Does anybody else feel turned off from western society? It seems like its all work work work

Does anybody else feel turned off from western society? It seems like its all work work work.

Is there anywhere where I can feel like my life is adventure like my ancestors felt when they moved here to America?

I was thinking Africa because they place has a reputation for being an ungoverned or corrupt mess where theres a potential to earn big bux

Other urls found in this thread:

lewrockwell.com/podcast/speculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read Ted K on this - esp the part on surrogate activities.

A sample answer is start a farm and a family

Do a cycle tour. I just spent two months cycling through remote patagonia sleeping by the side of the road. Very worthwhile.

Goto Asia, they actually still like you.

Don't goto Africa

I've always wanted to do this

>you'll never lead a /comfy/ rpg character life
I know that feel OP. There is this sense of living in a world full of adventure, mystery and meaning that I just lost. It hurts. It feels like all the magic was sucked out of my life

>mfw the unabomber made some good points

did you have little adventures with random people that you would meet on the road?

>Is there anywhere where I can feel like my life is adventure
crush enemies, see them driven before you, and read Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, and other escapist fiction

>i dont want to work too much
>ill start a farm

Confirmed dummy nigger

he should start reading up on his romanticists too

and maybe borges

I don't want to live vicariously through other people anymore. I want to live.

I did it with two friends. One other guy joined us for two weeks or so.

>I don't want to live vicariously through other people anymore. I want to live.

Goodbye user we'll miss you.

Start a business.

don't go for escapist genre fiction. go for the madmen that will have you believe that you can actually blend your dreams with reality

this is probably the only way to have a real worthwhile adventure nowadays

>Santiago joined your party

Physical labor and mental labor are two different animals. Waking up at six to plow a field is a lot less stressful than managing stocks.

sounds like fun. But if you didn't help local villagers with their mundane farm life problems that are somewhat mysteriously connected to a larger story you ain't having an adventure

let us know how that works out user

>A sample answer is start a farm

Sure, I'll magically stop being a poor NEET and just start my own farm.

What do you think life was before what it is? Just some skipping through the forrest eating berries? You fucking people have no idea how fucking hard it was through people in life. Want to know what's wrong with the West right now? They're bored because for the longest goddamn time their life was a fight for survival, the most barebones easiest goal to see, but the most difficult at the same time. Read Carl Jung and cultivate an environment of ideals within yourself, and you will feel much more fulfilled. The alternatives you're thinking of...if you think you're having to work now. Just put yourself in that situation and see how much you have to work then.

Australia's whole culture is based around hard work. It's hard to find an escape that's why most of us are heavy drinkers

Yeah I should have said unfulfilling work instead, my bad.

you are not thinking like a true adventurer.

try getting a job as a farmhand somwhere, then start courting the farmers daughter. Win his trust by fixing problems on the farm by investigating them independently. make friends with the local village people.

what prevents you from turning your life into a jrpg

Waking up at six is a meme. If you aren't trying to provide for 1000 people then you can wake up mid afternoon and still get everything done.

topkek

Read Speculator by Doug Casey. He reccomends Africa for young men to experience adventure and amass a fortune. Here is s podcast he did with Lew Rockwell. He suggests some countries at the end I forget which ones. One is West of S. Africa.

lewrockwell.com/podcast/speculator/

son, all work is unfulfilling, otherwise we'd call it fun instead of work
fucking around on the internet is real adventure, you just don't know it yet

discover the spiritual side of life. what you all believe to be true are all illusions anyway. truth is far stranger than fiction

every single moment will become an adventure, I swear user

this is in order to become a war lord you probably need to be born into some sort of clan with connections and all sorts of slaves and such

how are people going to trust some random sun burned neckbeard.

thanks i'll give it a listen
what are you doing on the internet that gives you dopamine rushes

Are you talking 6 months in a boat kind of adventure or 6 months walking next to a covered wagon kind of adventure? Neither of them probably felt that great.

probably the wagon