How do we fix the education system?

How do we fix the education system?

Do charter schools really work? Can the cultural marxism of Common Core really be undone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb-6rxZxx0
youtube.com/watch?v=o_djTy3G0pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 300 replies of people pretending not to understand Monty Hall

The only way to solve this problem is to have a controlled test where a million people open three doors in real life for about a month and see what the results are.

Unless someone does exactly that, every explanation anyone give you is complete bullshit.

>pretending

i went to a charter school and i ended up here.
On one hand im a NEET, on the other hand i voted for trump. the gripping hand is that im well read :^)

You can actually confirm the results in an afternoon using flash cards and a friend

Make school about what the child wants to do.

You'll have darwinism at full effect. The strong will survive the weak will be failing artists.

But he doesn't have a friend

bro you can just run a simulation of the Monty Hall problem for yourself. It's real

You can confirm the results with a days worth of programming knowledge.

Put the intelligent jews in a nice school, faggot white people don't deserve this.

are empiricists really this bad at basic maths

or you could just understand that the host reveals one of the two goats regardless of whether you selected a goat door or not

Id stick to my door no matter what. If i switch and lost i would feel horrible, if i stayed and lost, at least i stuck to my guns.

ok you must be one of the people warned about. It is literally wrong to stay. Always switch.

>wrong
You are not accounting for the human element and the way we experience loss vs gain.

Or you could set up three scenarios, one scenario where door 1 is picked, one where door 2 is picked, and one with door 3, all while keeping the goat behind the same door for each scenario. Then under each scenario, chose the option to switch doors after a door has been revealed not to be a goat. You will see that 2/3 scenarios, provided you switch doors in each type of scenario, will yield the goat. If you stick with your initial door, you will see that 1/3 scenarios yields the goat.

>im functionally retarded

If you understand the statistics, and you chose your first door randomly and not based on sentiment, then there is no reason to be more upset if you switch and lose.

Sorry, I meant car instead of goat

>he thinks math isn't a fundamentally fucked system that's entirely stitched together with ambiguous cop-outs and contrived gibberish

Just remember, you will always be a nigger.

when you pick a door thats your door, whatever is behind that door is yours. If you switch because statistics and ended up switching away from the car it would feel terrible, you would have lost something you already had.

That's a terrible idea, children don't know what is good for them. I bet you think your child can decide its own gender, too, you goddamn non-parent.

>i have a learning disability

Look its really not that hard to understand. There are 3 doors. There are 2 possible cases where you picked the wrong thing and swap to the right thing. There is only ONE case where you pick the right thing and swap to the wrong one. Its really that simple.

while his idea is terrible, parents somehow forget what its like being a kid and seem to regard their children as being ~5 years younger than they actually are.

Why would you get attached to the door? It's not "your door" it's "a door".

>i have a learning disability
indeed you do.

did anyone go to public school and NOT have a bad experience?

we have been "fixing" education by making it easier to get everybody to graduate high school. You want to fix education? make it harder so less than 30% make it.

The other 70%? Trade school, we need people who know how to retread tyres

you already got them but here is mine (You)

if(cuck)
{
cout

Childhood is doing what you're told

Your teens is rebelling against what you're told

Adulthood is accepting what your parents tried to do and find your own way.

You can't just skip to stage three without your children first experiencing the first two stages, otherwise you get NEETs and other maladjusted individuals.

Because what causes you to pick something at random is not actually random. You picked that door because some part of you liked it more for some reason.

A person is more apt to regret switching after a negative outcome than not switching.

If you imagine a scenario where there are a million doors with only 1 car and the rest are goats, and you open all but 2, it's the same idea as the 3 door problem. The chances of picking the car are just way higher. Scale it down to 3 doors and it's still smarter to change your initial pick.

ok kid
sorry you never made it to discrete math

That's like your opinion mate

You know you'll be given a chance to switch. Just pick the door you hate to start with.

> Canadian edumcation

Look up conditional probability or filtration for the stochastic processes. You have extra information (conditional probability) after you open one door. If you are a game show host, you know the empty doors too, so for a host even the initial problem is not probabilistic. It all depends on what kind of information is available to you and the assumptions people make. Strictly speaking even initially the probabilities are not 1/3 per door, because the random number generation is not trivial.

>it's the same idea as the 3 door problem

Yeah it's exactly the same in every way except in one case you have one million doors and in the other you only have two. So in other words, they're completely different and unrelated hypothetical situations.

/sci/
Sup Forums
Now Sup Forums. Fucking goat threads.

>You are not accounting for the human element and the way we experience loss vs gain.
>being an emotional gambler

another "science" guy who probably couldn't even cut it in his high school math classes
why am i not surprised

I didnt skip any stages and im a maladjusted individual :^)

You are missing stages though

Childhood is testing the limits of the rules you are told to follow
Teen is breaking the rules outright
Young adulthood is deciding rules are good and conforming to what you are told the rules are.
Older adulthood is questioning the rules the younger adults are following
Old age is telling everyone to fuck off.

These are maturity stages and not directly tied to age but merely correlate roughly.

you're eliminating n-1 doors to find one car

you can change n, but the problem is fundamentally the same if you are given n-1 chances to pick your final door, whether n is 3 or a million

>pick the door you hate
profound

A goat is a good prize, too. Many people overlook that.

This also. A new car is nice but most people in the west already have a car, not many have a goat.

t. dearborn

Look, I just don't see why anyone would choose to become emotionally attached to a fucking door.

think of it as being emotionally attached to their choice ( even though this is rationally against their best interests)

this is key to understanding most people

People anthropomorphize inanimate objects all the time

>People anthropomorphize inanimate objects all the time
Why are furfags brainlets?

I bet tumblr has a story or two

here

this riddle works a lot better when there's more than 3 doors. When you remove one door it's still ultimately a 50/50 choice.

its still 1/3 chance, you can still choose the door the host opened?

=^)

Educate your kids outside of school to put them ahead of the curve.

Also your pic is obviously going to derail the conversation. People that don't understand the Monty Hall problem need to realize that the host ALWAYS reveals a goat. Knowledge of the prizes is givem for the host, therefore it is in your best interest to switch. It would be 1/2 if the host never revealed anything.

Wait but what if the car isn't behind door number 1? Doesn't that mean there are actually 9 different possibilities?

I know parents who were actually called into the school for that and bitched out by the teachers and principal. They didn't stop teaching their kids but its fucking weird that the school actually discourage it and complained about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb-6rxZxx0

this is a good video.

RED PILL

It doesn't matter how you set up the doors, but you're only dealing with one scenario. Rearranging the doors how you like doesn't change the odds as long as you test for all three variations of that one scenario.

What the fuck are you talking about dumbass you're just shitty at math

A goat is fine, too.

this is fucking great video.
youtube.com/watch?v=o_djTy3G0pg

>mfw Mythbusters already tested and confirmed it
i have no face