>lures in the millennial normies
>gets that wal street hype
>IPOs with insane valuation
>surpasses the valuation 2x

This makes me want to puke while in a noose

That's (((capitalism))) for you.

>stock is worth nothing

>snapchat is literally inferior to instagram now

this is just a "get rich and disappear" scheme. snap is worth nothing.

How can companies exist for so long without making any money? Aren't they so deep in debt eventually they collapse? How is he worth so much money for a company that makes none? any econbros here who could help out a brainlet?

why is it valued so highly when it has never been profitable.

Airbnb is profitable. uber has been profitable.

I understand a tech startup not beingprofitableat teh beginning, but how is snapchatstill not profitable withover 77 million users?

is this literally just greater fool valuation?

It's funny because they have no revenue model. They really still don't know how to monetize their app. Their valuation is based on the number of members they have and how much they expect to make if they can market to the correctly. They even fired a large amount of staff before going public because what they were trying to do wasn't working. This will either tank or there will be a takeover that will turn it into the wild west of ads and run everyone off.

Boggles the mind. I have a small company with 4 employees doing honest work of industrial maintenance and ethereal companies of smoke and mirrors just confuse the shit out of me

If any of you idiots invest longterm in snapchat you are making a huge mistake

they sell data for the NSA you idiots.. they know everything most people have in their home etc. ofc it has value.

its like 1997 all over again with dot com bubble
>App has millions of users but little revenue

the IPO is for suckers. Now snapchat will start putting in adds to make stockholders happy (its like kikebook right!) No its not. users will just flock to the next app that comes around.

they overprice the evaluation so the initial angel investors and everyone who put money in get thiers back + some profit, then dump stocks and the price collapses.

I wonder how many gigabytes of CP have passed through Snapchat's servers since its inception.

Their value is in selling backdoors for the NSA to use to spy on the goyim with and mechanisms to be used to inject artificial Establishment memes to manipulate the social media users with. It's just the Shadow Government buying Snapchat for 4 billion monopoly dollars they can snap their fingers and have the Fed generate out of thin air for the an e-bubble dotcom site.

Congrats pension fund-suckers, you now own a worthless web app

You're not alone. I don't get it either. Finance fags pls explain

top fucking kek, pensions are elaborate ponzy schemes

Ads

>implying I give a fuck about snap inc

Why do you think snapchat is so popular?

I bet they have backdoors to snapchat and the democrats collect all the cp their hearts content

Well that's slightly specific.

what if snapchat is secretly funded by an underground pedo ring?

you realize those pictures have to be SAVED on a server before they get "deleted", right?

but they arent deleted.

It's typical stock market Tulip mania all over again, the same kind that happened in the late 1990s with the Dot-com Bubble.

>How can companies exist for so long without making any money?
You're buying a temporary power that you can activate at any time. Conde Nast buys reddit, despite reddit making shit for money. reddit doesn't have to make money to be valuable; it's the "FRONT PAGE OF THE INTERNET," and now Conde Nast owns the site, the admins, and the power to shape that narrative any way they want. They can kill trending news if it suits them, fake anonymous leaks to damage the brands of companies, tweak stock markets up and down, buy shares in water filter companies and amplify the plight of shitty water in Flint or California. Other people pay you to manipulate the news, or boost the signal on what they want to make news; movie star drama to drive ticket sales, Burger King rapes kids so McDonalds looks good, anything.

I dont know shit about snapchat personally, but I imagine there's obvious value in owning the lines through which people communicate

Popularity has a lot of value

I'm pretty sure Evan Spiegel is a complete alt-right shitlord who's forced to hide his power level for the sake of his company.

The dirty little secret of capitalism. If 1000 people say that the company is worth x it's worth x, the 1000 people collude and continue saying it's worth x to not lose any of their own valuation.

Yup. But he's not fucking his supermodel wife because it "goes against his values." Give me a fucking break.

Not just the dems. Stupid kids give the creators nudes for free. They then sell these for profit. Same applies to Facebook etc.

Snapchat is for fucking normies and a tool for roasties to hyperinflate their value and feed their voracious attention craving appetite

Except Facebook just sells literally any picture. Your family is now someone's stock pictures. Probably featured in the next Disneyland ad.

Diminishing returns.

Dude has fucked so many models by now he's probably bored by sex.

The investors expect that it will be monetized better in the future. Snapchat's revenue grows quickly even though it still remains unprofitable. The key indicators here are userbase and potential revenue from advertising and paid-for functions. Facebook was unprofitable for a long time and only started to generate a stable and high profit in 2013, but it was valued at billions of dollars long before that.
So the logic of the investors is not wrong. What's wrong is that they are convinced that Snapchat will remain popular in the long run. I doubt so, since unlike Facebook or Amazon, the primary function of Snapchat is very narrow, easy to copy (instagram and even whatsapp already copied it), and depends of trendiness a lot. So Snapchat is definitely and significantly overvalued.

t. financier

M8 I really don't think someone would get bored of sex at the age of 26. He's a nerd who got lucky that's all.

Dude I'm 25 and by pure virtue of having good genes I've managed to get laid on a near constant basis for the last 5 years.

I've banged every type of girl, done every freaky thing there is. There's nothing left for me to do and I couldn't care less about sex now. I'm just focusing on my career and keeping a look out for a wife material woman to bear my children.

Typical American, burning yourself out when your young and committing way too early, just like Evan.

its similar to the real estate bubble in the US in 2007, the tech valuation in 2001

people dont have a clue about whats going but fear "missing out on the xyz", in this case the xyz "next facebook".

and in 1-2 years literally all these hindsight normies will say "the hype was sooo obvious" and "it was fucking OBVIOUS snapchat wasn't worth anything"

>Be St. Francis High School
>invest 15K in Snap
>5 years later
>EARN 23 MILLION!

kill yourself OP