Self Improvement Thread

We will never see the changes we desire unless we become what we idealize.

Post workout progress, routines, book recommendations, classes you've been taking, gardening tips, debating help, hunting advice, fucking anything as long as you're improving yourself.

This generation of white men will either be the strongest we've ever seen, or the last.

Other urls found in this thread:

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Revolt-Against-the-Modern-World.pdf
youtube.com/user/TheLatsbrah
cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=F9crcphaSbw
youtube.com/watch?v=hB7aGnfLB-8
paulasset.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=c1aYgvmaqxU
menofthewest.net/category/fitness/
youtube.com/watch?v=nhzV-J1h0do
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
instagram.com/p/BRRBzl_FxhD/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll bump with some book recommendations.

Obligatory Plato, Penguin version is good but skip the fucking 30 page introduction, read that after you've read the actual book.

Is this what you idolize? Because that's fucked.

Just started this, quite fucking good if you want a very realistic portrayal of war. It's bloody as hell.

Fucking kek

Actually haven't started this one, but I do have the pdf for it.

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Revolt-Against-the-Modern-World.pdf

Is the guy in your photo also a champion? I don't recognize the beaded in your pic, is he also notorious?

No, he idolizes Perseus, from a time in European history when we weren't total cucks. A time before Christianity

how do i keep myself from from beating myself up too much? i just spent a year and a half recovering from a neurological disorder but every day i get mad because im not back to 100% yet

No religious fights in here, this is for improving all of us.

And last book recommendation. Fucking fantastic book, if a bit confusing sometimes.

Is it kind of like expecting to be ripped after one day of working out? Progress takes time dude, forge yourself every day into a stronger piece of steel.

sup bruh. it will come from within. YOU will CHOOSE to stop beating yourself up, and only then will it stop. free yourself from your own shackles

Oh and one more bump with the channel that got me into lifting and self improvement. Binge this guy if you need motivation.

youtube.com/user/TheLatsbrah

Ride the Tiger is better IMO but this is dank too.

I'm reading this right now, still early on but so far I like it. It's much more down to earth approach to traditionalism than Evola.

ya its just tough, ive almost been sick for 2 years. i lost 2 years stuck in bed and recovering. i just wanna be a productive member of society again

I'll add it to my list, I've got a huge backlog going on right now. Either Wealth of Nations or Dantes Inferno after Revolt.

PDF for Ride the Tiger as well for those interested.

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=F9crcphaSbw

Example of one of his videos, a bit silly, but god damn the dude is ripped.

bump, will read this thread later. best of luck, everyone.

Most bestest book i ever read

I'm not doing much at all. I'm going from 100% sedentary to forcing myself to walk for 15 minutes a day at least 4 days out of the week.

I'm working myself to jogging 15 minutes every day at least 4 days a week. I almost made it before, I'm going to try to make it again.

please help motivate me bros

I'm a fatass. I always can hold to a diet for like one week, but then I get pissed about the minimal progress, get depressed and binge for a few days, and have to start all over again

do keto, you can eat all the bacon you want

Just keep at it. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You can do eet.

Like I said earlier, progress takes time. The important thing is that you're making changes today.

You just need to keep the bigger picture in your mind. Think of how grateful you will be in one year that you started.

I particularly liked his criticisms of democracy. Quite a bit was applicable to today.

forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=hB7aGnfLB-8

>Covering up the dick
IM TRYING TO FUCKING MASTURBATE

the way you see yourself never quite manages to capture who you really are
someone else is probably really fucking proud of you, they just have trouble saying it

you'll get there mate

thanks guys, do you have any recommendations to how to deal with the unmotivatingness of slow progress?

I'll check out the video

Something that might sound silly (but the Golden One is who always teaches it) is to use something like video games as motivation. Have a body goal of the fucking Dragonborn or something.

Or my personal favourite is to look to history to motivate you. Quotes from Socrates like "no man should be an amateur in physical fitness", or looking at what the average Athenian looked like really makes you want to become like the heroes of old.

You guys are champs for posting the pdf's . thanks

most people underestimate walking, even just walking 30 min to an hour a day. It also gives you time to think and contemplate while getting fresh air.

thanks m8 i'll check that out
I really appreciate it

Just make a plan and stick with it. There are always setbacks but if you make it part of your routine it's easier. It takes about two weeks for a behaviour to become a habit.

is the purpose of this exercise or to make me feel better about myself?

Another one that I haven't got around to reading but I'm fairly certain is absolutely critical to read.

paulasset.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD.pdf

Both.

Anything that is progress of the self is good. At least you won't be sitting down and getting absolutely nowhere

Buy a kettlebell if you can't afford to hit the gym.
It's small, portable, and versatile. You can preform a multitude of exercises with it.

Awesome.

Lots of wisdom in that PDF...its 100 pages, let's sacrifice an hour of our 24 hours of the day and better our mind. Right now I'm gonna go for a jog too

this guy talks a little bit about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=c1aYgvmaqxU

Reading this right now

Godspeed, user.

Unfamiliar, is it fiction?

Nonfiction, about common mythological archetypes. Jung is better imo.

Urine therapy is the single key to nobility. Water of Life Papyrus. Goddess Hygeia.

is there a good site / forum for just this stuff.

Don't listen to this retard bro science.
Go on a whole plant food diet and do some light cardio while on a 500 caloric deficit

Shoo.

thanks
it's just really motivating when you guys give me (you)s. feels like you all care about me

i'll look into difference between keto and other stuff

You just brought a curse on yourself, bitch. Not so smart, are ya?

on keto right now, i can run and not get winded pretty great feeling.

What, are you going to pee on me? Jokes on you, I'm into it.

Dude dont do a "diet". Learn a bit about what every food has (the nutrients and shit), you will learn to select what to eat better.
If you know what you are eating you feel good for eating healthy, and bad for eating shit, but dont kill yourself if you fuck up.
CUT SUGAR WHEREVER YOU CAN
Make your food whenever possible.
Start lifting, for fun, mix strengh training (it will make you feel like a god when you finally get to 3 plates and shit)
DONT FOCUS ON RESULTS, TRUST IN THE PROCESS
Like with lifting, progress on eating better wil come with time, cutting everything at once will not last.
Today I am fit, dont drink soda (and do not miss it), am slowly cutting the salt and refined sugar from my diet. Feeling better than ever.

I was actually looking for pic related and stumbled upon this website. Seems like it has good stuff.

menofthewest.net/category/fitness/

Haha funny antics from a goyim/helot/untermensch/beast/spiritless human. Too late, though. Apologize.

What if I don't have many ideals? What i truly want can't be obtained with conventional methods in the short time frame I'd be able to utilize it to its fullest.

What I also want won't happen with nothing short of winning a large jackpot in a lottery, which hasn't happened yet.

Become very good at a specifilc set of skills and everything else in life will come easy

- Sup Forums has been helping me kick me weed habit; firstly because I can't understand one thread when stoned, but also with the common conviction it makes you complacent af. It also carries over to multiple days even when sober - I'm sick of being tired all the time. And now, surprise surprise, I have more resolve to workout, read and socialize. Thank you Sup Forums for helping me clear the haze.

Only if you redpill us on urine therapy.

Honestly I just focus on being "better than yesterday", with health, fitness, knowlege etc

Do what you can to contribute to the movement in society. Not all men are born to be Achilles, I know I definitely wasn't. The smaller contributors are as important as the large ones.

Pic related? My buddy told me about it a while ago.

Were all in this together, user. Don't rely too much on pol for this type of comfort though. I'm sure many have fell into that trap. Were all just broken. Society and we will fix ourselves and shine brighter than before. I love this side of pol

not attention whoring, but does this hold true if you're a grill? lifting-wise

user, the first step to improvement is to recognize and acknowledge one's flaws. To have flaws isn't a reason to be ashamed. Shame is for when you embrace your flaws. View your flaws as what they really are, opportunities for success.

But don't spend all your time looking for flaws. You need to spend time to be proud of your victories as well.

Broken by an already broken society*

Ive never read this book before but yea why not give it a try
To be fair I never regretted reading a certain book even when I was sceptic beforehand

You mean a cog in a machine instead of a snowflake. I'd rather be neither.

good luck.
2 years ago i could run for about a minute, maybe more if being chased by wild dogs.
Now i run 5 to 6 miles 3 times a week. Bike 7 to 10 miles on the other days.

I started by just running a minute, then walking 2, repeating that for about a mile. then adding more and more time each week. Then i went to couch to 5k, distance not time. Then just started adding a quarter mile every few days.

I think it focuses a lot on what you mentioned. Hope you enjoy it.

no one can refute this

youtube.com/watch?v=nhzV-J1h0do

youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
keto seems to help those who are already healthy and active.
But in reality, it is not useful

Cut out soda and pizza. U will literally lose 15 by doing that alone

reminds me of feels-threads on old Sup Forums

love you too senpai

Pretty sad worldview mate. You'd call Achilles a "snowflake"? There are men and there are men, not all can be great, but we do what we can. I'd rather be a "cog" than a sad piece of shit.

instagram.com/p/BRRBzl_FxhD/

Yes bro, just cut the sugar and proccessed food. Eat whatever you want, just make sure to cook it. Homecooked meals dont make a fatass.

>tfw can afford gym but have social anxiety so can never bring myself to go

Honestly, all the studies Ive read about self steem and shit, is that beig strong helps with Mens confidence.

But if its about being healthy and looking good? yes do your fucking squats and deadlifts. Learn the proper form, it will take a long time to get it down, specially if you are not used to doing sports.
Do the compound movements, and like 3 accessory and cardio obviously, doenst have to be on the same day.
BTW the eating part is important, in your first year you will get results even if you eat shit, but a good diet will make noticeable difference in how you feel and gains

Slow and steady, mate. You can do it

Prasie kek!

thanks adolf it means a lot coming from you
i'll liveup to your legacy

Fructose is one of the biggest problems with todays diet.

Remain busy. Study, work w/e so you wont be thinking about the progess you should be making all day long.

that makes sense, i'll still try to go to the gym then

One of the many many reasons not to marry a dyke. Marry yourselves a housewife anons. You will be grateful. Slav women are best.

this. also take a heavy backpack (15, 30, 45, 60 kg) and climb steps for 30 minutes a day. you wont get big but you will be fit as hell.

also
>read at least 3 newspapers (left, right and one of your choice)
>dont use a calculator
>read min. one book a month
>read min. one news article from end to start
>cook you own food. no processed shit.
>cut all sugery shit
>cut salty shit
>do more handwriting and develop a beautiful type face
>stage arguments with yourself about important news
>stop sitting in fron of a pc. pic related
>learn first aid and basic plumbing
>when you are alone - speak, dont think (seems weird I know)
>if you're living alone and need entertainment while eating - watch documentaries

cant think of anything more right now.

good plan, i defniitely know i eat when i'm bored
thank you

Did you want to know something more specific?
your question was kind of vage, Im happy to help someone who wants to improve, hate lazy fucks.

Don't just work out your bodies, men. You need to train your mind too -- maybe even more so. Reading, writing, watching films -- these are all good. But, as far as I am aware, there is no better training for the mind than pure mathematics. Start wherever you last left off -- be it is simple algebra or cohomology -- and train every day. Go on math stackexchange or math overflow for textbook recommendations and download a book that seems suitable for you. Work through a chapter a day, writing notes and proving all relevant theorems. Do exercises until you've mastered the material, or whenever you feel necessary throughout the note taking process. At this rate, you should progress through 1-2 textbooks a month. Continue this as you would lifting or running, constantly pushing your mind to move even more massive and complex mathematical objects. At the end of your first year, I promise you that you will look back and feel as if your former self was a primitive man from a bygone age.

I think he's generally a fraud, BUT the Tony Robbins book that made him is obligatory. It's still the most effective self-improvement info I'm aware of.

You don't have to look across the border for a true conservative hero

well I can only speak from personal experience.
I can run longer, and i feel great. I consume meats, cheeses, mushrooms, nuts, fats, and eat 3 salads a day.

This. Same goes for vocabulary building.

I'm definitely guilty of shirking mathematics. I'll check out what you mentioned.

Any suggestions on websites which I could use?

Would learning to code be an acceptable alternative? I want to learn a new language but all the human ones are tiresome.