Why do liberals love the dalai lama so much?

Why do liberals love the dalai lama so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhCRbZ0cOnM
youtu.be/bLY45o6rHm0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fun to say his name.

>when the faggy kid calls you his friend in public but you gotta keep it cool cause you're there dalai lama

They only like him when he says stuff that they agree with. Everything else they ignore.

>Speaking to German reporters in the de facto capital of Tibet's exiled government, the Dalai Lama apparently said that "too many" refugees are seeking asylum in Europe.

"Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country," he said with a laugh

I thought they hated him now because he's not 100% batshit crazy

didn't they just threaten to burn down one of their colleges because he was going to speak there?

Why do alt-rightists love murderous regimes so much?

I came here to say this.

Moral relativism. They bash Christianity and Western values while supporting the leader of a literal theocracy. The PRC did a favor to push this faggot out of Tibet, the majority of the population was treated like fucking cattle by ruling priest class until then.

cause he's a really deep thinker, but hippies and new age people don't actually understand him. They don't understand Buddism

Buddha reincarnates to reach nirvana

Thr Llama reincarnates for his loli sex slaves

Dalai Lama is actually redpilled as fuck.

Today leaf, you made a good post

Fpbp

>soros

Liberals love to believe that all foreign cultures are dignified and so much better than their own culture.

They believe Native Americans were peaceful hippies who were one with the nature.
They believe Africans are fierce noble warriors.
They believe Arabs practice a religion of peace, unlike those filthy Christian terrorists.
They believe Buddhists are just like they are portrayed in Muh Simpsons, they're so cool and connected, but they also don't believe in gods, wow, they're just like me! Why can't Westerners be so cool and peaceful??!?!

It's brainwashing.

Dailai lama said muslims are a threat

youtube.com/watch?v=mhCRbZ0cOnM
EU to the Dalai Lama: You're a RACIST and a BIGOT

Because they identify with the hippy movement even though they're fascists.

I'm not sure they do. He's said several pro trump things. Liberals hate anything within ten miles of trump. I assume current year man said something? Don't post it, I won't watch. I find him nauseating. Just curious.

The Dali is something they can act smug about. No one reads what he says, until it agrees with them. They discard everything he says, like layers of an onion until they find the sound byte they want. Then they mention it to their friends over coffee.

Yeah. I'm on a layer of that too.

I'm finding myself closer to Gnosticism by the day, because I believe Christ is the son of God but I also truly believe in further meddling of the supernatural and, really, the balance and beauty of Buddhism. There's a great amount of good to what they say, what they teach. Moderation will save us all.

That said, I still do the same thing. I take what I like from them and then don't read the rest. That's the problem with the internet and its untested truths. Everyone can take little pieces now.

Pic related.

They do? Proof of all the libs loving the lama? Source???

fun fact, my grandpa who is the site manager for many events around Australia was presented with a toilet seat only ever used by the Dalai lama, I've taken a shit on the toilet of the most famous shitter

the Dalai Lama also gave him one of those blessed white cloths, if I could just wipe my ass with that it would be perfect

youtu.be/bLY45o6rHm0

Preach on preacher leaf! Truth!

because they don't know shit about his political opinions mostly.

The man has a Twitter, and uses it. Only time I see it repeated is when it's self serving. I'm no Buddhist (unless the Mormons knock) but I know the three basic truths. I try to use the 8 fold path, but I am often weak.
Life is about self improvement, to me.
Thank you, but I was serious. I won't watch.

Virtue signaling, middle to upper class, esoteric "alternative" people like him. The real left, as in actually marxist/communist, hates him as the Chinese government. They are anti-religion, anti-theocracy, anti-Tibet, anti-Lama.

As the first dude you replied to, the semi-Gnostic not-Christian that spoke of it, I would suggest you watch.

I'm aware of shills, and of the bullshit of Youtube views, and how it all works. I also think John Oliver is a salacious, annoying fucking bastard. That said, I don't think he wrote that bit (As with anything since his failed stand-up career), and it's actually somewhat useful. It's somewhat insightful, and might actually get some Leftist idiots to realize "Gee, China has been Commie for the better part of a century and they're more concerned with disinformation and ideological control, maybe it's not about workers rights."

tl:dr; I despise John Oliver, but if you ever watch a single of his videos, that's the one.

Not for long. He calls "refugee" crisis white genocide.

You goddamn madman

The Dalai Lamba is a good man. I have met him in real life and he is certainly someone to look up to. Liberals in the west like him because they have a fetish for foreign cultures but I Tibetans are not zoo animals and they have a right to soverignity and self determination as much as any nationality. These same liberals who idealize him will never assertively come out and claim that Chinks done fucked up or preasurize their government against China. The same is true in India. They will not fight for the Tibetan cause because because it will antagonize the chineese and India it also antagonizes the Muzzies because the muzzies are generally barbaric and budhists tend to have a dislike for both commies and muzzies.

They do this with the pope too

this esoteric information is quarantined prepare to be combatched

edgy

because they don't do their own research
and follow the herd they sniff the air for
fellow liberal farts and follow

the guy is a shill, he advocates for non-violence but still supports animal products industries.

kys.

that's if you talk to the uneducated masses of mellenials. Most baby boomers know about tibet and support it's separation from China. and the Libs that actually read his books know he is a far more complex thinker than they could ever hope to be

Because to us westerners he's a figurehead of Buddhism, even though that entire religions is more complicated than our idea of it being

>"Peace and love dude lmao"

This love for hindus and buddhists is probably a remnant from 1960's memes

Aside from that he's also been referred to as the leader against Chinese oppression and is portrayed as a victim, lefties love victims and latch on to this guy without knowing much about the actual situation

With that said I don't know much about him or the situation in Tibet myself, but I believe there's more to this than "inspirational" quotes you can post on Facebook

because they didn't realize that he's an ethnocentrist