Redpill me on the US Coast Guard

Why are they considered a military service? All they do is guard the coast.

Other urls found in this thread:

americanspecialops.com/coast-guard/msrt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are only a military service in time of war. They are a uniformed service of the US Government. Like the Secret Service, the Park Police, and so on. They just get bigger toys to do their job.

They usually get to see more action than any of the other guards or reserves.

!4 USC 1 - The Coast Guard, established January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times.

23 yrs CG pilot. AMA

CG gets to shoot drug smuggler boats from helicopters, they're cool as fuck

And we have a few of these kick ass Counter Terrorism units.

americanspecialops.com/coast-guard/msrt/

>i did 23 years at airstations and it was pretty chill

Cutterman here aka real coast guard

AMA

>msrt getting used for anything

Msrt is a meme in the CG

I know some of the dudes who stood up the msrt.

Ah, the Black Shoe arrives. I've got my Sea Service Pin and two Walrus pins. Love to deploy, but I love going home at night more. ;)

>sea service pin

So lemme guess, you had to go on a deployment with a 378 then when all of your hours and op time was complete something "broke" and you had to go back to airsta for the rest of the deployment

True. Very True. I worked in that world (HQ CT shop) for many years before and after I retired. All dressed up with nowhere to go. Give the money to the LEDETs, IMHO.

Dont get me wrong, sometimes i wish i went aviation because its a lot more relaxed but i would have probably never gotten anchors

I'll sailed on everything we've got/had. Most of my time was on 210s in the claw. Plus over five months on EAGLE as both student and instructor. Then CAPT Papp was pretty cool to sail with. Saw him BTFO of a Panama Canal Pilot. Look kids, THAT'S against the rules, but he's the CO. lol

>implying Papp was anywhere near as cool as the Thadmiral

Construction tender life was elder god tier comfy. I do miss that.

Eagle is just a fuck ship for cadets though

For pol it would be /our ship/ cuz of who commissioned it

Concur. I knew then both. Worked in HQ for an admiral first two years of COMDT Allan when Papp was CoS. Thadmial was the boss. Only one of a few true geniuses I've ever known. Man could digest ANY info you threw at him and say "What Else?"

If you think the coast guard is silly...
I had to take an oath of office to uphold the constitution to deliver your junk mail

LOL Yep. Horst Wessel

The dude legitimately cared about his people, yet he never had a stick up his ass

Also thats kinda funny hearing how Papp just did whatever he pleased as a CO.

We both know how notorious he was for relieving commands for the smallest things.

My grandfather enlisted into the Marines at 16, lied about his age. Fought in Korea until he was 22, became Coast Guard during 'Nam. He spoke plenty about his time in the Marines, not a goddamn peep about CG.

'Til his death bed, that is. He, on several occasions, would start having panic attacks and tell us the horrible shit he saw in those waters. The bodies that'd just float up, missing limbs, unidentifiable. The lives he tried and failed to save. Apparently at one point he tried to drag a drowning man out of the water when he reached their boat, only for him to get shot a second later, making it almost pointless.

My point is the Coast Guard is fucking terrifying to join in any sort of naval war, and I have a lot more respect for them than I do for say, the Air Force.

>Use and operate military hardware
>Kill foreign enemies trying to invade instead of doing the invading

Hey I bet the guys over in r9k salute you for delivering their waifu pillows and printed animu

OK, I was just being nice. Since this IS Sup Forums

Papp was a dick with a serious stick up his ass.

Yeah its pretty fucked when you realize during war your pretty much a beta orbiter bullet sponge for the carrier fleet. A true floating white knight cuck ship.

Maybe its because he got made fun of relentlessly for looking like the six flags guy and took it out on everyone once he got some power

This. They think because they have basic training, have enlistment standards, and commissioned officers that they're the same as the real military branches.

LOL And not a hair on his body. Looked weird up close. No sure what caused it.

My ten dead CG buddies and PTSD say fuck off.

He had some wierd disorder that he couldnt grow hair.

This new COMDT is pretty cook though. Met him, hes upstanding and is a good headman and leader of the organization. They got it right appointing Admiral Z. He fights for us in congress and lets people run the show.

Yeah eat a dick

Youve probably never even been to boot

And my dead coastie friends say to eat a dick too

Cool*

Agree. Knew him too back when he was a one star. Great man. I hope VADM Ray makes COMDT next. Had him as CO once. I'd follow that man into Hell.

They do some badass stuff sometimes. My dad is in a PSU (port security unit). They deploy overseas and guard docked navy ships from terrorist attacks (which does happen). Honestly tho even he thinks they fit more DHS than military

The US coast guard doesn't exist
They're a fucking myth
There's a reason why the coast guard recruiting centers and the coast guard office at MEPS is always fucking empty

Me too I like VADM Ray, hes good stuff

Well i gtg to bed its getting real late for me.

Thank you for your service, im sure well talk again.

Fair winds, following seas.

I think they're basically a police force that specializes in coastal and international waters, they get navy toys for doing cop/firefighter/paramedic jobs on the ocean or something along those lines.

Later, my Sup Forums "Shipmate!" ;)

can you confirm my summary in the post above yours

Im usually on /ck/, /diy/, /vr/, /out/, and Sup Forums

Ill have to swing by a little more often though ;)