Does Sup Forums support the death penalty?

archive.is/jDQiC

After a 12-year interruption in executions, Arkansas plans an exceptional rush in late April, putting eight men to death over 10 days, before one of the state’s lethal injection drugs reaches its expiration date that month.
The governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchinson, signed proclamations last week in his latest effort to restart the state’s capital punishment program, setting four execution dates for the eight inmates on death row, between April 17 and 27. Two men would be put to death on each of the four dates.
If Arkansas follows through with that timetable, it will be carrying out the death penalty at a rate unmatched by any state since the United States resumed capital punishment in 1977, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a group that opposes capital punishment. In 1997, Texas came close, putting eight inmates to death in May and again in June, but not over such a short number of days, the group said.
The hurried schedule appears to be influenced by the expiration of a lethal injection drug in the state’s supply. Arkansas uses three drugs in executions, and its stock of midazolam, a sedative injected to start of the process, expires in April, the state has said. Its supply of potassium chloride, the final drug in the series, expired in January, but the state has said it was confident it could acquire more.

Why the fuck would you medicate a severed head?

bump

its wearing an invisibility cloak

Just make them work

Just make them contribute to society during their prison sentence, maybe give them "benefit" if they work really hard (not luxury, just better food, or a comfier bed, cheap shit like that)

I'm against the death penalty due to moral reasons.

It's never right to kill a restrained human being.

Look at this picture and tell me it doesn't give you creeps. Human beings are put to death in this room.

So it's ok to kill unrestrained human beings? How would you feel about reinstituting gladiator fights?

I don't think its that its restraints themselves, but more the excessive restraints meant just to shield the witness from the involuntary kicks and muscle spasms associated with being poisoned to death

why don't they just hang them or put a bullet to their heads?
I'd be really pissed if someone signed my death because of drug expiration date god dammit
just give me a gun and a bullet inside a ditch I'll do myself in you assholes

We should do with prisons altogether.

Minor crimes get heavy fines, serious crimes get the death penalty

we have no word on this man, let serious countries discuss. The ones that dont have judges that reduces a child rapist condemn cuz it did it with the lights off...

Why should they complain? they're getting put down anyway
They should be glad its not like Japan where they don't ever tell the prisoner when the execution is coming until they take them away to be hanged.

>before one of the state’s lethal injection drugs reaches its expiration date that month.

What happened to good old-fashioned firing squads? Is there a shortage of lead again?

>never right to kill a human being

But most serious criminals are niggers. What's the problem?

scum shouldn't be subsidized. the gene pool should be culled when necessary.

Maybe there should be a proceedings fee levied on criminals, and those who can't pay get gassed.

Nope

>murder is wrong
>it's only acceptable if the government commands it

Only for aggravated murder.

If you murder someone, you waive your right to live.

If you kill your son's killer, is it still murder?

I always thought I was against the death penalty. But then some scumfuck comes along and does something so heinous that you think twice.

Death penalty for aggravated murder sure. But don't just kill the fucks.

Harvest their organs, keep them alive as a vegetable. Save some lives and let the murder see what it's like to get by on one lung & no kidneys for a day or two to keep that heart fresh for implant.

>paying the pharmaceutical jew for "humane" poison.
just hang them its cheap and painless

If you kill someone, they win.

the only reason i'm iffy on it is because of the (few) people who have posthumously been exonerated by DNA evidence

people are incompetent all over, and that includes judges, prosecutors, defense attornies, and (especially) juries

if you have a motherfucker on video though, light his ass up

People these days would sue due to unnecessary duress in that the diagram did not present with such confusions as necks and torsos

Of course we support the death penalty. If there are people not contributing to society in a way that is more detrimental to have them around then not having them around then they should be put to death especially if it is clearly unacceptable in the way but they are living their life and pulling from resources then we put together as a society.

I mean I would prefer this. Put in on TV. Give me my Arnie movie.

(Though a good ol' fashion guillotine would be cool too)

What I don't understand is why they insist on using drugs to execute people. You open the door to horrible mishaps, and to disruptions in the drug supply if pharma companies refuse to sell them (as is what happened recently).

Argon is comparatively dirt cheap, and it guarantees a peaceful and effective death. Why do they continue ignoring inert gas asphyxiation?

That said, execution is bad because the state shouldn't be killing its citizens; there's been far too many people wrongly convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt". Or if there must be a death penalty, that same penalty should apply to the judge and prosecutor in the case of a (negligently) wrongful conviction.

>death penalty for accidental homicide
wew

Cowardice.

Men should be executed by each others hands.

Not this.

Negligent, not accidental. If new information came up that contradicted past evidence, there's nothing to be done and the actions of the court were still reasonable with respect to the evidence at the time. But if it can be shown that prosecutor deliberately withheld, or the judge deliberately ignored, evidence that would exonerate the accused, then it would follow that those individuals were intent on killing a man who they could not clearly demonstrate was guilty.

If someone falsely accuses you of a crime, surely it is reasonable that they should suffer the consequences you would have were you found guilty?

>If Arkansas follows through with that timetable, it will be carrying out the death penalty at a rate unmatched by any state since the United States resumed capital punishment in 1977, according to the Death Penalty Information Center
nice. making moves to break some records. Sometimes even this state can make you proud.

>So it's ok to kill unrestrained human beings?

It can be, if it's a case of self-defense or some type of legal killing.

It's never morally acceptable to kill a defenseless, restrained human being.

>"But they did something really bad 20 years ago!"

Sounds Jewish. Jews never forgive anything, they're still bitching and moaning about the Holocaust. They're still bitching and moaning about being slaves in Europe.

White people forgive one another. It's a White trait to forgive your fellow man, especially 20 fuckin' years later.

Oops, meant slaves in Egypt. Haha.

I think fatal opiate overdose should be acceptable. If I have a choice on how to go out I'd definitely take a fat shot of dope over this shit.

On the one hand prisons are expensive, on the other hand killing an innocent man is horrible if you are a normal human being.

The thing is that I'm not a good human being, if it was up to me I would kill all the serious criminals (killers, pedos, bankers) and let the low to mid criminals work as free labor for few years.

I do. We shouldn't waste money on lethal injections and other bullshit "humane" methods, though. Much more quick and cost-effective to put one's head under a guillotine or even in front of a firing squad.

I would say hanging or an OD of a more simple opiate. guillotine lacks what little dignity a criminal has left (leave it for bad politicians) and firing squad can be a delayed death.

>Harvest their organs
And then in a few years you find a business running out of this. Think twice.

I rather get executed by firing squad than to be strapped to a table and die like a dog