I've been Catholic all my life, but lately (and by that i mean since John Paul II died) the Church has become cucked...

I've been Catholic all my life, but lately (and by that i mean since John Paul II died) the Church has become cucked. Pope Benedict started deviating the Church towards degeneracy, but it wasn't that bad. But I can't handle "Pope" Francis and what he is doing to the Church.

Were Protestants right? Are we the heretics now?
Will the next pope be able to bring us back on track?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Lefebvre#Political_positions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Williamson_(bishop)
w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/speeches/2016/july/documents/papa-francesco_20160727_polonia-vescovi.html
catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-pope-francis-inflight-press-conference-from-armenia-45222/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sedevacantism, SSPX or Full Orthodox are your only options here, senpai.

Make your choice.

[desire to know more intensifies]

The Catholic church is about as bad as the Jews at this point.
Christianity as of late has been going full force in making people act like masochists.

What exactly is he doing to the church?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Lefebvre#Political_positions

Here was one of the SSPX bishops: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Williamson_(bishop)

They are a cadre of supremely red pilled bishops who have been sidelined and locked out of power since Vatican II.

>Were Protestants right? Are we the heretics now?

No, Sedevacantists definitely are though. Pope may be heretic (and this isn't even as obvious as Kikebart clickbait would have you believe), but Catholicism as a religion is still right.

Really?

The Trump syndrome
I don't like my president should burn my country down now?
A lot of the paedophile cases happened with 2 previous ones. And the prohibition of contraceptives
for a population with a pandemia of AIDS are bigger problems than a granpa being cringy while
trying to be cool

Yes

What's he doing to the church?

Even JP2 put a fucking buddha on the altar at the world day of prayer.

Basically fuck every pope post vatican 2.

>atheists can go to heaven
>every religion is correct
>gays are okay
He's subverting the foundations of the Church to make it more """inclusive"""

But Christianity wasn't even an exclusive white man's religion though, so I will have nothing to do with this kike orchestrated masochism.

Start fighting bro. Don't just leave at first sight when things get messy.

T. Newly Converted Catholic (from Atheism) fighting for traditional values.

Read the gospels again honestly. Christianity is a big religion and different popes have talked about it in different ways with different emphases as they thought best but they're still witnessing the same apostolic faith. You can privately disagree if you want but I don't see why you would leave the one true church because Francis told us to love homosexuals. Also the mainstream press very regularly misunderstands/misreports what Francis says, read his own words.

He knows more about Catholicism than you would if you lived to be 200, not to mention being the rightful successor to Peter, so maybe you should be a bit more humble.

Sure, if God judges that their atheism wasn't a mortal sin, i.e. they became atheist through no fault of their own. The criteria of that are totally up to God.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus, but God in his mercy and grace can reconcile anyone to him at death. Check the catechism if you don't believe me.

The way people on Sup Forums talk you would think they were more interested in roleplaying as medieval crusaders than actually loving Christ and mankind, trying to be a saint.

>I would like to express particular closeness to my dear brother Pope Tawadros II and to his community
>Pope

>To want to innovate and change the parish structure? What I am saying may seem heretical, but it is how I see things. I believe the parish structure is analogous to the episcopal structure, different but analogous. The parish cannot be touched; it has to remain as a place of creativity, a reference point, a mother, all these things. It is where that inventiveness has to find expression. When a parish does all this, it becomes – with regard to missionary disciples – what I call a ‘parish that goes forth’… I don’t know if this is a simplistic answer, but I don’t have any other. I’m not a brilliant pastoral theologian, I just say whatever comes to mind.

>I am very good friends with Archbishop Kissag Mouradian of the Apostolic Church and Archbishop Boghossian of the Catholic Church. But with you, more important than belonging to the Apostolic Church or the Catholic Church, is ‘being Armenian’

cool words francis, want to bring them to the white house?

Tell me where the bible ever says to love mankind.

The Pope should not be giving atheists a go ahead to be atheists like is is doing now.
The kind of attitude such a stance inspires is more or less the following:
"Oh boy the pope said atheism is okay! I'm already an atheist, so I guess I don't have to join them to get to heaven!"

I'm not a Christian myself (because it will not secure the existence of the white race with its current trends), but I can see this is not a good way to manage a religion.

>christfags having a circlejerk over their mythology and imaginary rules

rofl it never stops being funny

also

>I went to Turkey as a pilgrim, not a tourist. And I went especially for today’s feast. I went precisely in order to celebrate it with Patriarch Bartholomew. It was for a religious reason. But then, when I entered the Mosque, I couldn’t say: now, I’m a tourist! No, it was completely religious. And I saw that wonder! The Mufti explained things very well to me, with such meekness, and using the Quran… He explained it all to me… At that moment I felt the need to pray. So I asked him: ‘Shall we pray a little?’. To which he responded: ‘Yes, yes’. I prayed for Turkey, for peace, for the Mufti, for everyone and for myself, as I need it … I prayed, sincerely…

top quality meme friend

Catholics lost when they let (((them))) use their MSM to paint you all as pedos. The proper course correction would be to dish it back to (((them))) because rabbis suck blood out of babies' privates, and the history of pedo shit in Judaism is alarming.

Instead, Catholics had a crisis of faith. You guys are like the elite university of Christendom, for good and bad, and by not vocally fighting back, the WASPS followed suit. And that was (((their)))) goal: cut off the head, until every 20something liberal equates Christianity with pedo hypocrisy.

Embrace E. Michael Jones; Expose and Exile Pope Francis the Jesuit Subverter

What is a mortal sin?

The funny thing is that he never actually did - the "atheists go to Heaven" thing apparently comes from people extrapolating on him saying that atheists can be "precious allies in efforts to defend the dignity of man, in the building of a peaceful coexistence between peoples and in the careful protection".

Pope is a traditionally title of a couple of bishops besides the bishop of Rome. It's never been exclusive to him. The bishop of Alexandria is called pope and right now there are two there. This is Christianity 101.

>To want to innovate and change the parish structure? What I am saying may seem heretical, but it is how I see things. etc

Completely out of context. He's actually embracing the traditional interpretation that the parish is an essential unit of the Church and it's important to keep doing good works etc. through the parochial system. The "heretical" bit is ironical. Here's the original: w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/speeches/2016/july/documents/papa-francesco_20160727_polonia-vescovi.html

>I am very good friends with Archbishop Kissag Mouradian of the Apostolic Church and Archbishop Boghossian of the Catholic Church. But with you, more important than belonging to the Apostolic Church or the Catholic Church, is ‘being Armenian’

Again out of context. He was merely talking about a dinner he had with Armenian orthodox and the Catholic Armenian and alluding to how the Catholic Armenian had so much in common with the orthodox because of his use of Armenian liturgy, reading Armenian theology, etc. Here's the original, see for yourself: catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-pope-francis-inflight-press-conference-from-armenia-45222/

I can't wait to tip my fedora at the Virgin Mary and whisper in her ear as gently as I can, "M'lady"

It's all Jesuits fault.

He should say what he means means then in order to silence any that would misunderstand him
As the head of the church he should know better.

Even the medieval Byzantines knew that Christians, Muslims and Jews worshipped the same God.

A sin committed in full knowledge, willfully. These sins cut you off from God and normally have to be reconciled by confession.

Pope Benedict is literally copying John Paul II you stupid retard.

>A sin committed in full knowledge, willfully.
But all sins are willful

>These sins cut you off from God
Where is this in the Bible?

>and normally have to be reconciled by confession.
Where is this in the Bible?

All sins are willful - sin is an act of will, so this follows by definition - but the level of consent one has to one sin isn't always equal to the level one has to another. For example, a sin done while being forced to isn't as consensual as the same sin done freely.

For the second question, Matt. 5:19, and even more importantly 1 John 5:16-18 all speak of distinction between venial and mortal sins. 2 Macchabees speaks of purgatory, which wouldn't make sense if there weren't sins forgivable after death.

James 5:16 for Biblical example of Confession.

>But all sins are willful
Yeah I should've been more specific. Venial sins are sins that don't send you to hell but do increase purgatory and, according to Thomas Aquinas, consist of any action that does not serve god. He gives immoderate laughter as an example. A mortal sin directly contravenes a command of God, often taught as the ten commandments interpreted as broadly as possible.

>Where is this in the Bible?

You wouldn't even have a Bible if it weren't for the Church. Why do you read Revelations and not the Didache? Because of the Church.

But, of course, Church teaching generally is rooted in the Bible and consists in interpreting it. For venial vs mortal sin, 1 John 5:16-17:

If you see your brother or sister[a] committing what is not a mortal sin, you will ask, and God[b] will give life to such a one—to those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin that is mortal; I do not say that you should pray about that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not mortal. (NRSV, a protestant translation)

How about you stop reading clickbait articles that take his words out of context to suit the current narrative?

>Love thy neighbor

>orthodox
See what it did to countries, name a single non shit orthodox country

>but the level of consent one has to one sin isn't always equal to the level one has to another. For example, a sin done while being forced to isn't as consensual as the same sin done freely.
But you agree to all sins. How is it not "as consensual" just because you are being "forced"? Pretty sure there is nowhere that says the punishment is based on anything but the crime.

>For the second question, Matt. 5:19, and even more importantly 1 John 5:16-18 all speak of distinction between venial and mortal sins.
The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23 James 1:15)

>Matt. 5:19
That means nothing because all of Israel enters the kingdom of God (Matthew 25:31-34). Even a sinner will be saved (1 Corinthians 5:5), because all Israel shall be saved (Isaiah 45:25)

Reminder that "Degeneracy" is nothing but a buzz word for "Things I Do Not Like"

Christianity is literally cuckold - the religion.
There are some butthurt low IQ americans on Sup Forums fiercely defending it, but their posts become fewer by the day.
Lets look at some of the core values of christianity:

>Raise your wife's son
>Turn the other cheek
>Love your enemy
>Give your money and property away
>You will be rewarded AFTER you die

Only a stupid cuck would ever find this religion appealing.

>But you agree to all sins. How is it not "as consensual" just because you are being "forced"? Pretty sure there is nowhere that says the punishment is based on anything but the crime.

Are you saying that there is the same level of free consent and choice in both cases? That's pretty fucking retarded mate.

Yes, the wages of sin is death. What's your argument against the verses I posted?

1 Corinthians 5:5 looks like an excommunication. Matthew is irrelevant, it's about the Final Judgement. How is Isaiah relevant either?

There won't be next pope

Yah Christianity was a jewish attempt to invert western morality. It makes you respect lowly people and think that weakness is strength. "The meek shall inherit the earth"

>1 John 5:16-18 all speak of distinction between venial and mortal sins.
The wages of sin is death. But not all error is transgression of the law. If he did mean that, it would contradict what James and Paul said

>Are you saying that there is the same level of free consent and choice in both cases?
It is the same level of choice even if you are tempted to sin because you are being forced to, is it not? Like when Daniel was forced to eat unclean food, would the punishment be any less just because he was forced to?

>What's your argument against the verses I posted?
What I was asking was where the Bible says sin "cuts you off from God" and sometimes must be confessed to a priest. The Bible says only repentance is necessary