Donald J Trump

What did Americans think of trump before he was president? Growing up as a Brit I knew of the guy because we have our own version of the apprentice with Alan Sugar and such, but I didn't know much about him at all.
Did people like him generally? Especially the left?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjWYbcbpiWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone with any class and education thought he was a crass fuckwit. But the poor aspire to be him and to have gold plated trailer hitches and gun racks on their pickup trucks.

Clown and entertainer.

My experience:

Trump was a billionaire asshole with a tv show. He didn't beat around the bush, which is a quality that I do respect even though it pains me to acknowledge sometimes. Then when he announced his candidacy, all the lies/truths/untruths/stories/leaks/soundbites/videos came out and i hated him. Lately I love the guy. I started very anti-trump, pro-Bernie. At this point I don't trust bernie like I once did. Thanks for asking.

Interesting.
No worries, thanks for the answer. Was curious.

Don't worry about that fuckwit. Lots of hate coming from the left. Based less on knowledge and more on mob mentality.

This is how educated people with class view Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=CjWYbcbpiWA

Before he was president I though he was a pig.
Since he's been elected I've enjoyed seeing all
the panties he's got twisted and that makes me
more tolerant of what I perceive of as his flaws.

I don't hate him right now though. I started out hating him, but I don't anymore. I see good things coming from his administration. I am educated, but admittedly I am true born trailer trash. My views of Trump at this point have more to do with his push to rid the government of corruption and evil. I support that. It doesn't matter how I feel about him if he's doing a good job in my eyes, ya dig?

Opulence, I has it.

>Gaudy, noveau riche fuckwit (which is weird because he grew up rich as fuck. his family has been rich since his great grandaddy pimped whores in Alaska. true story)

seriously, who the fuck chooses to live like this?

assclowns, that's who

Same thing I think of Mark cuban now. Some billionaire on a TV show

It's a little extra for me, but it really is beautiful.

South westfag here (Texas), these two are correct. It was really racist rednecks that voted for him. The kind that go to Walmart in their camo pajamas and flip flops kind. I did not vote Hillary, but man Trump voters are an embarrassment.

why do you care how someone else lives? Are you a communist?

Hes basically andy kaufman, but much more damgerous.

Trump is a character, literally, hes a TV personality put here to provoke and entertain.

The REAL donald Trump is very serious and very intelligent and probably very sinister.

The worst thing you can do is underestimate him or take him at face value.

I believe he is absolutely a genius. People forget that he is an actor.

fucking trash

well fuck

thank you.

>The REAL donald Trump is very serious and very intelligent and probably very sinister.
>The worst thing you can do is underestimate him or take him at face value.

sadly this is exactly correct

born in 1983, I grew up with Trump as a household name.
he's been mocked for his money his whole life, mainly by the wealthy.
it's beautiful how in the end, it was the people that finally chose him.
i believe he truly wants to be known as the greatest president ever,
and will do everything he can to get there.

#MAGA

In the US, everyone knew him as a wildly successful real estate mogul who put himself in the public eye for fun. He was well-respected as an eccentric billionaire who lived in the public eye for kicks, and would offer his opinion on current events like politics because people were interested in what he had to say.

Americans always saw him first and foremost as a business icon, and the Art of the Deal circulated widely among the middle class and up as a manual on how to think and act like a better businessman. The TV stuff always came after the fact in people's minds (and was understood to only be possible *because* of his status as a respected businessman).

In our country, TV was never seen as the reason he was a big deal. People only started calling him a "reality TV star" after he ran for office.

>all the lies/truths/untruths/stories/leaks/soundbites/videos came out

such as? the pussy gate thing? If you think the pussygate thing was bad you're probably a neet virgin...most of they guys I know agreed and had a good laugh out of that tape

as far as the bankruptcy scandal, it's another case of the financial illiterate not understanding their own country's loopholes...doesn't make him a saint or anything but it doesn't make him the devil either. If he really was bankrupt and poor he still wouldn't have the assets he has. The bankruptcy thing was just a financial chess move.

other than that, I don't really think he had a negative scandal. He's one of the few honest businessmen in America who is for American values and that's fine by me.

terrible b8, here's your (you)

>poor people resentful of the rich living lavishly

And the world keeps on turning.

Yeah, the Left liked him a lot. He was a New York democrat for decades.

I didnt get swept up in the pussy thing. I had already come to my senses by then. I'm talking like the first 4 months of his campaign. What I mean is that everywhere I went online at the time (social media, mostly, because i'm a faggot) it was Trump did this Trump did that. I got swept up in it in the beginning shortly.

Most people didn't think much of him one way or the other. His approval rating is guttering so now its pretty clear.

Call it b8 all you want, it's fact. Schoolkids who were busy in their own little world watching cartoons or who weren't even alive when Trump was doing his thing in the 80's and 90's literally do not know what they're talking about when they go on and on about his TV career.

Educate yourself.