pay WW2.

Empires can trade. You literally have no argument with an imperial rival unless they start shooting apart your colonies and cutting your trade routes.

Countries that budded off from Glorious Great Britain are all knee-jerk instinctually Anglo-Kike loyalists, even 54% USA -- we'll destroy the Earth before letting anyone else claim it.

I'm just a sub 130 IQ idiot fuckface though, I don't know.

I

War was inevitable, how it came about was immaterial.

legallegacy.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/december-11-1899-germany-will-be-either-the-hammer-or-the-anvil/

War is always inevitable

We owned 25% of the Earths surface. All of it should have been painted British red and French blue.
>should have let france get its ass beat
Sure, and that would have upset the balance of power in Europe. Germany's formation upset the balance itself. Would have been even worse had we not intervened. Britain sided with the weak against the strong on mainland Europe because it kept the balance of power and kept Britain safe.

Maybe modrow Wilson should have shut up and let europe cherriepick germany

no

t. country that never had an Empire

There's such a thing as a balance of power. Britain always sought to keep that off balance in our favor, the Germans were aspiring to tip the balance in their own favor.

How it came about does matter. It became inevitable when the krauts dismantled the web of alliances that created a balance of power.

See The balance of power kept us safe. That's all there is to it.

>You literally have no argument with an imperial rival unless they start shooting apart your colonies and cutting your trade routes.
"Now excuse me while I take the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation and engage in a series of brutal proxy wars to prove my star-spangled dick is bigger than the USSR's."

The balance of power was already messed up. Germanys industrial power and population made the uk and france afraid and made a deal with russia surrounding germany. You dunces would rather have russia than germany.

>We're the gud goys you can't trust the kraut to be gud therefore We should keep all the power in this balance.

Ottoman Empire is to blame. If they had not lost control of the Balkans, Austria-Hungary would never have been obligated to jump in to Bosnia in 1878.

Also some old family pics I scanned from my great-grandfather. I had to resize them for upload. His regiment had a pretty awful time in the war.

#1, Slovak soldiers executed for mutinying in Serbia, June 1918. My great-grandfather is in the background

>Communist detected.

Germany needs to apologize for unleashing the USSR

The whole formation of Germany into one unified state upset the balance. That's what kick started it all. They were a threat.

forgot pic

It was the alliances that dragged everyone into the conflict. What do you mean they dismantled the alliances?

>nation acts in its own self-interest
>"APOLOGIZE"

>country with no history this mad

Have you never heard of Bismarck or Alexander the III? Germany was allied with Russia until Kaiser Wilhelm decided to drop the treaty because he hated Slavs. No joke, that was basically his reasoning.

#2 more of the aftermath. They ended up executing like 50 soldiers in his regiment.

You can act in your own self interest AND not fuck someone else.

Shit. More

... you should really keep your mouth shut.

Except when Germany does that, then it's all cool.

That is what I listen to during long flights. Just finished the segment on Jutland and beginnings of Russian revolution. The description of Verdun was mortifying.

#3(/4) last 2 aren't as gruesome. His regiment in better times.

Literally what(who and (you))?

>germans

>HURR JEWS

>You can act in your own self-interest AND not fuck someone else.
>American

anyone else have WW1 medals?

Nah that shit was an atrocity.

Last one of his, Italy (I'm guessing) 1918. Because of the mutiny his regiment was put at the front lines for the final battles of the war. They got screwed at
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_the_Piave_River
then ended up sort of waiting out the rest of the war. He never surrendered so it looks like the regiment just continued retreating once everyone else left.

The Italian Front was really fucked up, basically the Western Front at 10,000+ ft in the cold. Battlefield 1 doesn't do it justice.

Gets me just as mad when we meddle in shit we shouldn't be in

Sykes-Pico was a good thing because it destroyed the ottoman empire.

Fuck, I need to watch Generation Kill again.

Armenian xtians crucified by Muslim Turks WWI

>The balance of power was already messed up

It was not, Britain would have been perfectly fine with the Bismark era status quo. Germany was already thriving, they made a lot of aggressive moves for no discernible gain which turned the british against them.

The only good thing which came out of this madness was the entente cordiale

Trips of truth

>While also mixing the populations and homeland boundaries of shias and sunnis what could possibly go wrong!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravished_Armenia_(film)

Not a problem as long as they stay far away. Modern noborder thinking wasn't a trend at the time.

See if you lads can make it through this one...

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48

Very unsettling.

>Dat ass on the far right

A fat brown buffalo says otherwise

UB-122 currently stranded in the River Medway on the mud flats. Supposed to be scrapped after the war but abandoned and stripped in place.

2 unknown WWI U-boats located a short distance south of UB-122. Since these were easier to reach they are less intact.

>would have been even worse
>no longer has an empire

WW1 was a huge cluster fuck.
Treaty of Versailles was too harsh for the Germans.
Tsardom was destroyed letting commies take over.
Middle east divided up making rival tribes live together in pointless borders.
Too many lives needlessly wasted

Everyone still had shell shock, and the entire countryside had been ripped to pieces along with all the men in a great meat grinder.

No one at that table was going to make reasonable demands after all that bloodshed.

Watched all of it
Don't know how my great grandpa managed to go through that shit then sign up for the 2nd world war.

Your Grandpa is a mother fucking Zulu Fuck giving Skull fucking hard mother fucker. Praise to him, leaf. God damn. You come from good stock.

>pressured Austria-Hungary to exploit the death of Franz Ferdinand accordingly.

Are you alright mate? Getting your crown prince assasinated seems like a pretty legit reason to start a war with Serbia. Don't tell me your Brits would kill whoever dares to lay a hand onto the heir to your crown.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_Crisis#Content_of_the_Austro-Hungarian_ultimatum_to_Serbia

The Austrians didn't decide to start a war until the German foreign minister told them they should make unreasonable demands of Serbia, purposely, knowing it could be used as a catalyst to fight France&Russia.

>clapper education

It's like you numpties have no comprehension of the July Crisis. The war didn't simply happen, it happened following extensive diplomatic efforts to prevent it. The Austrians promised the Russians and French they WOULDN'T attack Serbia after the assassination, Germany pressured them into it because it was militarily stronger than them, and wouldn't necessarily remain so if they waited much longer for war.

SAUCE?

I bang this "girl".

>Would have been even worse
For you.

Not really our fault that Germany invaded Belgium on the basis we wouldn't keep the promise of guaranteeing their neutrality since their inception

Pardon, hue hue?

I don't know who the fuck that chick is.

>Britain has always been obsessed with controlling Europe
>Britain has always been jealous of the Germanic peoples
>Britain bankrupted their empire out of this obsession

>never had an empire
LOL, we kicked your asses off our continent and are now the world's supreme power.
Go masturbate to maps of ye olden times while your island is colonized by the third world.

cbUlVUc knows what he is talking about.
Germany prior to WW1 was a powerhouse.
It is all about the balance of power.

A lot of Americans can tell you much about the first world war but know little about the decades before that.

german boo pls go your "ancestors" get raped deal with it

That about sums up his presidency thus far

sykes picot is why the middle east is fucked up

If anyone is interested in the daily life of a Soldier during WW1, I recommend the book "Poilu" by Louis Barthas. It is the diary of a french soldier who was 3 years in the war.
From a german perspective, you have "Storm of steel" written by Ernst Junger, I havent read that one though.
If you like fiction, you have "All quiet on the western front", though I didnt enjoy that one.

Otto Dix is great