Why do French people hate English so much that they translate literally every english word into french even if their...

Why do French people hate English so much that they translate literally every english word into french even if their new word sounds stupid? Should English become the World language or should we stick to 200+ national languages? What are the benefits of having so many languages? Do you believe that the language shapes your mind and limits you if your language is shit at conceptualizing certain ideas? Why english? Is there a better language that allows you to express your thoughts better? From my experience english isn't sophisticated at all, but everyone uses it because it's so easy to learn.
Tldr. Is common language a good part of Globalism?

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1NcxAZUYk

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080625140632.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=J3RDYX1ToAw
webm.land/media/N3aw.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One language is boring..

This. Plus one language would mean one culture, globalisation and everything which comes with it.

It's practical to be able to travel around the world with only a few languages but I'd rather have people keep their languages and traditions as otherwise there is no point to travel.

As for English/French : it's not only French, as most reasonable languages don't just grab new words from other languages without modifying them. It's a basic problem of both coherency in the vocabulary and prononciation.

This said, fuck the English and their inferior language.

A French.

Because they have pride in their language, you dumb subhuman plumber.

Canadians do that

Why can't you have your own culture and one language? We have polish diaspora in USA and they keep the traditions alive even though they live in the fucking US of A.

Am I a different guy on Sup Forums?

sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080625140632.htm

>People who are bicultural and speak two languages may actually shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another, according to new research.

>All these flags speaking my race's language
Really makes you think

>they translate literally every english word into french even if their new word sounds stupid?
The difference with English is that we have almost no problem incoperating other language's words into our vocabulary. An English word is English because it is used in the course of the English language, not because of its origin.

Germanic words do resonate as more authentic and direct, but any word that comes into common use by English speakers could be, and regularly are, incoperated into the English language, no matter what the origin. English is never threatened by an expanding vocabulary.

But you all know he is right polish is shit language, only slavic language i don't understand either when people speak it or when I read it is same as Finnish to me ć, ń, ó, ś, ź, ż, ą, ę, ł, fucking shit language with hieroglyphs that cannot be written with human alphabets - so you need to know where this guy is coming from he needs to destroy his language to save humanity

This
I can't count the amount of anglicism me or my peers use.
Those canadians retards even translate movie titles

>Have pride in own culture and language
>Broadcast degenerate Japanese cartoons, but in French monsieur s'il vous plait

polish is not actually shit language fucking idiot like you just dont appreciate the its beauty..

Because the French are a very insecure bunch. They are very proud of their culture but they see the effect Hollywood has had in bringing English to the world. The French are terrified, but this fear they mask as anger at the British. I feel sorry for the French, their language is doomed.

>Why do French people hate English so much that they translate literally every english word into french even if their new word sounds stupid?
Because they are serious about preserving their culture even though it's mostly gone now anyway.

Riddle me this: if English became the only language worldwide but them mass long distance rapid communication technology is lost, how many generations would it take for it to break up into mutually unintelligible dialects?

Every anglicism you adopt sound gay as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=J3RDYX1ToAw

Off topic but I just want to say that language is a poison of the mind. It corrupts and replaces the natural language that all mammals speak. Those who control language control minds. Language is the basis of magic, and you're immune to its effects if you do not understand spoken language. They fear this.

Learning more languages voluntarily is idiotic. To do so is to subject yourself to an entirely different grimoire of spells. If you could unlearn English, you should. I would. I do not know how. It would be good if I did.

I'm drunk but still right. Resist.

Only French Canadians (Québec) do that. European French use more English words than needed, even using English words despite we having the same word already in our own language.

I don't understand. Are you upset about French people watching a Japanese cartoon dubbed into French instead of English?

Neet detected

Shit argument
At least it was relevant for quite a while even was used as diplomacy language in the eastern parts of Europe, like French. No one ever cared or will care about Norskecuck, oil Jew
I'm both proud of Polish and resentful of so many languages in the world. Its inefficient and not practical.

While you are correct, my net worth is about $450,000 and I own my own house.

So what if I never leave or talk to anyone outside Sup Forums? I may be a NEET, but I'm not a drain on society. In fact, I've contributed far more to society than I'm consumed, as reflected in my net worth.

Literally only French Canadians do that.

webm.land/media/N3aw.webm

Polish language is inefficient and not practical I suggest you speak Lithuanian, which is in fact the superior Aryan language.

Then stop saying fuck because it's gay

personally talking, me and my brother only talk in english, we started when he was 8 and i was 14 and we were playing runescape together,
now hes 23 and im 29 and we kept doing that.
He carried on with that tradition and only talks english with his friends, and his girlfriends.
Honestly talking german feels awkward af, the language is just so stiff.
Maybe german is the best language for literature because it has sophisticated words and lots of synonyms to precisely describe every color of emotion, but as a spoken language it sucks.
I speak german fluently, english and french on an ok level, and started learning turkish to be able to talk with the fucking roaches that are flooding this country.
english is superior over all of those, i hope it will become the universal language at one point

Learning Turkish to be able to communicate in your own country.

Especially this last year when you see every one use term like "pauste trouff"
(post-truth)

Libcuck are too strong here
Fuckin kill me already

>People who are bicultural and speak two languages may actually shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another, according to new research.
I spend so much time here that when I speak english I can only think about memes and ironic satire

speaking the common tongue is useful and refusing to learn English is objectively retarded.
That said, different cultures have different languages for a reason, i think the question of whether or not it's because language shapes your mind is a little too philosophical and not really important for this particular debate.
But as someone who speaks 3 languages at virtually native level I do notice my personality, humor and outlook on life/culture even changes ever so slightly depending on what language I'm speaking or thinking in.
So if you want to preserve culture you should preserve languages.

Ideally though everyone would learn more than one language just to be able to consume the media of different countires in it's original form.

For example here in Germany many of my friends actually understand and speak english rather well, but whenever a Hollywood movie, or english speaking TV Show comes out. They prefer to watch the dubbed version, or read the translated version of popular english books. For me that doesn't make sense at all, since a lot gets lost in translation, and whenever possible you should get unadulterated content.

>inb4 fedora

TL:DR: learn english is a great tool, keep your own language if you care about the culture that is attached to it. Translations are never great
and don't watch dubbed movies if you understand the language of the original version.

What I fucking hate with a passion is how they pronounce Brexit
Bregg kssit

Imagine you were beaten and defeated at every time

well you're polish im sure you know what it's like

but imagine poland was the second best, for 1000 years you were the second best country in the world, but one country kept you down, and was just better than you at every turn.

That's France's thought on England, that is their relationship. 100% peanut better and jam

Triggered!
Please don't start talking about pronouncing words! The French language is the absolute worst in the difference between spelling and pronouncing. Example: Hors d'oeuvre is phoneticly pronounced "whores" "do" "you" "va" "ree".... BUT the French pronounce it like "OR" "Der" "vah". If it's pronounced "or Der vah" then frigging spell it or dervish! Not crazy Hors d'oeuvre!

I feel a lots of times that English is better for explaining stuff than Hebrew.
it's kinda hard to explain.
For example, In English you will find detailed guides on subjects and in hebrew the guide will be much less detailed.(but I don't know if this is becuse of cultural or language difference, or maybe both)

If everyone will speak in one language it's will be easier to connect with people and share information.

English don't have gender to Nouns and Verbs, it's sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Overall I would rather that my English will be better and speak it as first language.

Language impacts how we think, as all thoughts and reflections must be spelled in our mind. Change the language, and you change the culture.

Bilingual people can switch their brains somehow, but that just confirms what I just said. It's also a reason why it's impossible to translate things perfectly. And also why some cultures are better to this or that type of literature.

If French stopped speaking french and spoke English, we wouldn't be french anymore. period.

Now of course it's practical to use English as a pidgin, and that's what we do when we have no other choice!

American living abroad here, it's sad everyone speaks English here. It's unmotivating to want to learn their language if everyone is perfectly fluent in English anyway.

>english isn't sophisticated at all
English is an easy language to speak basically, but arguably one of the hardest to master. It's as sophisticated as you make it.

>They prefer to watch the dubbed version
Here in Israel nobody like the dubbed version so we use subtitles.
dubbed version is running the movie imo

This, and no other

Also this. But this policy is the main reason English is the shittiest language to pronounce. You have to know from which language every word come in order to try to pronounce them, and then you are fucked anyway because depending on the time it was introduced in the English language, the alignment of stars at that time as well as the English speaker you have in front of you the pronunciation will change completely.

English is the brainfuck of natural languages.

>they translate literally every english word into french
last time I checked, English uses more French word than the opposite.

Let's rendez-vous the diplomatic attache and parley vis-a-vis the coup d'etat.

First of all, it's cool. We have a friendly rivalry, we do "hate" each other, but seriously, it's cool. We challenge each other and make each other great.

As for language?
Nah man, fuck that. The french need their own language as much as we need ours. Fuck globalism.
Let the french be nationalists and preserve their nation.

Like parking, shampoing, smoking, dressing, babyfoot, basket, planning...

All of them wouldn't be understood by an English speaking person. But yeah you must feel so English using those!

Having one World language is bad because both identity and the manner your brain works is tied to how you communicate to others. Thus there should be an interest in preserving relative diversity in thought to allow for a broad selection of thought to face the problems and challenges of tomorrow.

>Holywood
>good

Come on user, think for Christ's sake. Could you imagine France being worse? It certainly would be with Holywood.

Nice of you! Most Americans don't even bother to try.

It's interesting to note that with the exeption of the last century & the ascent of Germany, Russia & USA, the last millenia pretty much revolved around the France-England rivalry.

Wars, alliances and geopolitics in medieval & renaissance Europe ? France and England trying to fuck with each other.
Expedition in the middle-east and around the world ? France and England trying to fuck with each other.
Colonialism and their subsequent independance wars ? France and England trying to fuck with each other.
American's Independance ? France and England trying to fuck with each other.
European common market ? France and England trying to fuck with each other.

And today both nation have the same population, same GDP, same military power...

This is only true for educated people. American peasants use less french words and expressions.

But yes most of English vocabulary comes from French and Latin.

One world language is really kikeworthly though. English as second language it's ok but never first.

> Be French with poor English skills
> Sounds sophisticated nonetheless

French sound faggotic rather than sophisticated.

Well, it doesn't get you deported from America when you speak it in public.

Our best enemies!

They hate us because they thought they were the greatest continental power and then some tiny island to their North conquered large chunks of them and BTFO them for around 100 years, they tried to become a global power but we took Quebec and other large swathes of land from them, they tried to take the whole of Europe then we BTFO them and then while they were still salty about all this we liberated them twice from German and they resent us for it. Oh and they're also mad af that 'lingua franca' now basically applies to English, anything I missed lads?

Esperanto for everyone!

Too many not so young french are breastfed with shitty hollywood shows. And they are too stupid to understand why it could be a problem.

You would be surprised how many of them think that the American justice system is universal for example, and they don't understand why french cops don't say the same things as American cops. Etc.

sage

>Is common language a good part of Globalism?
It's the very essence of globalism.

France and America are and always will be the bastion of Western values. Why do fellow burgers always pretend to hate on France? They forged the foundation of Western enlightenment, morality, military might, and even the American nation.

We should co exist. America has taken her place as leader of the Western world but France will fight beside us as long as we accept them, and visa-versa.

Don't let meme-rhetoric tear us apart.
>muh white flag
>rifle brand new, only dropped once

Let's be real, for the West to face the onslaught of the next century we have to stick together.

Arise children of the fatherland
The day of glory has arrived
Against us tyranny's
Bloody standard is raised
Listen to the sound in the fields
The howling of these fearsome soldiers
They are coming into our midst
To cut the throats of your sons and consorts

To arms citizens Form your battalions
March, march
Let impure blood
Water our furrows

What do they want this horde of slaves
Of traitors and conspiratorial kings?
For whom these vile chains
These long-prepared irons?
Frenchmen, for us, ah! What outrage
What methods must be taken?
It is us they dare plan
To return to the old slavery!

What! These foreign cohorts!
They would make laws in our courts!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would cut down our warrior sons
Good Lord! By chained hands
Our brow would yield under the yoke
The vile despots would have themselves be
The masters of destiny

Tremble, tyrants and traitors
The shame of all good men
Tremble! Your parricidal schemes
Will receive their just reward
Against you we are all soldiers
If they fall, our young heros
France will bear new ones
Ready to join the fight against you

Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors
Bear or hold back your blows
Spare these sad victims
That they regret taking up arms against us
But not these bloody despots
These accomplices of Bouillé
All these tigers who pitilessly
Ripped out their mothers' wombs

We too shall enlist
When our elders' time has come
To add to the list of deeds
Inscribed upon their tombs
We are much less jealous of surviving them
Than of sharing their coffins
We shall have the sublime pride
Of avenging or joining them

Drive on sacred patriotism
Support our avenging arms
Liberty, cherished liberty
Join the struggle with your defenders
Under our flags, let victory
Hurry to your manly tone
So that in death your enemies
See your triumph and our glory!

Xd

For spanish people maybe. Most Spanish people are too loud and unsophisticated from our point of view. I like Spanish though. It's a purer latin language and very regular in its pronunciation.

You are only forgetting that what you call England is in fact french clay through the Normands. You never invaded half of France during the 100 year war; it was rightfully your territory through marriage and etc. Richard lionheart didn't even speak English and your kings didn't give much of a fuck about their kingdom as they had more valuable possession in France as dukes and what not. That is, until they tried to become king of France as well, and France stole all of your possessions.
You English were so salty that you slowly decided to drop french even though that was the original language of all your aristocracy.
You then tried to fuck us over for centuries, and you did succeed oftzn enough. We took revenge, and helped to make America great.

No, they hate you because you were butthurt about Napoleon and sold your soul by allying with shit-tier slavs and allowing slavery to continue in the east for another century. Stopped the advance of education, technology, morality, philosophy to the world. You were just jelly that you've never had a God Emperor of his caliber.

>BTFO them for around 100 years
then you got BTFO by a 17 year old girl fucking kek.

kys

Getting their asses kicked repeatedly.

They hate us because they know we are superior.

Fuck france, they can't even FREXIT.

It would probably make "sense" but it has about as much of a chance of happening as One World Government in the next 5 years

People simply don't always make the most logical choices

Spanish itself has many germanic and arab words, Occitan is the more latin language I'd say.

It's not about hating english, it's about preserving heritage, lot of english speaker see this as a form of xenophobia but it just isn't.

The language is the key to access your heritage, I speak french and so I can read pretty much everything from the Chanson de Roland to Molière to Rimbeau, if noone speak or write it anymore or if it becomes too bastardized it will end really fast as a dead language and so a dead culture, some of it would be salvaged and translated but 90% of the written cultural production will be only accessible by a handful of academics.

The irony is that is something you don't really realize before becoming bilangual.

I feel realy bad for Murica though. Spanish is unironically going to be co-official language there soon.

Now that's obsession
Don't you have better things to do on a saturday afternoon haha

>French people hate English

not true
germans in the other hands
fuck them (exept bavaria)

You have no need to learn a dead language that less than 2% of the world population knows.

Learn English.

English is easier to use and to practice. Organized. Efficient.

French is a clusterfuck of an elitist language. They should at least try to reform the past participles, but they can't even.

I'm a Quebecer, using French since I was a little baby. It's fucking trash, and French and other French-speanking nationalities know it.

There is no official language in the united states, Javier.

>French talking about preserving herritage.
>French have been cracking down on local far older cultures like Breton or similar ones like Occitan to the point of destroying them since a long time ago.
You are really the cancer of Europe aren't you faggots?

Really? I didn't know.

Doesn't seem dead to me considering I speak it every single day of my life like ~140 millions other do

dont blame us for your retardation mommy shouldn't have drink while she was pregnant

> Breton
> destroyed

Confirmed for never stepping foot in glorious 0.01% foreigners brittany. And I'm saying this as an Alsatian. Their culture is still very much alive over there, don't worry about them or what the cuckvernment tries to do to them.

I think you are confusing "french" with Arabic.

Infinitif Drink
Prétérite Drank
Participe passé Drunk

Literally programme de 6ème

Stop making us look like idiots, couillon

Yeah they're speaking 'English' not 'Australian'

cocu cocu cocu

>This said, fuck the English and their inferior language.

stop writing in English then.

Threadly reminder that there are 100% arabs/paki towns in the UK which is not a thing in France, threadly reminder that there are also Sharia courts where Sharia law is applied in the UK, which is again, not a thing in France.
Threadly reminder that the burqua is banned in France, which is not the case in the UK.
You are not better off than us Nige, in fact you are way, way worse.

You're not French mon tabarnak de chin tock

That's rich coming from a castillan scum.

Also occitans and bretons are french, that's the parisians who cracked down on other "patois" during the revolution, pretty much every french outside of Paris from Picardie to Aquitaine was a victim in the process.
Also happily their culture weren't destroyed because they are stlll here,

Cool story bro. Too bad your language is now getting bastardized even in your own country while you're acting like a stuck-up old cunt. I bet we talk better French here in Quebec than you and your trash "slang", and, as you gently put it, we're supposed to be "retarded hurr".
Just put your damn Academie to use for once and do the changes that everyone wants you to do instead of putting anglicism and acronyms in the fucking dictionnary.
>Muh Francophonie

tldr you are the one boring us with your problem

Jesus mate calm down it's just a bit of banter eh?

No need to go that far pal, just a bit of banter.

We are friends, right?

Maybe Aus can teach you how to banter properly.

I know a guy who told me some Bretons got triggered because he called them Bretons instead of French. And the Breton language is pretty much dead like Corsican or Occitan.

Seine Saint Denis is fucked thougth, sadly it is whère our former kings are buried

Fuck off I love French so much.
I admit my country is filled with leftist scum and degenerate mudslimes but God will I never betray my country!
On another note, I learned english because it was necessary to get some jobs and I accept speaking english with someone if they cannot speak french or have difficulties with it.

English in my opinion is one of the best language because of its simplicity. It's pretty logical compared to french and really easy to pick up and master. To master french you would need a much longer time.

Threadly reminder that you have mosques with muezzin blasting their call to prayers on speakers

>but God will I never betray my country!
Why are you voting for people who allow refugees in?

Occitan would be if it was not dead already...

The usa have no official language.

How could i shitpost here? I don't deny the practicality of English.

>Is common language a good part of Globalism?

Yes,English is language of Burgers promoted by UN.It's not even about English people it's more about American Jews.

What the fuck is your problem piérre?

I told you, your not doing banter properly so just stop.

Seriously don't make me come over there.

>mastering French takes longer time
Here in Quebec they're forcing immigrants to learn French. Immigrants don't give 2 shits about French language, they wanna learn English like the rest of canada

>quebecquois fight against the anglo blob during 250 years to keep their french heritage
>"durr durr you are stupid"

When SHIIT and millions of french move to Québec I really hope they will linguistically bully little smug niggers like you