Wyoming

Anybody ever lived in Wyoming?

What's it like? Is it fun or depressing?

Other urls found in this thread:

nps.gov/grte/learn/photosmultimedia/photogallery.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Wyoming
youtu.be/IxlvxvG8zOE
youtu.be/Mc_wQWcp3OU
youtube.com/watch?v=EwZob8uKao0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you like mud?
if yes go live there

it gets real fucking cold

Mud? what?

stop posting "mike"

I have been watching the show "Longmire".

I want to move to Pennsylvania but I also like the aesthetics of Wyoming now too.

Any input appreciated. I like small towns and I want to be a cop.

Wyoming looks rad if you love freedom and the outdoors.

I'm sure the nightlife and food scene sucks, but who really gives a fuck about any of that garbage anyway

Great show.

Longmire is actually filmed in New Mexico.

I've been there, it's a fucking gorgeous state.

>Mudslime cartoonist talking about mud
I believe it

>nightlife and food scene sucks
You'd be surprised. I don't live in Wyoming, never been there either, but I live in Montana and Missoula especially has a crazy food and nightlife scene, as does Kalispell/Bigfork/Whitefish, especially the food part.

Boalsburg, PA is a lovely town and is right next to state college. Check it out.

Never lived there but drove across I-80 many times when I was a trucker. It's the most desolate state in the union, save for maybe North Dakota.

At the time I never thought about living there but now that I am completely fed up with "diversity" it's looking mighty appealing.

Don't move to Pennsylvania unless you're moving to amish country or the west of the state (middle of nowhere.)

Wyoming, on the other hand, is entirely white.

Intradasting, didn't know that. Is Wyoming nice?

Thank you, I will check it out. I dated a girl near Pittsburgh and I really liked her area.

I was in West PA alot this summer because I dated a girl who lived near Pittsburgh and I enjoyed the area.

So you dated a girl name Pittsburg?

I'm from Pittsburgh too. Great city but really lib

Fucking Californians; can't you leave anyone's sate alone?

That was all filmed mostly in new Mexico though. Very little is filmed in wyoming.

Mike who? The guy who made these comics and raped your whore mother?

It's full of Americans.

It was a nice city, the areas around it were pretty. Great friendly people in the red counties around Pitt.

Is Wyoming a nice state?

Wyoming fucking sucks

It doesn't even have a costco

I'd like to know too. I'm planning on visiting there, try to get to both Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

Potatofag (not the Irish kind) here

Great place. Kinda empty and bleak sometimes tho
I visit it often and it has great places to visit.
Beautiful scenery
Jackson hole is great town but expensive

Idaho > Wyoming

Where I'm from, Costco only attracts cheap shitskin immigrants who cook enough food to feed an army

I really like all those states. New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, and Colorado. If I didn't live in Texas I'd be in one of those states.

Where I'm from Costco is where all the rich conservative white people shop and Sam's Club is what you describe

>hating on costco
there is a lot more than food there m8

Nice
I dont hate costco, only the people it attracts

Do they have Sam's in Canada?

Just drove through WY, CO, and Nebraska for a ski trip. The first two states are very beautiful but very desolate, NE is empty and ugly

I don't think so, I have never seen one on the East Coast.

Yeah it's alright. Northwest part is amazing.

Even the rolling prairie deserts of the rest of the state is pretty nice. I like it at least.

I live in a terrible liberal leaf city and it's making my life miserable. I just need to finish my last year of school next year and I am moving for good.

Visiting PA was one of the most rejuvnating experiences ever.

I have been to Washington, Oregon, California, New York, Massachussets, and Pennsylvania.

I like my current location (Indianapolis) way better, if I want or need something I can literally just drive somewhere in 2 minutes lol, in Wyoming I was far from even a small town

The people here are more neurotic and antisocial than the people you encounter in Wyoming for the most part, that's what I don't like about the city, people are socially retarded, fake, there's less of a sense of camaraderie or whatever, I guess because whatever person you're interacting with is probably not going to matter to your life in the grand scheme of things. People will be super rude and shit and no one will really do anything, they just want to leave and never see them again

Wyoming isn't depressing, I've been back though and it kind of creeps me out being so far from civilization, like if somebody decided take advantage of the isolation and take me as a hostage sex slave or something I'd be fucked lol, but people don't do that shit where I'm from, you never have to lock your doors or anything like that

Is it fun? Uhh I guess, I mean I wasn't like a cowboy or anything lol I mostly did the same shit I do now. It's pretty fun to be like, the only dude in a 50 mile radius that a girl would consider fucking, lol. You don't need any of that PUA faggotry in the mountains

The mountains are a way better environment than here, Indianapolis is just flat and suburban, I love the scenery in Wyoming. The people aren't retarded like they are in the South, Wyoming is a red state but it's not god damn Mississippi

But again it is kind of lame when I go back, that there's no real restaurants or bars or whatever nearby, but my family is ok too

Pennsylvania has more cities and is full of Amish who are pretty cool. Wyoming has the lowest population (i think) is bitterly cold, but extremely beautiful in an ancient sort of way. Parts of the Wyoming landscape look unchanged from prehistoric times. I actually like both states

Fucking Sams Club...my redneck uncle buys barrels of mayo from there.

I'm from the UP of Michigan originally, but I moved to Chicago.

I kinda know what isolation is like, but that's not quite as isolated as Wyoming. The scenery and different lifestyle looks attractive to me in Wyoming. Hiking mountains, fishing, shooting guns, basically no police ect. ect.

That shit would be fucking sweet. But I also know how depressing rural isolated places can be. Shit drives me nuts after a while.

Laramie is cool.

wyoming is a less cucked but otherwise shittier version of colorado

Just remember to pay for your drugs.

I heard it's full of faggot cowboys.

>I want to move to Pennsylvania
no you don't

Full of white people but not the kind you see in those "what if the Nazis would have won" photos. Low crime, it's cold, cheap housing, few jobs. Simple rural people mostly. I grew up in south Texas but I've been living in northern Wyoming for a few months now.

It doesn't get more American/Redpilled than Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. I hope to move there soon.

are there people to hang out with?

Is hiking the mountains cool?

All true. It felt like being in a black hole. If you don't bring enough money in, there's no way to make enough to get out.

It's still winter so everyone is still inside but you can probably meet some people at work or if you're an outgoing person you can meet some people at a bar or something. The mountains are pretty fun, most people go snowshoeing or snowmobiling. I live in a town with about 2000 people so it's hard to make friends.

That's how living in the UP of Michigan felt.

Like totally hopeless. Like it would take a miracle to get out of town and get set up somewhere else.

What's the bar scene like in Missoula? I'm imaging it to be a total sausage fest. Seems like a hard place to get a gf - and I live in Denver where the male to female ratio is 5:1.

Teton County is full of cucks (which is a shame - since it's probably the most beautiful part of the state), rest of the state is based.

t. Sheridan, WY resident

its based
lived there all my life
cant wait till im done with college so i can go home
we lived near grand tetons
fucking beatiful
nps.gov/grte/learn/photosmultimedia/photogallery.htm
only idaho and montana come close

also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Wyoming

Real pretty
Lots of wind
Antelope
Brutal winter
Secret billionaire hideouts

Wyotech fag here. I lived in Laramie for a year for school.

The university of Wyoming is there, so the nightlife wasn't bad for a 19 year old.

LOTS OF DRUGS. I only drink so I never got involved but EVERY party there was always weed, coke, MDMA, etc. they call it the "White West" for a reason.

If you like off-roading/hiking stuff, the Happy Jack mountains are right outside town up I-80. Was always partying up there when it was decent outside. I'm from Illinois so seeing the stars at 8000 ft sea level compared to 500 is amazing.

Fort Collins was only about and hour drive away. Went there for the weekend many times with friends.

Like other anons said, cold as fuck, snow was sticking by late September, but scenery was beautiful. Always clean crisp air.

Also traveled to and worked a job in Jackson hole for a week after I graduated for a company I got hired with in Texas.

Rich as fuck town, Sandra Bullock and Justin Timberlake were rumored to be there when our crew was. I bought a $60 steak that was amazing at some restaurant.

I find it comfy. I've been living in SoCal for the past 7 years against my will (Marine Corps). I like the small town feel and the low cost of living.

Teton County back in early 90's was great.
Now, not so much.
Eastern Wy based but windy AF

I interviewed for a job in Laramie, but didn't get it.

I'm living in Illinois right now and I don't like it. Does laramie not have any jobs?

How's living in Wyoming and Texas in comparison to Illinois?

depressing a cold andd well die from the super volcano i would never live heere given the choice

Too remote for me but you could live in a fucking castle in Wyoming for the price of a small, shitty house in any major west coast city

When i was young me and my family went to yellowstone national park which spans Montana Wyoming and Idaho and wven tho i was young as fuck i can still remember visiting Jackson hole. It was fucking beautiful, if i could live anywhere in the world itd prolly be im Wyoming or Montana in the middle of fucking no where. That or somewhere in Alaska, i love cold weather even tho i grew up in Georgia and still live here.

Not that I looked into, where in Illinois are you? And ehh it's okay. We were in Houston metro area and it was full of spics and niggers.

I'm back home finally in central Illinois and it's comfy.

i live in casper and am drunk ama

Is getting drunk about the only thing yall have to do when you're bored?

Cuz that's all i fucking do anyways lel

HOLY SHIT, A WYOMING THREAD!
I had been planning on moving to Wyoming for a few years, and I've been to Cheyenne twice.
Only problem for me is, there's no jobs, unless you wanna work in the oil industry or wanna work for a distribution center.

What attracted me to the state were the lax gun laws (all the politicians there are pretty much in the pockets of the NRA :thumbup:), and zero state personal/corporate income tax.

Further north, you have Wilson and Jackson Hole. That's where all the Californians that were priced out of the housing market in Colorado decided to move. Can't find any real estate that's under a few million.

Tell us what it's like to live in Wyoming. What do you do on a daily basis? What do you hate most about living there? What do you like about living there?

Are you me?

Chicago suburbs. I've been deciding if it's worth moving west (Wyoming, colorado, new mexico)

I have some friends out west and some of them say "Yeah definitely fuck the Midwest" but others say "Doesn't matter where you are, everything becomes mundane after a while so just focus on making money"

That's funny. When I went to Wyoming for a job interview last year, the guy interviewing me was totally blasted. Is drunkenness just common there?

that and getting high but bc they they all in this panic mode about meth get drug tested often so cant do so much
i work, feel, tired and get high or drunk, its green 3 months of the year the rest is brown or white, people are kind of friendly otherwise nothing
yea most common crime here is drunk driving i think

>planning on moving here
dont

Fuck off Mike

Well unlike some people i can respect smokin some reefer to chill out. But ya sounds like id enjoy Wyoming. Ive never been much of a people person so being isolated wouldnt bother me too bad its just i have no fucking clud what i could do to support myself.

t. 20 year old

lol k bud
the economy and job market is failing bc we depend on the gas and oil market. and since gas is 2 doll hairs we are getting fucked in the ass. now think of your fav restaurants and google them bc they prob arnt here. and as for jobs, a job is easy a fuck to get here bc turnover is so high. i dont understand how u arnt understanding DONT MOVE HERE ITS A SHIT HOLE

Dude, those are all Liberal shit-hole states.

Lel just be a fucking drug dealer then!

Favorite restaurants?! I usually eat homemade food whether it be me, or my family making it, i prolly go out to eat like twice a month idgaf if there aint any restaurants.

But if its that bad man how are you still making it?

would you recommend someone making a comfortable salary working from home to move there? is it easy to meet people?
in cheyenne, they seem to have all the chain restaurants and two walmarts, so it doesn't seem necessary to leave town often.
how fast is the internet? i imagine if you get a few acreage and build a house, you'd have to relegate yourself to satellite internet because the cable company wouldn't wanna run their lines out to your property.

drinking alcohol and am moving soon
no, sure if u join faggot clubs and go to fnm or something, u get charter and it DCs for like 20 secs every once and awhile

literally the only state worth living in america.

70% voted for trump

the least cucked state in the USA

Best of luck to you user.

youtu.be/IxlvxvG8zOE

It gets cold up there but it's beautiful, been up there a few times to visit a few friends. Bring a jacket.

youtu.be/Mc_wQWcp3OU

This. Cold af, though. -30 to -50 windchill in January and February.

i worked outside on the coldest day of the year and in blizzards, quit being a bitch

Pittsburgh is one of the least lib cities in the country. Yeah it's still a libshit hellhole but compared to almost every medium or major city in the country outside of maybe Fort Worth and Oklahoma City its a paradise.

Longmire is hilariously inaccurate. Haven't seen much of it because I can only watch a few minutes before I have to retrieve my sides.

Yeah, the entire I-80 corridor is like hell, and is unfortunately the only impression most people get of the state, but it's much nicer in central Wyoming and Northern Wyoming is gorgeous.

its like brokeback mountain

>Idaho

THAT YOU ARE

youtube.com/watch?v=EwZob8uKao0

Move to Alaska and be safe from the super volcano instead.

Born and raised here. Going to uni and then getting out. Other than school work, I mostly just fuck around on the internet. Unless you're an outdoor person (those kinds of people love it here) there is almost nothing to do. It's incredible the kind of urban and suburban amenities people take for granted that just Don't exist here. Being able to drive 20 minutes in any direction and be completely away from the world is nice though.

You're not exaggerating the hell part.

Driving through Wyoming on 80 scared the shit out of me years ago. Insane winds, more semis on the road than ordinary cars, getting boxed in by three semis at a time on every side.

How do people drive in Wyoming indefinitely without getting smashed into a gory mess?

the 75 mph speed limit doesn't make the situation any better.

We pay close attention to road condition reports and we try to avoid driving at night/ in bad weather as much as possible. Lot of family trips get cut a few days short because the roads will turn to shit if they stay any longer and Wydot's standard of road closure seems to be 'if you have a chance of not dying horribly, I guess it's fine'. I've never come as close to dying as I have a couple if times on I-80 in winter.

>most common crime is drunk driving
isn't it like that in montana too?
wyomings tied with colorado for most aesthetic state, montana is close tho

KS here

midwest is shit tier, out of everywhere ive lived in the country the Oklahoma, ks, nd, wyoming, utah, shit is the absolute worst

its a dead dustbowl with next to no people or industry

also it gets real fuckin coldout of nowhere because of crazy wind

is it depressing in those places?

I drove through Oklahoma and Kansas once. COuldn't fucking believe it. Seriously could not comprehend how flat and empty it was.

I wanna do it again just because it feels like drugs