Why do we need prescriptions?

Why do we need prescriptions?

Because even without prescriptions, pathogen resistance to antibiotics may fucking kill us all one day.

People are too dumb to self prescribe and not kill the world with drug resistance.

if people were allowed to take antibiotics all willy nilly it could kill millions

you think doctor's prescribing them somehow limits superbugs? all you're doing is forcing people to go to doctors and over paying for medical services.

You don't. If I get sick I'll order anti biotic from Mexico or Canada. I usually pay about twenty bucks vs one hundred for a doc and a script. I also pick them up when I go to Mexico every third year.

>if people were allowed to smoke weed all willy nilly it could kill millions

/thread

Pic unrelated

You guise need an education. Mexico hasn't killed anyone, and all you have to do is ask for anti biotics there.
You walk up to the counter and say, "hi I'd like zirthomax and keflex" and you pay for it.
No one has died, and no super bugs have come from Mexico

Imagine if you didn't have to take off a day of work and pay $120 to get helpful medication.

Because if a bunch of dipshits start taking antibiotics for no reason they will create super bacteria which are immune to the medicine. Some faggot drinking himself to death isn't going to do the human race any harm.

To clarify, this obviously only goes for medicine, not medication. By medication I mean (((antidepressants))), adderall, etc.

This, prescriptions are just a way for the jews to tax your access to medicine

So what?
Don't use medicine, your argument is retarded.

no such thing as dumb questions lol rtard give me 60 valium and 60 xannies plzz

We shouldn't use antibiotics because then the bacteria will be resistant to the antibiotics we aren't using.

so what?

Excessive use of antibiotics leads to resistance. Doubly so when you have a bunch of idiots getting over the counter antibiotics for shit antibiotics don't help, like viral infections.

Look at India. People there can get a number of antibiotics without prescription, and Indian doctors give out huge amounts of antibiotic prescriptions beyond that.

And how India is ground zero for antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Doctors give out antibiotics here willy nilly as well.

>We shouldn't use antibiotics.

So i guess we should go back to the days where a small cut can get infected and kill you?

There's a fine line to tread. Farmers putting antibiotics into their livestock's regular food are definitely overdoing it.

because too many antibiotics make the drug weaker and will make viruses stronger.

*BACTERIA*

Particularly India is a real breeding ground for extremely drug resistant tuberculosis, its terrifying!

I was pretty fucking sick a few months ago but doctors here don't give a perscription on antibiotics unless you have a really good reason, which is pretty good IMO.

Because pharmacology isn't something laymen should be trusted with. Nobody who isn't retarded will be taking these without speaking with a doctor, anyway.