Bakers Forced To Pay $135k For Refusing To Bake Cake for Gay Wedding

dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/christian-bakers-forced-to-pay-135000-for-refusing-to-bake-cake-for-gay-couple/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

>Two Oregon Christian bakers tried to appeal a judge’s ruling that forced them to pay $135,000 to a gay couple Thursday.

>The Klein’s attorney argued that Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian and the Bureau of Labor and Industries broke federal law by telling the Kleins to pay money to the lesbian couple.

>Their attorney also asserted that the state violated the Klein’s right to free speech, religious freedom and due process.

>The case started four years ago when Rachel Bowman-Cryer came to the shop to taste cakes with her mother for her upcoming lesbian wedding. Aaron Klein refused to bake a cake for her wedding, though Bowman-Cryer had previously purchased a cake from the shop.

>Bowman-Cryer and her wife filed a complaint against the bakery shop and a judge ruled in their favor. The judge said the Kleins broke an Oregon law that prevents places that cater to the public from discriminating against gay people.

Land of the Free, amirite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S41O5VMcDZw
lifesitenews.com/news/denmark-forces-churches-to-perform-same-sex-marriages
unsafeschools.org/the-australian-safe-schools-program-la-trobe-university/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus solved this a long time ago. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God what is God's. Caesar says it's alright for gays to marry.

you have a right to not run a business but as a business you fall under the regulation of the state.

/thread

Not really

Read the full article.

The fine will most likely be over turned when it goes to court.

You can't force religious beliefs into someone.

Imagine if the bakers had been Muslims. Especially in your county Nigel.

"The law cannot compel an architect to design a church,” said Adam Gustafson, an attorney for the Kleins. “It cannot compel a rabbi to marry a Christian and a Jew.”

keep me posted you fucking idiot

They haven't refused service, the complainant has asked for a service which they do not provide.

They supply wedding cakes for normal people.

This individual is not a normal person, therefore they have no cakes for them.

>You can't force religious beliefs into someone.

so the bakers are eternally btfo?

Jesus Christ, when will they learn... You're supposed to just spit in the cake like a good christian.

>not Cumming in the cake

This isn't over. Hope Gorsuch is confirmed by the time it reaches the Supreme Court. I think Kennedy would probably vote in favor of those asserting religious liberty, as he did in Hobby Lobby, as did Roberts, and of course Alito, Thomas, and almost certainly, Kennedy.

die you hypocrite

>not baking a cake in the shape of a YUGE cock n balls.

So what if I set up a bakers called 'Heterosexual Wedding Cakes', which sells only heterosexual wedding cakes.

How on Earth could they force such an enterprise to alter their business model?

Not in America britfag. Here the state nor government can force you to do anything that is against your religion.

The judge and the lesbians have forfeited their right to live. The tree of liberty gotta be littered with the blood of tyrants.

Masturbation is a sin, my friend. Although I guess you could blow your load into your qt 3.14 gf and then get her drip it into the cake batter.

The bakers are the ones with their own beliefs deciding what services and products they want to provide in their shop.

The gay couple in that case, are the ones going to their shop and forcing them to adhere to their relatively recent beliefs and idea that same-sex marriage should be accepted (even though the whole point of marriage is that it's between a man and woman, to encourage having kids and the nuclear family unit).

They can go to shops that provide the service or bake their own cake. Just like business shouldn't be forced to have tranny bathrooms, they shouldn't be forced to suit every service and product they have for gay weddings.

but thats what happened...

It's a gay wedding, brah. They'd love that shit, and you'd end up
>serving thousands of gay couples...

>beliefs
>religious beliefs

these are not he same thing

What are the chances of the dykes being kikes ?

what does christianity have a law against providing goods and services for money now ?

The easy way around this is to be a "religious" bake shop and/or require customers to sign up for a membership to the store (like Costco), making it a private club.

Both these variables were known, so I don't have any sympathy for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=S41O5VMcDZw

>leaf
Woof

this

you make yourself a public service and refuse to serve the public based on your religious beliefs you better get ready for jail

if you dont like that then you better move to a country that has less regulation

>jail
At least no homosexuals will bother him there

>if you dont like that then you better move to a country that has less regulation
Right, if you don't like a stupid and discriminating law that is being pushed, you should quit your job, abandon your house, your family, and you motherland, and move to another country.

Go to a different store.

Problem solved.

Forcing a private businesses to do something that they don't want goes against the very idea of capitalism.

No he didn't you pathetic little faggot. Render == Taxation, not being a disgusting faggot. Literally kys you disgusting sodomite

Homos should be fucking gased

>a private bakery has to accept business from a lesbian couple
>a private social media company can ban people for speech they disagree with

kek

The meaning was that affairs of the state are inconsequential, your ultimate reward waits in heaven, you yourself must merely follow His teachings.

kek

exactly.

America isnt zion. It's a country run by democratically selected officials who decide what you can and cant do. you haave the freedom to vote but that doesnt mean you can do whatever you want. the government you live under says you cant do something you cant. they will lose the appeal because theyve already lost in a democratic court.

even if they win the appeal they lost originally based on the laws of the land so right now they aare criminals. appeals are just pity for retards

>russia

>mohammed

>Both these variables were known, so I don't have any sympathy for them.

Gay marriage was only legalized in 2014.

Also the next step is that they'll force religious institutions to cater to them anyway.

Denmark Forces Churches to Perform Same-Sex 'Marriages'
lifesitenews.com/news/denmark-forces-churches-to-perform-same-sex-marriages

Kill yourself faggot.

The husband shouldn't have doxxed the fags, that's where all the trouble came from.

Hey now, Abdul would poison the cake, which in this case, would have been a pretty good outcome.

cry all you want lardland youre own courts decided that was the case. no matter what you say aout freedoms and bollocks it already happened. you think there was some corrupt judge that you wont get on appeal? wtf are you talking about when you dont agree with your own laws and courts?

there is no question under the law or the government of your country curently right now before the appeal that these bakers are right in anyway legally or otherwise

In anarcho-capitalism this would never happen. The owners have full right to refuse to provide a service for a particular group. A white-only bar, a Christian-only bakery, etc.

Even if this breaks oregon law, oregon has to abide the 14th amendment which states, in part:
>No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States
This state law is abridging the baker's rights re: freedom of religion, and thus cannot be applied in this case.

>muhammads face when a gay couple want a wedding cake from his bakery

>Forcing a private businesses to do something that they don't want goes against the very idea of capitalism.
This, fuck me.

ok ;)
*unzips dick*

>christian
Why haven't we seen a mudslime bakery experience these sort of fines?
It's almost like there's an agenda going.

They're not paying. Their insurance company is paying. That $135k is probably the upper limit of their liability on their insurance policy.

The lesbians in this case received a tremendous amount of financial, legal, and media support from some very powerful interests. They willingly allowed themselves to be used as symbols in a much bigger struggle. I just think we should all be aware of how these cases work. Even a lot of liberals are sticking up for these bakers since the law is a little fuzzy. Some are trying to draw parallels between southern segregation at lunch counters and water fountains, but there's a pretty distinguishable difference in regard to the shop owner's private conscience.

>Why haven't we seen a mudslime bakery experience these sort of fines?
Indeed. Maybe someone should request they make a pie with lard instead of butter or whatever and then sue when refused.

>I don't like X
>I don't like X because my imaginary friend said so

kek

>"Why do you care about what people do in their own bedroom?"

>"Why do you care if gays marry, it doesn't stop heteros from doing it"

>"YOU HAVE TO SUIT EVERY INSTITUTION TO ACCEPT FAG MARRIAGE, TRANNIES AND DEGENERACY OR WE'LL SUE YOU AND DESTROY YOUR LIFE, ALSO WE NEED FORCED HOMOSEXUALITY IN EVERY TV SHOW AND EVERYWHERE ELSE"

That's why you never give leftists an inch.

Be my gay bf?

and that's exactly why no one likes gays

Are you a grill?

>wtf are you talking about when you dont agree with your own laws and courts?

That's why my ancestors threw your shitty fucking tea in the bay and then shot your ancestors.

It doesn't mean breaking god commandments by engaging in sodomy is acceptable. Fag.

>be my gay bf
>are you a grill
O sorry, I don't date retards

Caesar also got stabbed a bunch of times.

>implying some girls don't want gay bfs, or who pretend to be gay

mate if a law is unjust disobeying it is not criminal, it's what a good man does.

if my country told me to murder my neighbor or go to jail, i would go to jail. Fuck statists, the end goal of all statists is crap like this.

unsafeschools.org/the-australian-safe-schools-program-la-trobe-university/

it's your duty if you believe in freedom to disobey laws that shit on freedom. if you don't, you give them even more power and it results in shit like what i linked above (read it you cunts will RAGE)

>land of the free

Smear shit in between the cake layers.
Problem solved.

Do you have some sort of problem with pedos controlling sex ed in canada, USA and Aus?

The act of making it for the marriage is infringing on their religious rights. If they were just refusing because it was some dykes birthday party itd be different.

;)

No but seriously mate, it's the duty of everyone here to fucking disobey the law if it's unjust. It does not make you a criminal, it makes you a fucking HERO that's standing up to tyrants.

I don't mean standing up to shit like niggers do, chimping out on the roadside, that's stupid.

But for the big things, like pedophiles taking over your education system...that's when you start taking fucking action.

And yes, it's happening all over canada, US and AUS.
Literal pedophiles taking over education.

Read my link.

Aus-slut I posted in the threads the first time unsafe schools came up

> it's the duty of everyone here to fucking disobey the law if it's unjust.
This.

Good man. There are aussies now revolting and raiding schools at night to vandalise school property relating to the curriculum.

Exactly. I always said americans should have torn down the federal reserve.

The government is not your country, the people are the fucking country.
Don't let tyrants dictate to you what is "right" and "wrong" when you know better.

Why not just lie and say you are currently booked out?

I wonder if this wasn't all staged. I wonder if they genuinely chose that bakery and were truly and honestly astonished that the business owners respectfully refused. I wonder if that business was targeted by political interest groups in order to prove a point.

"land of the free"

what a joke

england is laughing at you

Remember how they use the legal system to destroy the lives of well meaning people the next time they pull your heartstrings over pissing room rights bullshit

Doesn't it break their rights?

They used the bakery before, they got to know the owners and knew about their Christian beliefs

Unless the bakery was selling same-sex wedding cakes to heterosexuals, no discrimination occured.

But nobody knows more about kid sex than pedos

lets start a gofund me to help, this xan not be tolerated

They had a gofundme. The LGBT community complained so GFM shut it down.

A private company isn't a public service...

Can you force Muslims to sell pork?
/London

Did you enjoy your house of "lords" ending Brexit?

A muslim deli wouldnt have pork, but apparently you could make them cater a sodomy party as long as it also contains a wedding

>privately owned bakery
>public service

what?

Reading about this case I've gotten to where I realize how weird weddings really are. It's really just a big weird party. Marriage is a legal contract enforced by the county and state in which you reside. When these lesbos went to the county courthouse, paid the fee, and signed their marriage license they became married. The wedding is really just for show.

I say this 1) because I believe it to be true and 2) because I think this is relevant to the case regarding public-private accommodations and the law. What bearing does this cake have on the legal status of the lesbos wedding? Is this cake fundamentally different than ordering pizzas for a Superbowl party?

>The government is not your country, the people are the fucking country.
False. The government is chosen by the people, and represents the country. To hate your government is to hate your country, essentially treason.

Without a government, there is no country, just a lawless land of anarchy belonging to no one, waiting to be claimed by a nation mature enough to rule over it.

Interesting. I might use this. Thanks, user

>Not baking faggots a cake
I would put some really great ingredients in it and tell them to enjoy their meal. Fucking faggots.

When a government stops obeying the wishes of the people, they're traitors.

You're committing treason only when your government is acting for the people, which very few governments are anymore.

bin that knife

>if my country told me to murder my neighbor or go to jail, i would go to jail.

>listen to imaginary friend over government

you people always end up dead

>Don't let tyrants dictate to you what is "right" and "wrong" when you know better.

you elected them

you may be right, the government might murder me for not killing my neighbor just because they tell me to.

i'm not even a christfag but i know right from wrong and would not hurt some random just because my government tells me so.

same with my government telling me to accept pedophiles in our schools.

they are fucking traitors.

not in my country actually.

you know we've had like 5 coups and the last few pm's have been elected by the party and not the people, right?

they actually just fucking oust them a few months in after we vote for them and install a more globalist puppet.

>To hate your government is to hate your country, essentially treason.

No, it's called being rational when the country is working against the interests of the people.

When the US government is forcing thousands of Americans to go die to serve Israel and kill millions of innocent people over false premises, it should be opposed. People like you are the morons who called anyone who opposed the Iraq War "traitors" and "unpatriotic".

When a government like Sweden is destroying the country through mass immigration, leftist thought control and laws, and prosecuting anyone who goes against it, it's in their duty to oppose it.

The government has a purpose to ensure the nation's prosperity and serve its citizens, when it stops doing that, it should be opposed in every conceivable way. In a lot of cases like Sweden, the government is actually committing treason against the people who founded it, and who it's supposed to serve.

So they will spend 50k in court instead?

>i know right from wrong

you only know what you were taught from birth in said coutry by said government, you bellend

>innocent people
>mudslimes

well said mate and in my country they're just replacing people we elected a few months later.

not to mention the bureaucrats in the middle we don't elect who get put in a 10 year position by some globalist and then wreak havok for the next 10 years.

i get what you're saying but i've questioned everything since a young age.

things like murder and rape are obviously fucked because i would not like to be in their position and can empathize.

>People like you are the morons who called anyone who opposed the Iraq War "traitors" and "unpatriotic".
The war in Iraq is completely justified, and that entire terrorist-infested region is a threat to global security and should be pacified accordingly

>Implying right and wrong is not has not been ingrained in us genetically through evolution

Riiight

>western Muslim politician openly refuse to shake hands with female collegues
>It's their culture , Infidel
>Western Women politicians wear headscarves when visiting Muslim coutries
>Hehe respect other cultures
>TV stations fire reporters for wearing Christian cross while hiring presenters with a headscarf
>We are a secular country that respect minorities!
>Christians refuse to bake a cake for someone who explicitly targeted them to stir "social justice" uproar ecause of confidence of outcome, they are Christian "bigots" after all
>BAKE THE CAKE GOYIM!!!!Don't want HUH!!!!GET STRIPPED OF YOUR LIVELYHOOD, GO BANKRUPT AND IN DEBT ,GOY
This world is in need to burn the fuck down for a long time

>i get what you're saying but i've questioned everything since a young age.

then you are the one who is wrong.

>empathize.
its taught not intrinsic

you do what you are told within the confines of the law through fear of repercussion
if you were hungry you should kill the neighbour and raid their fridge. there is zero reason NOT to act upon survival and instinct in a enviroment without law and order

>We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

When did this stop happening? Faggots are ruining everything.