Anyone still use it? Is it a buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bVCrM
cbinsights.com/blog/snapchat-patents/
youtu.be/6r65WwO1-uA?t=1687
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its ipo was days ago, you missed the pump and dump party

If I had the cash I would of bought and then dumped after a day

snapchat is way overvalued, they have no real product and can be taken out by a new fad anyday...

Just wait when their stock drops to $5 in a month or so.

/biz/ should just be called BTC and penny stocks.

you fucked up man, should of got in at the entry 17$ and dumped at the 28$ peak

They lost $500 mil im 2016. See their S-1. A value of a company that makes no money is always the limit as price approaches zero.

If I was a fund manager I would be shorting the shit out of this streaming pile of turd.

I heard they still haven't mad a profit.

Some company has already labeled them a Sell stock and I think another site said it would fall 60% from its current price.

>investing in social media

dumb

this. if i knew how to short stock business would be booming. people think it's the 90s or something. only way to make money these days is to ruin companies.

We probably have 3 more years of this too

I think Uber will IPO in 2019 and I can't wait to see how fucked up the unicorn star child is. 1990 is happening but the public doesn't have access. Private funding is where they go now.

I'll buy Uber pre-IPO when it does another private round.

archive.is/bVCrM

>Snap Inc. has completed its IPO and earned a massive market cap that many market participants feel is unjustified. However, do not short this stock.
>Snap has front-loaded its top-line growth and its cash position allows it to acquire other firms at a rapid pace.

Article makes an interesting point there. But I don't know shit about this stuff.

Why the fuck would you?

>hot new tech thing reaches the goal of every obnoxious startup; an IPO
>retards buy in because it's a hot new tech thing
>isn't yet monetised, and no real plans to monetise it beyond "premium and ads"
>barely makes money
>people leave because it's just an app and more always come along
>MySpace again

The stock never traded at $17. That's just what it was valued at when they were private. It opened at around $25

Eh I wouldn't discount them too quickly. It's overpriced but they are innovative? You ever see those dog photo filters and face swap. That is Snapchat

They have a few things waiting in the wings to reveal. They have Snapcash (PayPal copy cat), the snap glasses and vending machines (a passing normie fad at best). One would have to gamble on what ever mystery products they are going to reveal on being big

I use it as one of the five apps I have. It's a must have desu

Yeah of course. I also understand that in order to generate a userbase, these companies don't monetise. On top of that, the people using those dog faces are 13yo girls, who won't be forking out cash from their non-existent credit cards for new face effects.

This. Boggles my mind how many times I've seen that number floated as the opening price. Like did you niggers even look at the prices from opening day? Christ

Your decision making sucks. Uber's going down. The CEO is an awkward manchild who can't either close his mouth or defend his company. He also has a penchant for awkwardly dancing with ladies in the back of Uber blacks while making small talk.

are you retarded?
snapchat has loads of patents which are valuable. they are not just an app they actually own the technology on their platform.
value isn't just whats on the balance sheet, which is what a stock price is.

Never buy something like Snapchat. Retards will buy the share because "ooooh my gooood snapchat has stocks xD" without looking at value let alone the fact that they've never made any profit and currentely don't even have a business plan in order to make revenue

>anyone use it
fuck no, narcistic teen stuff

Snapchat was $30 a share in May 2016.

They could blackmail people with the nudes they have

>snapchat has loads of patents which are valuable
Such as?

These big ass nuts smacking on yo face nigga
HAH GOT EM

>snapchat has loads of patents which are valuable
No they aren't, Snapchat's accountants value them high to up their books and create worth that actually isn't there. When you actually look at it, filters and shit aren't worth millions of dollars.

mfw investors on Sup Forums

>Your decision making sucks. Uber's going down.
Realistically I wouldn't buy Uber. I saw some Turo available through my broker, but I don't know much about them.

Airbnb seems legit, but I'll have to wait for when they do another round.

you'd be suprised how right wing and conservative most brokers and traders are

> broker

What a cuck

A lot of matchmoving and 3d stuff. Those dog filters are pretty good at running real time, with tracking and positioning. I remember there was a decent app what did 3d scanning on phones, they bought it and took it off the market. I'm pretty sure implementing something useful into their dumbass app. That probably wasn't the only thing they bought.

>Granted just in July of 2016, Snap designed a method (#9396354) for running facial recognition on images and then applying privacy rules to the image according to user preferences. Simply put, Snap could amass a database of faces and blur out faces in public video/photo messages for those users who have opted for privacy in their settings.
Your government will be able to use snapchat to blur the faces of refugees

SharesPost? More like ShitPost
>using a broker
How casual can one man be?

dont buy shares in a company that lost 24b last year

how the fuck is a patent on video chat with ads going to make me money? is snapchat going to go full SCO or some bullshit?

we all remember what happened to SCO, don't we folks?

youtu.be/6r65WwO1-uA?t=1687

Which is worth how much in your eyes?

Stay away from it like a fucking cancer. It'll go the same way as Vine. All you'll do is alleviate those desperate to break even on their investment so you can lose and cry like a bitch.

>long-term investment
TOP KEK

stocks are about the future and i think they will end up being very valuable for snap.
this is something that has the potential to be widespread and very useful.
you could see google buy snap just for its intellectual property in the future.
these are not small potatoes.

snap has already denied a request by google to buy it. facebook is probably going to kill them.

>this is something that has the potential to be widespread and very useful.
Snapchat is already over it's peak mate. Users are declining and those users that still use it, use it it less than before. Face it, at the end of the day is just a camera which sends your pictures to friends aswell and not some groundbraking piece of technology. Best thing that could happen to it, is that Facebook or some other giant buys them.

>in 2013, for $4B
even back four years ago google was willing to shell out that kind of money. they saw the massive potential in snapchat. now the stocks in the open and the mv soaring.

No they'll just be maxing the fuck out of daddy's card lmfao hahahahah snapchat is a must buy desu

It will survive not on profit, but by gobbling up smaller companies and their proprietary tech with front-end profits, as such their speculative value will rise in relation to their accrued tech.

That is until people realize the base Snapchat is unprofitable and they start panic selling information and patents to survive.

Sheeps get slaughtered. Just so you know.

Snapcash is the only thing I see having a chance, but even then it may be more trouble than its worth. Also consider the Snappening, what if that happened with say wallet information?

This is not really the time to use brokers, really you should have 25% in silver and gold, some in 10 or 30 year gov bonds, and most in liquid cash. You are supposed to be waiting for the bubble to burst, not sitting around holding the balloon. Then you buy buy buy!

Also airbnb is high due to non-regulation, and that probably won't change under Trump, unless hotel and tourist interests have his ear. So I would play, but it's definitely seasonal like the rest of the tourism industry.

>>using a broker
>How casual can one man be?
You need one to buy private shares.

The future looks bleak when companies like snapchat and Facebook are worth billions.

I'll say all the fucking kids use it these days, its ridiculous. Better than twitter which isn't saying much.

Not a long term hold, obviously.

It makes more sense when you view it under the lens of deep state datamining apparatus

people dont buy snap cuz of their profits, they buy it cuz it has a huge userbase so a serious profit potential
it wont drop below 15$ anytime soon