How do I make education great again?

I'm going to be a history teacher soon because I'm autistic (high functioning) and it's my niche.

How do I make education great again, Sup Forums? It's no secret that teachers, especially in public schools, are overwhelmingly liberal. How do I redpill the youth and keep my job? Tenure and devil's advocate, I suppose?

I'm a junior and just finished my first student teaching experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have to be charismatic and have the kids like you

>more liberal

literally how

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions

Liberal: ~40%
"Moderate": ~40%
Conservative: ~20%

Liberal: ~60%
"Moderate": ~25%
Conservative: ~15%

Also keep in mind how standards have changed over the years, so things have actually skewed even worse than you thought. In 1990, a normal person was vehemently against gays and literally nobody accepted trannies. In 2014, you were a far-right neo-nazi if you used the wrong pronouns for trannies.

So now only have conservative professors gone down to 10%, but those people aren't even really conservative at all. They're just anyone who isn't totally on board with shoving HIV laced dildos up their own asses.

>american reading comprehension

So how can I possibly redpill the youth in a public school setting? I'm going to be graduating debt-free, it's an amazing opportunity. I suppose it mainly comes down to being devil's advocate and encouraging critical thinking. Explaining libertarianism should be easy enough.

Trying to fix it, one child at a time

gotta be subtle

nothing overt

if you want more freedom in what you teach become a college professor

I don't know the backroom office politics in academia.

I just know that I took an intro philosophy elective in college. I expected it to be nothing but SJW bullshit, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised when he was actually a really cool guy who would make arguments for the existence of god, why communism is shit, and used socratic questioning to make us think about whether democracy is inherently good.

There should be a rule that you need 10+ years of real world work experience before you can teach anyone anything.

The problem is people like you who go to school for 20 years then graduate and go teach in a school.

Being in the real world will make you into a conservative after a while.

I would love to do that! Like I said, I have the amazing opportunity to graduate debt free. I figure I get experience teaching in public school, raise a family (the government holidays will let me spend so much time with my future wife and children). Then I can get a Master's Degree paid for via the state. Then I can look into professor jobs.

>arguments for the existence of god

>implying individuals with autism have a good chance of succeeding in the business world

polonoium in there tea

Remove government. All these liberal ideas fester in universities because they do not have to work to exist. When one joins the private sector and opens a business theyll soon find themselves hit in the face by reality, theyll go from liberal to wanting fewer ridiculous regulations, fewer taxes and less government control of their shit. This transformation cant happen in this university and high school enclaves because of government shielding. Its why my university campus had so many damn communists. Stupid ideas grow and prosper when they arent put to the test in the real world.

Get government out of schools and unis, stop giving them blank cheques and youll soon find only those worth their weight will be still there. Goodbye Senior director of diversity fund management association engineer. When a school needs to teach what the people require it will go from having shitty marxists professors to people who have been in the private sector and enjoyed some success imparting their knowledge to others.

Also keep a tab on how many people went straight from primary school-middleschool-highschool-college-university-working in education. Youll find that number to be depressingly high. Youll be working among people who have never left the edcuation bubble

this. pipeline of school to school to college to back to school to now teach is terrible.

I would love for education to be privatized. Perhaps President Trump can make that happen. There's a bill in the House right now to terminate the Department of Education, actually.

>tfw stem
>profs seem moderate if not conservative, never bring up politics

in academic fields worth a damn, profs tend to look at politics as a frivolous exercise. It's entirely subjective so any effort put it into it is seen as meaningless; it's entirely opposite to what science preaches in which theories must be based on experimental evidence, which we model and analyze using math and statistics.

One of my eng prof's pet peeves was the whole "sustainable design" being pushed in the modern day. Which he said was a waste of time, dramatically raised costs, and the end result was nearly the same, only you paid for more expensive material.

He said there should be a rule. He didn't say the rule was for your benefit.

>implying politics and government action doesn't affect all education and the business world
Government money affects science and the free market. Regulations effect everything. Taxes effect everything.

The most important idea to convey is HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

If you can impart that to them, that should be a great stepping stone.

De omnibus dubitandum

A FUCKING LEAF

I am high functioning as well and my obsession is antique vending machines. I am not joking and it's not something I'm proud of.

The only reason I mention that is, it was very, very hard for me to comprehend, and it still is, on some level, that not everyone shares my passion. My obsession. I can't imagine trying to teach people about Cavaliers and Vendos but I can tell you that you have to know that your students will rarely if every have ANY passion for what you're saying.

I know for a fact that it will be a shock to fully realize this, and getting over that will be a great obstacle to your success as a teacher, but you must persist.

There's a bell curve of student interest, achievement, and ability. Some will have passion, some will not.

this and youll already be changing them enough. When you have them questioning all in front of them and able to reason and conclude on their own youve done enough.

You dont need to shove your ideology down their throats to cancel out the other side who is shoving theirs down at a much faster rate. Simply teach them how to vomit that shit back up

What we need is another Pearl Harbor or 9/11 to revitalize and unify the nation.