Childhood Nostalgia thread

Born in '96.

>Play outside with the neighbor kids until it got dark outside.

>Walking around town with friends, and exploring the ravine/woods.

>Running around outside playing pretend. (Things like Star Wars)

>Grew up in a small all white christian town, nice and safe.

>Going to church every Sunday, and going to Sunday school. Later on in middle school going to confirmation classes on Wednesday nights.

>Everything seemed more vivid. The smell of the air, and nature. Walking home from school with a friend and just being kids.

>Time moved by slower. The days and weeks blend together now, and the months end as quick as they begin.

>Renting video games from blockbuster, and having sleepovers with friends playing on the PS2.

>Playing Pokemon after school on your gameboy, and watching cartoons on TV.

>Riding the bus home from school, or having your mom come pick you up.

>Driving home from Wal-Mart on the weekends and hearing Coldplay on the radio

>Listening to my dad's music in his car when we'd drive places. (Pat Benatar, Pink, ect.)

The constant internet connection sucks the life out of you and dulls your senses.

>born in '96

Stopped reading right there

go back to Sup Forums you giant faggot

Fuck off kid. Reported.

Having Coldplay be part of your childhood...what a faggot

All of your memories, to someone even ten years old than you, seem so very superficial and corporate.

>star wars
>blockbuster
>ps2
>pokemon
>wal-mart
>coldplay

People generally enjoy their childhoods and, especially when looking back from adulthood, look at it romantically. The fact is, the generation before and the generation after will enjoy their childhoods just as much, but they will be unrecognizable to each other. Society and culture is always shifting and evolving.

There will be a post here in ten years reminiscing about "afternoons spent skyping with my friends, all-night youtube binges, playing call of duty online," etc. And it will be just as legitimate as your 90s childhood.

But here's the secret: it is possible to enjoy your adult life even more than you enjoyed your childhood because you have complete creative control. This is the final redpill. You get to decide your own life.

Sup 96 bro

Used to burn shit, shoot shit, smoke shit in the woods.
Ah the good times...

Just understand that every generation looks at the one below it as pampered, spoiled, and sheltered.

And most of them are right, except for the generation preceding WWI.

Doesn't mean I like the band, just remembering the music from back then in general. Also, I'm over 18 so yes ban me for being underage.

Sorry mate. Just saw the other thread on this earlier and I liked reading other people's responses.

Nice post :)

But yeah I've been lurking here for 2+ years but I think I should stop posting and go back to lurking. Every time I post I seem to make people rage. (I know I know I'm a fucking cancerous nigger who should kill themselves for this post. Edgy as ever, pol.)

Why would you stop posting?

'95 here, hello nigger

You were born in 2001

Also this is a simple bias any psychologist could tell you about. That's why even old fucks remember the Great Depression fondly.

>Born in '96.
underage ba...oh god. Oh god I'm old.

This is very true. But I like reading about current events and chatting with you faggots and learning from youtube.

God this sucks. I used to be so much more creative.

This

I'm usually quick to do this too, until I realize I am a 1993 babby.

87, and this is all pretty much the same for me, save some minor details, like an n64 instead of ps2, and we didn't go to church.

anyone not born in the 80s is either too old or too young to matter

>People born in the early 2000s will be legal in the next few years
Fucking stop this now

For how much longer though?

How has world news and current events benefited your life in any way? It's been a constant negative for me, I get nothing out of it but a dirty high, it's like drugs

>confirmation classes Wednesday nights
buddy you just hit home hahaha. Jesus I remember chilling with my friends and playing army with fake guns my dad bought for us, or we'd just use sticks. Never have a care in the world, everything went by so slow. Jesus a day felt like a year. Jesus political correctness wasnt even a fucking thing. For my 8th birthday My dad bought me a whole knock off nerf thing except all the guns were modeled to be real (M16 that shot darts, mac 11 that had a battery in it, etc etc) If only I could go back to those glory days. Im 22, working as an intern at wells fargo, and all I want to do is just hang out with my boys from my block and play war or pick up football. Jesus christ user, these fucking feels.

about 10 more years

Millennials are the last white majority generation. The last true American generation.

Gen Z is the negroid mestizo mulatto Brazil-hybrid race cultureless adrift atomized 'Final Nail In America's Coffin' race, the first Non White Majority

im having you banned

Nice blog, asshat.

Stop posting about your ages. It's akin to posting your gender. GTFO.

Millenials aren't true American since they have no culture.

>'96

this board is probably 70 percent children

Graduated HS in 1996. Life was good. 2000 hit and everything went to shit overnight... movies, music, books, broads, cars, the whole enchilada.

>Abused
>No longer abused

Silver linings mate

GTFO fag, of course being 21 doesn't fucking feel like being 5 years old

The first Housing Bubble destroyed everything. It divided those who got in early and could live the high life off of equity as well as those in the REAL industry from the rest of us struggling in the aftermath of the dot com bubble and 911. The Bush years were fucked in so many ways, but the economic warfare on the middle class and the MASSIVE transfer of wealth to the protected class destroyed the relatively peaceful and care free promise of the late 90's.

FFS I just depressed myself...

nigga you were born in 78? you're 39?