So now that we know 40+ hour work weeks are inhumane and only conducive to depression in adults- what would be an...

So now that we know 40+ hour work weeks are inhumane and only conducive to depression in adults- what would be an acceptable work week to implement?

Other urls found in this thread:

laraj.ca/AGwiki/uploads/Fascism/Germany/Otto Strasser - Germany Tomorrow (Part 2).pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

work them harder and longer, show them that depression is preferable to death

Hitler created the fourty hour work week, now they want to build upon Hitler's fucking policies? Really? Fucking facist CIS scum.

I think people worked on average for like 15 before the industrial revolution if I remember correctly

>boo hoo hoo muh 40 hour work week makes me depressed!
eat shit commie faggot. I used to work 60-70 hour workweeks and it was the most rewarding work of the year.

Split the week up into a full time a 3/4 time week

Full time works Monday to Thursday, 3/4 works Friday to Sunday

This creates more jobs, increases productivity of companies, and increases free time for people increasing happiness and productivity per hour. Businesses become 7 day a week businesses, unemployment vanishes, people will have 3 day or 4 days a week off every week allowing people to work on business ideas and passions as well as increasing family time

yeah rewarding to your boss

Employers can already implement whatever kind of week they want, they won't because there's no demand for it. Eat shit.

wow you sure BTFO me there. I guess all the extra money I earned was just exploitation by my boss

Theres no point in having having money if you have to work all the damn time

lazy cunts. 40 hour weeks are nothing

Have fun with your hyperventilations and heart problems when you are old.

nobody forces me to work, unlike in the USSR or North Korea or Cuba (aka, communism), which is the reason you're allowed to be a NEET

I already have ~150k in my portfolio, which on average I've earned 5% interest on each year. pic related

>No one forces me to work.

So you don't need to eat and you're just fine with not having a roof over your head?

???

Have fun being an ethnic minority when you're old.

even if I didn't have all that capital saved up and accumulating, I would still be able to live almost for free with either of my parents, one of my friends or one of my siblings

and even short of that there are plenty of homeless shelters that would take me in

>muh free stuff
eat shit freeloading bastard

sa-ge

>another boorish American trying prove how tough he is to a bunch of Mongolian anime fans by exaggerating his work hours
No one's impressed, kid.

I work from 6:30 to 3:30 and have a 15 minute commute each way. I get home and have from 4-9 to do whatever the fuck I want. It's really not as bad as you think.

laraj.ca/AGwiki/uploads/Fascism/Germany/Otto Strasser - Germany Tomorrow (Part 2).pdf

>cancuck whose job prospects are so poor he can't imagine anyone working more than 39 hours a week
lol

nice. I love early morning shifts like those

Anyone who says work isn't depressing is a lying faggot. No one in their right mind wants to work 40 hours for someone else and be told how important the customer/client is. Still preferable to poverty though.

>so defensive he missed the point this hard
I work full-time and on call at night half the time. I just don't behave like an obnoxious normalfaggot American about it.

we should just cut it in half.

3 day work week.

And to pay taxes till mid to late June. Literal slavery.

I think every race should get racially appropriate work weeks.

>asians
They all work 70 hour weeks in Asian countries, so let them do that.

>whites
In Europe the standard work week is like 35 hours max, so let us work about the same.

>blacks
Obviously they will be banned from the workforce in this scheme.

More than hours per week look at annuals

what was the point? that you don't believe I've ever worked a 70 hour workweek and that I'm behaving boorishly?

yeah, point taken, and disregarded

>40+ hour work weeks are inhumane
Bitch, do you know how hard you would have to work to simply survive if you had to do it all by yourself. Food, shelter, clothing, medicine, tools, energy, etc.

Those stories about old time pioneer farmers working from sunup to sundown are true. They had to do it to survive. They didn't get pick leave or paid vacation. They flat died if they didn't work 12-16 hours a day.

And you bitch about working 40 to afford you a modern lifestyle with a savings and a social safety net.

Fuck off, commie.

Work is making me horrendously depressed. Getting a new job isnt really an option. What should I do? Its really been getting to me lately

Where is your aryan work ethic poltards

One completed task a day.

Using hours is a horrible way to measure productivity.

Kill yourself.

sounds like you just have unfulfilling jobs and a bad attitude/work ethic

I can understand that working at BK for 40 hours+ would suck, but if you're engaging with people you enjoy being around and doing work that you feel matters, it's not hard to enjoy working.

What part of aryan means toiling away for rich cunts?

Jump off a bridge. Think about how much of a failure in life you are as you fall.

Honestly, at times this seems better than a 40 hours work week. At least doing it by yourself provides complete independence. Being cooped up in an office 8 hours a day doing bullshit work is mind numbing.

Now look at gdp/percapita/perhoursworked

what's your job? Why can't you find another one?

if you're stuck in a shitty situation there's nothing you can really do other than change your outlook

I work as a software developer. Doesn't matter what my job is or where I work, I will always feel like a domesticated lap dog if I have to walk into an office every day and do whatever my boss tells me to do.

In sum, germoney works 10 fully weeks less than you and still is comparable to some states..

As long as you didn't make the mistake of getting married or having kids, its always possible to downsize things.

>I have a bad work ethic and unfufilling job because I don't want to work for free half the year
This extrapolation makes no fucking sense and is false on both accounts. What a predictable shitpost. This board is really getting stale.

Then go get a job as a diesel mechanic or construction or something.

Work doesn't have to be in a soulless cubicle.

Your faggot-ass chose that job. You can unchoose it. Just remember that jobs that involve working outside with your hands don't tolerate wimps. Being a soft-handed goldbrick pussy is going to end your career quickly.

I get to work 1:30 hours late consistently, and I take a 1:30 hour lunch break.

So I "work" around 25 hours per week. And even when I'm sitting in my desktop I'm usually lurking Facebook and shit. So I do around 2,5 hours of real work per week.

I'm still highly dissatified with the wagecuck life.

We will soon only have to work three hours a week on community projects of our interest.
Look up Ubuntu.

40+ hours isn't the problem, OP.

It's the fact that those 40+ hours usually go towards something the worker has absolutely no passion for, and has no sense of accomplishment even if they are a great employee and worker.

We are in an age of stagnation. One might say we are in an age of innovation and change, but we aren't creating/inventing anything new we just get caught up in rehashing the same thing over and over again. The innovative and inventive dreams people use to take pride in and act upon have long died out. People no longer try to solve problems, only bitch about them and try make sure everyone knows they're right and there's no room for question.

Maybe the next age will rekindle that burning spirit of imagination and inventiveness, but not us, not the way we all are now.

>for rich cunts
lol. Is that your only argument? That rich people are managing you?

You work hard for YOURSELF, not for anyone else.

yeah, I'm fine with other countries working more efficiently than the US. The
>muh 60%
meme is real, and our education system really sucks and is not designed (as it should be, and is, in Germany) to produce productive citizens, it focuses more on "muh liberal arts".

I take it as a point of greatness that the US worker is willing to work harder to achieve more, even though the work is less productive per hour.

I don't like taxes either user. And yes, you have one of those two if you are seriously depressed about going to work every day.

It seems like those (antiquated) feelings are getting in the way of your emotional well-being. If you're doing something you enjoy, enjoy it! If your boss is ungrateful or treats you badly, there are plenty of ways to remedy that, especially in (((Canada))).

>come strolling in with this passive aggressive bluepill attitude
Why are you even on Sup Forums?

No thanks Pablo, I'd rather make money using my brain instead of my hands.

>Wake up at the crack of dawn
>Force food down your face
>Work 12+ hour shifts
>To exhausted on to even do shit on your off days
>All so your rich cunt master who never had to work a day in his life can continue to draw revenue from your efforts.

Yes. It is my only argument because I dont need another one. This system is shit.

>bluepill
>being rich, enjoying your job
nice try shlomo

back to /leftypol/ with you

>here are plenty of ways to remedy that, especially in (((Canada)))
>It seems like those (antiquated) feelings are getting in the way of your emotional well-being.
Again why are you on Sup Forums? The world isn't static and as everyone can see here it's reaching a tipping point. You still going to be peddling this schlok when the federal funds rate rises and our fragile economy is pushed into a mega recession?

>All so your rich cunt master who never had to work a day in his life can continue to draw revenue from your efforts.
are you referring to the stock holders, or managers by "rich cunt masters"?

I can assure you 90% of people in those positions work 40+ hours a week

You would know this, of course, if you weren't a NEET Marxist ideologue

>This system is shit.
That's both the implicit and explicit realization Sup Forums is based on a.k.a redpill but you got guys like that coming in here with their self-righteous cuck attitude pretending that he still lives in a capitalist system.

what is your point exactly? Sounds like you're the bluepill, choosing to be pessimistic when 1. you don't have to be and 2. apparently there is literally nothing you can do about your situation that would stop you from being pessimistic with your current mindset

>what would be an acceptable work week to implement?
Organize into a union, and fight for fair pay based on the hours required. It is that simple. I am paid very well because of the hours I work. I do not work more than I am required, and no amount of "We will get you back later on " lies from my employer are honored. Pay me. That is why I go to work, to get paid.

Stop listening to liberals, leaf. It's bad for the brain.

Do you honestly think tradesman don't use their brains?

I'll remember that the next time I bill out a job at $75/hr for me to show up and troubleshoot.

Enjoy your slow death in a cubicle under fluorescent lighting doing a job you hate where most of what you do amounts to nothing while collecting shitty pay as just another corporate drone. Or just hang yourself now and save yourself the suffering that is your continued unfulfilled mediocre existence.

Oh shit if you hate working so much why don't you just be one of those rich cunts lol kid

It's called being a realist. I can still live my life to the fullest without going through it with rose-colored glasses like you are. Shocking I know.

>work 60 hours a week
>dont get depressed because my job is fun and I hire my friends
Easy as fuck

>the system, man!
lmao. Commies and leafs can't into appropriate specificity

Mangerial types who work like that though tend to WANT that lifestyle, and they get all sorts of material benefits from it, at the workers' expense.

In Australia where I live, most stocks are held by women (it'd be similar in the US), most companies have active hiring of women and women can also marry for money. Most women don't take the lowest-tier jobs in the economy...

So these men are basically working their lives away for money to be cycled up the chain towards people who don't deserve it, don't "contribute", and who don't mind living oblivious lives.

Why should I allow myself to be cucked by that system? Why work hard 40+ hours a week so some boomer who just happens to have an economic advantage he\she aquired only by being born at the right time and voting for self-serving policies, can buy shit they don't even need? As a young male I'm competing against a huge number of immigrants and women in the workforce, in an inreasingly automated economy - and the major people benefiting are these boomers.

except nobody hires wage slaves (i.e. non salaried individuals) for 40 hour a week jobs

IT technician here.

When my employer started wanting me to go to work 6 or 7 days a week permanently for 10+ hours a day, I pretty much just stopped caring.

I used to get a lot of work done when I had weekends off and I could go home after 8 or 9 hours.

Now, I do practically nothing. I walk around and talk to other people who are doing the same thing as I am. Mandatory OT not only decreases productivity per hour, but it decreases total productivity as well.

it's called being a LOSER!

hope you got paid time and a half for overtime at least

Are you doing surrogate children? I've always wondered if NEETs can do that.

I bet you'd bust your ass in the Soviet Union while yelling at your disenfranchised peer "LMAO COMMIES WAT U HATE CAPITALISM?"

>being this underaged
I accept your concession.

stop with this trade meme bullshit

these jobs pay relatively high because they're physically dangerous and deteriorate your health with time. good luck welding when you're blind by age 50

That's alright, I intend to kill myself around that age.

>What should I do?
Ask someone who has a job they don't like. Try asking your dad, if you know him. You either need to suck it up and put on your big-boy-pants or find a new job. Not getting a new job is not an option if you will it.

Mind over matter. Everyone works to survive, unless you are a muslim refugee.

>managerial types
>at the workers' expense.
if they're doing their job they're actually increasing the productivity of the worker and therefore their pay. Why do you think co-op workers make less than normal companies' workers?

>most stocks are held by women
not in the US, not by a longshot, LMAO. not everyone lives in a nanny-state feminist hellhole

>Why should I allow myself to be cucked by that system?
You shouldn't be. I would catch the first plane out of Australia and into Signapore if you have any marketable skills.

That being said, it is still possible for you to benefit from trade (in this case in the form of your labor) with these individuals, even if they grab more of the surplus from the trade than you do.

>Why work hard 40+ hours a week so some boomer who just happens to have an economic advantage he\she aquired only by being born at the right time and voting for self-serving policies, can buy shit they don't even need?
Life is unfair, no excuse for you to be unfair to yourself by choosing to be a loser (unless you get NEETbux somehow... I don't know how welfare is in Australia)

seriously though, think about it:
>person A and person B have the exact same circumstances and opportunities
>person A is happy
>person B is unhappy
You are person B in this situation, and I would consider you a LOSER.

4 10s.

>stop with this trade meme bullshit
Not all trade jobs will burn out your retinas like welding...Infact, you don't have to weld your entire career. I don't weld, and I make just as much as a welder. Plenty of great trade jobs out there. Id rather be a tradesman than some dime-a-dozen office slave. I get paid, and support my entire family. I get no outside help. I own my own home. I own my vehicles. I own my job, it doesn't own me.

Better yet, I enjoy my job. It is something new every day. I am not afraid to lose my job because I am overqualified. Tell me about your 4 year degree and $40-60K debt that will take at least 10 years to repay.

>makes assumptions about people
>types loser in all caps
Run back on to reddit self-important little child. You're just perpetually butthurt because Canadians weren't nice to you in this thread.

yeah you can really read the butthurt from my posts

oh wait, those are your posts I'm detecting butthurt from

hmmm....

I am lucky enough to enjoy this type of schedule while making 40 hours. 3-4 day work weeks go by very fast and I truly feel refreshed going back into work.

This would be the ideal work week. A two day weekend feels like nothing.

>I'm not buthurrtt you're Butthurt!

Most trades are no more physically difficult than a day of excercise. Example, I work in security, alarms, cameras, access control, fire alarms, etc....

While I do have some shitty days crawling through roofs, 90% of my time is spent walking around, climbing up step ladders and sitting in one place to fix a problem. The same with many other trades like electricians and plumbers. Not exactly back breaking labour.

'Cmon, be honest. It isn't the job or the health things that you are scared of. It's the loss of status. You were supposed to be one of the privileged white-collar professionals working in a nice clean office with your degree. You were supposed to tell all us little people what to do and make all this money and get all the fancy cars and nice houses and sweet poontang.

But you got to the real world and you found out it doesn't work that way and you are just another overqualified office drone nobody with an inflated who-gives-a-shit degree.

That's why you are pissed at your job now. That's why you would never deign to work a blue-collar job. You see these things as below your status. That's what this is all about.

I work 3 days a week 12 hour shifts and make about 90k after taxes.
I have so much free time while my friends work 5 days/wk and can only go out Saturdays. Fuck that life