British University Bans All "Politically Incorrect" Words for Lecturers

zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/british-university-bans-all-politically-incorrect-words-heres-list

>Cardiff Metropolitan University is at the forefront of political correctness sensitivity. The University Bans Lecturers from Using any Sexist or Insensitive Words. The list of banned words is wider than you might think. Here are some examples: mankind, homosexual, housewife, manmade, and sportsmanship.

>The article also states that you should try to avoid words like “mother” and “father” unless you can say “mother and father” together.

>According to the guide, Mrs. and Miss are considered offensive. Clearly, it’s best to avoid gender-identifying terms altogether.

What are some of the other triggering words which you would like to see banned from schools, Sup Forums?

mandatory

What about "bad guy".
Or trash man.
Or gunman.
Or fall guy?
Or whipping boy?

I was taught in Dutch middle school that almost all cases of the suffix "-man" are actually derived from "human"; is this incorrect? If not, why does the leadership of a British university have a worse grasp on the English language than dutch middle school teachers?

this is correct. it was never intended to be sexist, this is just stupid fucking grandstanding.

> housewife
> consumer

Well they fucking nailed that one didn't they

>MANkind becomes huMANity

Men win again. PC BTFO forever

>sportsmanship --> fairness
that one really gave me the 1984 shivers

"It's a beautiful thing, the Destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms. After all, what justification is there for a word, which is simply the opposite of some other word? A word contains its opposite in itself. Take ‘good,’ for instance. If you have a word like ‘good,’ what need is there for a word like ‘bad’? ‘Ungood’ will do just as well – better, because it's an exact opposite, which the other is not. Or again, if you want a stronger version of ‘good,’ what sense is there in having a whole string of vague useless words like ‘excellent’ and ‘splendid’ and all the rest of them? ‘Plusgood’ covers the meaning or ‘doubleplusgood’ if you want something stronger still. Of course we use those forms already, but in the final version of Newspeak there'll be nothing else. In the end the whole notion of goodness and badness will be covered by only six words – in reality, only one word. Don't you see the beauty of that, Winston? It was B.B.'s idea originally, of course," he added as an afterthought. - George Orwell's 1984

>tl;dr this was only a matter of time

The second meaning of "man" isn't actually about males, but virtue-signalling and controlling language is more important to them than petty facts.

who the fuck is even alive to be offended about polio in 2017?

>workmanlike

I don't think anybody has ever used that word to describe anything

polio victims

Housewife Consumer.
I just want a nice consumer, you know?

Polio victim Polio survivor
Another polio survivor died from polio.

Chairman chair

The chair sat at his chair. After sitting for some time he got uncomfortable, so the chair stood up and realized that this wasn't his chair at all. If the chair was the chair the chair had gotten when he became the chair it would have been a chair designed to be as ergonomic of a chair to the chair as possible, after all it is a chair for the chair.

this is bullshit.

>mfw imagining some retarded leftist getting triggered over hearing the words "polio victim" and "taxman"

Firefighters used a lot of human resource and artificial equipment to ensure the loving consumer didn't die in the blaze.

The space station is completely artificial.

Jacob Smith 1876-1898 was the most recent Polio survivor, succumbing to the disease at the young age of 22.

Man is literally the shortened version of "human".
"Wer" is the original word meaning male (which is where "werewolf" come from, means "manwolf")

Astonishingly a leaf did a post that is not made of shit.
10/10

Homo quite literaly means same. Not sure what this saves but I think I will just revert to calling them sodomites

Who the fuck is ever gonna remember this shit?

Faggot -> British university

British University -> Global Education Center

Manpower becomes huMAN ressource. I don't know why but that triggered me.