Sup Forums and WW1

I was going to post this in /his/ but the I remembered what a group of
faggots they are. Oh and no Hungarians, you faggots started that shit.

What's Sup Forumss opinion on WW1 regarding:
1. Are there any similarities to todays timeline
2. How did it shape modern politics
3. Is the death of the old world monarchy type empires good or bad and why
4. Do you think it would have happened regardless of Ferdinands death

I've been watching this jewtube channel called "The Great War" where
the guy goes week by week chronologically 100 years later. The channel
started 100 years ago to the day the great war started and dude has
uploaded new videos every week also side videos elaborating further.
Give it a look if you want. Heres what was happening 100 years ago
today. youtube.com/watch?v=JwkpkizlaRs&index=8&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxP4G7pljFCWC9B2t_wo0twt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8
youtube.com/watch?v=lO-u-efN_9k&list=WL&index=116
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have a bump buddy

I like that guys channel as well.

1. yes
2. look up progressive movement and fed formation in 1913
3. natural progression, kings just became hidden, now they are taking a step further into shadows
4. yes, that is literally a joke. paid to be done

>4. yes, that is literally a joke. paid to be done
Who? the joos?

the commies so yes

2 thank you
3 I definitely agree

checked

Thanks. Im not fluent on ww1 history. They didnt teach us anything about it in our schools.

It was the war that absolutely destroyed the west beyond repair.

That men it's so proud of his rats.

While it was obviously caused by serbia and the entante the real culprit is globalization and the only reason every war worth mentioning doesnt devolve into a world war is nukes

This

Nothing good came of WW1

The Hun declared war knowing it would drag the rest of Europe in I thought.

The absolute goal was to kill goyim in mass.

The rest is literature.

>Is the death of the old world monarchy type empires good or bad

The west was already transitioning to democracy

If anything WW1 ruined decades of progress and allowed the entire western political system to get corrupted by international banking

What was the point of WW1? What did 40 million white people die for?

Lol no

Germany thought it could get a quick easy victory with minimal effort and casualties

And they would have been right but Belgium stopped them

Topple Germany's power, mostly.

Mainly to stop the more goyim friendly German Economic system from existing

Ironically at the time America had a similar system (except with a parasitic banking sector/FED ruining everything) so in a way it was a war to allow America to dominate the west instead of Germany

>Belgium stopped them
>not Brits at the Marne

>1. Are there any similarities to todays timeline
Ethno States/Empires clashing with one another for land? Not so much, maybe in africa or the middle east still but not as much in the civilized world.

>2. How did it shape modern politics
Lead to early formations of U.N. and ideas of things like N.A.T.O., paved the way for de-colonization due to the devastating effects of a world war. Empire's can manage and control their colonies if their own people are being slaughtered in europe.

>3. Is the death of the old world monarchy type empires good or bad and why
I would say its good, I know many with disagree with me, but I'd prefer for representation in my government whether it be good or stupid. Sure if your monarch is a great leader it can be a good thing but there are plenty of examples of shitty rulers who can end up fucking a lot of shit up.

>4. Do you think it would have happened regardless of Ferdinands death
Yes but alliances could have been different

I am by no means an expert in this subject, these are just my opinions. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who understand this far more than I do.

I had quite a bit of family serve in the first world war and have some more pictures if you guys want.

They expected British resistance

But they expected no resistance whatsoever from Belgium. They honestly thought the Belgians would wave them through like at a traffic light

I mean serbia unofficially declared war so austria faught back and Germany tagged along because they were austrias allies and Austria was fighting a defensive war and the other world powers stabbed them in the back because they were rapidly declining and they saw it as an opportunity to detroy a blossoming germany who was the new big dick in town

for those unaware
youtube.com/watch?v=x8OmxI2AYV8
picture unrelated

Austria Hungary and Germany were already partially democratic with elected legislatures that had to vote on laws

Russia was the only true monarchy left

ROMÁNCIGÁNY!
O
M
Á
N
C
I
G
Á
N
Y
!

wtf germany was dragged into the shitshow due to its alliance with austria.

and how do you account for stagnation and corruption in democratic governments? at some point, every system depends on its populace being virtuous. in a monarchy, the people ultimately have to hold the king responsible as he is the representative of their will to live.

Hell yeah dude. Post the images.

Thats what I was implying spainbro

I misspoke though. so my bad

>Its another 'Germany did nothing wrong' episode

Not for me... I stand with my nation and its allies

I don't see how any less corruptible a monarchy would be either. What I like about democracy that is practiced correctly is that people are able to improve their social class if they have enough determination and smarts if they come from dirt nothing. When you have nobility, clergy, and other smaller groups with power who are determined to keep you in your place it becomes far more difficult to advance yourself as opposed to in a functioning democracy

Piss off Britcuck, stay on your inbred island and discuss your own politics there. Your country has had many faults as well

>t. Timothy Schmidt

Youve been banned from this thread

whats the pic?

But this leaves out the fact the Germans were sinking a LOT of US ships, especially in 1917. For some reason you went all out on US shipping.

I do know though that the US were sending materials on their ships

It's from the Augsburger Puppenkiste

youtube.com/watch?v=lO-u-efN_9k&list=WL&index=116

Nothing's preventing a return to the original meaning of nobility, that is a class that devotes itself to serving the state by excelling in fields that promote its welfare (historically, warriors, though in a modern sense it would probably be defined as the people trusted by the king to administer provinces and perhaps high level military leaders or something. a non-hereditary system of nobility sounds feasible to me.).

Having a monarchy doesn't mean having a dominant clergy automatically. That is not part of the definition. Anyway, lots of people could join the clergy in era of monarchies.

desu i'm really tired so i hope this makes sense.

It does and your arguments are fairly reasonable spainbro. I need to go to, got some shit to get done

backed up by a constitution enshrining certain rights and a social system that maintains the people's health and prepares them for success

Kek, in all seriousness this war was tragic and should never have happened.

Agreed