Is doing the Pacific Crest Trail as a thru hiker redpilled or bluepilled

On the one side, it is a white people only thing and you need quite a lot of stamina and there aren't any obese people around.

On the other side, there is a lot of people who "want to find themselves", are NEETs, young SJWs, hippies etc.

I am conflicted here, I might just do a trail in Russia instead, but there I might get killed by bears in Siberia or Russians who think I am a spy from Europe.

who cares, if its nature then it will be healthy for ya.

fuck nature

There are other places you can hike besides Russia and California

I'd recommend the Inca Trail in Peru

>who cares, if its nature then it will be healthy for ya.
That is sort of what I am thinking. The hippie NEETs might be a problem the first few days, but then they are gone because "muhh, my feet hurt and nails are getting fucked up".

Thanks, but the Inca Trail is too touristy for me.

I have done an Alpine crossing through Austria, Southern Crete trail, Mallorca stone path, La Gomera GR132 roundtrail, Iceland half cross North-South and the Northern Spain Basque country trail. Longest was Crete for 10 days and Iceland for 12 days.

What I hate in trails is people - I don't want them. Best treks are were you don't have to interact with hippie SJWs. La Gomera was fun, no one on the treks for the most part, but then some of the beaches were filled with German hippies... sometimes 10-15 with their tents, very weird.

Currently I am thinking about Lake Baikal (but that would just be 3 weeks), the Southern Himalaya route through Northern India (5-6 weeks) and half or even all of the Pacific Crest Trail (up to 5 months, I would aim for around 4 months - alternatively, only half of it for 6-8 weeks). I want to go start of May.

>not hiking the superior Appalachian trail

I've hiked sections of the AT and most people I've met were pretty cool. Id say more religious people/blue collar/exmilitary than NEET/hippies but that might be bc of where I live

being forced to march in the rain and snow in some backwards, mosquito infested wasteland with all your military gear and sleeping in shitty damp tents is not exactly glamorous and makes you hate hiking in forests

>>not hiking the superior Appalachian trail
I have looked into it. The PCT appeals more to me due to the change in landscape and not having to hike through woods most of the time.

>being forced to march in the rain and snow in some backwards, mosquito infested wasteland with all your military gear and sleeping in shitty damp tents is not exactly glamorous and makes you hate hiking in forests

This stuff is what I loved most of my military draft service back in the days. Well, I never really had to hike through mosquito territory, but the rest I have done.

Fuck you

Completely understandable user! But like said, its more down to earth people and you dont so much have to deal with filthy american hippies (we have the worst ones) or false indigo children.

I can see you've never met a chigger or a tick.

at least germany isn't 30% swamp and garbage although the more hilly south can be a pain to climb

Pure Redpill, user.

I grew up in the foothills of the Cascades, I've done all of Washington and it was one of my favorite excursions through nature.

Would recommend.

There's also the Appalachian trail.

I did the El Camino De Santiago a few years back, it was a lot of fun. Took a month, almost everyone on the walk was either young as hell, recently divorced, old as hell or recently unemployed/retired because it's almost impossible to get the five weeks off of work to do the whole thing otherwise.

Most of the people were interesting to talk to but it wasn't really very wild or anything, you walk between towns, villages and cities and have beds pretty much every night.

But they are all religious nutcases on the Santiago pilgrimage trek. It might be a very nice trek, but much too touristy and religious for my taste.

I am self-employed and unmarried so I can take 3 months off.

Is this code for banging a Colombian milf?

Heres what you will learn:

>you NEED help from others
>community and towns are important
>the societal systems we have set up are working
>nature is great, you're lucky to experience it

dont think you're escaping anything

>i like to le travel the world and le see nature :^) it only costs me €xxxx a month but thats ok i got my trust fund

fuck off globalist stay out of my state

>Is this code for banging a Colombian milf?
No, the AT is a 2100 mile long trek from Georgia to Maine. Nice, hard trek, but not as nice as other treks. But I agree with the user from before, the AT is probably less overrun with hipsters and more overrun with religious folks.

I am also looking into New Zealand and Patagonia and the South-North Continental Divide Rocky Mountains trail. The Rocky Mountains trail isn't completed I understand and pretty fucking hard.

>>you NEED help from others
I don't think so.

>>community and towns are important
Supermarkets are important, yes.

>>the societal systems we have set up are working
I have been into areas without much of a societal system. I enjoy it.

>>nature is great, you're lucky to experience it
Yes, I know.

Thanks for all that, but my question was whether I should do the PCT, because it has a shitton of hipsters and NEETs there, while many other ultra long distance treks do not.

>>i like to le travel the world and le see nature :^) it only costs me €xxxx a month but thats ok i got my trust fund
>fuck off globalist stay out of my state

What? I like nature, but I do not like to travel the world. I have no trust fund, actually my father died over 12 years ago and was bankrupt when he did. I built all I have from scratch.

Yea and no.

>Worried about NEETs/Hipsters.
>Is a NEET/hipster

Do the Sendero de Chile. Chile has many national parks that are rarely visited by tourists. The only popular one is Torres del Paine which has many tourists. I went from Santiago de Chile all the way down to Torres del Paine, visiting almost every national park and reserve along the way. As an example, I went to Parque Nacional Hornopirén and didn't see anyone for three days. You can get a Pase Anual (year pass) at CONAF which grants you unlimited entry to all national parks and reserves for like 15 $.

>i will use thousands of dollars and societal infrastructure travel across the world to escape societal infrastructure

well you wont find wilderness here; do you even know how many german hikers we have here in our parks? theyre like disneyland now. globalists like you are like fleas

>>Is a NEET/hipster
I make 200k a year by working and I get a haircut frequently.

Go away, college idiot.

Don't fuck with nature

Thanks, the Patagonia long-distance 800mile trail is actually one I looked up. How long were you there? Any hazards? How did you resupply?

If you carry a big fucking shotgun, it is. People get raped and robbed on hiking trails all the time. I'm a 5'11 girl and carried a Remington 870 through the Appalachians with slugs that could take apart a polar bear. I was also hiking with Marines, but you're a delicate flower Hans, and I don't want your boipucci to get vandalized.

>I was also hiking with Marines, but you're a delicate flower Hans
>5'11 girl

Ok there, primadonna, whatever you say. I hope you don't mess up your nailpolish typing this shit.

youre a fucking idiot

what job lets you do this?

Russia would be much better user, but you should really have some form of self defense if you visit murrica

It's neither. You're just walking on a dirt path.

>On the other side, there is a lot of people who "want to find themselves", are NEETs, young SJWs, hippies etc.
kek. my dad's friend has a son that's unemployed, depressed, and fat. out of nowhere the kid tells his dad that he wants to hike the appalachian trail so he can "find himself". so my dad was getting all these questions about the logistics of doing the hike and if me and my dad would go with them because we're experienced backpackers. of course the neet loser kid never went through with the hike like everything else in his life.

also, making yourself go on a quest so you can "find yourself" will never work. you only find yourself after life unexpectedly takes a dump on you and you're forced to get out of it on your own. you can always dip out of a hike whenever you like so it's just not the same.

Yes

I was there from sprint till autumn. No hazards, it was a really dry year so easy hiking, never really had rain. Resupplying was easy in the nearby towns, just don't expect those fancy vacuum sealed meal packs, it's all very basic. Buy all camping gear in the US or Europe. Decent camping gear is expensive in South America because it's imported and South American camping gear brands such as Doite are of terrible quality(bought a Doite tent, broke after few setups). The only time I was in danger in South America was in Huaraz, Peru when I went hiking in the rain, got wet and decided to camp near a lake at 4000 meters altitude. All my gear was wet including my sleeping bag and I got mild hypothermia during the night. I managed to survive by constantly boiling water and drinking it and using my emergency blanket. Don't forget a stove, it can save your life.

>oh no it itches a little

fuck off pussy

hans u so hardcore and TOUGH
not caring about nails and shit

The best part about shooting people on the trail is animals eat the body in a few days and nobody knows you did anything at all

Touristy yes, but I didn't really meet too many religious people, outside of the random Koreans.
Most of them were just there for something to do and to get away from everything.

Mother Nature is a bitch in America.
Not like Europe where we killed all the predators.
It's fucking brutal here.

as an alien you can't carry firearms

>It's fucking brutal here.
The PCT and AT look very comfy with lots of women and old folks trekking it.

One reason I consider them is because there is essentially zero wildlife danger and zero problems with dying because you broke your leg and there is nowhere anywhere for days.

Thanks, good information. But they got gas catriges on the way? Or did you just have on catrige for the entire trip?

P.S. I do not like sealed meal packs, that is a US style hipster way. I am fine with polenta and other dried stuff.

PCT won't be possible this year unless you want to be postholing through snow most of the way.

Bears up in Norcal and Oregon can be dangerous. We have a long winter this year and they will come out of hibernation very hungry.

>if only there was a thing called pic related

Redpilled:
>hunting
>fishing
>camping
>climbing mountains
>messing around in boats
>picnics

Bluepilled:
>walking down an established trail

Only redpilled man to walk down a trail is the guy who blazed it.

Why spend 3 months doing it all at once? Why not do it as 1-week trips like once a year over the next 20 years? Won't you get kinda numbed by doing the same thing every day for so long? I'd think it'd be better appreciated in smaller doses

yes, gas is easily available in big cities and near popular camping towns. Just stock up if you won't return to civilization for a while. Tip: reserva nacional Cerro Castillo is beautiful and barely visited. I reccommend the book Trekking in the Patagonian Andes as a reference for treks. A lot of the information is outdated but the big picture is the same.

enjoy the non stop fucking rain

east coast best coast

everyone on Sup Forums is a millionaire but still find time to shitpost all day... really makes you think

lol

OP one of my relaxations when I'm not shit posting is hiking thru the pacific north west.
Don't stereo type me bro.

It's nature and it would be fun. There is no blue pill or red pill about it, just go outside.

Do it

Its a vacation.
Anyone can do it if they have the time or money.

The PCT is a great trail. Possibly the best long distance trail. ( I didnt say hike).

not that it matters but I am a triple crowner

I am not a millionaire. I just make 200k per year and that is not net, but gross. We have a lot of taxes and shit around here.

Sorry, but virtually all mountain climbs follow established routes. I regularly climb mountains in the Alps.

Don't forget coyotes are fucking everywhere.

>PCT won't be possible this year unless you want to be postholing through snow most of the way.
Why? What if I start early May?

Plus, I got no problem with snow and ice. I have alpine equipment which I would take with me (pre-deposit it before the high Sierras).

>Alex Jones and Joe Rogan can hear each other think

Does someone not know what thought and speech bubbles are?

How often do bears eat 6''2 hikers?

Ok, seriously, is there a real danger from bears on the PCT?

Pitch a tent in the woods and camp indefinitely so you can learn to concentrate better on happiness. Bring some aides to help pitch a tent and do stuff.

What do you do to make 200k per year?

OP when you go on hikes and stuff, you don't have to do deal with any shit from anybody.

It's not "thoroughly redpilled" or "bluepilled," it's just fucking hiking, which is something you do by yourself and don't necessarily need to tell anyone about either. Just do it on your own, maybe take pictures for yourself, and do that.

I personally love backpacking, usually across foreign countries, and I see no connection to the tourists or hippies who claim to do similar things. I just do it because it makes be genuinely very happy and that kind of feeling is pretty much all I live for so it and ignore everybody else in the world.

If you want to do something similar, go ahead.

black bears are like 5'' and weigh like 200 pounds... if they even see people they usually just run away like a little bitch and go find more garbage to eat like the scavengers they have become

as a native californian who has done the pct several times,
i would recommend you do the Camino de Santiago. way way more red pilled than the bernie cunts you will encounter on the pct
also i have been attacked/robbed by people on the pct dozens of times so i wouldnt go without a gun. youre in a fucking 5000m mountain range alone 50km from the nearest town