Was he French or German?

Well, Sup Forums?

Neither he was Frankish

are the frankish french though?

Looks vaguely familiar...

Neither, he was a black man

He was Germanic. His peasants were French, though.

No, they were Germanic. They used to live in what is the Netherlands today before capturing Western Roman areas to the South.

WE

This

He was Dutch

The Franks lived on the other side of the Rhine before the fall of Rome, therefore they were Germanic. They eventually latinized and slowly became French. He was a mix but used Latin as culture language I think.

There were Germannic tribes, there were no French or Germans.

Linguistically, he would probably be the closest to the Dutch.
Culturally, he would be German.
His own tribe (and many others) eventually became the French.

>capsammochal people
>literally no results outside of one wewuzkangs website

They were French. He was the symbol of French syncretism: gallo-roman culture and law, Christian faith and Germanic customs.

Neither french or german identity existed at time.

He was a frank. That's it.
Their language was closer to dutch though

*Franks, You fággotés came to existence a bit later, maybe in the late 9th/early 10th century.

Read Nithard's Histories for an account of how modern notions of Germany and France (as well as their respective languages) were forged through the warring of his descendents in the 9th and 10th centuries

Probably Filipino

Frank so german. French kingdom was Gallo-roman people with german dominant class, and that's why it went so good. Revolution ruined it and since France struggle in internal conflicts.

Nen kuutlimbo

He's born in a place which is in Germany, he was German

Louis XIV kicked ass too hard.

>his father was Pépin le Bref, his son was Louis the first
of course he was german

>Oil and water are both desirable, but they will not mix. And the more I study the question, the more firmly am I convinced that the one supreme race is the Teuton. Observe the condition in the British Isles. The English are wholly Teutonic, and therefore dominant. The southern Scotch and eastern Irish are also of that blood—they certainly surpass their fellows to the north and west. The Welsh, who have no Teutonic blood, are of little account. Had it not been for the Teutonic infusion at the beginning of the Dark Ages, southern Europe would have been lost. Who were these early “French” kings and heroes that founded French civilisation? Teutons, to a man! It was the Teutonic might of Charles Martel that drove the Saracen Semite out of Gaul. Who were the Normans? Teutons of the North.

>Charlegmagne
You mean Friedrich der Große

100% french.
Would the german say that Charles Martel is german?
He may have found the HRE but he was just a french among other since clovis

You're about a millenium off there my friend

thanks Flemish user.

>not even his german name
you sure not from Charlemagne wood you stupid kraut

He was African you cumskinned revisionist!