Newyorker DID THE OSCARS JUST PROVE THAT WE ARE LIVING IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION?

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/did-the-oscars-just-prove-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

>Trump cannot be President; forgetting all the bounds of ideology, no one vaguely like him has ever existed in the long list of Presidents, good, bad, and indifferent; no one remotely as oafish or as crude or as obviously unfit. People don’t say “Grab ’em by the pussy” and get elected President. Can’t happen. In the same way, while there have been Oscar controversies before—

>And so both of these bizarre events put one in mind of a simple but arresting thesis: that we are living in the Matrix, and something has gone wrong with the controllers. This idea was, I’m told, put forward first and most forcibly by the N.Y.U. philosopher David Chalmers: what is happening lately, he says, is support for the hypothesis that we are living in a computer simulation and that something has recently gone haywire within it. The people or machines or aliens who are supposed to be running our lives are having some kind of breakdown. There’s a glitch, and we are in it.

>Or perhaps, let us pray, it’s just that someone forgot to plug in an important part of the machine, and, when they spot the problem, they’ll plug us back in to the usual psychological circuits. Let’s hope for a sudden mysterious surge of energy, and then normalcy again. But don’t count on it. Expect the worst. Oh, wait. It’s already happened.

again i will quote the last paragraph
>Or perhaps, let us pray, it’s just that someone forgot to plug in an important part of the machine, and, when they spot the problem, they’ll plug us back in to the usual psychological circuits.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>everyone besides us is the problem
God damn USA you need to round up these fucks and kill them so they get out of the simulation they hate so much

>the new yorker

>How many layers of denial are you on senpai

> Philosopher

This is a question that should be asked to mathematics and physicists. And the answer is, no, asserting a dead-end, unprovable theory like this is akin to invoking the anthropic-province
principle. An excuse for lack of knowledge, the white flag of cosmology.

Thanks op! I read this yesterday and thought it should be on here. Such cognitive dissonance, it's really disturbing. Sad.

>literally every event in today's world is related to Trump

How cucked has the left's thinking become

-principle-

That's a shitty article. Check this out.

DOESNT FUCKING MATTER

HILLARY, SOROS AND OBAMA STOLE FROM TAXPAYERS TO FINANCE CLINTON CAMPAIGN

^^^^^ GET IN HERE^^^^^
>^^^^^ GET IN HERE^^^^^
^^^^^ GET IN HERE^^^^^
>^^^^^ GET IN HERE^^^^^

SPREAD ON ALL PLATFORMS

The leftist MSM is getting close to getting on the "we switched timelines recently" train and they don't even realize it.

Most conspiracy theories are really just a result of people underestimating the level of incompetence people are operating on.

There's no Matrix, there are no secret sovieties messing up the world for everyone else, there's just neglectfulness, lazyness and ignorance.

>this can't be happening! We're in charge here!

>being so unable to accept defeat you refuse to believe this reality exists.

my fucking god what the fuck is wrong with these baboons?

This is how far badly they have been beaten
MAGA

let me explain the last sentence of this article to those who missed it.

He wants the machines to plug him back into the Matrix.

Pretty much thats what i gather from it.

>Or perhaps, let us pray, it’s just that someone forgot to plug in an important part of the machine, and, when they spot the problem, they’ll plug us back in to the usual psychological circuits.

not your personal army fag

Sorry motherfucker, this is real life!

>Gopnik

how long until they straight out say that removing the anomaly from the simulation will return us to normalcy?

Who the fuck wilfully uses that lastname Gopnik? Isn't that like calling yourself Pleb or white trash.

>That feel when Trump has achieved CHIM

So, in short, he's saying that he's bluepilled? And he's bragging about being bluepilled?

Reminder that someone was paid to write this

cubs won the world series

we're in a simulation, but that articles content isn't the reason. "i dont like trump, this must be a simulation!!"

everything is wave information that our brain decodes into sensory input. you can start with that

Seems like obvious delusion played for jokes. The poor excuse of an editor cannot accept reality and so he goes into denial, creating whole virtual world with events that are meant to work against (his) logic as he's retarded enough to pose his own logic and prerequisites for anything as those functioning globally.

>we're in a simulation

Square root of 2 disproves this

What even fucking happened at the oscars

I hear about it but I don't give a fuck about the oscars enough to go researching and accidentally wasting my time watching it all just to find one bit

Atleast they acknowledge that ayyyy lmaos are controlling us. Confirmed: REAL NEWS.

They're out of their fucking minds

Simplanted suffering like war and famine is fine but trump as presidemy is a step too far? Living in a simulation is going to be the lefts version of shit your nappy infantalism that islam enjoys with ' it's Allah's will'

No personal responsibility for anyone. No cause and effect

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines
TL;DR: any headline that's a question instead of a statement can be answered with 'no', every time

Jews love disinfo.

They will pretend to be against Trump because Anti-semitism is on the rise. In reality, Trump is their good goy boy toy and his daughter is their harlot.

He will be a fundamental part in causing the third and final war in which Israel will become the next world power after a nuclear holocaust of the goyim.

Screen cap this post. Check em.

Blame CERN.

>millennial liberals can't accept not getting what they want so they spawn retarded conspiracy theories

what's new?

They are right.

Our meme magic and digits have broken the simulation for the entire universe on all plains of dimensions.

Praise kek.

Who even sits like that?

>When reality fails to adhere to (((our))) idealization of it, then there must be something wrong with reality.

t. (((Adam))) (((Gopnik))) of the (((newyorker)))

My future wife

Hot girls sit like that

caprice has too much of a manjaw for my liking.

Rounding up the 'intellectuals' has kind of fallen out of fashion recently. At least follow through on your promises to expatriate.

Haha you stupid mong there are hundreds of thousands of competing secret societies

Fucking newfags

how so?

What have you done

The libcuck safespace is shrinking every minute and I love it.

jesus christ

damn

>WE ARE LIVING

you fuckers aren't even real. prove me wrong.

protip: you can't

It's likely that we are in a simulation, simply because an infinite number of virtual realities can exist inside of other virtual realities (like playing minecraft on a computer built in minecraft which you experience in a simulation of the world in your brain) but this is not proof of that.

Im starting to feel sorry for them. They arent evil or malicious, they are just really really stupid and have no way to explain what is happening to themselves. They bought their own propaganda so hard they just have no mechanism to interpret reality.

I like the computer simulation idea but they pick the most retarded implausible 'the matrix' interpretation as if we are 'the' simulation, rather than the much more plausible one of we are AI that sprung up in an accurate physics simulation of a universe (in another universe which is itself a simulation, and turtles all the way down)

You can make an argument for that, at least one that argues there is a decent chance of it contingent on a falsifiable premise.

But not the matrix one. Thats just them literally being lost and alone because they cast off their real religions, leftism was their religion and its been destroyed,

>Trump was elected because of a glitch in the Matrix

Forty-thousand keks, my God. This is my favorite leftist denial-stage argument yet.

Can we exploit this? Could we somehow engineer a mass left-wing suicide by convincing people to "unplug" themselves from this simulation by jumping off a bridge or something?

dude if any future human 350,000 years into the future is in this sim, it's going to be trump himself. he is literally god rn and he is making himself mortal and sacrificing himself to save america. think about it. he's the ultimate american hero. hero of the world.

and if it's not him. this is best timeline. best timeline folks. this is all so fun. everything has been enhanced 2016 till now. everything that shouldn't happen has happened and it's so god damn funny and entertaining. holly shit trump winning was god damn gold. his stupid face. fucking conway's dumb ass face. fucking styx and the folks on simulation train are all 100% shit eating grinning because we know this best timeline shit is amazing. it's fucking amazing to live in this time. sometimes i like to compare all this to some similar things that happened in rome but holy hell this is rome 2.0 and it the best and i can't think of anything that comes close to this in world history. enjoy this time folks. it's so fucking funny. the sim guys are giving you a god damn gift. be on the side that understands that senpai.

This.
Arguing for the Simulation Theory may help to explain some phenomenas that have yet to be explained by Science and Logic, but it does not mean much on the ontological level : One still has to explain why the Simulation do exist, who is running it, and whether their own universe is also simulated. It raises more questions than answers.

woah

These people are delusional

>something has recently gone haywire within it.

This pisses me off so much. These people are have grown so accustomed to favorable regeme change that anything outside the lines (according to their personal notions of what "can" and "can't" happen) LITERALLY CAN'T BE HAPPENING

I voted for Bernie in the primaries and Hillary in the general (out of fear) but I just don't care anymore.

The leftist media only promoted Trump because they wanted Americans to have one choice: Hillary Clinton. It bit them in the asses and this is the result.

I really don't think Clinton won the popular vote either. That could just as easily be a lie, like her media henchmen lied throughout the primary.

I feel bad for all the independents and conservatives who didn't have representation in the presidential race.

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

If it's a computer simulation then it's a real shitty one. Who would design a simulation for people to live in while in a stasis, but design poverty and niggers into it? WTF?

>Arguing for the Simulation Theory may help to explain some phenomenas
that's not what it's used for
at least not in science

it's just a thought experiment some people are interested in. same with solipsism.

how did they get it exactly opposite?
They president can't be a womanizer? Or be realistic about cultures? They are pretty much saying that 99.9999999999% of human history before the hyper liberal portion of american democracy was INSANE!

>When Trump is elected but it's alright since you don't believe in facts

>There was one continent that kind of looked like a dick

Entertaining read, I had a chuckle

Mfw new yorker contributors are literally shilling to be plugged back into the demiurge.

>Believing in sci-fi fantasies because they can't accept reality

pathetic

>when he dont realize he's agent smith not neo

Checked.

Liberals so utterly btfo that they can't accept they are living in reality

That would make an excellent sci-fi novel.

please this

>something has gone wrong with the controllers
Tech support can only be reached by committing sudoku to acknowledge that you are living in a simulation.

lol lets hope this wont happen

My wife, on my dick.

There is a being connected to the god string resonating his idea of reality and implicating it on others.

There is an idea that this is a computer simulated reality. Well the person who it is being simulated for is becoming aware of it and manipulating it for the lulz

Hacked

"aliens" run our lives and the "matrix", not the KIKES

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

THESE KIKES ARE RICH I TELL YOU HWHAT

>it's the night of the oscar jew 2018
>2017 oscar jew was big success
>it felt good handing out trophies to black movie-makers because as everyone knows black movie-makers are most unrecognized of all movie-makers
>all black movie-makers are literally kubric but nobody knows because oscar jew has been holding them back
>not happening with oscar jew 2018 though
>oscar jew 2018 has added a new category
>best tyler perry in a tyler perry movie
>meryl streep is on stage to present the award
>she is grinning from ear to ear
>"in 2018 the oscar jew finally decided to recognize the greatest hidden figure in movie-making." she says
>"tyler perry challenges us"
>she pauses for an inordinate amount of time
>"he challenges us to think about race"
>"which we almost never do every five minutes."
>there are shots of oscar jew audience and they all look deep in thought.
>"and here are the nominees"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts a whoopin on they kids"
>"tyler perry's: madea goes to the outside where white folk be sleepin not in they bed but on the ground in big socks"
>"tyler perry's: madea holds a queef so long she burps it out her mouth"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts ungodly amounts of spice on her food"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts a whoopin on they kids 2"
>there is a 5-way split screen of tyler perry with his fingers crossed looking very anxious
>meryl streep opens the card
>"and the winner is tyler perry"
>"for madea holds a queef"
>audience in full standing ovation as tyler perry takes the stage
>tyler perry appears a little choked-up now that he's holding a real oscar jew
>it's difficult but he's able to do his 'madea voice'
>"Errr I been holdin dis pussy burp all they tree days"
>***BELCH***
>"OH THEY IT GOES"
>audience still full standing ovation
>many taking selfies to remember the most diverse and progressive oscar jew in history
>the 2018 oscar jews.

Someone should tell them about Trump and Pence being time travellers.

>leftists act disgusted at traditional values and attitudes
>leftists have a soul purpose: destruction of the nation
>like the roman faggots before us leftys are inviting the barbarians within in the walls

Grima Wormtongue deserved to die
>Israel deserves to die

Imagine being paid to write this drivel. JK Rowling must know this feel.

That is literally the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

>no one remotely as oafish or as crude
Holy fucking shit these guys need a history lesson. Congressmen don't even beat the shit out of each other anymore, what is this bullshit.

Are the writers fucking children. If Clinton got half the coverage Trump did, he would have never been elected.

>Imagine being paid to write this drivel.
yea, honestly i expect better writing from the new yorker. i could have cranked out something on par with this in an afternoon.

But seriously. The Oscars are completely arbitrary. And either way, why should anybody care about which rich liberal faggot gets the most praise from "The Academy". ?

Like honestly.
T. Facebook feed:

DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF

HURR THE OSCARS WERE GREAT LAST NIGHT.

DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF

Nobody who actually watches the Academy Awards should be allowed to also comment on politics.

>I voted for Bernie in the primaries and Hillary

Neck yourself

>liberal journalists are this retarded

>getting rewarded just for being black
>out of pity

top kek, look at that shit eating grin on her face, she knows damn well the only reason she actually got a oscar is because she's black.

Because it's click bait. Literally everything the media is pushing right now in negative doom and gloom impeach trump soon articles.

Yeah but the
>universe is a simulation
Is literally the most retarded foray into pseudointellectualism ever contrived.

You can't go any further off the deep end.

Its funny how earlier it was the far right who used to make conspiracy theories,but now the left is doing just that.They are no better than the delusional far right

But user we are the people of the new alliance, not the zionists.

but it's the New Yorker, they still publish we well-subscribed literature and news magazine. We have reached paper click bait levels and come full circle.

>And so both of these bizarre events put one in mind of a simple but arresting thesis: that we are living in the Matrix, and something has gone right with the controllers

fixed

When you look at things in nature like root systems of plants,the nervous systems of animals,lighting bolts, and river systems looking the same. It gets you thinking.

>anthropic-province
why do only people on here talk this? why can't anyone else in my life talk like this? I always have to hear the same stupid "bearded guy in the sky" phrase and it always dumbs down the argument. of all places why is this anonymous board the one place where people argue efficiently and intelligently