Why housing bubbles are good

Contrary to popular wisdom, they:

>Repatriate billions of dollars in capital lost to years of trade deficits

>Support tens of thousands of construction jobs

>Discourage the youth from promiscuous behavior by denying them a place to fuck

>Offer the boomers a retirement nest egg which doesn't depend on shaky government programs

>Encourage the design of nice tasteful custom homes, rather than row after row of ugly cookie-cutter designs

>Provide a great investment vehicle for middle class families, even outperforming stocks

Anyone hoping for it to burst doesn't understand the immeasurable harm it will do to our country. Thankfully all three of our major parties understand that, and will never do anything to harm the public interest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_r9Z-hTn1r4
crea.ca/housing-market-stats/stats/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well ya its going to be good for me when it pops and im going to buy that 2 bedroom/2 bath condo for 50 grand cash

T. Ching chong

Hey buddy, no one likes paying for living space.

The sooner the fucking housing bubble crashes, the sooner people can start buying fucking houses

I'm not even Chinese. Canada takes in about 100,000 Mainlanders per year, a whopping 0.007% of their total population.

In exchange, they get capital outflow, a safe haven for their tax cheats and criminals, and a (((foreign))) education for their future elites. It's a really shitty deal for China.

>major parties
>three

also daily reminder thrump is literally an estate merchant

Ur retarded

why are u such a faggot, and how does more houses do this exactly

It boils down to the Tinder culture. If the majority of people under 30 could afford to live alone, usage of these toxic apps would skyrocket, along with STI rates, guaranteed.

>>Repatriate billions of dollars in capital lost to years of trade deficits
You're trading national scrip for Chinese scrip, which is literally worthless. In effect you're giving land away for nothing to foreign nationals and printing more money to pretend you've gained something in the transaction.

>>Support tens of thousands of construction jobs
House bubbles are in part caused by lack of construction, due to over regulation or insufficient space.

Hey Schlomo, quit spreading yer shit.
>implying housing bubbles never burst with banks walking away with MAJOR profits
>pic related

>You're trading national scrip for Chinese scrip

Real estate transactions in Canada are settled in Canadian dollars. Canadians gain real purchasing power from this, because the rate at which the market grows greatly exceeds the rate of inflation.

>you're giving land away for nothing
Foreign ownership over meaningful quantities of land, such as agriculture and mining rights, is still restricted at the federal and provincial levels. Your quarter acre residential lot in North Vancouver isn't much in the grand scheme of things, for a country this big.

>Real estate transactions in Canada are settled in Canadian dollars

Canadian dollars which those Chinese investors get by converting Yuan into Canadian dollars.

All money is debt, that's the only reason there is a buble in the first place. The banks own all the worlds money. For all amount of money there is a greater amount of debt owned by the bank.

Yes we live in a big pyramid scheme. This is a redpill that haven't latched on to Sup Forums is Sup Forums becoming a normi board?

MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A LOT OF EXTRA PLYWOOD HOUSING FOR ALL THE NIGGERS THE JEWS ARE GOING TO BRING IN

FUCK HAVING STABLE HOUSING PRICES AND RETIREMENT N SHEEEET

Nice picture, saved

The conditions in the US in 2008 and Canada today are completely different. Back then you had very high leverage loans being given to the public regardless of ability to pay on the basis that continuing appreciation in the market would hedge any risk born by the banks.

In Canada by contrast, we have Chinese nationals coming over and dropping $1M+ on properties and paying in cash. In fact I would almost argue that we're not even in a bubble. The tsunami shows no signs of stopping. It will probably even accelerate when more of their elites want overseas property to hedge the increasingly stagnant Chinese economy.

You god damn know Sup Forums is newfag central when i can post 8 year old copypasta from fucking Sup Forums and get 300+ replys with only 10% calling me out

youtu.be/_r9Z-hTn1r4

A good video about the banking problem after ww1

If the bubble never pops then it isn't a bubble. It means there is real demand.

Yeah, young Canadians not having a place to live and start families is just great for us! Fucking retard, kys.

The bubble will always pop. It's impossibole it dosen't

>Encourage the design of nice tasteful custom homes, rather than row after row of ugly cookie-cutter designs

Keep shilling, leaftard. When it all falls apart I'll be there buying. You guys are going to eat shit.

Your system willl have the exact same crises, dosen't matter what you do untill you change the monetary system.

What's your point? They got that purchasing power in the first place because we've had a structural trade deficit in manufactured goods for decades. If they want to send all that money straight back overseas, then great for us. It only makes our currency more valuable at the cost of their own.

>>Provide a great investment vehicle for middle class families, even outperforming stocks

Oh boy, at 8% appreciation, this house will be worth $23 million when I retire in 20 years. WHAT A GREAT INVESTMENT I GOTTA GET IN ON THIS

fuck off mohammed, people are talking

>canada
why do you live there? the housing is a nightmare, im personally with this guy cant wait to pick up the spoils. maybe even rent

It's fucking shit. It's literally decaying all of the major cities in this country.
In a few years fucking no one will be able to afford, and there will basically be ghost cities, full of empty houses with no one to staff hospitals or police stations.

All foreigners should be banned from owning property.

I'd rather have a shitty economy than have my nation sold to foriegners.

Don't you worry your sweetie patootie, The shekelsteins will have it correct itself, they always do.

>t.jew

How come evryone awoids the real issue, that our monetary system is corrupt to the core?

crea.ca/housing-market-stats/stats/
>The Aggregate Composite MLS® HPI rose by 15.0% y-o-y in January 2017.

I do believe this is a generational phenomenon. People don't truly understand just how YUGE China's foreign reserves are. Yes, it will peter out one day, but I stand to argue that it won't happen for a decade or more. That little crapshack you posted? You probably undervalued it significantly.

"you sound racist" --your government

>housing bubble
>good
Chinada strikes again

Thank you

>All foreigners should be banned from owning property.
Unjokingly, that SHOULD be a law. If they're not citizens they should not have access to a nation's land.

All the money chinese own is accumulated in debt somewhere else, corrupt system.

>avoiding the real issue this mutch

What is the real issue? From what I've seen in every major city in Canada, UK, US, and Australia the issue is that local residents are competing with international elites for purchasing property.

Do people not realize that the situation would be exactly the same if we'd never had any trade with China at all and had stayed protectionist the whole time? In fact it might be worse. That money would still be chasing a great asset like housing, except even more of it would be parked inside the country.

This situation is just a reflection of the fantastic ability of North America to generate real purchasing power. We see it also in regional dynamics. This is why you can buy a 4-bedroom home for under $250k in some impoverished Midwestern state, but this wouldn't even get you a condo in Silicon Valley.

It's amazing to me that it's allow at all. Yet another example of the governments failure to do it's job.

>monetary system is corrupt to the core
humans are corrupt to the core
thus every system will be corrupt to the core
inevitably

Every time the housing market comes up in conversations, all my friends agree with this.

Another example of shitty government

>the le housing prices make you rich meme.
If you sell your house, sure you get more money, but all the other houses have gone up in price, so all you can do is buy another house of the same size, while paying moving and closing costs. Inflation doesn't make anyone ric.
Rising prices do not help home owners and they sure as hell don't help people who haven't bought a home yet.

Oh the hell, this leaf sounds unintentionally sarcastic

middle america birth rates?

>Offer the boomers a retirement nest egg which doesn't depend on shaky government programs
only way to extract it is to get a mortgage, thus screwing their kids; or selling to relocate in a trailer park somewhere.

McMansion

>Provide a great investment vehicle for middle class families, even outperforming stocks
for some time until the rates come back at the inflated price; simple truth with higher performance comes higher risk

"this video is not available in you country" - wew lad

The real issue is that all money is debt. Do you even read the thread?

Also this, it doesn't matter how rich you are if your cites stop functioning. Culture, institutions and local wages being able to buy local housing is way more important.

N O T A N A R G U M E N T
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

China has accumulated literally TRILLIONS in foreign reserves since joining the WTO.

Would you like that money to come back to our shores via something benign like the housing market, or should they buy defense contractors instead? Maybe they should just keep the money, that way they can buy influence and resources all over the third world, and cramp us out geopolitically like they're already trying to do.

We're bleeding this tiger slowly but surely, and yeah, maybe it's gonna hurt us for a while, but this is a very necessary process.

You think you understand how things work, but you don't.

Here's a hot tip for you - having flatmates never ever stopped me from hooking up with anyone. In fact most of the people I hooked up with I met through my flatmates.

China plays by different rules. They have children as workers because they don't care and make prison time profitable, thus giving them the upper hand when it comes to factory production. Since the factory owner is only paying for the materials and not the workers, they make huge amounts of money and buy property from abroad, which is why some houses are extremely inflated in Canadian cities. The housing bubble should pop because it is created by 中国人 money, not your countries, so you should do something to make sure that a housing bubble popping is slowed down as much as possible with legislation or something.

I did this in 2010 and am selling now for about 4 times what I paid (paid cash from savings for a foreclosure the bank just wanted to dump). Now I'm Gonna buy land for a ranch. Then wait for the next bubble burst to do it all over again.

Pay attention, anons. History repeats again and again.

No there is good ecnomic systems, this one is not. All the money that are given out to regular people are from banks. That money is = debt.

All money is debt, the only thing that changes is where the debt is located. Just think about it.

>You want money to use

>You loan

meaning you get a debt on your money

>you work

You earn money, people at the company loan to pay you

>you sell

People buying from you either loan or work if they work then the company needs to loan to pay them.

>company, workers need salery

>you loan

debt

>you sell

The one buying from you needs to loan

You see how it works? You can only move debt around, but you can never get rid of it.

And all this money goes to the (((bank))) as intrestes. And after a while the system collapses becuse there is always a limit on how mutch debt a system can handel. And this will happen over and over aigen, always flowing all our money to the top.

Then tell me

>>Discourage the youth from promiscuous behavior by denying them a place to fuck
actually this makes young people have sex with more people instead of having more sex with the same person

>they make huge amounts of money
Most of that money comes from us. It's unfortunate that it was allowed to happen to begin with, even more unfortunate that slave labor is used to produce our goods. However, we are in the process of getting that money back. China has never created wealth of its own, and once its foreign reserves are depleted, their demand for Canadian real estate will come to an orderly end as housing prices stabilize.

I feel your pain leaf. Everyone except for the One Nation voters is clamouring to suck on Chinese dick so the housing bubble won't pop.

So much for superior white men. I think that ended as soon as the property bubble started in the late 90s.

>In fact I would almost argue that we're not even in a bubble.
Every crash ever as been preceded by people saying 'new paradigm'. 'It will never end' right up to the moment it did

your shilling wont work here schlomo.

>China has never created wealth of its own,
Delusional at best. parts of China are hyper Captialists, and also they have already supassed us in some fields as far as new engineering design.
You could just as well say the U.S. /Canada never created wealth, it was all done by China. Inflation doesn't make you richer user

Bruh, I fuck my girlfriend under her parent's roof.
While they're home.

Expensive housing discourages young whites from starting a family. If you have to pay $400 weekly in rent, why the fuck would you have a kid?

That's how bubbles burst though. The ones causing the inflation get too greedy until it crashes. It would be nice if countries limited foreign real estate purchases to ease the boom and bust cycle a bit.

This. I love it when they call it """""""foreign investment""""""""" too.

Fuck this country.

When they start buying fucking houses the value of those houses goes up. If everyone is waiting for a crash to buy a house there wont be a crash. At best there will be a dip where people who are tired of waiting see the prices go down a little and jump on the opportunity. Crashes don't happen when people want houses and have the means to afford them. A crash will happen when people can no longer buy fucking houses, and when it can't start up again as soon as the prices dip.

But what if you have TWO houses?

>capital lost to years of trade deficits
Stopped reading right there. Trade deficits create in INFLOW of capital, you bloody leaf.

There were pretty clear signs of the last crash.

That's how I got rich in the 80s.

>Bruh, I fuck my girlfriend under her parent's roof.
>While they're home.
This is probably an Australian custom.

I'm dissapointed you guys don't do it to

>bad economics is a good thing
shut the fuck up you Communist shill

nigga it's 350k for a shitty 1br condo in nice suburban LA
>you have no idea about the numbers you're spewing out ur ass

bubble pops, jews die with their moneys, everyone wins

of course it should be, but
>that wouldn't be very pro globalization would it now dumb goy heheh pay me rent goy hehehe

>>Provide a great investment vehicle for middle class families, even outperforming stocks

At the expense of the young who will have to pay off the debt incurred by saving said middle class families from themselves in the form of a bailout.

Their will be a day when all leafs will be taken and raked into a pile on that day they will all be placed in a garbage bag and then incinerated.