Volkswagen is the most redpilled c-

Volkswagen is the most redpilled c-

Other urls found in this thread:

ladaniva.co.uk/baxter/resources/Rust.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, it is.

Say what you want about nazis but beetle is cute as fuck.

Incredibly robust, easily mended, parts available all across the world, it truly is the greatest car ever made. No car has stood the test of time as well as air-cooled Volkswagens and Porsches. I collect and restore these choice vehicles. When these modern computers with wheels no longer function, my cars will last well into the future.

Just because the owner sucks, doesn't mean the vehicle does.

That's czech engineering for you.

I'll be here allll day folks

stop shilling your hippiemobiles.

Just out of curiosity, what's the expected fuel efficiency of one of these? I got a small motorcycle (CB125 type clone but 150cc) just because it gets 85mpg and small engines are easier to get to and work around (no garage)

Hippies were the most redpilled for their time, you retard.

The largest stock type 1 engine would be the 1600 dual port engine. A well tuned one can achieve around 35 miles a gallon on the highway. Keeping up with traffic lowers it to around 25+. Smaller engines are more efficient. my 40hp and 36hp engines can get 40 to 45 MPG, but people usually get upset at that acceleration level. I am patient.

Sup Forums and /x/ are the new hippies

No garage is necessary and nothing on a VW takes more than a few minutes to repair or replace. Watch factory videos on youtube to get a sense.

I forgot, this is a POLITICAL thread, must stay political.

>people usually get upset at that acceleration level. I am patient.
Same here. Hence the tiny motorcycle. I can barely get between 65 and 70 mph out of it, so I can pop on the highway, but it doesn't make people around me happy. Definitely not for long trips unless I'm taking back routes.
>45mpg
Pretty good then. Cool... Better than any car I've ever owned for sure... Maybe in the future I'll look into it.
Yah. That's why I was asking.

Get as early as you can afford, later cars use more plastics, more electronics, and generally after '68, (when nordhoff died) quality is just okay. pre-58 cars are excellent in every quality. '58 to 64 is the sweet spot. Again, earlier gets you a manual choke, no fuel gauge and a kingpin front end. Ball joint is convenient, but not my preferred choice.

Have been driving a 05 vw polo for the past 4 yrs and while it has a high mileage it runs smoothly. Having served as a driver, i came to the realization that the less fancy gadgets a car has, the better.
Planning to get a pic related next year.

Always get a car with as many german parts as you can. Mexican, brazillian, and chinese parts are common and often the killer of these cars. Strip off anything that isn't west german and replace it with quality used parts and you will be happy.

>mfw the next car i buy might be a polo gti

No better view

Mercedes-Benz is.

>googling something related to my car
>someone on a popular MB forum had same question
>popular forum topics list on right side
>see pic related

They don't call it German engineering for nothing.

dont get one of these, yes there are good off road, but the engines are garbage

get a 20 year old skoda diesel with low miles. will last forever and never need anything, including much diesel

No car has ever been tested so much before production, refined to perfection. Through the genius of Ferdinand Porsche, and the might of the nazi party, the beetle was forged to perfection.

I own a 1967 200d with over a million km. Brilliant, but not in the same way as my vw's.

Art

I didn't expect much of it's engine. As far as i'm concerned they mostly have transmission or spark plug issues.
If you have more info pls share.

Put a type 1 in your lada.

ive seen a few 1.9 tdi conversions which i think would be pretty decent. not an easyjob though so i understand.

the other issue is rust. for the cost of a second hand niva, you could go to austria/germany and get something old with low miles and a galvanised body.

having owned fords, let me tell you, i hate rust. and ladas rust. you can get arch liners and seal them up, in fact there are dealers in germany who sell them under sealed and protected.but you're buying them new for about 10 grand.

Never buy new.

I prefer pic related one over beetle, but GTD, not GTI. Or regular 1.6diesel but made by TAS. If it's liquid and burns, 1.6 will run on it. Or Mercedes 190 or 123 or 124...

Noooo, I forgot about Mercedes SEC

Overly complex, will not stand the test of time. Parts availability is too low.

I have taken for a ride 1.6 diesel that has passed over 2 000 000km. Ofc it changed couple of engines, but rest is original. Sure it had some bulletholes in its doors but it still runs. And you can get parts for it anywhere here

Swapping the engine wouldn't be necessary if you took the right care of it

>ladas rust
Have seen that, but mostly on the arches. After a google search i found this though: ladaniva.co.uk/baxter/resources/Rust.htm

Car was abused for over 20 years. Guy that had it used it as offroad car for his company and for hunting

Is it yours now?

Enjoy having the heater ducts open all summer.

autonomus driving? truley german engineering....

No issues here.

Volkswagen = People's Car

This couldn't be made for socia-

This should be me

I love vintage VWs too, but they do have a few quirks that would put some people off.

Good. More for me. If you cant maintain valves, brakes, oil, jesus, I cant help you. These cars were made for german farmers in the 30's who had never owned a car before. I love hearing all of the excuses people make for not maintaining their cars.

I talked to a guy who repairs them and he said you have to adjust the valves occasionally. I tried asking for one as my first car but my dad said they aren't safe enough

Yeah, In the event of a crash, I've already came to the simple conclusion, I would probably die. But driving these old cars makes you a killer defensive driver. Still safer than a motorbike.

Checking valves takes less than five minutes. No excuse.

I've completely rebuilt half a dozen of them. They are easy to work on.

Yeah, adjusting your own valves is pretty much mandatory since you should do it first thing in the morning before the car has been run at all.