ITT: We discuss the 2020 Democratic Primaries

State your prediction of who it's going to be, and why. I'll start:

>Gavin Newsom
>Will be Governor of California in 2018
>Extremely popular in his state as Lieutenant Governor
>Young and fresh face, consistent with Democratic desire for a new face for their party
>Ability to unite all wings of the Dems, will get establishment and progressive support
>Very anti-Trump and a former businessman himself

>young
dude he's 50 years old

>Gavin Wifeson

that's pretty young for a president, fag.

Why would he bother to run for president if he was just elected governor two years prior?

He has the same problem as Hillary he just looks so fake and untrustworthy

I like my local rep, Tim Ryan.

You may remember him challenging Pelosi earlier this year for Senate minority speaker, saying the Democratic party abandoned their core values and it was a tragedy that Trump got elected hijacking their platform.

He is still pretty young though, but I think he would be their best shot. Probably won't get behind him though because he's a white fucking male.

I think he used to date Pelosi's daughter though so he might be controlled opposition.

Why would Obama bother to run for President if he was just elected Senator four years prior?

Here's a pic.

He seems like a good guy though, he came and spoke to my High School and is on a lot of committees I think. He will end up running one day.

Tim Ryan's fine, but he's too moderate and not retarded for the democrats to pick him as their nominee.

Four years =/= two years.

He is from commiefornia.
The reasoning centers of his brain have been irredeemably corrupted by its malign and retarded liberal influence.

He's a fucking white male, the Democrats won't nominate him. Sup Forums should know this.

Yeah but I think the ass kicking they are going to get in 2018 and as more and more people get on board with Trump policies to the point where the media can't lie about his support anymore, they will be forced to go closer to the middle or face complete extinction and will have to give a guy like Tim Ryan a chance.

I agree with you currently though. Also I think Trump is winning again in 2020 no matter what so I'd rather he held off another cycle.

You're missing my point, faggot. Politicians are more than willing to run for a higher office at any time, and being JUST elected to Governor is actually arguably a plus, as you have the aura of being outside the political establishment, while simultaneously being a fresh face. He'll be the nominee. Just watch.

Ohio actually.

Don't forget Tim Ryan also ran for Nancy Pelosi's spot as House Minority Leader. He couldn't get enough support within his own party, even following their devastating defeat in 2016. You'd think that they would be the most willing to change course after such a debilitating defeat. This tells me that's its unlikely he'll win or even garner any significant support in 2020, as we've already seen the necessity for establishment support for a democrat to win the nomination.

True.

I still don't really understand how he lost that, but the fact that people encouraged him to challenge her at all is a good sign. Maybe something will happen down the road.

He will run in 2024 I am pretty sure. 2020 is way too early.

For 2020 this is what you will get from the Democrats:
>Joe Biden(If he isn't dead from old age.)
>Bernie Sanders(If he isn't dead from old age.)
>Elizabeth Warren(If she isn't voted out of senate by 2018 which looks increasingly likely)
>Corey Booker
>Andrew Cuomo
>Tim Kaine

Trump is pretty much guaranteed 8 years. The dems literally have no one who can compete.

Bernie can win if he will be healthy

found the shill dataminer
>I'll start
>and why is it (((unknown fucker)))

you should just go over to msnbc or wherever it is that califags hang out dumbass

Ohio is a Jewish state why do you think so many (((politicians))) come from there

To defeat the jew, you must become the jew.

But what you've just said proves my point. Look at those pathetic nominees. Gavin Newsom is objectively better than all of them. Let me prove it.

>Joe Biden is too old.
>As is Sanders.
>Kaine is a joke.

The only other viable nominees:

>Elizabeth Warren is EXTREMELY unpopular with moderates or even centre left democrats. That's why she could be voted out in 2018, and you NEED MODERATE support in the South to get enough delegates in the nomination.
>Booker is literally black Clinton, but worse. He doesn't have any significant base of support in the party and its fair to say that progressives will have some say in the nominating process of 2020.
>Cuomo's interesting but he is an establishment insider. Arguably more so than Clitnon. He's a fiscal conservative, not particularly popular amongst progressives, nor particularly popular amongst moderates.

Gavin Newsom has none of these problems because he is unknown at the moment, but as soon as he becomes Governor of California he will leap to the national stage and have an opportunity to define yourself. And you can bet with any money that he'll define himself as relatively Left wing, with his political credentials giving him credibility amongst the establishment. He will emerge as the consensus candidate in 2020, just as Obama did in 2008. You watch.

If you actually read my post, you bag of shit, you would understand that you will hear of him in 2018. Why? Because he'll be the Governor of California, the most fervent anti-Trump state in the Union. Just you watch buddy. We'll be talking about his candidacy in a year and a half from now.

>California
>electing a fucking white male
Sure thing bud

Nah he's going to be old as fuck and the party machine will crush him.

Do you know who the current Governor of California is, mate?

He'll be a sack of bones by then

It's going to be greatest cuckfest the wold has ever seen. Hillary and Sanders argued about who give amnesty faster so I can only imagine what 2020 will be like.

You've never been to California.

Oh, Trump will win, no doubt. But if Newsom is the candidate as I think he will be, it might be more difficult battle than expected. (so a 5-6 point win)

It's literally just going to be Hillary and Sanders arguing again, except slightly closer to death and maybe a couple minorities sprinkled in for diversity.