What if we replaced the death penalty with life + torture?

What if we replaced the death penalty with life + torture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_k8gLyE0jqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sedryuiop

ignore that, was testing to see if i'm still banned.

turn every prison into a bible school

Depends on what crime was commited, in some cases id say yes but in some I'd say no.

Retarded. The principle benefit of the death penalty is that it removes someone from society without expending additional resources to keep them alive

Why? Then you have to:
A) Pay for the victim's meals.
B) Pay for the victim's shelter
C) Hire a torturer
D) Deal with mass social outrage
Besides. It is, to many people, immoral to torture.

>sew shut the mouths of Canadians and Swedes so they can never suck a black cock again
>cut the hands off the Jews so they can never wring conspiringly again
>cut off the welfare of Commies so they have to work and learn the value of a dollar

Seems pretty solid to me.

Thanks for clarifying

Forced labor

Cruel and unusual punishment is prohibited by the Federal Constitution. Torture would fall into that category.

wasting a lifetime of resources so some faggot muderer can feel chemical electrical reactions in his brain that tell him hes in pain doesnt benefit anyone just execute them swiftly and be on with life

then we would have a lot of people getting turned on

Would it dissuade violent crime (i.e murder)? No... Violent offenders often act out due to their passions + weak will.

Personally I prefer life in prison, no parole. Not a big fan of the death penalty.

Too expensive. Though I admit that it's a pleasurable punishment

Kek

We should wall off california station the military all around it with orders to kill anyone found within 50 miles of the wall or coast. Then cut off their water and throw all illegals and criminals there.

I always liked the idea of exile.

It would be a waste of time, just cut out all the appeals and execute the convicts within half a year of sentencing and be done with it, and just use a bullet to the back of the head, not that stupid lethal injection bullshit.

Burning is a better way of killing though.

I would abolish the death penalty but implement gladiatorial combat.

These people are effectively dead anyway, they might as well provide some entertainment on their way out.

In order to keep it ethical, or as close to ethical as possible, all the money gained from such events would be

banishment

Medical research and material for experiments is worthy than causing pain for nothing.

That would serve no purpose.

The purpose of imprisonment is either reeducation or containment.

The purpose of death penalty is for getting rid of prisoners who are irrevocably maladjusted, or just too expensive and threathening to keep contained.

Torture serves no purpose.

Kek agrees

No you stupid fucking faggot.

It's not about the actual torture, it's so that people are so terrified to commit crimes that they won't even dare.

murder = death penalty
rape = life with torture
rape and murder = life with torture
being and illegal = immurement in border wall

Costs too much, if anything we should expand the death penalty instead of giving people 30+ years just shoot them in the courtroom. You could even build a crematorium in the court basement to cut down on transitional costs.

yeah well being a huge faggot is prohibited by the Federal Constitution but that didn't stop the OP now did it

How does that help stop crime.
Death is at least a humane ultimatum

Why don't we just make the death penalty the rape penalty and have official rape niggers to demoralize male criminals by repeatedly fucking them in the ass?
>gays get death penalty because they would enjoy it

Life in prison should be "life" in prison, because we are not supposed to murder, but you can place your prisoner somewhere they will most likely die without divine intervention, like the middle of a random desert or some hunger games bullshit.
If divine intervention happens, then they were meant to live.

People who commit crimes lack the ability to see that far ahead into the future in the first place.

>Rape is worse than murder

>OMG sum1 iz bein tortured rite now i totally won't murder some nigger that owes me drug money cuz i mite get tortured 2 :( :( :(

no criminal thinks like that you stupid fucking faggot little nigger dicknose cuntbreath

>Mexican
>work

The Founders rejected cruel and unusual punishments because of European abuses.
They believed, as I do, that hanging was an appropriate and humane form of execution.

>immurement
Had to google this, but it's a perfect punishment. Poetic justice in every form.

>being humane
that doesn't reduce crime
how many people do you think are afraid of death?
how many cultures and religions glorify dying?

>slavic chicken.png

Feel free to provide any evidence that your plan would work

I'm just gonna pretend you didn't just make my dick hard with that statement.

Devil's advocate here - What if it is worse because the rape victim is scarred for life, but the guy murdered gets to go to heaven and you're only punishing the murderer because of the grief of the family.
Yeah I can't even do that right it still sounds retarded

it absolutely is. victims' lives are permanently impaired.

for serious crimes like murder and false rape accusations, yah.

any it should be televised like once a year or something so people remember that you're gona get iron maidened if you do really bad stuff.

Fucking leaf

The cost of broadcasted torture to the population outweigh any benefits that might be derived from the slight reduction of crime.

Getting caught with anti-communist activity in the USSR was guaranteed torture to both you and your family. The effects it had in curbing crime was overshadowed by the wilting effect it had on civic culture.

Perharps if the victim is virgin or married, but if ages the average slut it doesn't change much anyway

Nigga just turn your head left.

We Torturer's Guild now.

My Man.

>rape someone
>might as well murder them too

I do not think you have think this through.

It's called Supermax and it's perfectly constitutional and appropriately used.

The prisoners start going so insane, they smear shit on the walls just so they can get the human contact of a guard beating the shit out of them.

Educate yourself.

You deserve every ban.

Also welcome back.

youtube.com/watch?v=_k8gLyE0jqQ

in the USSR sneezing wrong was considered anti-party activity.

they were just plain afraid.

You're literally retarded

not an argument

absolutely retarded idea

>A jungle monkey downplaying rape.

Really jogs the old noggin.

You run into the same problem as with the death penalty, which is that you will inevitably inadvertently sentence the innocent.

The practical value of torture is in obtaining information. I believe that we have developed means of obtaining information through torture that is not permanently physically damaging, if occasionally mentally scarring. The aim: information. The means: any means not permanently physically damaging.

The meme often seen is that torture is ineffective due to the tortured's short term incentive to lie and produce false confession to avoid pain, but this is only an issue if we are unable to test the claims of the one interrogated. It is only an issue if we overvalue the reliability of their testimony. This is not necessary. The meme is so obviously foolish. Why does it go unchallenged on message boards such as reddit and HN? Trump tweeted that he thought torture worked. It obviously does. It is not necessary to lie to make an argument against torture. Why reject reality? Because to admit wrong in the public eye and adopting a more nuanced position is more damaging than just obstinately staying the course.

To point out the lies and misconstruals of ones enemies as they speak to the public as a reason why they should be opposed, is itself a misconstrual, and an effective one, which is something we need to be aware of. The masses are not convinced with rigorous arguments. Those who have been convinced by rigorous arguments for or against something hurt their own cause if they try to use those in the public sphere, where emotional pleas and a cavalier attitude towards truth is effective.

Competent people, whether they advance good or bad ideas, argue 'dirtily' in the public sphere because that is what convinces the public. Thus to point out a lie is not sufficient to induce an intelligent person to oppose the liar politically. What is relevant is what genuine concern motivates the lie.

If thinking
>oh my god i might face the death penalty
Doesnt stop crime, why would torture?

i would prefer all current crimes bereft of victims (read: substances, prostitution, "hate speech", etc) be eliminated with only violations of the non-aggression principle as applied to person or property upheld as crimes

for minor-moderate violations, forced labour at a fixed period would be imposed; blatant refusal or flight results in a public hanging

for severe violations including murder and the ilk result in a public hanging

This is retarded. The only reason you keep someone alive is in the off chance they are innocent. If they are indeed innocent you want to treat them decently. If someone's an awful person just put a bullet in their brain and be done with it.

Yes, some faggots will go on a raping spree knowing the end will just be a fairly painless suicide by cop. Doesn't mean we need to waste time and energy torturing them to get somebody's justice boner off.

No. Torture is the sport of shitskins and unethical cruel monkies. Actually enjoying the suffering of any living thing is degenerate and makes you a total worthless piece of shit.

Murderers and those with life in prison without parole should be given the death penalty. If people were innocent of their crimes that is found at later then they will be post posthumously pardoned and their family honor restored.

you are literally smart and a good person

Life + torture is a poor choice, it would require additional medical staff, equipment, and materials while our prison system is overtaxed as it is.

Criminals don't care about the law anyways.
Caged and exposed to townsfolk? Meh.
Whipped and punched? Whatever
Hanged from a tree? Lol
Beheaded? Fuck it.
Penalties only persuade law abiding people, a criminal will be a criminal everywhere

Slave labor/Organ harvesting are the best options.

>Criminals will be criminals
we're talking about murderers and rapists

Well you're either trying to rehabilitate someone or sort him out. I don't see how torture as punishment works, it will scare people off at best, but a merciless jail can do the same without emotionally and physically scarring people for the rest of their lives.

There should be very few laws, however they all of should carry the death penalty after a swift trial (no more than a week after arrest).

What about more subtle torture that isn't violent. Like they have to wear damp socks and chumbawumba is constantly playing in their cell

waste of taxpayer money keeping someone alive till natural death. How about a single bullet to the temple and limiting appeals to only (1) one occurrence.

brutal