He's right y'know

He's right y'know

Good Shit.

Give me the basic rundown on why he's saying.

*what

This book does not even come close to the written work and master piece done by Sean Goonan

What does he say?

Better not to create new people, as human life is just suffering. An antinatalist.

Pull the plug.

Creating new people seems stupid to me because I doubt it's possible to exist without suffering and pulling the plug seems stupid too, because I personally believe we're doomed to live and even if you off yourself who's to say you just won't wake up again after 'n' time of being unconscious. If anything you being aware right now ist the least amount of suffering you can ever achieve and if you commit suicide you will start again from scratch, without being aware. Or you having to fight for awareness again. Saying knowing you're living a nightmare is preferable to not knowing.

Hi, Sean

Never heard of this book before. Never seen a five star rating at goodreads, either. Must be a helluva book.

sorry Germany, only one question per country.
>Why he's saying
he's saying because he has exposed a conspiracy and wants everyone to know

"""nihilism"""", obviously he found enough meaning to write a fucking book and charge money for it

Sounds like you need some Buddha in your life, Krautbro. Become enlightened and break the cycle.

Nothing lasts forever my friend, not even enlightenment.

Antinatalists are retarded. As much as I hate to refer to myself as a nihilist (but that's technically what I am) I concede antinatilism has some good points or arguments, and theyre probably correct about life being a useless struggle and existence itself is misery for the most part. But the practice of antinatilism itself its (obviously) flawed overall.

With every passing decade we make life just abit more tolerable for ourselves. Obviously that will spike from time to time (especially in the advent of theronuclear war), but we have the potential to substantially reduce misery and struggle with each generation should we play our cards right. By practicing antinatlism we reverse that trend, while NOT accomplishing its primary objective.

Lets pretend for a moment everything he says in his book is irrefutable. 100% factually correct. Who's going to listen to him and stop having kids? Even if the west (his only real audience) by some miracle all stopped having kids, who does that leave? The third world and the chinks, who will probably have twice as many kids, with the chinks outright killing or enslaving anyone left. REAL misery for decades.

And according to antinatilism ethics preached in that book, the only moral method to complete their goal is to influence people to stop having kids voluntarily (no murders or sterilizatin etc). Good luck with that, you're going to fail and make life even more fucked up.

Anti-natilists are cowards. Instead of addressing and tackling real problems they just prefer to lie down and give up.

It's not really about nihilism

Wait, so he says stop having kids? Sounds like some batman shit honestly. Why not blow up the whole fucking planet if you really believe non-existence is better than existence, even if by definition there's nothing to experience but existence.

Eternity lasts forever :^)

With strange aeons even death my die, or something like that.

>Wait, so he says stop having kids?
Thats the entire premise of anti-natilism.

>Why not blow up the whole fucking planet if you really believe non-existence is better than existence
Because his thinks he's "enlightened", and "moral", and that violence shouldnt be regarded as a solution because you will be inflicting pain and misery on people, which is what antinatilism wants to avoid. :^)

He is afraid to crack eggs to make an omelet, while subtlety virtual signalling in a desperate (and laughable) attempt to bring people to his cause. To them life is pain, so its better not to be born.

Honest question, why doesn't he kill himself?

Hurr durr
Read the introduction to the book by Ray Brassier

You didn't read the book because that is clearly addressed in it. He's not calling on anyone to do anything.

It honestly is great, it's cheap give it a read

What is calling on then? What's the purpose of the book?

> hurr buy my book!
nice try niggerfaggot

I don't get this at all. Living is much more preferrable to death. I enjoy my life.

Sounds like a whiny faggot.

Its definitely worth reading, but moreso for the earlier part where he tries to break down the psychology behind certain archetypical fears, like puppets for instance. His antinatalist philosophy is largely the product of his own profound misery and could easily be fixed, but part od what makes his fiction so terrifying is that same internal terror. If you want to get into what makes Ligotti worth reading I would recommend Teatro Grottesco, the stories Nethescurial, The Red Tower, and The Clown Puppet.

Actually, as the self-confessed 'nihilist' you're the one lying down and giving up. Anti-natalists may not want humanity to continue in procreating but that is not to say that they do not believe in anything. Your argument about technology would be flawed to many anti-natalists as they often take the position they do because they believe man and his technologies are a cancer upon this earth. You'll also find that many anti-natalists believe that the idea of 'tolerance' or something being 'tolerable' remains an illusion created inside our mind to numb ourselves from the cosmic horror of existence and the brotherhood of suffering between everything alive.

Actually if you look at japanese birthrates or white birthrates compared to minorities in the West, it is incredibly easy to convince people unconsciously not to have children. And it is actually more linked to the influence of all-pervasive technology then you might first imagine.

Read Peter Zapffe's The Last Messiah and Industrial Society and its Future by T. Kaczynski, they're very short. Try and believe in something if you can manage it, coward.

Here's an excerpt from the book:

Above all, Conspiracy is a document of the pessimist's dilemma: that the worthlessness of life and its philosophical realisation tends to become worthwhile (a ‘no’ becomes a ‘yes’). And in this, Conspiracy might be characterised as a form of ecstatic pessimism, a pessimism that is resolutely misanthropic and without redemption, but that also must constantly bear witness to the failure of thought that constitutes it.Yet is a crumbling of thought that Ligotti has borne witness to again and again. Ligotti's 1994 book Noctuary contains a short piece, ‘The Puppet Masters’. It consists of a brief confession of an unnamed narrator who appears to have secret conversations with the puppets, dolls, and marionettes that lay about his room: ‘Who else would listen to them and express what they have been through? Who else could understand their fears, however petty they may seem at times?’ In an uncanny reversal, the narrator begins to suspect he too is a puppet; and the human-like puppets are also alarmingly unhuman. They are mute and indifferent, like puppet masters. The narrator continues, recapping one of Ligotti's recurring motifs, that of the puppet without strings, the conspiracy without conspirators:

Do I ever speak to them of my own life? No; that is, not since a certain incident which occurred some time ago. To this day I don't know what came over me. Absent-mindedly I began confessing some trivial worry, I've completely forgotten what it was. And at that moment all their voices suddenly stopped, every one of them, leaving an insufferable vacuum of silence.xiv

With nihilism we see the destruction of value so there is no moral imperative in any direction: action and in action are equally empty of value so criticizing him writing a book makes no sense.

If the argument from nihilism was "in the absence of meaning we must not act" you would be correct. But the elimination of moral value means there is no right action and no prescription for human behavior that is more valid than another.

Antinatalism is 100% true. But it's too idealistic, too utopian. The problem is that idiots will never understand this. The only people that could ever willingly refrain from procreation are the intelligent ones. Therefore real-life antinatalism is dysgenic.

Also Nietzsche's concept of the Last Man and Calhoun's mouse utopia experiments and the notion of 'the beautiful ones'

Fuck off Marek

Great fucking book. Unknown author but unbelievable stuff regarding philosophy and the construction of a strong society.

I honestly dont know.
Alright fair enough, I retract my comment "according to antinatilism ethics preached in that book". I was discussing anti-natilism in general in response to

Antinatilism IS advocated by several antinatilist groups.

Depends on who are where you. Life is bad for some people, and thats sad. But many antinatilists want to convince others to follow the same path, and thats the retarded part I find about it.

>Actually, as the self-confessed 'nihilist' you're the one lying down and giving up.
I dont know what else to describe myself as desu. I dont follow any religion. I think the universe is indifferent to us. I dont think we have any specific purpose. I believe life was a freak accident, but that doesnt mean i dont enjoy it and give myself my own sense of purpose through my family and friends and experiences.

>they believe man and his technologies are a cancer upon this earth
The technology isnt the problem, its the people who use it. Technology is just a tool. Use it wisely and you can make things alot easier for yourself and others.

>Try and believe in something if you can manage it, coward.
Why the fuck should I? I dont try to believe in something for the sake of it, thats just retarded. And nothing so far sounds convincing, because by the nature of the universe it will almost always be more complex and too vast for any of us to understand or to have such cocksure stance on it.

Im not pessimistic. As I said, I enjoy my life, but still, its almost impossible for us to discern why we're fucking here, and I dont try to fill the gaps with bs.

'True Detective' fedora

Indeed, anyone who lurks on this board should get a copy.

>The technology isn't the problem, it's the people who use it.
Hence why I said man and his technologies..

>I dont try to fill the gaps with bs.
you managed to fill all the gaps in your post with bs

Read at the very least The Last Messiah.. its like a couple sides of A4..