I'm close to having my law degree, and I can tell you that what Trump has done is a legitimate case of libel

I'm close to having my law degree, and I can tell you that what Trump has done is a legitimate case of libel.

Obama has shown considerable restraint against slander, considering he could have sued Trump into the grave over the birth certificate nonsense. But this is a far more serious charge, so whether Obama sits on it is the question of the hour.

I can tell you that unnamed sources and Twitter rants would not hold up in court, and you're looking at a settlement in the high double or triple digit millions given the magnitude of the positions involved.

I think Trump may have stepped in it this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=leljGQtH7AY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck ever Star Jones. Enjoy your one reply.

Also, just to clarify, the president can not be sued for actions taken as president, but he can still be sued for personal actions. This would obviously be classified as the latter and make him fair game.

He isn't lying so no it isn't.
Fucking dipshits like you have no sense of self respect and prove that a degree does not make a person intelligent by any means.

Never thought of it like this. He won't though. Makes him look petty.

Manafort being wiretapped has nothing to do with Trump Tower.

So why is Obama showing restraint? If Trump's claims were truly libel, I'm sure Obama wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

Because he has to consider the consequences of a former president of a different party suing the active president, and how that could affect the mid-term elections.

Also Trump losing a libel lawsuit while acting as president is an impeachable offense.

Ain't exactly libel if it's a probable cause. Obama has been caught wiretapping several world leaders.

We will shine the light of truth in ALL DARK places of lies and deciet, we WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, Godspeed Mr Trump may the One True Infinite Creator guide and assist you in any and all steps of righteousness.

You know that a president's name can reasonably be seen as referring to the president's administration?

Like: "Obama is doing X" doesn't necessarily mean Obama personally, can also mean his administration.

also sage

>being impeached over civil offenses

You should ask for your money back on that degree

No silly, they could cite his judgement as POTUS, misuse of government personnel and finances, etc.

Look up "high crimes and misdemeanor".

>birth certificate nonsense

Can't subvert me, kike.

Practice law for a while and realize how hard it would be to actually get a court to agree with you.

Maybe Trump's son-in-law and daughter can, since you're so wary of jews.

One POTUS vs another POTUS? A open-shut case of a blatant lie to millions of people in an attempt to defame him and initiate unwarranted investigations?

It's not only a civil matter, it's an impeachable offense.

Obama won't sue. It'd open him up to discovery and cross examination.

>I'm close to having my law degree

Shut up, 1L.

"leaf law" doesn't apply here. Or in any free society.

Look at this faggot. Pol is flooded with Shills lately.

"blatant lie"
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=leljGQtH7AY

Ahhahah

Also Impeachable?
You do realize that an impeachment requires a vote in congress right.

Maybe, but in the meantime, I'm not buying into your shilling.

>blatant lie
Either a shill or a retard
Sage the thread

Not only is it a lie being denied by all relevant individuals involved, it's impeachable, and congress wouldn't hesitate to remove this embarrassment for Pence to take over and continue a normal government.

But no seriously, I love how a bunch of amateur armchair lawyers here try to debate this with me.

Trump would lose. He's been sued for libel before and always settled. This time would be no different. He'd settle for millions and then be impeached. Period.

Get a real job.

That doesn't change the fact that you're an uppity, retarded 1L and not qualified to give a legal opinion. I hope the local Bar finds out about your shitposting and b&s you forever for giving legal opinions :^)

D-Drumpf is finished this time I swear !

>lululllulllull

Seriously, keep your day job.

Sounds like you like black cock OP. You nigger lover.

I'm a 3L lelelululelolol :^)

And you're also an amateur armchair lawyer, you fucking retard. Top kek. I mean of course Sup Forums never has even the slightest clue what it's talking about when it comes to legal matters, but you are by definition not a professional lawyer. You are not a member of the Bar. You are not qualified to call yourself counsel, barrister or solicitor. You are therefore not in a position to talk.

You're a law student. You're only SELF-important. You're not actually important. Hope this helps, friend. I bet you're not even at a T14 school.

I'm a lawyer and I can tell you that "close to having a law degree" makes you no more an expert on shit than reading a Wikipedia article. what, you read NY Times v Sullivan, had your professor talk libel for thirty mins on the second to last day of Torts, and now you're an expert on anything?

If that's true then they'll do just that but they won't because he's telling the truth.

Go fuck yourself kike.

I think you're a black cock slut.

>Get a real job.

>I'm close to having my law degree

checked. Digits speak for us time and time again.

>Not only is it a lie being denied by all relevant individuals involved, it's impeachable, and congress wouldn't hesitate to remove this embarrassment for Pence to take over and continue a normal government.

I AM a lawyer and work with a retired Federal Judge. Over the past few days, we've had some great discussions on this case and surveillance programs in general.

You realize that the AG would have had to sign off on a FISA, right? Obama would have had to have known about this.

Additionally, there is no way that Obama can legally say he didn't know about the electronic surveillance because he authorized the program (and that is how they discovered the servers tied to Russian banks for the FISA).

Obama is in a catch-22, and it is HIGHLY likely that Trump will prove he knew or should have known sometime this week.

Stop replying to slide threads and sage

Trump claimed Obama had his phone tapped and Obama did have his phone tapped. How does that constitute libel?

>I'm close to having my law degree, and I can tell you

Nothing. A degree doesn't make you an expert in your field.

>I can tell you that unnamed sources and Twitter rants would not hold up in court

Which is hilarious given unnamed sources are all democrats and the media have offered up for virtually every attack against trump, including this russian conspiracy.

>I think Trump may have stepped in it this time.

I'm honestly surprised people haven't figured out yet that character assassination doesn't work with trump. The man is teflon.

You will not bring him down with bullshit and allegations. It's going to take something real, and there isn't anything or dems would have nailed him with it by now.

So sit back and enjoy the next 8 years.

K. Keep me posted.

>Also Trump losing a libel lawsuit while acting as president is an impeachable offense.

>law student

Are you studying at devry?

>It's not only a civil matter, it's an impeachable offense.

Are you really so dense as to believe bad blood between two president's an impeachable offense?

And this is all assuming that trump's claims about wiretapping are baseless, which they aren't, because the media reported it months ago.

The real shit is whether what obama did was legal.

>I'm almost a (((lawyer)))
Hmmmm...

>trump is done for
>trump is done for
>trump is done for
>trump is done for
>trump is done for
How mamy times will you say this? At this point i dont think even you believe in it

>Trump would lose. He's been sued for libel before and always settled. This time would be no different. He'd settle for millions and then be impeached. Period.

>Get a real job.

Honestly I'm waiting for you to brag about your IQ and MENSA card next, faggot. You're an obnoxious student who doesn't even have his degree and you think you know everything about your field. Class A moron.

Grow up quick kiddo, because the actual professionals you're soon to be working around won't tolerate that shit.

I think this latest attack against Obama is just flagrant and undignified, but what else should one expect these days, OP?

Whether it constitutes slander or libel (IIRC the courts are still undecided whether internet trolling is actually one or the other, maybe you can inform me) is another matter.

What do you think of Trump's violation of the Emoluments clause and it it possible to tack on one offense to another if the POTUS is a serial power-abuser like Trump is?

Marvelous advice, bard!

Except he clearly defined Obama as a "bad (or sick) guy", so unless you think he is referring to the administration as a guy, it's obvious he meant Obama personally.

Blah blabh blah nervous man blah blah 7th gorillion time etc