Raised catholic

>raised catholic
>became atheist at 13 because religion is all bullshit
>still believe in Christian values because they don't promote degeneracy and believes Christianity is needed to save western civilisation.

What does this make me Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocatechumenal_Way
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Catholicism truly is the worst Christianity. Catholicism really fucked us up bigtime. If not for those assholes, Europe would be great.

It makes you your average smart kid. Eventually, as you get older, you'll find your way back into the Church the same way I did. Usually I'm one of those disgusting Catholic LARPers (heh) you see around here always advising Sup Forumstards to go back to Church and repent, but if I have to be honest I don't object all that much to young Catholic men experimenting a bit with all sorts of ideologies because at the end of the day most of them (if not all) return home.

It makes you literally me, wtf

Do you have an agnostic dad/catholic mum as well? My redpilled catholic mother is the reason I appreciate Christian values despite my lack of belief. At least, the specific values that she espouses

Christian values are good and humane.
Thats why it was so successfull.

Im Asatru myself, but i still have christian views

>the worst Christianity
But its the only Christianity, nordcuck

How did Caths fuck up Norway and Europe?

It makes you a fence sitter. You can't have the benefits of Christianity without submitting yourself to God's authority.

I think a lot of Sup Forums is in the same position. Growing older and realizing they want and even need God back in their lives.

I haven't believed since I was around 8 or 9, but I'm starting to understand that faith in God can and will manifest real results as if He were true.

Life is weird bub. There's no real reason to follow scientific theory over a religion that has tangible benefits to your life should you be true to the doctrine. Cold science was never meant to be our God. It's a poor God that the state controls.

>not Orthodox

Get the fuck out of my country, Mick.

>Eventually, as you get older, you'll find your way back into the Church
I'm 25 now, I'm not coming back. I've read the bible, went to a religious university, and go to church with my family when I visit, but nothing has given me reason to believe the miraculous accounts of Jesus

When little of existence could be naturally understood, creation seemed like the most plausible explanation for life. Now that we know existence operates under universal rules, the idea of a divine creator, mankind being made in His image, the virgin birth etc just seems outlandish. It feels like an extraordinary claim, and the extraordinary evidence just isn't there. Basically I can't debunk Christianity but the paucity of historical evidence compared to the size of the claim gives me no reason to believe, either

red-pilled.

the humanitarian values you pick up are all you need.

>he's been cucked by the krauts
HAHAHAHAHA YOU SILLY PROTESTANT FUCK

Toppest of keks right here

>you can't have the benefits of Christianity without submitting yourself to god's authority

Says who exactly?

>growing older and realising they want and even NEED god

Well this doesn't apply to me. I don't need god back in my life.

A lot of Christian beliefs are for cucks.
Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

If we can cherry pick the good shit and cement those views, then the west can really progress as a people.

t. Patrick O'Sullivan

Keep your inbred mouth shut you emu fucking monkey. New Zealand is better than you in every single way.

Pretty much user. Dad doesn't care about religion but my mother is a pretty devout catholic. Made me go to catholic schools, attend bible study and regular church attendance when I was young.

They're better at getting skin cancer you smelly paki cunt.

Read the scholastics and contemporary problems regarding philosophy of mind. You'll come home if you have half a brain

>catholic paki

Is the heat getting to you, poof? Maybe you can get your about mates to give you a golden shower to cool you down

a Faggot

It makes you a pussy

a pussy

I don't agree but I will read them anyway, theology can be comfy. I haven't googled anything, but could you be more specific or post links/name a place to start?

It's fine if you keep "Christian" morals. Like don't steal, don't murder, don't over-indulge, etc. All of this is just human ethics. They're in every religion, every law, the globe over.

It's all about social cohesion. But don't fall into the trap of feeling guilty for things that only affect you. Like masturbation, over eating, procrastination, etc. These are simple flaws, but I can guess you treat them as sin and think of yourself as a lesser than. They're simply think GS to over come.

Personally I found the occult to fill the god sized hole. It's not Satanism, it's more about finding your own path. Ironically it brought me closer to God.

Someone who wants to save Western civilization is necessarily good. Someone who respects themselves is necessarily good.

Don't think too much about who you are, and more about what you can do. Because who you are depends on what you do.

youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs

This is interesting user. Pretty much summed up what I have taken from Christianity and what I ditched. Self inflicting sins for the most part aren't that much of a problem like the ones you mentioned. It's the social Ones that are the biggest problem.

Study Occultism and Theology

Don't be a Jew-Nigger

This. The bible itself call it the whore of babylon. Catholicism is equal to degeneracy and perversion.

Same here user,
Morals are imo the only thing worth taking from religion

There is no god but kek and pepe is the messenger

Very interesting vid. Thanks Anschlussbro.

My parents are both Catholic, only my dad was practicing until I was in middle school, went to a Catholic school, and both my parents got pretty involved. Never went through an edgy stage, but really believed (even tried as a middle-dchooler for a bit, kek). Lately I've been believing in God, though. Don't know if I can say 100%, but moving towards there. My dad always told me as I grew older I would come to the Church. Objectively, I understood but...

What does that make me?

I agree. But like I said, the social sins come down to tribe mentality. Murder is not okay, since you can't just go around killing your own tribe - it weakens your safety net that you rely on. Stealing is bad because if you take a doctor's tools, he won't be able to perform and it threatens the whole tribe. Things like this.

sorry, I'm drunk

This. I recomend mindandmagick's YouTube channel. He's great for occultism 101.

I went from Catholic to atheism and then from atheism to deism. I studied a lot of religions and never found something that i could entirely be OK with, but my mind wasn't made for the spiritual death that is atheism. Kind of depressing when i think about it. I feel lost.

A retard
>hurr durr a big bangy boomy came out of nowhere and created life

You are a pagan at heart Brit-bro, deep inside you know that the magic sandnigger in space is not for you. Return to nature and your roots and you will feel joy again. All those value's you hold dear are stolen anyway by that desert religion. I'll see you on the battlefield my friend.

>mfw I love Christian values
>mfw I wish I had faith
I just can't bring myself to believe. It's pointless, I just truly believe there is no god. If I could make myself believe I would, I try to keep an open mind but I'm not convinced. What do guys?

You don't have to believe that to be an atheist. You can be satisfied saying "I don't know how the universe started". And it's better than answering every question with "god did it".

>I don't know the answer
>therefore I claim it was God because a book said so
See how retarded that sounds?

>Christianity is needed to save western civilisation.

>science saved western civilization, not cucktianity.

Generally suppressing knowledge for centuries, and it lead to a lot of knowledge being lost.

Norway lost its written language entirely after the black death and was stuck with next to no development for 400 years, largely because those morons in the church made sure all knowledge died with all the priests and munks who tended to the sick because they had refused to teach anyone else to read. Just goes to show how they feared knowledge.

Edward Feser the last Superstition - ignore the polemics at the start of the book, great intro to Thomism otherwise

>fedora
>What does this make me Sup Forums?

Someone who needs to fuck off back to /Reddit

>science saved western civilization, not cucktianity

We live in both the most scientifically advanced point in history and the most depraved and cucked point in history. Science cannot guide us to do what is right, and leftist atheistic scientism is pure evil.

Weak magic, if you really wished to leave forever you would say it like so. "I will leave, forever."

What are "Christian values"?

Look where mass education and literacy took us in the 20th century

Respect for yourself and others if they deserve it

Catholic = Roman Church with pope at the head, jesus and god exist.
Christian = any and all denominations of baptists, methodists, protestants, yadayada

You know what, you're a teenager. This whole thread is 'look I'm such a free thinker give me attention' you ask no questions other than 'What do you think of me'. Well I think you're a faggot. Atheists are fucking degenerate. Even though they don't reproduce, but atheism is a Jewish invention it turns men into beta cucks.

Attached is voting intention by belief. Notice how atheists and Jews are virtually identical.

If you allow people to think that atheism is acceptable you get moral degradation, communism, identity politics, etc. Things that directly enables Islam.

You should fight the enemy within with the same vigour that you fight the enemy without.

You might get faggots replying to this post saying 'hurr well I'm a red pilled atheist I voted for Trump', well how is that any different from Abdul from Syria saying 'I'm not like those other muslims, I'm moderate'? Stereotypes exist for a reason, and evidence dictates atheists are social poison.

Now fuck off back to /Reddit.

Atheism is a great path to Christianity.

Redpilled

> Christian West: Conquered almost the whole world. The beauty of the white race was the world standard. The white man was feared by their wives. There were almost no gays. The family was regarded as sacred. Westerners control Muslim Nations.

> Secular West: Getting cucked by mudslimes. BLACKED. White Women falling in love for niggers and sandniggers. Full of beta men. Muslims control various Western cities.

Red pill me on why Atheism is not a Jewish invention to turn Westerners into miserable cucks.

So a bit like stoicism but with the addition of having to worship Joseph's wife's son, Rabbi Jeshua?

A Westerner. What you understand as secular ethics are actually completely framed in the Greco-Roman/Judeo-Christian tradition. It's kind of hard to appreciate how steeped in Christianity Western values are as a Westerner because you've most likely spent your entire life within that frame of reference.

>when you vote like Jews it's bad
>when I vote like Jews it's good

>le earth is only 6000 years old because muh bible said so

God still loves you and will welcome you back.

>Christianity is needed to save western civilisation.

>So a bit like stoicism

Yes, if you agree that the stoics are those who discovered the philosophy of event (as opposed to the philosophy of essence).

No need to worship anything. If you're an ethical person, you don't need to pray or even essentialize figures like Christ or others. But it's ok if you do, just don't be too stupid about it.

This.
Leftist "science" is going back to beliefs, assumptions and feelings. They've already started book burnings and try restrict 'wrong' information.
How is this different from old catholic lunatics?

An edgy kid who rebelled at 13 and never stopped being edgy
>25
not that old. Though to be fair if you are not spiritualy minded it could take a long time. I spent almost 2 decades exploring various world religions and mysticisms before i finally settled on something, and it certainly wasnt because of that somethings public face.

If you want truth you have to look to the ascetics.

New age normie

it makes you a pretty normal 14-year-old.

Yep

It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?

>genuinely arguing against atheism being a Jewish plot
>on Sup Forums

I'm assuming you're fresh off the boat from /Reddit. Let me remind you that it should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

>can't argue against him having an obvious bias
>has to resort to a copypasta
Pretty embarrassing.

I can literally explain the universe existing with out a creator though and im not even an atheist

If we take a fundamental axiom that the microcosm reflects the macrocosm (the same rules of the universe apply at different scales) then we can simply observe that things within the universe tend to exist unless something stops them from doing so. Therefore the universe, in its entirety, will tend to exist unless something stops it from doing so.

There, done.

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

>tfw can relate with Christians far more than with other atheists
I was raised in a Christian household, I was never an edgy faggot to stick it to my parents or anything, I just don't really believe in any of it. I genuinely despise the kind of atheists that insult theists just for being theists, it's the cringiest shit.

I can honestly see myself coming back to religion, but it really just isn't on my mind nowadays.

>All of this is just human ethics.
Do you mean White ethics?

I'm an atheist too, but raised Christian. I'd like embrace the values, and teach them to my future kids. But I have a problem with the church's pro-refugee/open borders policy. I get the 'help others' part but I don't have any sympathy for economic 'refugees' and criminals.

It makes you me.

Christian values are actually copy pasted pagan values.
Christianity is what caused European degeneracy in the first place

ok dood

Just keep living your life like you know you should.
You'll be fine.

You sound like a very attentive lurker's worst impression of this board.

>If there is a beginning there has to be a cause.
Not neccisarily. The idea that something has to be caused by something else depends on time. As time is part of the universe, there was no 'before', and therefore no need for a cause.

>finely tuned
As things tend to want to exist, they will if they can. We exist where we do because we are what can exist where we are existing.

I like infinite computer simulations. I think its a reasonable argument because all you need to show is that it is possible to simulate a universe, and if thats shown, then the chances that we are a simulation are extremely high, just as the chances whats simulating us is a simulation, etc. I see no fundamental problem with infinite regression.

>Occam's razor
is bullshit to be honest
>created by intelligence that exists outside of time
thats what im going with, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Lutheran church has some serious flaws like you mentioned, no coincidence that the later evangelical countries like us couldn't really hold onto the doctrines.

>britbong
>like Catholicism

That doesn't make sense on any level.

FPBP. Catholicism is hands down the worst version of Christianity. It's a religion made up completely of heretics.

Fucking religious degenerates get off of my board.

REEEEEEEEEE

*grabs him by the throat* BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!

Catholics are the biggest hypocrites constantly committing sins and pretend they don't and are by and large liberal cucks from what I've seen.

Bite me miss helsinki

The fact those events are all plagiarised from other religions doesn't help the cause either

>not neocatechumenal
fucking plebs
Why nobody know the existence of it (the Neocatechumenal Way?

And it's founder is red pilled on immigration as any spaniard can confirm.

Baptists and methodists are protestants. Catholics are also Christians. Everyone that follows Jesus is considered a Christian including Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses.

Don't care about your greentext bullshit but making a thread about yourself means you're a faggot and an attention whore.

Sage for pozzthread

I don't really get it, I think the church could rise again in Finland (to some degree), if they embraced the real conservative values, not pandering the globalist ones and degeneracy.

ooops here's the link for plebs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocatechumenal_Way

Many traditional churches teach a blasphemous form of Christianity that is designed to fail. That way everybody thinks it doesn't work. It actually does work, and when you figure that out you won't go back to your traditional church. Christianity in practice is a Ghost Dance (Lakota/Wounded Knee) Practice it correctly and you'll meet aliens, like pic related

>you will go back to your Traditional church

What do you mean? Are you talking about Orthodoxy?