So what exactly is so bad about being a centrist?

So what exactly is so bad about being a centrist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/08/08/illegal-alien-crime-accounts-for-over-30-of-murders-in-some-states/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lot of people confuse "centrism" with having no stance, both people claiming to be centrist and those commenting on the previous.

You're a 90s nostalgia mouth breathers

Centrists sway in whatever direction the wind is blowing. Regretting their decisions later rather than sticking with them.

See: USA post 9/11. Patriot Act. Iraq War. Syria. Lybia. etc. etc. All of which can be blamed on the mushy middle who agree at first but chicken out later.

you eventually get trampled by one side, so best to align yourself early.

spineless

we are perfect

You lose elections

Things that win elections: hope, hate, showing off, grand plans, anger, unity
Things that lose elections: mellowness, apathy, appeasing both sides

Being an independent thinker doesn't mean you're apathetic it means you don't subscribe everything a political party says. Centrism isn't what you guys think it is.

centrist is the ultimate bluepill,
believes gaslighting from all sides,
has no core values,
middle of road,
always run over

You're assuming the two sides are equally extremist. While I'm sure Sup Forums disagrees the fact of the matter is the Republican party went off the deep end back in the 90's and haven't even come close to coming back to where they were. The democrats of today would be the republicans of the late 80's/early 90's.

The democrats have already compromised, they've really compromised too much. No use in being centrist when your choice is between two right wing parties.

So what do you think of black genocide and white genocide?

troloolololololololololololololololololololololololololol

I don't agree with all of the neo-cuckservatives in the Republican party, so I guess I'm a centrist

You embody the Golden Mean Fallacy.

I consider myself an extreme centrist. We need to gas the kikes and deport all the spics and niggers.

Pick a side. Start a war.

You again?

nothing. political stances don't mean shit without context. I land dead center on centrist in every political compass test i take; in the context of our current social and political atmosphere, I am 100% on the conservative side and have voted republican in every election since 2008.

>The democrats have already compromised, they've really compromised too much.

yeah just like how they compromised with Obamacare...

oh wait it passed with zero republican support.

>white or black genocide
You mean racemixing? People should be allowed to have children with who ever they choose, there's nobody trying to wipe out the white race like some claim. I know pol tends to blame "da jooz" for promoting race mixing but in reality, interracial couples seen by younger people as progressive and bold which is what consumers like in entertainment/commercials it's a business move more than anything. I think people here are butthurt that they are kissless virgins with no gf so they take their frustration out on racemixers

Whats the matter with being centrist

Half of Democrats platform is "IF YOU BELIEVE X THEN YOU BELIEVE Y. IF YOU BELIEVE Y YOU BELIEVE Z"
If you take that away from them they will have even less then a leg to stand on. The only way to do that is to take the middle path, which by the way gets pushed further and further to the right as Progressive Ideals crawl further and further up their own asses
>Muh Lukewarm faith
Bleep on sheep, if you claim to believe everything republicans believe just because a republican said it not a democrat then you dont actually "believe" anything

The Republicans have slowly been moving to the left for 100 years
Give me the party of Coolidge

It means you compromise with evil

>this is what liberals actually believe

Very logical, well thought out and peaceful opinion
However...

>you fucking shitlord, how dare you allow decendants of kings to be continually abused; whites are the most evil race evar who'll ride on their privilege to get whatever they want
>whites are the global minority, you know what is product of a white-nigger marriage? A broken single parent family with drug addict kids
And you have 0 of the 2 votes

Ok, I see your point.
But I'm not looking for votes I'm just saying what I personally believe. It's really shitty that politicians need to change their political opinions in order to negate the oposing teams political opinions so they can get votes. I think it discourages people from independent thinking and makes them want to subscribe to everything a certain political party believes without thinking for themselves. Basically, unlike genders, politics shouldn't be binary when it comes to elections.

Tell me if you will, why should Christians compromise with communists who hate them? This is essentially the breakdown between left and right. Marxism, "humanism", and communism on the left, and Christianity on the right. What comprises can be made that the left wouldn't just go back on and demand more, like that have been for 100 years?

>Tell me if you will, why should Christians compromise with communists who hate them? This is essentially the breakdown between left and right. (((((Marxism))))), "humanism", and communism on the left, and Christianity on the right. What comprises can be made that the left wouldn't just go back on and demand more, like that have been for 100 years?

This

It means you follow whatever the culturally dominate political ideology while relating your own extremist to anyone that falls on the other side of the political compass regardless of whether or not their moderates themselves or extremist to reaffirm your own intellectually superiority that's derived from a general ignorance and apathy of world affairs

i.e. believes in gay marriage even though a majority of self-proclaimed centrists 10 years ago were against it while screaming about how blue haired feminazis BLM, and Republicans are all the same thing and are complete idiots )(in relation to you, of course) and thinks the solution to everything would be if both sides "just stopped yelling at one another and compromised on everything"

>omg shut up, why do guys keep talking about politics during an election year. I want talk about Batman v. Superman instead. Everyone is dumb but me

The white line in the middle of the road is the worst place to drive

>So what exactly is so bad about being a centrist?

Besides the fact that you get pushed around by both the left and right because you have no core values or cohesive ideology? Nothing...

Being a self-identified centrist is almost as bad as identifying as an anarchist or communist.

>but in reality, interracial couples seen by younger people as progressive and bold which is what consumers like in entertainment/commercials it's a business move more than anything

Countered your own thinking. Why do younger people see race mixing as progressive? Because they have been brainwashed into thinking this way. From the beginning of civilization until the mid 1950's the response of most young people to race mixing was disgust often leading to a violent response. The constant media barrage made possible by tv and internet is the thing that has made race mixing seem progressive to ignorant children.

Depends on what you mean by centrist. If you mean you agree with the Republican platform on some issues and the Democratic platform on others, that's fine, but sitting between their platforms on every issue is weak.

Doesn't exist currently. Getting outbred into minority status is not what genocide means, and identitarians should cut the hyperbole. As long as there are white people interested in preserving white people, there will still be white people, but their supersession by brown people is just a reality of demography, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it short of actual genocide.

Centrism is good. It's the perfect TV-watcher ideology. Because extremism is bad. In fact all extremes are bad and being civilized = being a pacifist.

Don't misunderstand me now. Centrism doesn't mean that you're a cuck. Heh, hahah! Oh you! It simply means that a person can enjoy Both sides without being too much invested in either. Centrism gives you the opportunity to be part of politics without really reading anything. You simply just have to wager the possibilities of each side and then pick a stance without standing by anyone.

The best part about Centrism is that you're not part of anything while simultaneously being part of something. You see.. As a centrist you get to witness what extremism does, right before your eyes and when they are finally done with their extreme behavior you can say: At least I didn't do anything, I just watched.

Centrism. Because hindsight is the best political theory: youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Stop taking real responsibility. Only extremists have genuine opinions. Being passionate about a political ideology means you're insane!

Being moderate is what made Sweden good. Why don't You try it today?*

*works best in combination with Civic Nationalism.

They're philosophically inconsistent status quo cheerleaders.

>Things that win elections: hope, hate, showing off, grand plans, anger, unity
literally hitler

as soon as people stop caring about trump he'll start doing more and more extreme things to hold on to the spotlight

>as soon as people stop caring about trump he'll start doing more and more extreme things to hold on to the spotlight

What if they're good things, though?

Maybe but Sup Forums considers Hitler a good leader. And he got massive numbers of his population slaughtered in a hopeless war. And I note the main sufferers from that were young German men who were sent to die, not young German women or young foreign men.

The republicans wanted gun ownership to be a right, and the democrats wanted guns to be banned, so they compromised required a federal background check to buy guns . But the democrats still wanted to ban all guns, so they compromised and banned all automatic weapons. But the democrats still wanted to ban all guns, so they compromised and so on and so on until you reach the absurd restrictions on guns that you have today.

Where did I say anything about going to war?

You said:

>as soon as people stop caring about trump he'll start doing more and more extreme things to hold on to the spotlight

I posed the question to you:

>What if they're good things, though?

What does your response have to do with any of that? Other than shouting Hitler? My question had nothing to do with Hitler. What if Trump starts doing extreme good?

Then what?

Musk is a statu quo cheerleader?

No he's an extreme leftist, he literally advocates for communism. Where do you get the idea that he's a centrist?

I think it's appropriate to point out that the grand measure of Hitler-Trump comparisons don't come from the librul media, but rather from Sup Forums.

Nothing.

Centrists help ensure long-term stability, which enables people to live their lives

>I think it's appropriate to point out that the grand measure of Hitler-Trump comparisons don't come from the librul media, but rather from Sup Forums.

Okay. Conversation's clearly over. You just went full retard.

I mean, all you're saying is "BUT WHAT IF TRUMP DOES THE GOOD THINGS" when all the evidence indicates he will continue to do bad things. So while I hope you're right, I personally have my doubts.

>when all the evidence indicates he will continue to do bad things

What evidence indicates anything of what he's done is "bad?"

I see nothing but good things done so far. So what, exactly, has he done that is "bad" to you. Specifically, to you, what has he done?

The amount of shit he's done to Mexicans...

the only interaction I've ever had with Mexicans is them doing landscaping on my parents' yard.

Steve Bannon is unquestionably a racist...

The idea that "we" should engage in a global competition for resources with China... totally backwards thinking, man.

And just his personality. Guy's a narcissist. All he wants is attention. Just like Hitler. Doesn't have a damn clue what he's doing, just what he isn't "supposed" to do - so that's what he does. Because it gets him attention. Genius I guess but we all know how it turned out for Hitler.

The splinters in your arse, from sitting on the fence.

>The amount of shit he's done to Mexicans...
like what?
>the only interaction I've ever had with Mexicans is them doing landscaping on my parents' yard.
Okay, so you're admitting you have literally zero perspective on international diplomacy beyond being a NEET.
>Steve Bannon is unquestionably a racist...
Wrong. He's unquestionably a Western Culturalist. That doesn't make him, or myself, a racist. I know that's impossible for you to wrap your head around.
>The idea that "we" should engage in a global competition for resources with China... totally backwards thinking, man.
How is competition like totally backwards thinking, man? It's competition. It's life. Life is a competition. All species. All of life. It's a fundamental aspect of nature. If you want to go against that, be my guest, but go against that and you go against God. So good luck. Besides, you think the Chinese aren't in competition with you whether you like it or not? Welcome to the real world, user. Time to grow up. Get out of mommy and daddy's basement.
>And just his personality. Guy's a narcissist. All he wants is attention. Just like Hitler. Doesn't have a damn clue what he's doing, just what he isn't "supposed" to do - so that's what he does. Because it gets him attention. Genius I guess but we all know how it turned out for Hitler.

The guy's definitely a narcissist. When is that a horrible thing for a leader to be? Every world leader, every politician, every CEO, everyone who has every been a leader has, to a degree, been some form of a narcissist. Because in order to be any one of those things, and be a good one, you have to believe in yourself and honestly and truly believe you're the best man for the job. Is there a fine line between narcissism and demagoguery? Of course. But Trump has shown me absolutely nothing so far to suggest demagoguery. Just because Hitler was a narcissist does not make every world leader Hitler and it certainly doesn't make Trump Hitler.

>like what?
Calling em rapists and generally agitating against them as if they're some sort of massive problem in this country... which they clearly aren't...

>Okay, so you're admitting you have literally zero perspective on international diplomacy beyond being a NEET.
I just dont see why entire groups of people should be pigeonholed as criminals and rapists just because they come from a different land than us.

>Wrong. He's unquestionably a Western Culturalist. That doesn't make him, or myself, a racist. I know that's impossible for you to wrap your head around.
Lol now who's pulling -isms out of their ass

>How is competition like totally backwards thinking, man? It's competition. It's life. Life is a competition. All species. All of life. It's a fundamental aspect of nature. If you want to go against that, be my guest, but go against that and you go against God. So good luck. Besides, you think the Chinese aren't in competition with you whether you like it or not? Welcome to the real world, user. Time to grow up. Get out of mommy and daddy's basement.
Cuz you aren't competing, you're just hiding behind your team and hoping they win. But sure throw God on it, that's fair.

Nah man narcissism is unquestionably a bad thing. Like Narcissus who was so caught up in his own reflection that he became an eggplant. I mean Trump goes from accusing Obama of wiretapping him to lambasting Schwarzenegger over his TV show in a matter of hours... guy's got his head screwed on backwards.

I gotta run to the gym, man. I hope this thread is still up when I get back so I can revisit your reply if you choose to make one, though.

You tell the plebs to stop falling in love with rabble rousers. In times of peace that makes them think you're weak/clueless. In times of conflict that makes them think you're a traitor.

Such plebs should read about the deaths of Rommel and Socrates.

If you have principles, you follow them to their natural conclusion. By being a centrist, you have no principles.

The centre is globalist and therefore radical.

You just proved his point, with a filibuster-proof super majority Obama proposed a right wing free market healthcare bill, it was really Romney care. It was basically what Nixon proposed; and what Bob Doyle endorsed and what the Heritage Foundation proposed, etc...

If any politician proposed the ACA in Europe they would be lynched.

You don't believe in anything except being as wishy-washy and uncontroversial as possible.

The holocaust was perpetrated by centrists.

Meaningless fence sitting with no clear goals or motives

I see that "centrists have no values or principles" is the stock answer to be parroted, it's hilarious. Every anti centrist post in this thread says the exact same thing.

Being centrist boils down to critically thinking about every question and situation and not deferring your opinion to a second party for formulation.

Nothing.
Best is to unite the extremism on the left and the right into one single ideology.

Centrists are spineless fence-sitters with no clear principles.
Pick a side fag

Pick a side on what ?

You're an idiot.

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/08/08/illegal-alien-crime-accounts-for-over-30-of-murders-in-some-states/

Center always cracks

What does that mean?

Nothing

Red team or blue team

What's the competition / argument / discussion?

>pick a side
I'd rather think for myself and believe in what I believe in. Keep being a sheep that subscribes to everything their "team" believes.

Historically, centrist movements have always given way to radicals, because centrists don't tend to fight with enough conviction to sustain their movements. Ex. a centrist would not be likely to riot to get what he wants. A hardcore liberal would. This exact thing happened in France and led to the Reign of Terror, when Jacobins (radicals) literally killed Girondins (centrists) because they disagreed with them. They then proceeded to take control of government and kill regular French people.

>be red get shot
no arguments necessary

centrism scares them

>not being willing to use violence to forward your political beliefs is a bad thing

lmao

You see, unlike genders, political ideologies aren't binary. It's a 3D spectrum so telling somebody to pick a side is retarded.

What if I am an anti centrist?

Lol, as if being murdered is the most serious thing we have to worry about. I bet 90% of those murders are on blacks or other illegal aliens.

I'll put it this way. There is a club even more exclusive than nationalism. That club is corporatism. You call it globalism. I guarantee Trump is working for this club. He is not working to make his fellow white males rich he is a paid and controlled shill for people who are already rich. People who are probably more diverse than your community.