Relative to the universe, your life is less than a blip in time. Everything you work for, you understand...

Relative to the universe, your life is less than a blip in time. Everything you work for, you understand, you experience will be for naught. All those who know you, seen you, remember you will eventually die. It will all become nothing. How then can someone say there is meaning to life? How can a person reject nihilism on this basis? This is not directed at the religious, they are capable of delusion that bypasses this. This is directed at atheists, how can you refuse God yet claim life has any meaning?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tl2wfM4YERI
youtu.be/nUFMZkxochs?t=1h29m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=NaUtwJetosA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

r/atheism is the other way senpai

these are large assertions with no evidence except a subjective interpretation of certain facts

hedonism is the solution

Lack of religion does not, I repeat, does not, result in nihilism, quite the opposite in fact, if time is finite then it's even more precious.

Religion however does result in nihilism, life doesn't really matter much if you've deluded yourself into belief in the eternal hereafter.

these questions have been asked since the dawn of time...get the fuck over it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tl2wfM4YERI

totally agree, just stupid, emotional, snowflake people disagree

"blip" is sensationalism, not quantification.
>not getting the irony in not being able to quantify the idea that quantity makes life insignificant

The only thing that makes life "insignificant" is your own personal belief on the subject. I believe that my life has great significant. Ever single moment of it. My life has meaning because I believe it so.

literally fucking meaningless comment,

>muh i don't like your viewpoint so i basically make my own....

fucking emotional people. understand reality someday snowflakes

extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Really? Its the exact same thing nihilists do. Nihilists believe their life is meaningless simply out of belief, not out of knowledge or anything else. I believe mine has meaning. I choose to believe the opposite with just as much proof.

We're too sides of the same coin.

>meaningless simply out of belief

No, simple from facts of the real world snowflake. Nothing to do with our opinions

lack of belief =\= belief

Prove life is meaningless then.

Should be a fun challenge since "meaning" is entirely subjective.

I never said anything remotely related to what you are saying.

You're an idiot if you think you were put here for a reason. It's meaningless, but that's not a bad thing. Just relax and enjoy the ride, faggots.

>Prove life is meaningless then.
You can't prove a negative, the onus is on you to prove life has meaning in the first place

life is an eventuality, with a basic will to keep existing and nothing more

I have no burden of proof; I freely claim there is no proof all the same as you do. I merely choose to believe life has meaning regardless while you choose the opposite.

Everyone's life has meaning and sway on the world and the universe should we make it that far. You have influence over everyone that you know, the longer a person spends time around you, the more of you they consume and then pass on to another close to them. Every moral and immoral decision you make adds to the scales of good and evil in the world.

Your children and children's children leave their mark on the world thanks to you and your ancestors decision to create life. Your personality traits are passed on from parent to child over generations, each having a small fraction of those that came before.

Existence of the uncaring universe isn't what's important, it's your perspective, your story that gives meaning to you and those around you.

>I freely claim there is no proof all the same as you do. I merely choose to believe

well with that logic you can just make any shit up and believe in it

Earth is flat all of you dumb NASA believing sheep
1) Earth has no curvature - Check out chicago skyline from michigan shoreline 60 miles away.
2) Earth does not rotate - Place an aircraft gyro on latitudes sufficiently above the equator and watch it remain still. youtu.be/nUFMZkxochs?t=1h29m11s

Foucault has fooled everyone. Darwin and all the freemasons followed.

Exactly. That's exactly what the two of us are doing regarding the matter of whether out actions have meaning.

>Atheist here

I am part of the greater whole.
I have a duty and a responsibility, that is my meaning. Securing the existence of my people and a future for my children.

youtube.com/watch?v=NaUtwJetosA

The universe provides meaning on it's own, and you letting your own mental description on the way life seemingly may be worthless, is self-defeating, OP.

>You eventually die
>Everything slips into an inescapable unconsciousness
>Something is born somewhere
>Somehow it's meaningless

You might think this incidence of waking thought is temporarily, but it actually is part of the deal of something eternal. A lot of your own senses are common to your own delusion on how reality may really be. You can't travel faster than light, , so you can not validate that events transpire in the past outside yourself. So how can you say the past is a real thing. Maybe your brain is just making shit up that feels natural for you, and you think it's some tangible thing, even though it is clearly inaccessible.

this isnt necessarily true, many things and people are timeless like Jesus, and legendary mythical heros

Relative to the universe, your life is everything that has ever mattered.

>Relative to the universe, your life is less than a blip in time.

And ?

If we assume there is no afterlife for your conscious to inhabit, then that little blimp is all you have. Everything you can be is on a timer constantly ticking down. So you either do something constructive with your life or waste it sobbing over it's inevitable end. It's up to you.

I actually see it in reverse OP. People who believe in god or at least fate live their lives as if they are immortal. The bad people will be punished by life, so I don't have to do anything about it. I have been a good person, so something good will happen to me regardless of my other choices in life etc.

Nihilism is tied more with people who do believe in the metaphysical than with the ones who do not.

God doesn't exist and life is meaningless.
Au Revoir.