Urbanization Jew

What does Sup Forums think of the increase of supertalls in NY?

Worth the rent increases?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>falling for the viewjew

I think they are preparing for another 9/11,
to use it as a justification for another war.
But im a foreigner. Ignore me.

>falling for the skyjew

get out of my country, Igors

Skyscrapers are quintessentially New York. Build 'em.

The rent should be less, who wants to waste minutes going up and down a building?

>falling for the replyjew

Incredibly gay. New York architecture peaked in the 1930's.

I think they're fucking awesome. We should have built one world trade tower taller. Let's reach for the stars. A also liked what minneapolis did in the 70s and built a building 7 stories deep. As above so below, am I right?

Theres like 10 1000fters being built atm

That's awesome, I love working on these things. Would love to get a job in jew york building them...

Cool stuff for rich people. Lots of jobs for poor construction workers.

Better than brutalist buildings.

But I like skyscrapers and tall buildings to have rooftops so you could stand up and look out across into the horizon.

It's horrible urban planning in practice but New York is already ruined. Make them as big as they can get for all I care.

Let this limey tell you why we fucked up our cities.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c

They actually cut down on rent/property costs drastically in the long run, sprawl would lead to unimaginably high property costs. That being said they can be done well and not be ugly shit which ruins the view/aesthetic.

How do they cut down on rent if it's one unit per floor and most units sit empty 99% of the time?

Are you stupid?

>most units sit empty 99% of the time?
Are you talking about rich people who buy apartments essentially as tourists, or to flip property?
Because otherwise, Manhattan is one of the most popular places, and most expensive, places in the world, and if "most units were empty" the prices would drop, but thats not happening.

Do you not know how property pricing works? Yes, in the current environment where housing is monopolized by unimaginably wealthy plutocrat property LARPers it sucks but just housing in general is made much cheaper by going vertical and small instead of sprawled out since it enables much higher housing density in limited real estate area. NYC at least needs to relax some housing/building restrictions and tell specifically rich builders to fuck off so they can build vertical cheap housing for normal people who can barely afford to get by as is.

>what is free market
>what is personal freedom
>what is minding your own fucking business

Cancerous under aged bait bullshit